Roll Call
0 members (), 29 Murran Spies, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
What I found today at my LCS!
by thoth lad - 06/02/24 03:22 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 02:37 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 01:53 PM
Books you are looking for to help with your collection.
by Ann Hebistand - 06/01/24 06:00 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 06/01/24 04:37 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:32 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:28 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:25 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 43 of 70 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 69 70
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire
#538106 09/16/04 07:43 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And a very rare sight indeed. Garth dancing. They have apparantly raised the aggrevation level of the baddies and if you are a lot higher than they are they will ignore you. So Silver Slasher, Condo, Doc and I had a dance party while some Trolls beat up on a Brick.

click to enlarge

#538107 09/16/04 07:59 PM
Active
Active
Are we ever going to run the Titans gang again? It seemed like the most frustrating experience, especially with the new invaders from that portal. I'll probably never touch Garth Tempest agin unless you guys want to.

#538108 09/16/04 08:02 PM
Active
Active
I waited around for you guys for awhile as Tara Markov (just couldnt bring myself to do a Tank aka gnarkk).

Oh well... hope to catch ya soon

"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"
#538109 09/16/04 11:13 PM
Honorary
Honorary
I've never seen so many heroes crammed into one place before today.

City Hall was packed....

The Icon stores were packed...

Perez Park was packed....

All with high lvl characters too.

UltraStar now has 2 capes for 2 of his 3 costumes.

Had to run around all over the map and finally fight lvl 30-32 Rikti in Perez but I got it and it's oh-so sweet!!!

Died 5 times and got 40,000 debt but damn, that cape flows real good!

Go conquer the universe for me...for the god whose image you have carved your own homeworld as a monument.Go... for your master...
For Darkseid!
#538110 09/17/04 04:27 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by UltraStar:
I've never seen so many heroes crammed into one place before today.

City Hall was packed....

The Icon stores were packed...

Perez Park was packed....

All with high lvl characters too.

UltraStar now has 2 capes for 2 of his 3 costumes.

Had to run around all over the map and finally fight lvl 30-32 Rikti in Perez but I got it and it's oh-so sweet!!!

Died 5 times and got 40,000 debt but damn, that cape flows real good!
You only had to do one cape mish to get it,
didn't you, Ultra?

And are capes the only thing they offer? My
highest guy is Blue Battler who's a level 24,
and neither of his costumes would look good
with a cape. On the other hand, I think his
civvies would look good with a trenchcoat ...

#538111 09/17/04 04:48 AM
Deputy
Deputy
After the Titans broke up for the
evening-- and I think that I am going
to junk New Raven. How can anyone almost
DIE on the training mish?! (My hat is off
to you, Seymour, for gettinga dark/dark
defender as high as you have Grev ...)--
Vee and I switched to Beauty Blaze and Star
Kallor and did some hunting in Steel Canyon.

Kind of a mixed bag there, guys.

The only good news that I have is that I
think they may have fixed the controller
powers so I can actualy hold a lead brick.
It's still not easy, but I think I can do
it. The bad news is that almost every
Outcast now has powers ... and while I can
hold them, only gravity lets me shut off
their powers while being held ... and that
is a one at a time power ...

frown

Outcast Torchs are almost as bad as
scorchers, IMO ...

Star died at least twice, and I think that
Beauty died at least three times ...

At this point, I don't think I'll ever be
able to solo with Star ... while I can hold
the baddies, it takes all my endurance to do
so, and I don't do enough damage to put that
many of them away once I lock them down ...
those multiple attacks just kill me ...
literally!

And I'm STILL not at 12 yet ... 8-(

Vee, when we get a chance, I want to run
Beauty and Star again. I want to revise
our tactics. The first thing I want to
find out is just how far away someone
can be from Star and still be healed by
his radiant aura ...

Could use everyone else as well ... we gotta
get Princess and Star levelled up so we can
do cape mish!
laugh

#538112 09/17/04 05:17 AM
Leader
Leader
I didn't get to play much last night because shortly after you all went to Titans, I had to go pick up my hubby and wait for the tow truck when his car died.

I played a little when I got back and a bit this morning, and I'm about ready to call it quits.

It barely was before, and certainly isn't now, a game for the casual player. I'm sorry, Statesman, but I don't have 12 hours a day and 24 on weekends to play your game. You don't want us to be obsessed with XP? Then give us all the powers at once and let us have fun.

When it takes a month to get a character from level 15 to 16, what's the fun in that? Sure, I enjoy playing with you guys a lot, but I'm really frustrated at how long it takes to level past 12. And now that the villains have a vaster array of weapons and powers, it takes even longer to complete missions, and we rack up even more debt.

