Roll Call
0 members (), 29 Murran Spies, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
What I found today at my LCS!
by thoth lad - 06/02/24 03:22 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 02:37 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 01:53 PM
Books you are looking for to help with your collection.
by Ann Hebistand - 06/01/24 06:00 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 06/01/24 04:37 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:32 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:28 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:25 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 70 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 69 70
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire
#537631 08/22/04 02:29 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Okay, here's Marcie.

[Linked Image]

#537632 08/22/04 02:33 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I've also added two new characters to Freedom (since it was empty). I've updated my list but I'll post their pics here.

First, is Adam-Warlock, a 5th level Mutation Tanker. The upcoming new Warlock series inspired me to one of my favorite Starlin characters (I know he is not a Starlin creation but he was responsible for my favorite version).

I tried to match his skin color and uniform and think I did a good job. At least in the design area it was an exact match. I also used the third eye to simulate his soul-gem. Green of course. Not the new, red one.

[Linked Image]

#537633 08/22/04 02:39 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And here is something from my childhood that I loved to play with. Remember those little green Army men? I would spend hours playing with them in the mountains behind our trailer. I must have had close to a thousand of them at one time.

lil' Army Man is a 6th level Natural Blaster. I used lil' in his name but didn't make him the smallest character possible. Didn't even check if Green Army Man was available. Didn't think of it until it was too late. That's what I get for creating characters when I'm exhausted. But he works rather well.

[Linked Image]

#537634 08/22/04 03:43 PM
Leader
Leader
Bwa ha ha ha! I love lil Army Man. What fun!

Marcie looks good too. I didn't know she had a last name.

Vee, E-lad looks great. Everyone is doing such an awesome job with the Adventure costumes. I can't wait to run into DM's Tinya some night so I can see how she turned out.

Bravo!

#537635 08/23/04 09:50 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
From http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/city-of-heroes/540482p1.html :

GameSpy: Can you say anything about Issue #3?

Sullivan: We're introducing something top secret, but I can say that it adds a new dimension of gameplay that we haven't seen in this game yet. It's non-combat leveling.
Non-combat leveling? More real role-playing maybe? Quests to look for hidden items?

#537636 08/23/04 10:56 AM
Active
Active
Non combat leveling, eh? Sounds cool.

Love the little army man, so cute.

Anyway, created a couple more characters this weekend just 'cause I wanted exorcise the ideas from my head.

The first is Olivia Honey, inspired by a minor character from The Life and Loves of a She Devil. Olivia is a woman who had the opportunity to start her life over, thanks to the mysterious Vesta Rose, and becomes a mercenary. Her pic on the webpage is going to be an attempt to parody a James Bond poster.

Then there's the Gear Queen. She's Jocasta to the Clockwork King's Ultron. I initially thought it would be cool for her to be a claws scrapper, with the metal on metal look, but then I'm starting to think I'd rather create a Cheshire-type of character as a claws scrapper. Maybe I'll save that for City of Vilains.

#537637 08/23/04 03:04 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Okay everyone! We need to start planning for the Task Force this coming Sunday. Please answer the following:

1) Is 1 PM eastern time good for everyone? I'm not sure how long it will take but imagine we need to plan on a few hours at least. You won't be able to leave and come back so make sure you can commit to however long it takes!

2) What hero are you bringing? Please list level (current & expected gametime) and powers so we can make sure that we have as strong a team going in as possible. I think we are limited to a maximum of 8 but I'm not sure. (Blue or Seymour probably can confirm that)

I'm still trying to decide whether to bring Condo or Mysa. Both are level 15.

So far, I believe we can expect the following to participate:

1) Vee - Condo or Mysa
2) Seymour - Shadow Lad
3) Caroline - Tasmia Mallor
4) LL - Garth Ranzz
5) SLK - Porcupine Pete
6) Lyle - Prism Lord
7) Blue Battler - Andrew Nolan
8) DMFirebow - Doc Nimbus
or UltraStar with one of his on Virtue?
or anyone else?
(Did I miss anyone?)

PS: If the maximum is 8 and we have more than that, can you have TWO TF teams cooperate with each other?

