Roll Call
0 members (), 29 Murran Spies, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
What I found today at my LCS!
by thoth lad - 06/02/24 03:22 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 02:37 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 01:53 PM
Books you are looking for to help with your collection.
by Ann Hebistand - 06/01/24 06:00 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 06/01/24 04:37 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:32 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:28 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:25 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 40 of 70 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 69 70
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire
#538031 09/13/04 05:13 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
Well, seeing as how no one TOLD us to show up
there ... laugh

Vee got DrFate up to level 7, and I got
Brainwave Jr. up to 8. I picked up hover
for Jr. at this point because I'm too lazy
to constantly be looking for ways around
walls ... laugh

Congrats on Janice. I think that Flame
Brickette is at level 11 now.

Scott, have any of the chars you've been
speed leveling gotten full super speed yet?
How do you like it?
Do we have the SG started yet then for the Mythos characters? Did we ever settle on a name? I was thinking, Offsprings of Chaos.

And I havent' chosen full superspeed yet but it has been available for me. I'm thinking that Janice will take it for sure when available. Tempted to with Dirk since I think he can already.

#538032 09/13/04 07:31 AM
Active
Active
Super Speed, if you're on dial up is reaally bad. I've got a character with it, and I got tons of 'lost connection with map server' problems.

The only other problem i have with dial up, is area loading. It takes longer than everyone else. so i may go in a door mish first, but come in last! frown

Tinya's up to 7th level on Infinity, and I plan on working on her a bit today.. probably about 2:00pm EST.. anyone want to join me?

"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"
#538033 09/13/04 09:31 AM
Active
Active
Yay! I've got issue 2 downloaded...! It took all night and part of the day.. but... I got it!

Ick.. btw, may not be on at 2 as originally planned... darn it.

"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"
#538034 09/13/04 09:47 AM
Active
Active
Trying to invoke the feeling that "Doom Patrol" does (which I think invokes the feel of the characters) I started playing with the idea of "Destiny (Noun)"

Destiny Defenders, Destiny Collective, Destiny Force...

Any words out there I can't think of that invokes Cassandra, the cursed prophetess?

The Doomsayers?

For some reason Legacy League rings with me, as well.

And yikes, you guys are all way ahead of me. Gear Queen is only lvl 8, Kimi-Kiri (The Prince of Mists) is only lvl 4.

#538035 09/13/04 10:19 AM
Leader
Leader
Anyway, now that Princess P can flash the
bad guys-- hey, where are you, Seymour?--
we've got two holding powers in our group.
At some point, Imra should have telekinesis
which is also another lock down power. With
that many holds, we should be able to clean
up in Steel Canyon and, eventually, Skyway.
The controllers can just lock them down and
the blasters, scrappers, and our tank can
just kick their nasses ...
I'm right here. I spent the rest of the day away from the computer to give my eyeballs a rest and to try and convince myself I can find other things to do with my life than play CoH, as much as I enjoy it. (I'm not addicted. I'm not addicted.) smile (I got caught up with an anime series, "Figure 17," that I've enjoyed immensely -- it ended well, but not the way I wanted it to.)

Anyway, I'm ticked at myself. I thought I got an 18 accuracy SO because it had the crosshairs symbol. Cool! I replaced the 15 DO accuracy on my heal to help us stay alive. Then I read it a bit more closely and discovered it was a recharge reduction. What's up with that? Why is the accuracy symbol on it if it's recharge reduction?!?! So now I need to get up to 17 to get another slot to put accuracy. Recharge reduction is a good thing for that power, but it was fairly quick to begin with, and I really need the accuracy enhancement to be more effective as a healer. Grrr. That'll teach me to read everything more carefully.

Infinity group sounds fun for Wednesday. It'll be nice to see what powers become available for Princess P at 12. Is that when Prism got group invis, Lyle?

That funny about Grem finishing the first TF mission in 15 minutes when it took us a couple hours. There have been a couple things I've noticed.

Yes, I think our group size had something to do with it. From Vee's earlier research, it sounds like the bosses are really amped up with a full group. Also, with more people (and spread over four time zones), that means more potty breaks, more stopping to fix dinner, more stopping to get laundry out of the dryer, etc. Nature of the beast.

