Roll Call
0 members (), 119 Murran Spies, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 06/02/24 08:45 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Gaseous Lad - 06/02/24 07:32 AM
Books you are looking for to help with your collection.
by Ann Hebistand - 06/01/24 06:00 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 06/01/24 04:37 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:32 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:28 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:25 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:23 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 70 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 69 70
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire
#537556 08/18/04 09:23 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hmmm... Never heard that before but it certainly does makes sense on both counts.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#537557 08/18/04 11:38 AM
Active
Active
I usually do quit a team before quitting the game, tho if I'm with an awful team I'll find a quiet corner and logout without quitting. It's mostly about just trying to get away from people I don't feel I owe a goodbye to -- usually players who have no idea how to team up. I was on a team like this last night, everyone ran all over the place, aggroing too many mobs when the miss belonged to the the highest-level member of the team. I quit while one of the never-look-behind scrappers was having a catfight with the dark healer after most of the team had died.

It was great to see you last night Vee, I'm glad you're back with power.

#537558 08/18/04 12:52 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Just to make it official. Looks like CoH Legion Night will be on Infinity server tonight. Try to get on as near to 9 PM as you can. I'm Cos, so if you're not already in the Legion of Super Friends, send me a tell when you get on and I'll invite you.

Hope everyone can make it! I, for one am really looking forward to it after the week I had! laugh

#537559 08/18/04 01:09 PM
Active
Active
Some highlights from the CoH forums:

What do you plan on doing past level 50?
Nothing for quite some time. We’re going to focus now on putting content into the lower and middle level, and then put some goals and tasks for the level 50’s to do when they get there.

Can you think of any examples of a level 50 goal?
Well, one thing that we’re working on right now, I don’t know when we’ll get it in, but there will be prestige archetypes that are only available to you after a character has reached level 50.

What other changes are you looking into for the archetypes?
Well, I’m not certain it’s an archetype change exactly, but there WILL be an archer power set. Most likely a blaster primary, and defender secondary, and not a power pool, but it’s still in the works.

Speaking of blasters, what are your thoughts on the problems with blasters being so obviously powerful at high levels?
The problem is that for everyone, but blasters especially, it’s just too flippin’ easy after level 25. We’re definitely changing minion HP to be higher, and raising the XP to an appropriate level, the only question is how high. And believe me, we’re doing a LOT of testing on this one.

Moving on to specific powers, there’s been quite a bit of discussion about how a few powers have come to seem necessary, such as hasten and stamina, in order to not have a week or unplayable character. What are your thoughts?
Well, I really don’t see that those powers are necessary. There are players out there who don’t have them, and they play just fine. They took the power slots that would have gone into getting hasten and stamina, and got other useful powers instead. Also, endurance, while it is a problem for everyone to keep in mind, is something that CAN be easily overcome by proper use of slotting endurance reducers.

One of the big new powers discussed that people seem to want to see is shape shift. Any chance of that happening?
Absolutely, no question. We don’t know when for sure, but we’re very excited about it, and are working on coding it right now actually.

What about final powers that seem underpowered? For example, Rise of the Phoenix appears to be a dangerous and very situational power, and it’s the final power in its final power set.
Some powers are admittedly not as powerful as they look like they should be, but they’re not bad. Being the last power in a set doesn’t necessarily make it the best, it just makes it so that you can’t get it until a later date, to give you something to look forward to. Just keep in mind that the last power in a set doesn’t mean it’s the best in all situations.

Speaking of things that you can’t get until a certain level, why exactly did you decide we can’t get capes until 20?
Honestly, because we just like the idea of acquiring things at different levels. One of the reasons for “acquired” objects, items, and powers is to give the game a feel of growth, expansion, and accomplishment. Call it a carrot, call it a noble goal, call it what you will, but without character advancement, there is no reason to keep playing game.

Like badges?
Exactly. But the badges are more than just show off to. We decided to give you a reason to WANT to earn the badges. One badge might give you a higher maximum endurance, one badge might increase your maximum HP, we don’t know what all we can do with them, but they’re going to be more than just for show.

What can we expect to see change in the character creation screen in the future?
We’re going to be adding a LOT of cool new stuff. We’re working on other body types right now. We will eventually add shields, don’t know when. We’ll eventually be adding flowing hair, trench coats, and other things also. We will be offering wings, but only to certain (likely new) archetypes, only because of animations. When you add something like wings, if it were a universally available option, we would have to custom tailor ever single possible power animation to fit the wings. If we leave it to only one archetype, it drastically reduces the amount of work required.