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#537638 08/23/04 03:40 PM
Active
Active
Actually, it may be a good thing if we get more than 8 players. From what I hear, the ideal on the Positron TF is a team of 4-5. The level is set but the mobs get really big after the fifth team member. If we have eight at the party, tho, I think we could take on those larger mobs.

As I understand them, a TF consists of a series of missions, so maybe if we make two teams we can meet up in between missions and chat a little before the next one. Stand around and go "OMG, could you believe that boss?"

Also, reading around I'm told to expect the TF to take 4-5 hours.

I can do 1PM with preparation (I'll need to make muffin or scone batter the night before so that I can feed the boyfriend and not have to worry about having to stop CoHing for breakfast).

#537639 08/23/04 03:41 PM
Active
Active
Oh, yeah, I'll be there as Prism Lord. He's currently lvl 13, but perhaps I could get him to 14 by Sunday(maybe I'll get that group invisiility for the TF).

#537640 08/23/04 03:46 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
From another article/interview at GameSpy ( click here for full article )

GameSpy: What was the most challenging part of actually getting capes into the game?

Jack Emmert: Technology! We wanted capes to flow with movement and combat - just as they do in the comic books. But getting fabric to animate "just right" takes a lot of time and effort. At Cryptic, we want to set a standard where we take the time to do things right, rather than rush something out the door. We're starting with just basic capes at the moment, and we'll be adding to those in future free expansions.

GameSpy: How difficult will it actually be for a player to acquire a cape?

Jack Emmert: Not too difficult. Once you are level 20, players visit the City Representative who sends them on a series of missions. Once those are completed successfully, players may visit a tailor to get a cape! It doesn't require a massive amount of playing, though it does represent a significant amount of player dedication.

GameSpy: Will there be a similar bonus for players who perhaps don't envision their characters wearing capes?

Jack Emmert: At level 30, we have ongoing special effects opening up. So a player can cloak his character's head in a wreath of flames - or cover his hands with crackling electricity - etc. At this point, a character's powers have become so puissant that they are evident even at a distance!

GameSpy: What effects will capes have on characters? Will there be several different kinds of cape?

Jack Emmert: Capes will be as customizable as every other costume piece! There are different sizes, colors, and patterns at first release. As time goes by, we'll be adding other capes into the game that give their wearers extra powers or protection. But that's a story for another day!

#537641 08/23/04 04:47 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Sunday at 1:00 should be okay for us, at four to five hours to play. Garth is currently 13 and I may try for 14 prior to the TF.

#537642 08/23/04 04:54 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I just got my main character on pinnacle up to 15. What makes me mad though is the lag between missions. It seems that once I run out of missions, I have to wait asecurity level or two to get new contacts. I had to wait through patrol from 13-14 until I finally hit the 15 mark.

It kinda got old...

Touch the magic...
#537643 08/23/04 04:58 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Danny, we've missed you on CoH! When are you going to join us for Legion night again?

#537644 08/23/04 05:10 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hopefully soon! Schedule is still a bit tight, so we shall see...

Touch the magic...
#537645 08/23/04 05:32 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I've been on four TFs if you count the aborted
one that I did with Scott and Caroline. On the
others, we went in with a full 8 players. One of
them we finally wound giving up because we just
didn't have the right combo to pull it off, and
the other two were successfully completed.

On the last one I went in on, we got 1000 points
for each successful mission. Where you really
racked up points, though, was in the number of
kills you made in the mish ... the more baddies
you kill, the higher your point score, and the
better the chances you have of leveling from it.

And yes, it does take four or more hours ...
though most of the time you can take a bio break
or to get water or a snack because there will be
lulls while you are doing endurance rests and/or
waiting for the healer's rez to charge up. ;-)

Based on my experience, I'd say go in loaded
to the bear ... we'll score more points that way
than we would on two separate TFs even if those
are doable.

#537646 08/23/04 06:46 PM
Leader
Leader
1) 1 p.m. is fine for me. (I hope so since it was my idea originally. smile )
2) I'll be bringing Shadow Lad, of course, who's about a bubble into 15.

I've never been on a TF, but my hubby has. Mike offered a couple tips:

Again, once you train to 15, you can't train any higher during the TF or you'll get kicked off.

Even if you have to throw some away, make sure you have at least three enhancement slots open at mission's end. Everybody gets a special bonus enhancement for finishing. Whoever gets the final kill gets one, and you may get an extra when you leave the last mission.

