Roll Call
0 members (), 28 Murran Spies, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 01:53 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 01:51 PM
Books you are looking for to help with your collection.
by Ann Hebistand - 06/01/24 06:00 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 06/01/24 04:37 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:32 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:28 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:25 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:23 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 45 of 70 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 69 70
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire
#538156 09/22/04 08:39 AM
Active
Active
I'm soooo bummed I couldn't get on last night, but I can't wait to see what this last mish looks like. I was getting really frustrated trying to figure out the problem (thankfully I have a boyfriend who can set up a router and such). Uhm.... you guys took a few steps towards that embalmed badge?

Overall, I'd say a group of four makes for much, much easier Task Force. The foes we were getting were easier (past tense, I don't want to jinx the last mish) and managable.

The lower level game is back to normal, IMO. I haven't played much with my powergamer fire/dev blaster because he's level 15 and I want him to do the positron TF and haven't found a good time for it. He did go hellion hunting last night, tho and got his badge for that. The main thing, tho, is that my lower level characters are making it through the game, though there may indeed be a need to adjust tactics.

(Doc come back!)

The big change to me is that the thugs have gotten a new, improved AI. Their line of sight has been expanded, so it's more likely they'll see you and we can't take for granted that group A can be engaged without getting group B's aggro... especially if group B is above you (something we learned in the worst way). They also send out true patrols, so when you take an end rest have someone watching all sides. I kinda like this increased bit of difficulty since it requires a little bit more strategic thinking.

They really pushed The Hollows into the game, didn't they? I've got four characters who've been sent there, all but two at fairly separate levels (5, 5, 8, 13). From what I've read, there's a chain of missions and contacts that lead to the Hollows trial.

#538157 09/22/04 10:34 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I think every single contact (all different chars) I've been to in the past week has sent me to see David Wilcox in the Hollows.

It does feel as if the lower levels have been somewhat re-readjusted back to where they were before issue #2. I still think that our accuracy has definitely been reduced somewhat however.

Last night we saw mostly 15s & 16s but we did manage to make it through with just the three of us. I'll admit that we've gotten very dependent on having Prism do scouting and confusing to weaken mobs. Took as a while to adjust to his absence.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#538158 09/22/04 10:35 AM
Active
Active
Okay ok, i'm back... smile I was playing a 19th level character this morning, and really enjoyed it.. smile It looks like they're getting the bugs all worked out.

I've been working on getting badges lately.. that seems to be more fun than trying to level. I get alot more frustrated when I focus on leveling, and have a lot more fun when just focusing on badges and missions.

Debt is no longer a worry.... smile

"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"
#538159 09/22/04 10:39 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Actually, I think the increased mission xp has made leveling by doing continuous missions much easier than it was before. At least seems that way to me.

#538160 09/22/04 12:27 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by DMSpeedy:
I've been working on getting badges lately.. that seems to be more fun than trying to level. I get alot more frustrated when I focus on leveling, and have a lot more fun when just focusing on badges and missions.
Yeah, the badges are fun. I'm trying to work out a checklist for myself so I can remember which steps I've taken with which characters.

The history badges are cool, I like the extra backstory there.

Which gives me an opening to ask... anybody want to get together to do a badge hunt this weekend?

Originally posted by CM3 Vee:
Actually, I think the increased mission xp has made leveling by doing continuous missions much easier than it was before. At least seems that way to me.
I think you're right -- the mish XP has been higher, which I like because it gives missions an advantage over random XP farming.

#538161 09/22/04 06:24 PM
Leader
Leader
Lyle and SLK, come on to Infinity. My hubby needed the account, so we can't finish TF tonight. We'll figure out something for the weekend.

#538162 09/23/04 05:43 PM
Active
Active
I love collecting Badges! smile

You can go to the website below if you want to cheat and now where and how all the badges and plaques are...

Spoiler Link:
City of Heroes Badge and Plaque Locator

"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"
#538163 11/05/04 11:24 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
We haven't reached the breaking point yet. We were only at 1754 posts I think.

#538164 09/23/04 07:29 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And to check your coordinates use /loc. For some it will help.