Second, I think at the beginning we were suffering from a lack of leadership. We all stood around talking about what might work and maybe we should do this and blah blah blah. When Andrew took over, that got better, but I still think we spent too much time typing and not enough time fighting. And several times right up until the end, we'd just stand there with nobody saying anything.

Don't get me wrong. I love you guys, and our banter is a big part of the fun. If Grem did a pick-up team especially, that banter would be at a minimum since they don't know each other, and they'd be more down to business. I don't mind having to extend things a little bit because a lot of the fun is playing with this group, but I did get frustrated sometimes with our lack of action.

And that's my two cents on the TF. Overall, it was fun. I'm ready to try again with the Infinity group, but we should keep it smaller.

#538036 09/13/04 11:41 AM
Active
Active
The Infi Legion sounds good for Wednesday. Prism is still catching his breath from the TF.

We have one additional lock down, which we should learn to use. Querl's got that Detention Field which bubbles a bad guy. It protects him from us but it also keeps him from hitting us...

The strategy I've been trying to employ (and not always suceeding) is to use Detention Field when we face two powerful foes and we start out focusing on one (like, say, if we were facing a lead shocker and a brick). However, I've been wondering if I should use that in big mobs with a single boss, so that we mop up all the little guys so that we can focus on the boss without the little guys for additiona dammage. That'd be mostly for really big groups, I think (and possibly Embalmeds).

Anyway, it's a power we should try to get comfortable with and I need to get into the groove with.

Then again, that's what I like about this game, there's some odd powers that don't have an obvious fit, especially when you're in a team.

#538037 09/13/04 11:46 AM
Active
Active
I think I read somewhere that after four members the difficulty of villains of a TF increases exponentially, or somewhere to that effect. Based on what some people have said, there's a big diff in what you face in a team of 6 and 8. (Actually remember how cake that first mish we did on Sunday, when I got in the door right away, while we still had only five logged on?)

#538038 09/13/04 02:24 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Deathstroke Lad:
[b]Well, seeing as how no one TOLD us to show up
there ... laugh

Vee got DrFate up to level 7, and I got
Brainwave Jr. up to 8. I picked up hover
for Jr. at this point because I'm too lazy
to constantly be looking for ways around
walls ... laugh

Congrats on Janice. I think that Flame
Brickette is at level 11 now.

Scott, have any of the chars you've been
speed leveling gotten full super speed yet?
How do you like it?
Do we have the SG started yet then for the Mythos characters? Did we ever settle on a name? I was thinking, Offsprings of Chaos.

And I havent' chosen full superspeed yet but it has been available for me. I'm thinking that Janice will take it for sure when available. Tempted to with Dirk since I think he can already. [/b]
We haven't come up with a name yet. We were
bandying it about when we were playing the
other day. Offsprings of Chaos isn't a bad
name ...

#538039 09/13/04 02:38 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
[QUOTE]

Infinity group sounds fun for Wednesday. It'll be nice to see what powers become available for Princess P at 12. Is that when Prism got group invis, Lyle?

That funny about Grem finishing the first TF mission in 15 minutes when it took us a couple hours. There have been a couple things I've noticed.

Yes, I think our group size had something to do with it. From Vee's earlier research, it sounds like the bosses are really amped up with a full group. Also, with more people (and spread over four time zones), that means more potty breaks, more stopping to fix dinner, more stopping to get laundry out of the dryer, etc. Nature of the beast.

Second, I think at the beginning we were suffering from a lack of leadership. We all stood around talking about what might work and maybe we should do this and blah blah blah. When Andrew took over, that got better, but I still think we spent too much time typing and not enough time fighting. And several times right up until the end, we'd just stand there with nobody saying anything.

Don't get me wrong. I love you guys, and our banter is a big part of the fun. If Grem did a pick-up team especially, that banter would be at a minimum since they don't know each other, and they'd be more down to business. I don't mind having to extend things a little bit because a lot of the fun is playing with this group, but I did get frustrated sometimes with our lack of action.

