Roll Call
0 members (), 32 Murran Spies, and 93 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
What I found today at my LCS!
by thoth lad - 06/02/24 03:22 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 02:37 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 01:53 PM
Books you are looking for to help with your collection.
by Ann Hebistand - 06/01/24 06:00 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 06/01/24 04:37 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:32 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:28 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:25 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 70 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 69 70
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire
#537406 07/25/04 01:17 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
CoH update (cause I know you all missed it so!)

~~~~~~~~
Protector server ~ Legion of Super Protectors:

Well, you have no one but yourselves to blame! laugh

Since all of you abandoned me this week, except for SLK (he & I did have lots of fun when he was able to be on CoH)& Thomas [Andrew Nolan] early on, I got bored and had too much time on my hands. So, on Protector I decided I didn't like Storm Kid (and he's really a bit of a stretch as a Legionnaire) so "bu-bye" to him.

I also "had" to redo Marvel Lad (Lar) on Protector. Tweaked his uniform a little bit in anticipation of an eventual cape for him and decided since I really DON'T care for tankers, I'll leave Night Lass as the only one on that server.

Taking Storm Kid's slot in Vee's Legion ( laugh ) is none other than...

\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\

Dag Wentim of Zwen, better known as Stone Kid! laugh

He's an Earth Controller with Healing and he's been a great deal of fun (already at lvl 5). Turns out that he can hold his own against mobs, too...even mobs slightly higher in level. I'll post a pic as soon as I take one.

The next time one of you is on Protector, I'll have to get you to invite the new Marvel Lad Lar and Stone Kid to the Legion of Super Protectors.

As for the others: E-Lad hasn't had any exercize recently so he's still at level 5, Pol's at lvl 6, FireLad is at 4. Emeral Emprix is still at 3 & my remaining tanker, Night Lass is at 2 waiting for someone to team-up with. The re-booted Marvel Lad Lar is at 2 but should be much higher shortly.

~~~~~~

Virtue server ~ Legionnaires of Virtue

Condo has accumulated (and paid off... and accumulated again!) a great deal of debt but is getting really close to reaching level 15. Guess he'll have to go on hiatus when he does so we can use him on our next attempt at a Task Force mission. I'll confess that I goofed in my last power selection for him. I chose "Heal Self" and wish I could take it back. Can't ever seem to use it when I most need it, and another attack power would probably have been a better choice for him. Maybe I'll be able to redo this choice, if what I'm reading on upcoming updates is true.

Mysa should be at level 13 shortly so she will likely be the first of my Legionnaires to actually wear a cape (Condo won't get one ~ doesn't seem appropriate for him) I think capes will become available at 15 (if I remember correctly)

Congrats to Porcupine Pete! SLK got him up to level 12 yesterday! He really is a great deal of fun to watch and team with.

My other Legionnaires on Virtue are progressing nicely as well. Cosmic Rokk & Rond are still at 10 but I-Kid Lyle & Fun-Loving Quiz are both up to level 9 and Kid Karate Val is up to lvl 6. Poor Brin LoneWolf continues to be ignored and is only up to lvl 4.

Although I haven't changed anything on Virtue, I'm very tempted to boot my tanker, Brin LoneWolf (again while I love how he looks, I just don't enjoy playing this archetype) and I'm even considering redoing Cosmic Rokk (also a tanker) even though he's up to lvl 10. I'll probably hold off until I find out more about what's coming in the near future regarding redoing powers.

I really like Pol's power set over on Protector (Force Field defender with Energy blasts as a secondary set ~ really has the right "look" for magnetic powers) so that's how I would redo Rokk, if I decide to do so.

Haven't done either yet, but if you guys don't hurry back there may be more wholesale changes for y'all to adjust to on Virtue as well as Protector. I have some great ideas for some other Legionnaires if more slots open up laugh

Finally, I do think I'll boot Empress and save her for a future rebirth in City of Villains. She just doesn't seem to belong in the Legion, after all.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#537407 07/25/04 02:52 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Updated Update (I TOLD you guys you were leaving me with too much time on my hands! laugh )

Empress is history (although she will reappear In CoV...I had to PROMISE her that, so she wouldn't come after me with the Eye! laugh )

Sad to say so is Brin frown (Yes I do feel bad for ignoring him. Maybe the new creative team will beef up his powers somehow and give me something else to work with that I might enjoy more. Gonna miss the lug.)

