Roll Call
0 members (), 61 Murran Spies, and 141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
What I found today at my LCS!
by thoth lad - 06/02/24 03:22 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 02:37 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 01:53 PM
Books you are looking for to help with your collection.
by Ann Hebistand - 06/01/24 06:00 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 06/01/24 04:37 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:32 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:28 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:25 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 70 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 69 70
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire
#537506 08/13/04 03:51 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
But are they as bad as the Vaz?

#537507 08/13/04 09:53 PM
Leader
Leader
Only when you try to wake them up before the first hit of the snooze button.

I levelled Shadow Lad tonight! I levelled Princess P to 5, then teamed SL up with a group that had an illusion controller with group ivisibility, and we kicked butt farming Boomtown. (Something else else to look forward to for Prism, Lyle.) So now I'm up to 15. We should have a grand old time on Sunday.

#537508 08/14/04 01:14 AM
Honorary
Honorary
Alright let's try this again, shall we...?

First, all my Infinity characters.....

Kara Zor-El, Lord Anarch,Fyre-Storm, UltraStar, T'Pol of Borg, Son of Jor-El, and General Zod.
[Linked Image]

And now my new Titans and JSA characters on Truimph and Pinnacle.....

Kidd-Flash, Starr-Fyre, Captain Shazzam, and Hawkman.
[Linked Image]

Did it work???

*EDIT*

Ooops....

Sorry, gotta work on scaling these things.
:]

But since I know how to do this now....
Next post ...
All my Legionairres!!

Go conquer the universe for me...for the god whose image you have carved your own homeworld as a monument.Go... for your master...
For Darkseid!
#537509 08/14/04 04:01 AM
Honorary
Honorary
Okay I shrunk this one a bit so......

Every Legionairre I have in the City of Heroes (so far):

(don'cha just love Photoshop...?)

[Linked Image]

Technically, since me and my girlfriend broke up last week I could include her character, Kara Zor-El since I'm now using her, but she was in the other shot.

Above roll-call as follows...
Mon-El of Daxam(Justice), Brainiac-5(Virtue), Comet Queen(Protector), Smallville(Protector), Wildfire-X(Infinity), Dev-Em(Virtue), and Laurel Kent(Virtue).
Laurel, by the way, just earned herself 5000 bucks 30 seconds after I logged on for the screenshot earlier tonight. Some guy said it was because I was sexy! Didn't have the heart to tell him....besides, 5000 infl. buys a lot of enhancements for a lvl 2---Maxed out!

See you guys in Paragon City....

and
Long Live the Legion!

Go conquer the universe for me...for the god whose image you have carved your own homeworld as a monument.Go... for your master...
For Darkseid!
#537510 08/14/04 05:17 AM
Leader
Leader
They all look great!

Nice job on Hawkman. Did you add the mace, or is that one of the weapons that appears for a power?

And I wouldn't pass up 5000 bucks either. That was sweet.

Sorry to hear about your girlfriend, though. I hope you're doing OK.

And on a totally unrelated note, has Vee checked in lately? I hope he made it through Charley OK.

#537511 08/15/04 08:34 AM
Active
Active
Well, I'm finally back on, and in the comfort of my own apartment. No more having to pretend to visit my buddy just so I could play City of Heroes on his computer. smile

BUT, my computer keeps restarting on me while I'm playing the game. I'm not really sure whats going on there. I might not have enough memory.

Anyway, I'll try to play in the Task Force mission. If it continues to be too bad of a problem, I might just give up. We'll see what happens.

#537512 08/15/04 09:11 AM
Active
Active
Haven't seen Vee and have been worried about him. Have logged in and out of several servers checking for him. Has anyone else heard from Vee yet???? Is the Task Force still on???? Wondering if Vee even has power on since the hurricane....

#537513 08/15/04 01:32 PM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
Hey guys, all the heroes look great.

Not a regular thread poster here, but just wanted to let Caroline and everyone on City of Heroes know that there are still many blocks and neighborhoods here and there in Vee and I's town that have been without power since Friday night.

Things should be restored throughout the week and loss of power will hopefully be the only reason for Vee's absence.

#537514 08/16/04 04:19 AM
Leader
Leader
Yeah, I'm definitely hoping it's just a power issue. It seems most likely.

No TF yesterday since Vee and a couple others couldn't make it, but we did have a blast farming and then switching over to Infinity, only to end a long, long day (9 hours for me, YIKES!) continually dying on that stupid Patchwork mission. That one's always a bear.