And that's my two cents on the TF. Overall, it was fun. I'm ready to try again with the Infinity group, but we should keep it smaller.
If we do Infinity with a smaller group then I
thinnk we need to carefully choose each group
... assuming we do it with two separate groups.
Each team should have at least one healer, one
scout .. and at least one blaster.

#538040 09/13/04 02:46 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by LyleLyle:
The Infi Legion sounds good for Wednesday. Prism is still catching his breath from the TF.

We have one additional lock down, which we should learn to use. Querl's got that Detention Field which bubbles a bad guy. It protects him from us but it also keeps him from hitting us...

The strategy I've been trying to employ (and not always suceeding) is to use Detention Field when we face two powerful foes and we start out focusing on one (like, say, if we were facing a lead shocker and a brick). However, I've been wondering if I should use that in big mobs with a single boss, so that we mop up all the little guys so that we can focus on the boss without the little guys for additiona dammage. That'd be mostly for really big groups, I think (and possibly Embalmeds).

Anyway, it's a power we should try to get comfortable with and I need to get into the groove with.

Then again, that's what I like about this game, there's some odd powers that don't have an obvious fit, especially when you're in a team.
Gravity field lets me lock down a lt and shuts
off his powers. Detention field does the same
thing, doesn't it? I think we should try to use
that on a lead brick to see if it works any
better than Star's powers. Maybe if it can't
do the job, we can do the job between us.

But, yeah. We need to work out strategies. The
controller AT isn't built for causing damage,
but locking down the baddies is a definite
asset.

#538041 09/13/04 02:53 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Trying to invoke the feeling that "Doom Patrol" does (which I think invokes the feel of the characters) I started playing with the idea of "Destiny (Noun)"

Destiny Defenders, Destiny Collective, Destiny Force...

Any words out there I can't think of that invokes Cassandra, the cursed prophetess?

The Doomsayers?

For some reason Legacy League rings with me, as well.

And yikes, you guys are all way ahead of me. Gear Queen is only lvl 8, Kimi-Kiri (The Prince of Mists) is only lvl 4.
Hmm...

Too bad we can't just use the Doom Patrol.
laugh laugh

Hey, about the Damned Patrol?

Or Paragons Triumphant? laugh

#538042 09/13/04 03:13 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I still like the word Scions. It sort of evokes mystical power, which we all are in some ways. How about Scions of Chaos? Damned Patrol is pretty good as is Doomsayers. Or maybe something with Vengeance or revenge since we are pitted against our own?

Destiny's Revenge?
Vengeance of the Damned?
Vengeance Patrol?

BTW, Eidol Mage just made it to lvl 9. Took him only 10 hours, which I think is pretty good for a defender.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#538043 09/13/04 03:56 PM
Active
Active
Personally, I'm not a fan of including "Damned" in the SG name only because the word's association with a specific mythos of CoH.

I like Destiny's Vengeance, to play on Vee's suggestion. Paragons Triumphant also sounds good to me.

As for Detention Field, it does lock down a bad guy and prevent him from doing anything that doesn't affect himself. The downside is that we can't do anything to him, either, but if we've got other thugs to deal with, I think that won't be a hassle.

We should do some experiments to see how the accuracy is on our various lockdowns on different kind of thugs.

I just did an inventory and we've got a challenging mix for an Infi TF. AFIK, we've no tankers and no dedicated healers (tho I've seen people argue that you don't need a healer if you know how to utilize your defenders) however, the only defenders we have are mine (Querl) and Vee's (Cos/Color Kid). (Or did I miss a controller with empathy secondary?) Doc's got our only scrapper (Tinya/Lu) unless we've got a second Lu.

BTW, this is my list...

Vee:
Cos (FF/NRG Def)
Jan (NRG/NRG Blast)
Color Kid (Kin/NRG Def)
Beauty Blaze (Fire/Fire Blast)

Doc:
Tinya (MA/Regen Scrapper)
Triplicate (MA/Rfx Scrapper)

Scott:
Ranzz (Lgt/Lgt Blast)

Blue:
Star (Grv/Rad ctrl)

Carolyn:
Imra (Kin/? ctrl)

Seymore:
Big Kid (?)
Princess P (ill/? ctrl)

SKL:
Brek (ice/ice blast)

LL:
Querl (FF/NRG blast)

I've probably forgottens stuff, in which case we could be in better shape than I thought...