What about changes once you’ve already got your character created? Other than the cape…
We’re working on changing the color and animation for powers at will, we know about the problems with noises and awkward glow or smoke, or other constant animations on toggles and such, and we’re working on a way to make them optional. We will eventually have customizable weapons available, I wanted to try and get it into the 3rd update, but it didn’t make it. So you’ll see a lot of new stuff, but no idea when.

And now just some general thoughts from Statesman on:

EVENTS AND PLACES IN PARAGON CITY

We will be adding clubs and other places just to hang out. MUCH sooner than you expect. Keep an eye out for easter eggs. We actually made an announcement on the boards, but nobody seemed to have caught it, so I’ll repeat it here, we are RAISING the mission XP for door missions and hunting missions. Also, in regards to missions, we’re going to be implementing a difficulty selector at some point in time to make the missions range from “I only have 15 minutes before work, but wanna do some quick arresting” to “oh my goodness, this is gonna hurt”. The information kiosks will be working eventually; the only problem right now is that they provide a terrible drag on the servers whenever we have them activated. We’re working on the coding of that, and will get them running eventually. There will be other areas added for the heroes to go to. Definitely some out of Paragon City itself, just give us some time to get them coded. Also, I guarantee you we’ll eventually get at least one water area, as Namor is one of my favorite heroes. So expect water for sure. We are going to have some grand server wide events, like we did during beta, we don’t know when, but they WILL happen. And speaking of servers, we plan to allow characters to switch servers eventually. Not necessarily hopping back and forth willy-nilly, but definitely transferring. We haven’t decided how to do it for sure yet.

CITY OF VILLAINS

There is a really good chance that the City of Villains archetypes will be the same as in City of Heroes, but as I said, we’re adding to both of them through new pools, archetypes, and my favorite, the epic archetype. City of Villains will act as a sequel with backwards compatibility. It can be owned and played completely independent of ownership of City of Heroes, just as City of Heroes can be played to its full without owning City of Villains. It’s just that you have to own whichever one you want to play as the characters of. Also, adding City of Villains to a current City of Heroes account will not increase the monthly fee, at least, that’s our plan, and that’s what we want to see happen. We do plan to allow for tainted heroes to occur, or in other words to have your hero go over to City of Villains and be a bad guy. But again, no switching back and forth all willy-nilly. And finally, there will be a public beta for City of Villains.

RANDOM THOUGHTS ABOUT RANDOM THINGS

We’re likely going to put in a system to allow you to see some basic numbers on damage, endurance usage, etcetera for all the powers, and to show how much different enhancements change it, but I don’t like that. When you play a fighting game, or FPS, you don’t look at numbers, you just look at this bar, and think “Oh, it’s high, or it’s low” and not exactly how much damage everything does.

Go ahead and send me PMs on the message boards, but don’t make it any longer than about 4 sentences. While I respect you for putting a lot of work and effort into it, when I open a PM and I see it’s a 3 page essay on why brawl should deal more damage, or something like that, I just sigh in pain and move on.

I am honestly completely shocked about how much energy and worry people put into XP. I realize that it’s what’s used to measure when you level, but at least it’s not negative XP. Losing levels is not fun, and I honestly don’t think you need to worry so much about debt.

Finally, and most excitingly, we have a GREAT new out of combat system. It’s unlike anything you’ve ever seen before. We came up with it, it’ll be out soon, not telling when, and it will even involve some offline things that can be done. But I won’t tell you what it is yet.

#537560 08/18/04 01:38 PM
Active
Active
Some other thoughts....

Wouldn't it be cool if you could do short-term server transfers? We could plan our own versions of "Crisis on Infinity Server"

Also, I wish they'd do something odd with supergroups. Perhaps there'd be supergroup tasks or events, where your signal goes off, alerting you to an emergency or someone invades your HQ. I'd like to see foes you mostly see as SGs.

#537561 08/18/04 01:54 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I think I might send him an email (4 lines or less laugh ) asking them to consider an option that allows another player to play one of your heroes TEMPORARILY for Task Force Missions in particular. That way someone in a SG with only low level heroes can participate with the group by "borrowing" someone else's hero for the time.

Just think when we attempted the first TF, we could have used both Condo & Mysa. And Shadow Lad & Saturn Lady, if Mike hadn't been able to join us. I would have let SLK play either of mine and he could have joined us.

#537562 08/18/04 01:56 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by LyleLyle:
Some other thoughts....

Wouldn't it be cool if you could do short-term server transfers? We could plan our own versions of "Crisis on Infinity Server"
That would be cool, and could somewhat resolve my point above. SLK could have "transfered" his 12th lvl hero from Protector to Virtue and joined us.