This is going to be awesome!

#537647 08/23/04 07:02 PM
Honorary
Honorary
Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to do a Sunday TF even if I didn't have to work that morning(damn job, interfering with my CoH time).
My highest character on Virtue is only lvl 6.
I get a weeks holidays starting Sunday, Sept. 5th so I could try to build one of my guys up for that day(but you guys will probably be on the Skyway TF by then.

Maybe the Infinity one if everyone reaches a TF worthy lvl by then(my Wildfire-X is lvl 11 right now there).

The scariest thing I just realized today is that my 3 month account on CoH ends that week so I'm gonna be needing to buy some more airtime very soon!!

Go conquer the universe for me...for the god whose image you have carved your own homeworld as a monument.Go... for your master...
For Darkseid!
#537648 08/23/04 07:08 PM
Leader
Leader
Here's the first group shot from our Peanuts gang.

[Linked Image]

We've got Sally Brown, Marcie Johnson, PeppermintPatti, Pig Pen Peanut, Linus VP and Charlie Brown. My original screenshot has room to Chuck's left for a couple more.

SLK, DM, Lyle, Ultrastar, Danny, there are still plenty of characters. I've got an idea for Lucy, but I'll hold off if one of you would like to join us on the Freedom server. We need a Schroeder too. We still need a scrapper and a blaster or two. Then there's always Franklin, Violet, Frieda or Shermie. And if you want to go out on a limb, we need Snoopy and Woodstock (maybe we should wait for the winged archetype for Woodstock).

#537649 08/23/04 07:50 PM
Leader
Leader
OK, I swore I wasn't going to play today, but after doing the picture, I just had to get this out of my system. The Great'Pumpkin smile :

[Linked Image]

#537650 08/23/04 08:10 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
That's a neat one Seymour! laugh
rotflmao
I never would have thought of doing that!

#537651 08/23/04 08:31 PM
Active
Active
LOL. that is hilarious, Seymour!! Unfortuntely, I really haven't a whole lot of time to be creating new characters. I wasnt to concentrate on the ones I have and "go all they way" with them. Right now I have about four characters taht I want to concentrate on: Porcupine Pete and Brek Bannin of course (Brek's getting a bit behind) and an original hero on the Triumph server - Terra's Fury - an earth controller. He's alot of fun in groups.

Plus, I just don't have the imagination and creativity that you guys have to make some of the guys! I do enjoy seeing the pics, though.

Schroeder and Lucy are must- haves on this team. Not sure what you could do to make Schroeder stand out without a piano.

#537652 08/23/04 08:33 PM
Active
Active
BTW, Porcupine Pete's ready to go on Sunday afternoon (EST, right?), though I may have to quit early to go to church on Sunday night. I'll still do what I can while I'm there.

#537653 08/23/04 09:09 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Love the Great Pumpkin Seymour! That's why I wanted to do Linus, because I couldn't think of a way to do the Pumpkin.

Got Garth, with a lot of help from Caroline, Blue and Vee, tonight from 6400 xp from 14th (0 bubbles) to only 2966 from 14th (1 click shy of 6 bubbles). Should be able to hit 14 no problem this week, especially if we do Legion night on Wednesday.

#537654 08/23/04 09:11 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Danny Blaine:
I just got my main character on pinnacle up to 15. What makes me mad though is the lag between missions. It seems that once I run out of missions, I have to wait asecurity level or two to get new contacts. I had to wait through patrol from 13-14 until I finally hit the 15 mark.

It kinda got old...
Danny! We've missed you! And I can't wait to see you on CoH!

#537655 08/23/04 10:55 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I am so going to regret this when I get
up for work in less than 6 hours, but I
ran into my friend Grem after leaving Scott,
Vee, and Caroline, and she made a Redhaired
Girl. (No longer little, of course!)

Here's a picture of her with Charlie ...

click to enlarge

And here's a picture of Red by herself.:

click to enlarge

We got her up to 5 before I finally had to call
it a night ...

*falls asleep on keyboard...*

Page 24 of 70 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,025
Posts1,045,853
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Kid Beetle, Star Boy
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Raging Bull
Raging Bull
The open range
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star