#538044 09/13/04 05:13 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm pretty sure that Big Kid is a tanker but it's Seymour's char so he'll be able to tell us shortly.

Grem (Blue's sweetheart) has Super Kara on Infinity. Can't recall if she's a tanker or scrapper but she's one of those.

Caroline has KentShakespeare on Infinity now and he's a healer. Not sure what level but he was in Steele with us the other day.

UltrStar has Widfire-X on Infinity and he's a fire blaster I believe. Again, not sure what level he's up to.

And I just saw someone new post on the CoH Roster thread that met Doc on Infinity (Maeganbrand?) Not sure what they have though. Think it was a Wildfire char also.

Assuming some of these are up there in level, we could have a big enough assortment for two groups.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#538045 09/13/04 05:22 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by CM3 Vee:
I'm pretty sure that Big Kid is a tanker but it's Seymour's char so he'll be able to tell us shortly.

Grem (Blue's sweetheart) has Super Kara on Infinity. Can't recall if she's a tanker or scrapper but she's one of those.

Caroline has KentShakespeare on Infinity now and he's a healer. Not sure what level but he was in Steele with us the other day.

UltrStar has Widfire-X on Infinity and he's a fire blaster I believe. Again, not sure what level he's up to.

And I just saw someone new post on the CoH Roster thread that met Doc on Infinity (Maeganbrand?) Not sure what they have though. Think it was a Wildfire char also.

Assuming some of these are up there in level, we could have a big enough assortment for two groups.
Star is level 11 right now.

And Super Kara is a tanker.

Big Kid is a scrapper, I think.

#538046 09/13/04 05:46 PM
Leader
Leader
Yes, Big Kid is a scrapper, and I never took him past third level because I wound up liking Princess P better. If I remember right, he's martial arts/regen.

Princess P is an 11 illusion controller with emp as secondary. I don't think she has heal other yet, but she does have rez.

#538047 09/13/04 08:34 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Hey, Guys.

Just talked to Grem about her TF ... and it
turns out that it took them 7 hours total to
complete the first one.

On the other hand, she ran the second one
with another group and it only took them
an hour and a half to complete. She said
they'd done it a lot of times and really
knew what they were doing, so I don't think
we should feel too bad about it...

And she said she would be able to make it
on Wednesday...

For those of you who weren't on with us
tonight, Beauty Blaze, Princess P, Brek, and
Star had a chance to test our powers out
tonight. We did pretty good, even up against
level 10 Vahz. Both Princess and I seem to
have problems with the Eids in terms of
locking them down ...

But I'm sure Brek got an ice ring around one
once, and I think that Beauty got a fire ring
around one too ...

I'm feeling a bit better about our capacity to
handle the Vahz in a TF ... we'd just have to
plan it right ...

#538048 09/14/04 11:25 AM
Active
Active
Woo-hoo! I got Captain Hottie to lvl 15, my first lvl 15 character. I think I'll try to get him on a small TF on thursday.

Should I bring in a mythos character or an Infi legionnaire tonight? I want to build up one of 'em, anyone planning to do play either of their characters?

#538049 09/14/04 12:29 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Woo-hoo! I got Captain Hottie to lvl 15, my first lvl 15 character. I think I'll try to get him on a small TF on thursday.

Should I bring in a mythos character or an Infi legionnaire tonight? I want to build up one of 'em, anyone planning to do play either of their characters?
Well, I spent most of the day flat on my back
due to a severe pain in the back of my neck/
head ... but about an hour ago I rallyed
sufficiently to make a new Legionnaire for
Infinity: Brin Londo. He's a claw/regen
scrapper. I'm rather pleased with him so far.

I also have an idea for a new mythos character,
but Im not sure if I should play him or not...
any chance that you'll give in to peer pressure
now that Scott caved, Seymour? 8-)

#538050 09/14/04 12:46 PM
Active
Active
Hey Blue,

Kami-Kiri my ice/storm controller is only lvl 4 so he'd be up for teaming with a new character.

