Roll Call
0 members (), 28 Murran Spies, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 01:53 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 01:51 PM
Books you are looking for to help with your collection.
by Ann Hebistand - 06/01/24 06:00 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 06/01/24 04:37 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:32 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:28 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:25 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:23 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 70 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 69 70
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire
#537331 07/05/04 04:46 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
and gals ! Don't know what would have become of you without Mysa! laugh

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#537332 07/05/04 04:58 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And it was loads of fun having Danny along. Glad you were able to make it DB!

#537333 07/05/04 03:53 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Definitely! It was fun having Danny around.

And Mysa is easy on the eyes. laugh

#537334 07/05/04 07:55 PM
Leader
Leader
Danny's Porcupine Pete is great!

Sorry I had to bail on you this afternoon. My hubby wasn't expecting to have to work a 12-hour shift two days in a row during what was supposed to be a three-day weekend (he had his own task force planned for today), and he sounded so depressed when he called to let me know, I had to do something for him since we weren't doing our TF.

As for the task force, I'm sorry it didn't happen, but I'm excited for an all-Legion TF next weekend. Feel free to play your characters up to 12 this week. As long as we stay in the 11-12 range we'll be OK. I've heard the level of the bad guys you face is the same as the highest-trained level on the team, so more than just Condo being a 12 wouldn't be bad.

Once we're in, we'll have to be careful about training. You can train during the middle of a task force. Anyone who's a 12 who levels to 13 should wait until everyone else has reached 12. Even without training, though, you still get the higher hit points and better damage.

I never heard back from Mon 'El or Flame Sidhe, but maybe they can make it next week. I know I can't do Saturday night, and my brother is coming by sometime during the weekend, but I don't know when yet. Hopefully, we can do Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

Hey, Vee, any chance you could get another computer and account this week so you can play Condo and Mysa? (Hmm, I wonder if the hubby would be willing to play Saturn Lady for us ...) smile

#537335 07/06/04 03:31 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm really looking forward to the Task Force and I'm glad we decided to wait until more of us were up to level 11 instead of doing it with others. You never really know what the other players are like as we discovered yesterday after you took off Seymour.

Porcupine Pete (Super Lad Kid), Garth (Scott), Tasmia (Caroline), Andrew Nolan (Scott & Caroline's friend, Thomas) & Mysa decided to head into Perez later in the day and ended up teamed up with a rather "forward" lvl 8 tanker that kept hitting on Mysa.

Our newest Legionniare, Porcupine Pete was very gallant and kept trying to protect her from his advances (Mysa sends Pete a VERY big smile and hug) but it got to be so annoying that we finally broke for dinner and logged off in order to get rid of him. Before logging off, Mysa had the last laugh, however.

As we were heading back to the gate out of Perez, this moron really got annoying and went so far as to say that Mysa now belonged to him. Being a rather headstrong girl, Mysa didn't take kindly to that and told him that she didn't belong to anyone. She then thanked everyone for a fun time and told Mr. Moron something like "Next time maybe I'll bring my other character, Cosmic Rokk. He's a level 11 (she fibbed) tanker that can probably sidekick you if you'd like (sweet smile)."

It was fun to watch him realize that Mysa might be a little more than he perceived. Andrew laughed his head off all the way back to Atlas Park! This did cause us to agree that we would not bring anyone into a team up in the future unless one of us could vouch for him or her. Most of the other players are nice but you do run into some real jerks that take all the fun out of it.

On another note, we all popped over to Protector later and Varalent inducted Super Lad Kid, Scott's Sun Boy, Caroline's Silver Chalice (Mordru's granddaughter), and Thomas' Dox 5.1 into the Legion of Super Protectors. I made everyone a Founder so that there are plenty of people to induct other members into the group.

Finally, it was really great having our newest recruits (SLK's Porcupine Pete and DB's Danny Blaine) join us this weekend. Can't wait to get some others on as well.

#537336 07/06/04 05:16 AM
Active
Active
It was a blast, Vee. Thanks for giving me the heads up about it. It's nice being able to team up with people that you already know about. I've found myself in some pretty lousy groups before, but was stuck in them in order to get a mission done.

I doubt I'll be able to get Porcupine Pete up to level 11 by this weekend. I left him at just a bar under lvl. 9 with a bit of debt to work off. But since I can only play on the weekends, I may have to sit out the task force mission. Thanks to all for helping level last night, though! If any of you decide to work on the Protector server, I'll gladly lend a hand there.