Shall we shoot for the TF this Saturday? Would a different time be better?

#537515 08/16/04 06:39 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Saturday won't work for us. Its our live DnD game day. Sundays are generally the only weekend day that will work.

Sorry about not TF yesterday but I did say to the group that was playing Saturday night that unless we heard from Vee I wasn't comfortable playing. He's the organizer of it. Besides, there is no way Garth is going into a TF without Mysa. laugh

#537516 08/16/04 06:40 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hi everyone! Just wanted to let everyone know I'm okay though still without power at home. They're saying it may take until Saturday before it is restored though I'm hoping it will be on much sooner than that!

I kept hoping and praying that it would come back in time for the TF because I was really looking forward to that. It would have been a much needed escape from all the hurricane related issues I've been dealing with.

Sorry you weren't able to do the TF on Sunday but hopefully I'll be able to join you for the next attempt if we're able to this weekend.

Since I only have access from work I won't be on CoH at all until power is restored at home but I'll keep you all posted from the office.

Thanks for worrying about me!

Vee

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#537517 08/16/04 08:51 AM
Leader
Leader
Yay! Vee's OK!

It wouldn't have felt right to do it without you even if the others had made it since you've been so patiently holding your characters at 15.

As far as rescheduling, let's shoot for the 29th. Sunday is normally a better day for me too, but this Sunday is different. Gotta have our blaster and scrapper, though, so it looks like 29th is our best bet. And that way we'll be sure Vee's power is back. He'll probably be busy restocking the fridge on Saturday if power really is out that long.

Maybe we can get everyone up to 15 by then. Speaking of that, I learned an interesting thing about TFs on Saturday. Once we reach 15, we can't train any higher while doing the TF or we'll get kicked off. So that means no tentacles from me. frown

#537518 08/16/04 09:00 AM
Active
Active
Glad to hear you're okay, Vee. Hope your power comes up soon. My BF's good friend lives in Ft. Meyers and I've been nagging him to call, but he keeps forgetting until it's a bad time. Do you know how badly Ft Meyers was hit?

Sunday was a fun nine hours. We got quite a few characters built up. I hope you weren't too bored, Seymoure, going after stuff under your level. We had lots of fun on Infinity, afterwards.

I'm not sure if anyone else heard but Seymoure had a great suggestion for the Infinity group -- when we get a second costume at lvl 20 we could create Cockrum costumes. Unfortunately, playing Brainy I don't have as much to look forward to there. Still a great idea, tho.

(BTW, there's a trainer named Numia who you'll find a pic of in the manual. I bugged one of the developers while in San Diego about her costume and it turned out that, unforuntaely, the cool little leg-wrap thing she sports is exclusive to the character -- all the trainers have something unique to them so that no one can be imposters. Too bad, cause the leg thing is pretty much perfect for a Levitz-era White Witch.)

Argh, it's so tough trying to build all the characters I like. I just re-created my Fire Tank as yet-another bare chested hottie character and redid Retro Girl as Yesterday Girl. I'm gonna post a revised roster soon.

#537519 08/16/04 09:09 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I've tried to do the Cockrum Garth outfit and just can't get it right. Although I love the idea of doing that change at 20. Maybe with that I'll go from the Adv. #247 look to the one with the cape and give him his robotic arm. Then work on the other costumes as they are earned. Should be able to cover all of Garth's looks with the slots available.

#537520 08/16/04 09:10 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
BTW, if the 29th is okay with everyone else for the next TF try then I'm all for it. Gives me enough time, even with taking this week off from playing CoH, to get Garth to at least 14.

#537521 08/16/04 09:19 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
If I don't have power by the 29th I will have expired for sure. August is NOT a fun time to be in FL without AC. The worst part about it (besides the AC) is that you really can't do anything once it gets dark. Can't read, can't write, can't listen to music, I'm missing the Olympics, and I can't play CoH or visit LW!

I'm embarrased to admit that I was very bummed when 1 PM rolled around yesterday and it was time for the TF and I STILL had no power! Everything had been bearable until then but I couldn't stand the thought of missing out on the TF! It's what I had been looking forward to so much. (Isn't that silly?)

I'm sorry you guys didn't get to play but I can certainly understand Garth's reluctance at not having Mysa around laugh

Sounds like you all had a great time anyway and by the 29th we should all be as powerful as possible to take on the baddies.

