Roll Call
0 members (), 36 Murran Spies, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
What I found today at my LCS!
by thoth lad - 06/02/24 03:22 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 02:37 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 01:53 PM
Books you are looking for to help with your collection.
by Ann Hebistand - 06/01/24 06:00 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 06/01/24 04:37 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:32 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:28 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:25 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 70 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 69 70
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire
#537731 08/26/04 03:31 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I just want to be sure I'm understanding it all correctly.

We CAN leave, get kicked off/disconnected and still come back to the TF where we left off? Or do we have to restart?

And we ARE allowed to train after leveling even prior to completing the TF? So does this mean the TF is in the open or we can leave a Door one at anytime to train? And, again, does that reset the TF should we all leave the area?

Many thanks Vee, for looking into this. I really don't like their boards and only occasionally bother going to them. I just visit the main site for updates.
That thread I found was a wealth of information. Much of it I didn't bother posting but I can tell you the following:

Yes you can leave/get disconnected and still come back to the TF picking up where you left off. Some of the posters on the thread actually do their TF missions over various nights 1-2 hours at a time. They just schedule everyone to be back on a certain day/time that's convenient for everyone and continue where they left off. What you can NOT do is log off while in a TF and choose another mission the next time you are back on line (before everyone else is scheduled to re-assemble) That kicks you off the TF team and you can NOT rejoin.

As for your second question. I didn't see that addressed specifically but got the following impression. TF missions are like every other mission in that as long as the team remains, one person COULD leave and then return (like going to the hospital laugh )

I would guess that if everyone left at the same time, it would probably respawn and you would have to start over. But, if one of us levels, he or she can leave...go train up...and then rejoin the group.

Don't know if you all caught it but the only person that is critical (as far as their level), is the leader (the person that goes to Positron to request the TF mission.) Everyone else could be 16 as long as that one person is between 11-15. You can't belower BUT you can be higher in level.

One other comment of interest specific to Positron. Everyone seemed to be in agreement that it is one of the longest TFs to complete. And many felt that it was actually easier & much shorter to complete with less people. Some even commented that they regularly (on all TFs) recruit extra(s) to the team to meet the minimum number required TO START, and then have them drop out as soon as the leader has received the TF. They repfer doing the TFs with just 2-4 total members.

I'm not saying we should do that, just found it interesting.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#537732 08/26/04 03:37 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
So should one of us lower level Legionnaires be the one to get the TF from Positron?

Oh, and does it have to be a Positron TF? Can we get one anywhere else? I seem to remember people talking about how the Positron TF is always the same one.

#537733 08/26/04 03:40 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by LyleLyle:
Thanks for all the research Vee, good stuff to know. (And hey, cool, you got a response from a member of Global Heroics, my favorite SG on the Triumph Server.)

We may have a fairly simple way around the issue of buying inspirations. If you can log off and rejoin the TF then maybe someone with a high lvl alt can log off, sign on as the alt, buy inspirations, trade with a TF memeber, log off and log back on with the TF charcter.

Had a lot of fun playing with everyone last night. Prism's halfway to 14, I'll see if I can get him Group Invisibilty by Sunday.
Sounds like something Mysa could do to contribute to our success. She loves to shop anyway laugh

BTW, I also saw on another thread that Freedom Corp Basic Training Stores pay you more for trianing enhancements that you sell than any other store. Also origin specific stores pay you more for enhancements if the enhancements you are selling are of their origin. ( i.e. Pandora's Box would pay more for a DO or SO Magic Torque than Orion Labs) so you should always try to sell at the correct origin specific store.

#537734 08/26/04 03:47 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Scott:

I think Positron is the only TF we can get because of our levels. I think the Skyway (Synapse?) one is for levels 19-24.

Also, it doesn't matter who gets the TF as long as they are in a qualifying level. The point is, I can level Condo to 16 before Sunday, Andrew can level to 16, Shadow Lad can level to 16, etc. as long as one member of the team is between 11-15 and he/she is the one that acts as leader to create the team and request the TF mission from Positron.

It won't affect the difficulty of the TF mission is someone lvl 12 (for example) acts as leader instead of someone 15. The difficulty is based on the overall strength of the team and adjust accordingly if someone drops out.

For example, if for any reason, a level 12 (Doc) finds that he can't continue on the team and quits the TF (not just logs out in order to return later but QUITS) the difficulty will adjust upwards. If Condo were to do the same, the difficulty would adjust downward.

#537735 08/26/04 03:49 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Hey, guys ... I think I finally found a character
who WON'T need stamina.

I got Consume for Charlie Brown when I hit 10
last night, but I was too tired to do anything
with it.

I used it twice today, and both times it's FULLY
restord Charlie's endurance ...

The only bummer about it is that it's got such
a long recharge. Gonna have to slot that puppy
to the max...

Makes him a lot funner to play. 8-)

#537736 08/26/04 04:00 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Oh, and I'm going to be running around as
both Charlie and Sally tonight, at least
for a while ... so if anyone can make it,
it'd be a good time to get the SG membership started. 8-)

I set up the team leader as Pitcher,and the
Captains as Catchers. Rank and files are going
to be Outfielders...