They gave the Tsoo caltrops! It took forever to complete a mission last night, and we only did it because the level 18 on the team who had been reversed sidekicked got sick of dying and went to full strength in a mission of 15s and 16s bad guys. I died twice (though the first time was because one of the team members TPed me to the mish without warning while I was flying, and I landed right in the middle of a mob of 17 trolls. I am now always selecting the TP prompt option.)

I want to use the different powers. I want to visit the different maps. I want to fight the different villains. But I'd like to do it before my 50th birthday. And at the rate I'm going, it's going to take SL another 17 years just to hit 20, and I'm starting to wonder if this game is worth the things I've been giving up to play it.

#538113 09/17/04 06:29 AM
Honorary
Honorary
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
You only had to do one cape mish to get it,
didn't you, Ultra?

And are capes the only thing they offer? My
highest guy is Blue Battler who's a level 24,
and neither of his costumes would look good
with a cape. On the other hand, I think his
civvies would look good with a trenchcoat ... ][/QUOTE]
-------------------------------------------------

No trenchcoats as of yet, anyway...
My third costume (secret identity) needs a leather jacket.

It is one door mission in Perez that wins you the right to buy and design a cape but there are about 4 small "talk to..." missions scattered in various cities you have to do first.

When I did the mission with 2 other people both of them died and I was in the red untill we got a "mission failed" (when the Rikti destroy the object you want to protect).
The toughest opponent is a Rikti Mentalist who can kill you easier than he should, I think.
Also another Rikti (communications officer maybe) opens warp portals bringing more and more enemies into the building so you have to destroy the portals a.s.a.p. as well.
When we did the mission with 6 others we had at least 3 mentalists and i think 3 warp portals and a hellova lot more mobs.
I died 4 times there...in fact we all did.

I took the advice of a lvl 42 buddy of mine and solo'd my mission (died once and used up all my inspirations twice) but I finished it and don't remember even seeing the mentalist in there.

Then went back to City hall and then to Icons to buy my cape (yes, buy...not free).

For some reason, the second mission for power effects for lvl 30's in Creys Folley seemed to be alot easier.
Just kill 15 Trolls, 15 Rikti, 15 Devoured and return to City Hall then to Icons to pick me up some electric eyes (looks damn cool).

So if you CAN solo it I would say try unless you have a very well organized team happening.

Whether or not this situation applies to the lvl 20 cape mission or not, I don't know. At 30, it was a massive pain of unwelcome debt.

I think they did a great job on the way the capes flow in the wind, though.

Go conquer the universe for me...for the god whose image you have carved your own homeworld as a monument.Go... for your master...
For Darkseid!
#538114 09/17/04 08:24 AM
Active
Active
I can never solo with Doc Nimbus again... unless I want to go after greens or greys only. Everyone else just wipes up the floor with him now.

I played with my 19th level tank, and he used to be able to take on reds one on one, but now he doesn't stand a chance! I racked up more debt yesterday than I did in our TF!

#538115 09/17/04 08:27 AM
Active
Active
I'm defintiely going to have to change my tactics... it's like starting all over again.

#538116 09/17/04 08:58 AM
Active
Active
After initially logging in, I decided to take a few hours away from Paragon City just 'cause it was so slow going. Signed back around 11PM and most of the lag was gone and the city was back to normal-ish levels.

I totally soloed and, yeah, everything is a lot harder. I haven't played with Captain Hottie but my other solo characters are taking longer to defeat thugs. It would be easier in a group, but I don't like the idea of having to sign on and wait until I can find a team to do anything.

I rerolled The Jade Enforcer, my cheesecake assasin's daughter and tried to get that stupid Outbreak badge until I ran out of patience and logged off. (You need to defeat 100 contaminated.) However, I hear sexy female characters get offers to be PowerLeveled (I had the term wrong before, it turns out PLing is when you add a low level character to a high level team so that the low level gets the mega-xp without the high levels having to do much work.) so maybe she'll advance fast once I take her into the city.

('course the power levelers are the reason why they upped the difficulty, too. Sigh. I don't get why TPTB just let them be.)

Played with my MA scrapper and yeah the new storm kick is way cool. The character does play much better, now.

Tried exploring the hollows and it does look pretty cool. Interestingly, there's a wide dispersion in thug levels for the zone. I initially ran into fives and, halfway into the zone, started running into 15s.

I soloed my lvl 13 scrapper against those Rularuu in GC and even then they seemed pretty tough. Yikes. If we get invaded this weekend this will be interesting.

#538117 09/17/04 11:17 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Aqua Lad Kid:
Are we ever going to run the Titans gang again? It seemed like the most frustrating experience, especially with the new invaders from that portal. I'll probably never touch Garth Tempest agin unless you guys want to.
I hope we do run the Tiatns again but there's no question that last night was very frustrating. Starting a new character in the middle of the "invasion" was probably not a great idea. We had no chance against most of them and kept dying, which mde it much less fun that it should have been.