So, who shall replace the two of them? I'm going to try to wait for suggestions from all of you regarding whom you'd like to see me take a crack at in creating to join my merry band. (But don't wait TOO long!)

Lots of possibilities remain...one slot open on each server...hmmmmmm?

laugh

#537408 07/26/04 01:47 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
As promised, here's the first ever pic of the latest addition to Vee's Legion...Stone Kid!

[Linked Image]

#537409 07/26/04 01:51 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And here's some interesting info about the upcoming expansion to CoH...City of Villains!

[Linked Image]

#537410 07/28/04 11:02 PM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by Varalent:
For those of you that haven't checked out the updates page, it was just announced that capes will finally be available for your heroes. There is a catch though, you're going to have to earn them.

Apparently they'll become available for you to add to the uniform once your hero reaches level 20.

I've also seen mention of the possiblity to redo you power selections somehow but I don't no the details. Kind of sounds as if it will be as a reward for completing a particular mission.
Halloo and greetings from Oregon! We're actually in a hotel that has Internet access (though I must admit a certain pleasure in being stuck without it for a while). It's been a long day on the road, but I had to check in with my favorite thread.

Mike's looking over my shoulder and has more info on the power tweaking. He says once the trial zones (missions) become active, the Terra Volta zone (in Indepence Port) will allow you to "respec" your character's powers upon successful completion. That's what he's heard at least. For those of you unfamiliar with Terra Volta (like me), Mike says you can't get into it until 23 and survive (in a large group) until 27. Eep!

And here's the final word he got on our attempt at a task force:

Hello Mike,

Yes, the task forces were changed a little over a month ago to always generate villains of the highest possible level for that specific task force. This was done intentionally by the development. However, at the time they decided not to adjust the level ranges for those task forces that were in place before that change was made. You are correct that it would be very difficult for a group of characters at level 11 or 12 to be able to complete the task force. However, it should not be as difficult for a level 10 character to team with some level 12s, level 14s. and level 15s for example, especially since they adjusted the difficulty of purple level villains a few weeks back. By restricting the level range from 13-15 as you suggested they would be limiting the group arrangements that could possibly take on the task force, and this is not something they wanted to do.

I will pass on your concerns to the Cryptic team, as they may decide to change the level ranges at some point in the future.

Eric again: So there you have it. We need some 15s to SK the other guys to be able to survive this mission.

I don't know if I'll have time to get on again before I get home this weekend, so I'll probably catch you in Paragon City next week!

#537411 07/29/04 06:35 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
[Linked Image]

#537412 08/02/04 07:03 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
So after our little mini-Legion gathering last night and talking about JSA and Infinity, Inc. I went and created a new character on a server I've not used before, Pinnacle. This is Mister Terrific, a Natural Tanker. I think he came out pretty good. Now if we can just get a few more JSA related character on the same server. wink

[Linked Image]

#537413 08/02/04 11:31 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
He did come out "Terrific" laugh .

I'll see about joining you over there (WARNING!!! There are almost as many members of the JSA as the LSH laugh Don't say I didn't warn you!)

BTW, I think Pinnacle server is the one that Danny B usually plays on. We'll need to make sure to let him know when we're over there.

#537414 08/02/04 04:51 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Well here's my (1st laugh ) contribution to our JSA group.
[Linked Image]

I think that other than a slight difference in the helmet, once he earns his cape he should look pretty good. What do you think, Scott?

#537415 08/02/04 05:10 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Looks great Vee! What do you think about my Sand? I'm still working on him since I can't figure out which way to go with his powers.