#537737 08/26/04 04:00 PM
Leader
Leader
It's been hard enough getting us all on at the same time for Sunday, so I'd like to do the TF all in one sitting.

I think whoever has the stablest connection should be leader. That would mean me, Scott or Caroline of those I know. How's DM's?

#537738 08/26/04 04:15 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Didn't mean to imply that we shouldn't Seymour. Just found it interesting that you actually could do it that way for future reference.

As far as the stablest connection, I agree with those you named along with Peteand maybe Prism.

Guess I would jst say not me...and not Andrew laugh

#537739 08/26/04 05:10 PM
Active
Active
Don't let me be leader. My connection, while better lately, is still pretty sporadic.

Last night was a blast! Even though I died twice, and almost led us all to our doom, it was pretty fun. We'll (ok, I'll) have to be careful during the mission on Sunday not to draw nearby enemies to the group. Did someone in the group have resurection? If so, I might be able to lose a couple of the Awakenings I've been lugging around with me for awhile. On second thought, I better keep them.

Sounds like with eight of us, we might not get the XP we thought. That's fine, though, I still would rather do this with the whole group. Maybe next time we could split into two groups of four and double our experience.

#537740 08/26/04 05:19 PM
Active
Active
My connection isn't the greatest, and do have lag problems occasionaly. But i'll do my best to keep up!

"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"
#537741 08/27/04 05:01 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I just hope no storms are going to be moving
through my area on Sunday ... *crosses fingers*

#537742 08/27/04 05:40 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Same here! That's when I seem to have my connection problems

#537743 08/27/04 05:43 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Question: My intention originally was to get Condo as close to level 16 as possible without going over by Sunday. With the info I found yesterday, should I try to level to 16? Or continue with my prior plan?

#537744 08/27/04 06:53 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I would still hold out, just below 16. You never know if what we've heard is correct or just their experiences which may have changed. We've all seen the little changes they are pulling (Lead Scorchers and Lead Shockers with new powers and no notice). What's to say the TF stuff hasn't changed since. Not saying it has but I'd hate to lose Condo because of it. He should be able to hit 16 right after starting then you can level him.

On an unrealated note. What's the quickest anyone here has gotten a character up to level 10?

#537745 08/27/04 07:45 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The fastest one I've done was Varalent on Protector. I think I did him in four days so I could get the SG started.

#537746 08/27/04 07:51 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
About how much playing time was that Vee? I'm just curious as I'm trying an experiment with a character based on one of the guides from the CoH boards. Wondering if I'm just imagining how quickly he's leveling or if it is average.

#537747 08/27/04 08:07 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Scott: I think it was about 15 hours or so? Can't be sure since it was a while ago.

#537748 08/27/04 08:10 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Those guides really are iteresting aren't they. I'm thinking about trying out a char based on them as well. I want to see how their ideas on energy blasters compare to what I've done with my own just on instinct.

For example, I've never taken Build Up but they make it sound very useful.

So I guess you'd better all prepare for the next recruit to make it into Vee's Legion! laugh

#537749 08/27/04 08:48 AM
Leader
Leader
My hubby loves buildup. He's got it on his energy/energy blaster. Hit Aim, Buildup and Snipe one right after the other, and he often takes out minions of equal level (he's 20s now) with one shot and lieutenants with that combo and a single follow-up blast. I've watched him use it on a boss and then follow up with a couple blasts that have an AoE knockback to keep others in the mob distracted. Sure, he's got plenty of enhancements, but it's still a powerful combo.

Scott, I can't remember how much playing time went into my 10s. I only have a few of them, and I tend to lose track. Sorry.

#537750 08/27/04 09:14 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Something else else I ran across today on the CoH Forum. Very interesting info about enhancements management...

*****[Posted by Eloora on the City of Heroes Community Forum]

Guide to Keeping the Right Training Enh. to sell
#1153066 - 08/20/04 01:08 PM
[Edit post] Edit [Reply to this post] Reply [Reply to this post] Quote

Ever been xping your newb in Kings Row or Boomtown, and gotten full of enhancements before you're ready to sell/train? Ever wonder just what each of those enhancements are worth at the store?
Well hopefully this guide will make it a little less painful when it comes time to trash some enhancements you're carrying. You don't have to keep every one you get, and it behooves you to make smart choices about what to keep, and what to trash.

I'm sure a lot of you have already figured out that certain enhancement types sell for more than others. This is true for every single type of enhancement in the game. In this guide I am strictly dealing with training enhancements, as I have rarely if ever deleted a dual origin thus far in my playing career.