I think we would have enjoyed it more as a group if we were using higher level chars than lvl 3-4.

Was it just me or did it seem harder to hit (much less kill) anyone we faced yetserday? Beauty is pretty powerful and used to be able to hold her own against just about anything including groups of 5-6 of her own level. I think she died more last night than she has in her entire existence! Ended up with over 1200 in debt. The lack of accuracy was startling. My impression is that it must have been adjusted downward. She's never missed so much.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#538118 09/17/04 11:34 AM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by CM3 Vee:
Originally posted by Aqua Lad Kid:
[b]Are we ever going to run the Titans gang again? It seemed like the most frustrating experience, especially with the new invaders from that portal. I'll probably never touch Garth Tempest agin unless you guys want to.
I hope we do run the Tiatns again but there's no question that last night was very frustrating. Starting a new character in the middle of the "invasion" was probably not a great idea. We had no chance against most of them and kept dying, which mde it much less fun that it should have been.

I think we would have enjoyed it more as a group if we were using higher level chars than lvl 3-4.

Was it just me or did it seem harder to hit (much less kill) anyone we faced yetserday? Beauty is pretty powerful and used to be able to hold her own against just about anything including groups of 5-6 of her own level. I think she died more last night than she has in her entire existence! Ended up with over 1200 in debt. The lack of accuracy was startling. My impression is that it must have been adjusted downward. She's never missed so much. [/b]
I found I was having accuracy issues with SL, but I wasn't sure if it was because they were harder or because I had accidentally replaced my accuracy enhancement on my heal when I got the SO.

Linus was having trouble this morning, too, but I hadn't played him in a while so I wasn't sure. And I thought the ones I fought were just plain harder to kill.

I hope there's massive protest on the board. I've never posted there, but maybe I'll send them an e-mail. I'll give it the weekend before I make my final decision.

My hubby has characters on both accounts, though, so we may have to keep them both. In that case I'll probably stick around at least casually until December. The Sims 2 will be on my Christmas list.

#538119 09/17/04 12:52 PM
Active
Active
The message board is down right now, but I did compose a message along those lines... I'm planning on trying to post it as soon as the MB is back.

BTW, Seymour I talk about you in my post and summarize my perception of your feelings. I haven't played enough to get a feel for my reaction to the changes, but you bring up a concern of mine. Hope I don't misstate you horribly.

(Tho the conversation was about the "casual player" and my main point is that there's more than one kind of casual player and -- IMO, natch -- there's a lot of CoH players who play a lot but don't want to have to be total CoH geeks to get to see the cool stuff that comes later. It doesn't have to be fast, but we want to feel like we're approaching the next level.)

#538120 09/17/04 02:12 PM
Leader
Leader
I look forward to seeing what you write. What's your sign on, so I can keep an eye out for it.?

I've just been on the boards looking at the many complaints about it. It sounds like some of them are bugs they'r fixing, but the official list doesn't include any of my concerns.

#538121 09/17/04 02:13 PM
Deputy
Deputy
It's nice to hear that it wasn't only me
who thought that everyone had been gimped.
I got Siphoniator up to level 5 in about
an hour and a half of play the day before
yesterday. By that time, I was taking 1s
out with one blast, and twos with two. After
Issue 2 came out, it took TWO blasts to take
out a level 1 Hellion and THREE to take out a
level 2... and I was a FIVE!!!

That's sprockin' ridiculous!

A friend of mine who's a level 36 empathy
defender told me that she and another friend
of hers couldn't even finish the cape mish ...

I really think that they screwed up this update
... the casual gamer isn't giong to play if they
make it too hard to get anywhere ... and I play
a lot more than most casual gamers do ...

#538122 09/17/04 02:17 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Guys, I'm going to run Star Kallor again to
see if I can get the points I need to hit 12.
I'll be soloing in King's Row against 8s and
9s ... not great XP, but I think I can do that
without dying and I only need about 400 poitns
to level when you add in debt...

#538123 09/17/04 02:42 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Just read the board. Lots of people are
very angry. Wonder if anything will be
done about it?

#538124 09/17/04 03:01 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
I look forward to seeing what you write. What's your sign on, so I can keep an eye out for it.?
I'm CrocoLyle on the boards since they won't allow the account/board names to match. The thread can be found here . There's a lot of noise on the board, most of it consisting of someone complaining and then the posters ganging up and calling that person stupid or lazy with whiny mixed in.

I've just been on the boards looking at the many complaints about it. It sounds like some of them are bugs they'r fixing, but the official list doesn't include any of my concerns.

Yeah, I think the noise is loud enough so hopefully they'll get this fixed quickly...