[Linked Image]

#537416 08/02/04 06:02 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Wow! He's coming out great. I guess he really SHOULD be an Earth Controller, the problem is that I can't think of anything that makes sense for his secondary power set

#537417 08/02/04 09:26 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I think he worked out okay as a Tanker. And I'll focus on his Earth powers for his armor as he goes up in level.

But I do think that I like Mister Terrific more. He seems more in character and easier to control. I'll probably switch back and forth to keep them close in level.

Thanks for the game again tonight Vee. I'm finally coming out of my CoH funk where I didn't want to play anymore.

#537418 08/02/04 09:28 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Oh, and I could have gone the Martial Artist route with Sandy. That's how he originally started, before being turned into a silcon beast. And didn't they kill him off recently?

#537419 08/03/04 07:38 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Here's my contribution to Infinity, Inc. (also on Pinnacle). I couldn't get the face quite right but I wound up using Face 10 with a full mask and the skull superimposed on it. This let me give it a black base which helped because it made his hands black like he was wearing gloves. With the suit option you don't get to pick gloves so in this way I was able to keep Mr. Bones' signature black gloves.

He's a Mutation Defender with Rad/Rad powers. It actually works kinda well. Radiation Infection makes them vulnerable to his Neutrino Blast and X-Ray Beam. This was the best way I could come up with to mimic his cyanide touch. Decided to go that route rather than his super-strength. I think his next power will be Accelerate Metabolism. This will give him the ability to heal as well as boosting run, attack speed and recover of allies while making them resistant to most effects like sleep and disorient.

[Linked Image]

#537420 08/03/04 11:29 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Think I'll do Obsidion for Infinity Inc with full Dark/Dark powers. I'll give it a try when I get home.

#537421 08/03/04 11:29 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
But I'll have to look up a picture, not sure I could do him from memory like I've done the rest.

#537422 08/03/04 11:34 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Does this help Vee?

[Linked Image]

#537423 08/03/04 11:35 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Or maybe this one?

[Linked Image]

#537424 08/03/04 11:50 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Thanks, Scott! Ugh, kind of a boring costume. frown Well, we'll see how it turns out (or else just might turn into the original Star Spangled Kid laugh )

#537425 08/03/04 11:55 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
lol

Caroline created the Crimson Avenger this morning. The latest one, the girl with a blindfold who doesn't remember who she is. Caroline has just about filled up all the slots on Pinnacle now with new characters.

#537426 08/03/04 12:09 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
That's why we have so much fun on CoH, so many slots to fill, it never getts boring! laugh

#537427 08/03/04 12:18 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I know. I wish we didn't have to earn capes. I'd love to do a McFarlane version of Mr. Bones, before he became a government drone.

[Linked Image]

#537428 08/03/04 12:22 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Yeah, I'm peeved about the capes also but at least they will be available...even if you do have to wait to lvl 20 to get them. Hope they have a variety and not just one style

#537429 08/03/04 12:28 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
From what I've seen its one style that you have control over the colors and designs on. I hope I'm wrong though.

And thinking more on the Infinity, Inc. I may have to do a second like I did with the JSA. Either Nuklon (who might be to hard to create, power-wise) or the Silver Scarab.

The Scarab will be interesting considering you already have Dr. Fate in the JSA. Assuming your Fate is Hector.

#537430 08/03/04 12:46 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Actually, I envisioned him as the original (Kent Nelson) one that I grew up with, but your guess is as good as mine about who it is under that mask laugh . Haven't followed JSA at all since the early 80s until I added it to my pull list about 3 months ago. Not really all that familiar with all the new versions of the old characters.

For example, I've figured out that Sandman died somehow and Sandy became Sand after being healed. I think I figured out that the original Star Spangled Kid died somewhere along the line & the new one is somehow a combination of him & Starman.

I think Obsidion & Jade are brother & sister and the kids of GL and Rose from Rose & Thorn. eek

So many unanswered questions & confusion about the JSA... laugh

Page 15 of 70 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,025
Posts1,045,853
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Kid Beetle, Star Boy
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Stargazer
Stargazer
Conroe Texas
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star