#538051 09/14/04 01:22 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Cool.

I was thinking about making my new guy a
mental controller with empathy as secondary,
but maybe we coulduse an empathy defender with
metnal as a secondary more...

#538052 09/14/04 02:03 PM
Leader
Leader
Well, I spent most of the day flat on my back

Sorry to hear about your back. I hope it's getting back in shape. I can't wait to see Brin.

And, no, I won't be doing a mythos character. I'm bound and determined to do well by a few other characters before I spend significant time on another. I will not succumb to peer pressure!! smile

Linus VP is an emp defender with pychic secondary, and I'm really enjoying the combo. He's got some nice psychic blasts.

Saturn Lady is a mind controller with kinetics secondary, and I'm not liking her as much. Like a lot of controller powers, at least at the start, they're not that strong. I haven't much looked into the later ones, though, so maybe she'd be more interesting then.

#538053 09/14/04 02:56 PM
Deputy
Deputy
[b] Well, I spent most of the day flat on my back

Sorry to hear about your back. I hope it's getting back in shape. I can't wait to see Brin.

And, no, I won't be doing a mythos character. I'm bound and determined to do well by a few other characters before I spend significant time on another. I will not succumb to peer pressure!! smile [/b]

Ah, Seymour! All the cool kids are doing it!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Blue Battler:
Linus VP is an emp defender with pychic secondary, and I'm really enjoying the combo. He's got some nice psychic blasts.

Saturn Lady is a mind controller with kinetics secondary, and I'm not liking her as much. Like a lot of controller powers, at least at the start, they're not that strong. I haven't much looked into the later ones, though, so maybe she'd be more interesting then. [/QB]
Thanks. It was bothering me yesterday, but I
toughed it out. This morning I woke up after a
restless night still feeling crappy, and I said
to heck with it and called in.
mad

And c'mon, Seymour! All the cool kids are
making Mythos chars! laugh

Archon II is an empathy defender with psi
secondary. I only have 2 attacks for him
because I wanted to get to rez ASAP. They
don't seem to chew up much end though, and
that's a plus.

Brainwave Jr. is a mental/rad controller, and
his psi powers are pretty good. Most controllers
get lock downs very early, but the mental one
seems to take a while to accomplish that. Looks
like telekinesis is their big lockdown, and I
don't have that yet.

I got Brin up to 6 today. I'll probably log him
on tomorrow at least long enough for everyone to
get a look at him and to get him inducted into
the Legion. I like his look, but I couldn't find
a wolf symbol to use for him... grrr.

#538054 09/14/04 02:59 PM
Active
Active
From what I hear, the controllers eventually get really strong... I hope that comes soon 'cause they get frustrating at times as much as the powers appeal to me.

And, no, I won't be doing a mythos character. I'm bound and determined to do well by a few other characters before I spend significant time on another. I will not succumb to peer pressure!! smile
Aww, but there are so many unexplored possiblities....

- The mainstream universe's Imperial Wind's history hasn't been determined, who knows what became of them... or the Storm Korps? Sure they were the bad guys in WWII but their countries are our allies now and I wonder if their kids would be like.

- A bunch of heroes got stuck behind Ritki gates, I wonder what they found there.

- Axis America, there's so many possiblities there...

- I'm sure there's a reformed 5th Column, gang member or Tsoo out there, looking to make amends. Along those lines, I'm sure there's a mercenary from Free Company or Directed Outcomes who regrets his ways.

- I wonder if Baron Zoria has any kids...

#538055 09/14/04 03:00 PM
Active
Active
Hey coooool....

A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM STATESMAN

"Fellow heroes, disturbing information has come to light. Thanks to the hard work by the Federal Bureau of Super Powered Affairs and the Portal Corporation, we have discovered an odd energy signature throughout Paragon City. Researchers believe that this aetheric energy appears to be building towards a climax at some point in the near future. We believe that this will occur over the next several days. All heroes should be on the look out for anything strange in the city on those days. Be on guard; this does not bode well for our metropolis."

Page 40 of 70 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,025
Posts1,045,853
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Kid Beetle, Star Boy
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Raging Bull
Raging Bull
The open range
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star