#537337 07/06/04 05:47 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
Hey, Vee, any chance you could get another computer and account this week so you can play Condo and Mysa? (Hmm, I wonder if the hubby would be willing to play Saturn Lady for us ...) smile
Hmmmmmmmm......but since they (Condo & Mysa) are both on the same account I don't think it would work anyway. laugh

Very tempting though since we've seen how useful Mysa can be on these missions. I wouldn't want to give up Condo's firepower, however if you guys think Mysa would be more valuable to have along, I'll make sure she's leveled to 12 and use her instead.

PS: Saturn Lady would be awesome to have along if your hubby would join us on the task force. Teleport cound be very useful on the task force, along with her other skills.

#537338 07/06/04 05:51 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Super Lad Kid:
It was a blast, Vee. Thanks for giving me the heads up about it. It's nice being able to team up with people that you already know about. I've found myself in some pretty lousy groups before, but was stuck in them in order to get a mission done.

I doubt I'll be able to get Porcupine Pete up to level 11 by this weekend. I left him at just a bar under lvl. 9 with a bit of debt to work off. But since I can only play on the weekends, I may have to sit out the task force mission. Thanks to all for helping level last night, though! If any of you decide to work on the Protector server, I'll gladly lend a hand there.
Let's see... if you spend all day Sat working on getting Pete up to lvl 11 and we schedule the task force for Sunday.... laugh

#537339 07/06/04 05:55 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Varalent:
[b]Hey, Vee, any chance you could get another computer and account this week so you can play Condo and Mysa? (Hmm, I wonder if the hubby would be willing to play Saturn Lady for us ...) smile
Hmmmmmmmm......but since they (Condo & Mysa) are both on the same account I don't think it would work anyway. laugh

Very tempting though since we've seen how useful Mysa can be on these missions. I wouldn't want to give up Condo's firepower, however if you guys think Mysa would be more valuable to have along, I'll make sure she's leveled to 12 and use her instead.

PS: Saturn Lady would be awesome to have along if your hubby would join us on the task force. Teleport cound be very useful on the task force, along with her other skills.[/b]
Or maybe I can create a seperate account and create another Condo & get him up to 12 this week and let someone else (maybe SLK) play him during the task force mission...or....

Okay maybe I'm obsessing about this too much! laugh

#537340 07/06/04 05:58 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
[b]
[b]Hey, Vee, any chance you could get another computer and account this week so you can play Condo and Mysa? (Hmm, I wonder if the hubby would be willing to play Saturn Lady for us ...) smile

PS: Saturn Lady would be awesome to have along if your hubby would join us on the task force. Teleport cound be very useful on the task force, along with her other skills.[/b]
Or maybe I can create a seperate account and create another Condo & get him up to 12 this week and let someone else (maybe SLK) play him during the task force mission...or....

Okay maybe I'm obsessing about this too much! laugh [/b]
...or maybe not enough!

#537341 07/06/04 06:57 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
We (Thomas, Caroline and I) stuck around for a bit last night and managed to get 5.1, Lasa and Dirk each up to level 5.

Dirk is a blast. I've never played a fire controller before and his main fireball seems to have quite a range to it already. Can't wait to be able to make him a sniper with it. As with Garth, I'm going to try to keep him as true to his character as possible so no teleport for either one. I love that power though.

Garth still needs a little work to get to 11 but hopefully I can do so by this weekend. If we try for the TF that would be the best time for me. It'll be the last weekend to play before the con. The following week and weekend will be spent getting work ready to run without me and the household set up for Caroline's parents.

#537342 07/06/04 07:58 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Scott be sure to post a pic of Sun Boy, Lasa & Dox 5.1 here. They all looked great!

PS: Speaking of pics...we still need to get a group pic done.

PPS: Are we still doing Legion night on Wednesday this week? I'm game and Scott could work on leveling Garth. laugh

#537343 07/06/04 08:47 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I think we can be available for Legion Wednesday. It'll give us a chance to try to get a new group pic. And I'll get a pic of us when we are on Protector again.

#537344 07/06/04 10:40 AM
Leader
Leader
I should be able to hop on for at least enough time to do a group pic Wednesday. I can probably hijack my hubby's computer for a few minutes so we can get Saturn Lady and Shadow Lad in it. But with all Vee's characters, we'll need a little of your Photoshop magic.