#538165 09/24/04 06:20 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by LyleLyle:
Originally posted by DMSpeedy:
[b]I've been working on getting badges lately.. that seems to be more fun than trying to level. I get alot more frustrated when I focus on leveling, and have a lot more fun when just focusing on badges and missions.
Yeah, the badges are fun. I'm trying to work out a checklist for myself so I can remember which steps I've taken with which characters.[/b]
I'm working on an Excel spreadsheet that lists all the info and you can use it to keep track of which ones each Hero has or needs. I'll let you know when it's done if you want a copy.

#538166 09/24/04 09:26 AM
Active
Active
I'm working on an Excel spreadsheet that lists all the info and you can use it to keep track of which ones each Hero has or needs. I'll let you know when it's done if you want a copy.
Heh, sounds like we've got the same idea. Let's compare notes when we're done.

BTW, a couple more great badge sites:

http://www.unseen.net/coh/badges.php

http://www.upallnightgaming.com/Default.aspx?tabid=192#

So, who feels like taking to LoV out for a Kraken hunt? Captain Hottie joined a fight against one but didn't get the badge for it (tho he did get 100 XP) guess you gotta get the kill shot if you're not in a group.

#538167 09/24/04 11:49 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Okay, got the first draft of the Excel speadsheet done. It's in Excel and I don't know if this will work but I've uploaded it to the following web address

Let me know if you have any problems getting it.

Edited to remove broken link. See message below for corrected link.

#538168 09/24/04 11:56 AM
Active
Active
I'm getting an error with the file name -- it looks like there's a character added to replace a space, maybe that's it?

#538169 09/24/04 12:00 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Yep, I think you're right. Try it now.

Vee\'s CoH Badge Spreadsheet

#538170 09/24/04 12:11 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by LyleLyle:
[b]I'm working on an Excel spreadsheet that lists all the info and you can use it to keep track of which ones each Hero has or needs. I'll let you know when it's done if you want a copy.
Heh, sounds like we've got the same idea. Let's compare notes when we're done.

BTW, a couple more great badge sites:

http://www.unseen.net/coh/badges.php

http://www.upallnightgaming.com/Default.aspx?tabid=192#

So, who feels like taking to LoV out for a Kraken hunt? Captain Hottie joined a fight against one but didn't get the badge for it (tho he did get 100 XP) guess you gotta get the kill shot if you're not in a group.[/b]
The unseen.net site is excellent. It will help tremendously in completing & correcting my spreadsheet. Thanks for the link!

#538171 09/24/04 01:44 PM
Active
Active
Another good site:
http://coh.artphobia.net/

#538172 09/24/04 02:33 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I created XS Ive last night as a Kinetic
Defender-- because I didn't want to wait
until level 14 to have super speed! 8-)

I ran two mishs last night that were rather
interesting. In the first one, I found that
the Dance Club is actually used for the old
low level "Bust Hellions at a Rave" mish ...
and in the second I was facing 5th column
... and they really dressed up the old
warehouse for that one! In some ways, it
was easier because there were doors that
sealed off each level ... so you only had to
deal with a few Ratzis at a time ... it really
made me feel like I was infilitrating a major
base ... it has whetted my appetite to see what
some of the upper level door mishs are like
now ...

And oh yeah, XS Ive is on Virtue. 8-)

Oh, has anyone else noticed the audible element
has been tweaked now? You can hear police calls
by the drones, and the 5th Column Mish had a
vaguely Hitler like voice droning over
loudspeakers ... a small touch, but a nice one.

#538173 09/25/04 06:37 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Yay ... thanks to Scott and Caroline
last night, Blue picked up over 25
badges ... and one of them was near
the apartment of Apex and War Witch
from the comics (they live in Steel
Canyon, btw).

Thanks, guys. That was a lot of fun. 8-)

Oh, and I finally got to see-- and help
kill--the kraken! That was neat, though
I'd been expecting something more
cthuluian ...

#538174 09/26/04 08:12 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
That Kraken was nothing like the very first one I had spotted. That one towered over the wall and was more earthen in color. Guess they've made some changes to it.