Some things you should know:

* You should also read Zealot\'s Store and Enhancements Guide , as this is sort of supplemental to that, and I will not be reiterating some of the basic things stated in that guide.
* Training Enhancements should only be sold at Freedom Corps stores such as those found in Steel Canyon, Skyway City, Talos Island and Independance Port. Even selling to the trainers in Atlas or Galaxy will reap a diminished return per enhancement you sell. How much? Well a one-time sell won't hurt, but making several sells to the trainers instead of the stores will start to show in your DO and SO fund. If you are too young to traverse the zones stated above to sell don't worry, your enhancements probably don't cost enough to warrant xp debt.
* There is a multiplier for each type of enhancement that determines its sell price at each level. What this means is that the higher the sell price multiplier, the bigger the profit for selling the enhancement. I am no math genius by any means, that should become apparent by the end of this guide lol, so some of the numbers below may not work out exactly. This isn't solely due to my mathematical ineptitude, but due to the fact that the developers didn't make nice round numbers for all of the multipliers. Rest assured though that with the numbers below you should come darn close to the actual sell value of the enhancement, if not the exact value. The give or take is single digits.
* This guide deals mostly with TO's in the teens range, say 10-20, but assumes that the multipliers hold up below and above that range.

Sell Price Multipliers for Training Enhancements
(In store display order, with 45+ multipliers bolded)

Accuracy - 51
Cone Range - 44.6
Confus. Dur. - 28
Damage - 50
Def. Buff - 35
End. Drain - 11.5
End. Reduct. - 46.5
Fear Dur. - 23
Flight - 31.5
Healing - 50
Hold - 33
Immob. Dur. - 36.5
Intangbility - ?
Accel. Activ. - ?
Jumping - 20
Knockback Dist. - 16.5
Range - 40
Recharge - 46.5
Recov. Increase - 40
Dmg. Resist - 33
Run Spd. - 33
Sleep Dur. - 33
Slow - 39
Disorient - 36.5
Taunt Dur. - 38
ToHit Debuff - 25
Acc. Debuff -?

As you can see some values are missing. I will try to get them in the next couple of days and edit the post, but as you know drops are random. If anyone can figure them out you can either post them here or PM me with them.

How these multipliers work is quite simple. Let's say you have a level 16 Healing enhancement and you'd like to figure out how much influence you'll get for it at the store. Simply multiply 50 x 16, which equals 800 influence. You also have a level 18 Immobilization duration enhancement, which is only worth 657 influence, thereby it makes more sense to keep the healing enhancement over the Immobilization duration one even if it is a higher level enhancement.

One more note about the multipliers is that a couple of them, Accurcy for instance, change slightly at level 19, reducing a little and thereby reducing the sell price. It isn't much, but I knew some of you might notice this so I thought I'd mention it.

Anyways, hope this helps some of you save up your influence a little more efficiently

#537751 08/27/04 09:31 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Thanks for that Vee. I was wondering that last night when running around with my 'test' character. Kept filling up my slots real quick and it was a pain to run back to AP just to sell, although worth the influence in the long run.

Guess I'll have to find the Freedom Corps store in Steel. Is it a separate store or is that the generic name for any of the stores?

And another stupid question. What does AoE stand for? I see the abbrev. used everywhere but never spelled out.

For the record, my 'test' character is at 10th level (plus a couple of bubbles) after around 8 hours of play. The first 8 levels I got in one 5 hour sitting. I didn't really think that I was moving up that fast but maybe it is quicker the normal. But we'll see now that he's past ten.

#537752 08/27/04 09:43 AM
Active
Active
Wow, you're a lot more effective than I've been with my fire blaster. I think I started him tuesday, played about 12 hours and got lvl 10 last night. I gotta admit I'm still getting in the habit of using caltrops, which are pretty powerful.

I'm finally strong enough to take out low level mobs on the streets of Perez with little danger, woo-hoo.

BTW, AoE=Area of Effect

#537753 08/27/04 09:49 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
D'oh! Okay, makes sense now, especially with blasters. Thanks Lyle!

I just barely started into Perez last night, always leary about going in there alone. But so far I haven't done one mission. Its been all street kills in AP and KR. And I went with a fire blaster with energy as the secondary. Couldn't bring myself to use devices. I'll post his info after I get him up a few more levels to be sure he can really make the higher levels quicker.

#537754 08/27/04 10:55 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
As you know, I very much favor blasters (defenders are my second most favorite AT)

By and large I think the energy blast secondary set may well be the most powerful of the blaster secondaries. Fortunately it's also available for Defenders as a secondary power set, which is what Mysa has ( and you all know she's pretty powerful for a defender! laugh )

By the same token, I think Fire primary is at least as powerful & effective a primary for blasters but seems to have less of a hit against endurance than energy. And endurance is a blasters achilles heal.

All in all I'd say a Fire/Energy blaster may well be the most effective combination you could come up with based on my limited experience. Good choices!

#537755 08/27/04 10:59 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Scott:

There is a replacement map available at the CoH forum that overlays all the stores and contacts on every zone map. I downloaded it a few days ago (from HeroesHideaway.com) after being told about it by another char, but haven't installed it yet.

Regarding the Freedom Corp store. As I recall it's only a few blocks away from the tram. I think it's on one of the cross streets on the upper level ( not down below where Subgenetics is)

Page 28 of 70 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,025
Posts1,045,853
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Kid Beetle, Star Boy
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Raging Bull
Raging Bull
The open range
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star