And Vee, if you can level a new character to 12 in one week, we're going to have to have an intervention and send you to Gamers Anonymous. smile

#537345 07/06/04 11:13 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Keep in mind that the only reason I'm spending so much time on the computer is that my good ol' doctor has ORDERED me to cut back on any unnecessary outside activities for the time being (my compromise with him in order to get permission to return to work laugh ). Since I can't go out and get into trouble with my volunteer stuff, I really have no choice but to play CoH or I'd go stir crazy.

(Now that I think of it, maybe I have gone stir crazy and this is all a fantasy world I'm living in wink )

In any case, it would be challenging but given the amount of time I have on my hands, certainly doable. Remember SLK got Porcupine Pete up to a level 6-7 in one day from scratch! Bet I could do it easily given a week before the task force.

#537346 07/06/04 08:22 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I was very tempted...but I created another member of my menagerie instead. I'll post a pic when I get a chance but we now have a scrapper named Kid Karate Val on Virtue (only one slot left there now ~ wonder who I can fill it with laugh ). Love watching Val kick butt (literally) The martial arts path appears to be really cool.

Andrew & Tasmia got to meet him earlier tonight and they inducted him into the Legionnaires of Virtue so be sure to say hi if you see him.

BTW, Andrew, Tas and Mysa then went hunting and Mysa reached level 12. She now has recall friend (teleport) which should bw helpful to Garth. From now on, every time he dies in the midst of battle, Mysa will be able to teleport him to safety and rez him. laugh

#537347 07/06/04 08:38 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I think it only appropriate for the Legionnaire who has died the most to live up to that in CoH. laugh

Honestly, being a blaster is great but it gets you the kind of fans you really don't want.

#537348 07/07/04 11:36 AM
Leader
Leader
Keep in mind that the only reason I'm spending so much time on the computer is that my good ol' doctor has ORDERED me to cut back on any unnecessary outside activities for the time being (my compromise with him in order to get permission to return to work laugh ). Since I can't go out and get into trouble with my volunteer stuff, I really have no choice but to play CoH or I'd go stir crazy.

(Now that I think of it, maybe I have gone stir crazy and this is all a fantasy world I'm living in wink )
Now that's my kind of doctor.

I figured it was something like that. I'd probably be going a bit nuts if I had those same restrictions -- work and straight home, but don't DO anything. smile I'm glad you found something we can all share. Heck, I'm glad we all found this so we can hang out.

But I will admit, in the back of my mind, I was thinking about the MMORPG-addiction story I wrote a few months ago for my parenting magazine. I'm glad it's nothing like that, and I'm sorry if I offended.

As for the task force, shall we say 1 p.m. EST on Sunday?

#537349 07/07/04 01:22 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
No offense perceived or taken Seymour. Expressions of concern can never be offensive, IMHO.

1PM Sunday works for me. BTW, how much time do task force missions usually take? I haven't the faintest idea if it's a couple of hours or deep into the early morning hours on Monday (kidding laugh )

Hope to see everyone on tonight. Just remember, if some unknown Legionnaire comes up to you (or sends you a tell) and says "Hi!", smile you're in Vee's company! laugh

#537350 07/07/04 01:42 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I've been told by more than one person that task forces have a set time of 6 hours to complete. I don't know if that is true or not, just what I've heard.

#537351 07/07/04 03:48 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
So what time tonight?

#537352 07/07/04 05:29 PM
Leader
Leader
It's 8:30 EST, and I'm hopping on now. smile

And expect the task force to take about 4 to 5 hours since none of us will be familiar with it.

#537353 07/07/04 06:56 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Current server status:

Freedom UP
Justice DOWN
Pinnacle UP
Virtue DOWN
Liberty UP
Guardian DOWN
Infinity UP
Protector DOWN
Victory UP
Champion DOWN
Triumph UP

The only working server I have a character on is Triumph. This is really starting to suck.

I blame Imra and Tas for breaking out that damn boombox and dancing in the middle of a mission.

#537354 07/07/04 07:07 PM
Leader
Leader
Drat! And we were doing so well, too. At least we completed the mission. A few more like that, and we would have had Saturn Lady ready to go for the TF.

#537355 07/07/04 07:21 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I hope it counts as completed. It wouldn't be the first mission I got screwed out of since all of these server problems began.

Page 12 of 70 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,025
Posts1,045,849
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Kid Beetle, Star Boy
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Lolita
Lolita
Right by Cobie's Side
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star