And I think we've got all the AP, KR, Galaxy and Steel badges. With the exception of the Positron TF badge that is. I still want to know why Garth didn't get it automatically when the update went live. I've heard that others have gotten it without having to redo the TF.

#538175 09/27/04 05:07 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Deathstroke Lad:
That Kraken was nothing like the very first one I had spotted. That one towered over the wall and was more earthen in color. Guess they've made some changes to it.

And I think we've got all the AP, KR, Galaxy and Steel badges. With the exception of the Positron TF badge that is. I still want to know why Garth didn't get it automatically when the update went live. I've heard that others have gotten it without having to redo the TF.
Blue never did the Positron Task Force. Blue,
Lady, and Gung started it, but we quit after
dying about 5 or 6 times, I think.

You know, I haven't checked to see if Andrew
has it or not.

#538176 09/27/04 06:17 AM
Active
Active
Reportedly, they're datamining on the TF badges and rewarding them as they find it. I'd expect that would mean that the more recently you finished the TF the sooner you'll get the badge but SLK says that Pete never got his badge.

Prism got his as soon as he signed on (after the update) but lost it when he re-did the TF.

They won't be datamining anything beyond TFs, tho, because it'll take too long to try to figure out how many helloins, bone daddies, etc every character's taken out. Hm, I think they are datamining on the mission badges, tho.

Apparently, too, there's some annoying behaviour going on with high-level badge seekers. KSing in Perez to get that Hellion badge, running around asking to team on specific low-level missions, etc.

Does anyone know what the max level for the Cave of Transcendence TF is? I'd like Prism to play that but it looks like he's also got a Vaz storyline he's working on. I do want to see the Cave tho.

#538177 09/27/04 07:54 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Condo didn't get the Positron badge either but I hope it eventually gets awarded.

There is alot of KSing going on. I was working on Condo's debt by killing Tsoo in Steel late last night when I got power back and had higher level chars come along and kill my Sorceror, Iron Hands and Dragon Flies a number of times. The Tsoo badge is only for bosses so they ignored the minions and Ancestral Spirits (guess they don't realize Sorcerors are lieuts also). Only takes one hit for a level 27 to take out a lvl 15 Boss so I guess it's an easy way for them to earn the badge.

I've also seen lots of upper level chars BEGGING to be allowed on teams doing lower level missions (like Spelunker) Some are even willing to pay to be allowed on. Some are polite about it and I don't mind them but others seem to be spiteful if you turn them down.

Got invited to a Synapse XP mission early this AM and UltraStar is correct about it being a great way to level quickly. Condo had just levled to 18 & only had about 64 xp into the first bubble. In the course of 1 hour he got about 6-7 bubbles into 18. The group had to break up at that point but it really is a fast way to level. Considering how long it took him to get to 18, this is really amazing progress. I'd say you can get from 18 to 20 in about 2-3 hours by doing it.

#538178 09/27/04 08:03 AM
Active
Active
I was working on Condo's debt by killing Tsoo in Steel late last night when I got power back
Yaaaay!

and had higher level chars come along and kill my Sorceror, Iron Hands and Dragon Flies a number of times. The Tsoo badge is only for bosses so they ignored the minions and Ancestral Spirits (guess they don't realize Sorcerors are lieuts also).
Actually, I think there's a badge for sorcerors... the Tracer badge.

I actually got pretty good a few nights ago coming up to groups and just agrroing the Damned boss. I figured that way the street cleaners would still have a group to kill if they came by before the boss respawned.

#538179 09/27/04 08:10 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Yeah, I changed my tactics also. Targeted the boss right away and ignored the minions rather than trying to snipe minions and pull them away from the group. Had to run away a few times but survived. If the "street sweepers" come by and killed the bosses, I got xp for it anyway and then took out the minions. laugh

#538180 09/27/04 08:13 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And then I had fun "Broadcasting" their names as Kill Stealers and telling them to go mess with someone elses mobs and to leave mine alone.

Page 45 of 70 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,025
Posts1,045,849
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Kid Beetle, Star Boy
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Lolita
Lolita
Right by Cobie's Side
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star