#537563 08/18/04 02:41 PM
Deputy
Deputy
It certainly seems to me like the bad guys
have had a boost recently ... and if the game
is too flipping easy after level 25 I definitely
gotta find a way to get Blue Battler there
because I was getting my <bleep> kicked in IP
last night, and I'm level 24.

And I would love to talk to someone who has a
high level character-- like 30 or above-- who
doesn't have stamina.

I think having a headquarters would be neat,
but I'd still like to be able to see vehicles
as a transport option...

#537564 08/18/04 02:53 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Oh, another thing...

Vee, Scott... when are we going to do another
Slayerette run? Xander's getting all twitchy...
;-)

#537565 08/18/04 03:22 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Not sure about Spike. And I doubt I'll make the Adventure Legion game tonight. I promised myself I wouldn't play this week and I'm working late again anyway. Plus if I were to play any this week (not just tonight) I need to focus on Garth so he can at least be at 14 for the TF.

#537566 08/18/04 03:30 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Oh, it wouldn't be tonight... just soon.

I'm kinda Andrewed out at the moment ... I so wish you din't have to wait until 20 to get
stamina ...its so damn frustrating to be kicking
butt and run out of juice.

I'm going to stock Andy up with catch a breaths
for the task force...

#537567 08/18/04 03:31 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hi guys!

I'd like to move this thread to Bits. Unless anyone objects.

#537568 08/18/04 04:13 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Well I think I kinda object. I don't really think this fits in Bits. But that's just my opinion.

#537569 08/18/04 04:52 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Well I think I kinda object. I don't really think this fits in Bits. But that's just my opinion.
MMB or Anywhere Machine? There are a number of featured topics here and this one seems the least "Legion."

#537570 08/18/04 05:25 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'd be okay with the Anywhere Machine if the others are.

#537571 08/18/04 05:54 PM
Leader
Leader
Anywhere Machine is fine. Is there any way you could change the thread title to: City of Heroes: Your Chance .to Be a Legionnaire as Vee suggested earlier?

#537572 08/18/04 05:57 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
Is there any way you could change the thread title to: City of Heroes: Your Chance .to Be a Legionnaire as Vee suggested earlier?
Done.

#537573 08/18/04 08:37 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Anywhere machine is fine with me. I'll try to PM the regulars once it's moved to let them know where it is.

#537574 08/18/04 09:55 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'll move it now.

#537575 08/19/04 07:11 AM
Active
Active
Last night was pretty fun. With the right enhancements, Brek can be pretty devastating. I guess you just have to slot the endurance reduction to yourpowers as soon as possible. I still can't understnd why I didn't win the costume contest, though. smile

I have a question about the task force missions. Do they have to be done in one sitting? Can they be done over a period of time, say an hour a night over the course of a week? If that's the case, what's to stop us from starting a TF mission and slowly working on it when we are able?

#537576 08/19/04 08:28 AM
Active
Active
Hey.. this sounds like a lot of fun, and i've been looking for a good group to play with.. Are you guys mostly on Virtue server?

"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"
#537577 08/19/04 09:19 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Super Lad Kid:
I have a question about the task force missions. Do they have to be done in one sitting? Can they be done over a period of time, say an hour a night over the course of a week? If that's the case, what's to stop us from starting a TF mission and slowly working on it when we are able?
My understanding is they are a set time (and Vee or Blue can correct any of this as they are more experienced) and have to be done in one sitting. If you quit it before its finished you'll have to start all over.

#537578 08/19/04 09:22 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by DMFirebow:
Hey.. this sounds like a lot of fun, and i've been looking for a good group to play with.. Are you guys mostly on Virtue server?
We have two main Legion groups. One on Virtue and the other on Infinity. The Infinity group is done in the Adventure era style while the Virtue group is more a mix.

Plus most of us have other characters in different, non-Legion groups on other servers. We just started a Buffy group on Triumph.

#537579 08/19/04 09:45 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hey DMFirebow! This is a lot of fun. We have our main group on Virtue (Legionnaires of Virtue) but we also have a group on Protector (Legion of Super Protectors) and one on Infinity (Legion of Super Friends) Most of us have at least one hero on each.

We normally try to get together for Legion night on Wednesday nights around 9 PM eastern and we'll coordinate which server we're going to use here on this thread. Many of us paly often so you can usually hook up with one of us at least on any given night and on the weekends.

Post your heroes name here and let us know when you're going to be on. My list of heroes is on page 28 or 29 (I think) and others have listed theirs as well.

Look forward to having you join us!

#537580 08/19/04 10:00 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hmm. Maybe we should have a separate thread for just hero lists and pictures.

Page 21 of 70 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,025
Posts1,045,848
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Kid Beetle, Star Boy
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star