#537522 08/16/04 09:29 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Lyle: Fort Myers is just about next door to Port Charlotte where Charley came ashore. Although I have less info than all of you, I'd guess they got hit pretty hard there.

#537523 08/16/04 09:32 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Love the idea of the Cockrum era outfits but Cos will be difficult to do. They do not give you a color comparable to caucasian skin color for the pants. I tried a version of the Cockrum outfit early on and Cos looked jaundiced. (I think the pic is still available on one of the early pages on this thread.)

Edited to post the Cockrum version pic:

[Linked Image]

#537524 08/16/04 10:03 AM
Leader
Leader
Saturn Girl's pink bikini might be difficult to do, and I forgot the whole reason I did Adventure-era Gim in the first place was because I couldn't do the other.

So maybe level 20 we can freestyle -- if we were designing the characters, how would we do it? That could be fun! Though once Princess P gets her pink cape, I don't know if I'll ever want to switch. smile

It's so unfair that women get all these skin-revealing costume choices, but guys are so much more limited. Yeah, we get the bare chest and some variations, but women get a wider variety -- plus bare legs. I wanna create a guy in the string bikini! wink Heck, even a kilt would be cool.

Lyle, I wasn't bored. We hit enough with high XP that I even got a bubble or two. Sorry we didn't get Prism levelled. As much as we wound up playing, we could have. I had a lot of fun on Infinity too. Jeckie is about to surpass my other illusion controller, so it'll be fun to see what powers come up.

#537525 08/16/04 10:39 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
SLK: Be sure to check out the Community Message Boards on the CoH website. They have extensive technical FAQs and lots of people there to help with connectivity problems.

#537526 08/16/04 11:00 AM
Active
Active
Thanks for the info, Vee. My boyfriend's flying out tonight for a work trip (sniff) so I'll send him a nagging voice mail to try to call her while he's waiting for takeoff.

Prism's close to 12, so I think I can get him there by the weekend. Maybe I could even get him to 13. Any votes for the next power? I think flight becomes available, but would Accelerate Metabolism be more useful to the TF? Maybe Group Invis will be available by then, how useful is that to a group Seymour?

Flash, BTW, is a cool power for illusionists, but it needs some enhancements. I don't use it often because it has a long recharge, so I guess I tend to "hoard" it, not wanting to have a moment when i really wish I could use it. I'll really like it when I get stronger recharge enhancements on it. Maybe I'll even stack.

#537527 08/16/04 11:05 AM
Active
Active
Oh, yeah, the lack of male skin in the game does bug, kinda like that Adam Warren-written/Ed Benes-drawn Gen13 issue where Burnout rushes into action without his fire-retardant costume and burns off his shorts -- which we know because of the girls in string bikinis talk about Bobby having no clothes.

I mean, really, seems silly that you can't create a Robin or Namor character when you can create a Witchblade.

#537528 08/16/04 11:23 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Lyle: I'm pretty sure flight isn't available until you hit lvl 14. Not sure what Accelerate Metabolism does (increase allies damage maybe?) If so that could be very useful. Not sure that group invisibility is all that useful since you are "discovered" as soon as you attack when invisible (although it should boost everyone's defense slightly, which is always nice.)

#537529 08/16/04 11:35 AM
Leader
Leader
Fly unlocks at 14, and I think Accelerate Metabolism is then too.

Lyle, what enhancements do you recommend on Flash, besides recharge reduction?

I don't know what enhancements the guy had, but group invisibility was great. Yes, we were "discovered," but I noticed a significant boost to defense while we remained invisible. There were five of us going after mobs of eight or nine a level or two above us, and I barely had to use my heal. And with the BF gone, maybe Lyle could even get Prism up to 14 by the 29th. smile

#537530 08/16/04 12:16 PM
Active
Active
Well, if we're looking at the 29th, then we should be able to get Prism to 14th.

I've got Flash enhanced with Enhence Hold and Recharge Red, so far, but I'll probably add Accuracy, since I tend to miss a bunch in a mob when I use it.

Maybe I've got the name wrong but I was thinking of a Rad power that gives the whole team a healthy green glow and boosts their stats. I've been putting off taking it for a while, trying to justify why a light controller would have the power.

If group invis becomes available that becomes tempting for the TF. If not I think I'll go with Accelerate Metabolism.

Page 19 of 70 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,025
Posts1,045,853
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Kid Beetle, Star Boy
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Stargazer
Stargazer
Conroe Texas
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star