#538125 09/17/04 04:04 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Whew.

I finally got the points I needed to get
Star Kallor up to 12. I hunted in King's
Row. Not a lot of XP to be gathered per
kill, but at least I didn't die. It took
me about 2 hours to get the points I needed
to level, and I still have about 40 points
of debt.

I hope that we can play together as a team
soon. As tough as last night was, I'm not
ready to give up on the game yet. I really
enjoy playing with all of you, and I'd like
to see just how well we do as a full team...
especially on Infinity which I honestly think
has the potential to be a better set of chars
than the ones on Virtue ...

#538126 09/17/04 04:06 PM
Active
Active
Sounds like we're headed towards a meetup on Infinity then?

#538127 09/17/04 04:44 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by LyleLyle:
Sounds like we're headed towards a meetup on Infinity then?
I'm down with that. Right now Vee and I are
on Virtue, but I'd prefer to try out my new
power. accelerate metabolism. 8-)

#538128 09/17/04 06:03 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Andrew is totally useless now.

Vee and I were playing Condo and Andrew
and trying to fight the alien invaders. A
large number of heroes had assembled to shut
down the alien portal as it appeared. We joined
in. The plan was to knock the portal down and
try to keep them from appearing. When they
showed up, we'd fly away and come back when our
health was restored.

Condo did all right because he was able to
snipe and do damage from a distance, but
Andrew has to go in and actually punch things
to do any damage.

So it was punch punch ... get stunned ... almost
die while waiting for the stun to wear off, and
then run ... heal, and repeat.

For all this, I got 21 xp and 22 debt relief.

I died 3-4 times tonight ... and did no real
damage to any of the baddies while doing it.

The bottom line is that it wasn't fun.

And I'm done.

I'm not going to play Andrew again until they
fix that damn stun power so that a tank has a
chance of actually doing some damage. The whole
thing that a tank is supposed to do is serve as
a meat shield as they call it-- but I can't do
that if I die in four seconds.

When they fix it ... if they fix it ... then
I'll play Andrew again. But right now I can't
stand the thought of playing the guy ...

frown

I'm still in for Infinity and Protector and our
various other teams, but I'm not going to play
Andrew for a good long time. And the other tanks
aren't going to be a lot of fun either, I'm sure.

Right now I'm just totally pissed off...

#538129 09/17/04 06:13 PM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by LyleLyle:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
[b]I look forward to seeing what you write. What's your sign on, so I can keep an eye out for it.?
I'm CrocoLyle on the boards since they won't allow the account/board names to match. The thread can be found here . There's a lot of noise on the board, most of it consisting of someone complaining and then the posters ganging up and calling that person stupid or lazy with whiny mixed in.

Yeah, I think the noise is loud enough so hopefully they'll get this fixed quickly... [/b]
That sounds like a decent summary of my thoughts. I agree that I don't want to level to 50 in a week, but like I saw someone mention on a different thread, if I play for an hour, I don't want to have to pull out a ruler to see if I gained a millimeter of XP.

If I go up to a single lieutenant of the same level, I don't want to have to use up all my inspirations and then still run behind the police drone to survive (like I had to do with Linus this morning, and he's got 4 good offense powers). Controllers were already almost impossible to solo after 7 or so, and defenders after 12, and now it's even worse. And nothing I saw from the devs sounded like they were adressing the general spike in difficulty, just a few specific bugs like the Ritki sword.

I guess we'll see what happens over the weekend.

#538130 09/17/04 06:30 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
From what I'm seeing I have to agree. Not that I can really concentrate too much on the new patch with this crap still in my system but they seemed to have done nothing for the heroes this time around.

Lightning has always been the red-headed stepchild of the blasters, the bottom of the tier. But now its even worse. My miss percentage has spiked way up and I'm doing less damage to villains 2 levels lower than I am than before the patch. Like you all, I don't want to jump to level 50 overnight but I want to see a steady progression. And with a lightning blaster there is just no way right now to do that. Garth, on Virtue, will never hit 15 with his debt level and xp needed. Unless I want to join a group and just hover while they do all the work.

Even my fire blasters aren't doing as well as before but they can still at least solo and gain some xp. If we do play Virtue it'll be Dirk for me for awhile. On Infinity I'll have to pass. I'm really not up to starting over a new character from scratch again and Lightning Ranzz is the only character I have there.

On top of all of this, it seem no matter what server I'm on it goes offline after a few minutes. I switch to a different one then that one goes off. What's up? Are there really that many players out there who were not playing and have now only logged in because of the update? That's not fair to regular players.

Okay, gotta quit. My head feels like its going to explode.

Page 43 of 70 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,025
Posts1,045,853
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Kid Beetle, Star Boy
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Raging Bull
Raging Bull
The open range
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star