Roll Call
0 members (), 52 Murran Spies, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
What I found today at my LCS!
by thoth lad - 06/02/24 03:22 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 02:37 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 01:53 PM
Books you are looking for to help with your collection.
by Ann Hebistand - 06/01/24 06:00 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 06/01/24 04:37 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:32 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:28 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:25 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 48 of 70 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 69 70
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire
#538231 09/29/04 02:31 PM
Deputy
Deputy
So, does anyone know hwo many badges you have to get in a given set before you win the prizes
they're handing out? I think it was an in-game
broadcast that had someone saying he got a
Crey freeze pistol and it really kicked butt.
I saw someone the other day with an actual wand,
I've never seen that before ...

#538232 09/29/04 02:52 PM
Active
Active
The prizes are tied to "Accolade Bages" which you get after collecting a particular set of badges, tho people are still trying to figure out the exact ones.

The easiest one looks like the Atlas Medalion which offers an END bonus and includes the Bastion TF and badges for defeating villains we havent't seen yet, so we won't be thinking of it for a while.

#538233 09/29/04 03:04 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by LyleLyle:
The prizes are tied to "Accolade Bages" which you get after collecting a particular set of badges, tho people are still trying to figure out the exact ones.

The easiest one looks like the Atlas Medalion which offers an END bonus and includes the Bastion TF and badges for defeating villains we havent't seen yet, so we won't be thinking of it for a while.
Sigh ...

I'm playing Colorific right now. I'm 6 bubbles
towards 10, and I'm hoping to get there before
Smallville comes on tonight. Anyone who wants
to join me is welcome. 8-)

#538234 09/29/04 03:07 PM
Active
Active
...oh, and the freeze pistol is associated with the "Conspiracy Theorist" badge that you get from getting all the Crey-themed badges.

#538235 09/29/04 04:29 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by LyleLyle:
...oh, and the freeze pistol is associated with the "Conspiracy Theorist" badge that you get from getting all the Crey-themed badges.
Oh yeah. That'll be a while then. That's in the
30s, I think.

And I got Color up to 10, and he did get siphon
speed. Tough choice, though ... superior invisibility was also available ...

#538236 09/30/04 05:06 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Hey, guys.

I had fun last night, even though the mish
turned out to be a bit hairier than I thought
it'd be. I like working with you guys.

Now if we can just get Garth and Tas up to 16
we can try that XP farming ... 8-)

Do we want to shoot for some more Virtue
Legion this weekend?

#538237 09/30/04 05:43 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm just glad I finally have another character over 15. It seems I hit 14 and hit a ceiling of not being able to advance.

Working with Condo before everyone else showed up last night was really helping getting me moving though. A lot more than expeditions to IP did with Gung when I was trying to get him leveled. I think I have Garth more balanced with damages basically loaded to all of his powers. I'm finding that accuracy and range really don't give enough benefit to waste a slot on.

Now Garth can finally use his SO he earned during the TF. So I slotted it and an extra damage DO to his Snipe power. I have 4 damage and 1 range slotted. And as soon as I can afford it I'll slot out the range for damage. Can't wait to see what he can do now with the SO slotted. First character with one.

#538238 09/30/04 05:44 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I think I'll be going for Haste and Stamina for him for his next powers. Not sure what is coming up on his primary and secondary.

#538239 09/30/04 06:07 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Just saw this posted on the CoH website.

Statesman HoC Chat
Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Tuesday, Oct. 5, 3PM PDT

Jack "Statesman" Emmert, Cryptic Studios’ Creative Director and CoH Lead Designer, will be front and center in IRC chat on Tuesday, October 5th (3pm PDT/5pm CDT/6pm EDT) to discuss all things City of Heroes. Here’s your chance to ask questions about CoH’s past, present and future and have the "Big Guy" himself give you the facts.

Just tune into #StraticsHoC on Stratics IRC. For those with Java installed, Stratics’ IRC HoC Java Chat applet will allow you to automatically join #StraticsHoC by entering a nickname and clicking on the Chat! button. Otherwise, you can connect to the servers by using either mIRC, pirch, Ircle, one of your favorite Linux chat clients, or one of the Java applets listed on the Stratics site and entering one of the following servers:

irc.frws.com port 6667• USA - Colorado
irc.glowfish.de port 6667 EU -• Germany
irc2.frws.com port 6667• USA – Colorado
irc.stratics.com (re-routing to one of the above• servers)

Once connected, simply type /join #StraticsHoC to stop by.

See you there on October 5th!

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#538240 09/30/04 06:17 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Deathstroke Lad:
I'm just glad I finally have another character over 15. It seems I hit 14 and hit a ceiling of not being able to advance.

Working with Condo before everyone else showed up last night was really helping getting me moving though. A lot more than expeditions to IP did with Gung when I was trying to get him leveled.
It was fun wasn't it? If you hadn't run into those lvl 29s, we might have gotten you leveled sooner.

I think I have Garth more balanced with damages basically loaded to all of his powers. I'm finding that accuracy and range really don't give enough benefit to waste a slot on.
I agree with you wholeheartedly on this. Condo is completely slotted with damage now except for one slot dedicated to end reduction on each of his attacks. As soon as he gets stamina, that will change over to damage as well.

I had accuracy on a few of them and also felt that they really didn't do much at all. The only other enhancement I would consider is recharge reduction on any power that has a long recharge time. But, with energy anyway, I've found that my one of the attacks is usually availble even withour a recharge reduction installed.

Now Garth can finally use his SO he earned during the TF. So I slotted it and an extra damage DO to his Snipe power. I have 4 damage and 1 range slotted. And as soon as I can afford it I'll slot out the range for damage. Can't wait to see what he can do now with the SO slotted. First character with one.
For what it's worth, it seemed like Garth was much more potent last night even before he leveled. The additional damage enhancements seem to have helped a great deal.

#538241 09/30/04 06:23 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm glad you saw that. I thought I was just imagining it since I hadn't played him for awhile. But before we met up I changed out 4 or 5 wasted slots for Damage DO's. I think only one or two of his damage powers now has something other than a damage in it. One of them being his snipe because I couldn't bring myself to destroy a range DO that I foolishly bought before figuring out that slotting all damage is the way to go.

And I'd still like the slap the nass out of the bastich that didn't clean up his ambush. Has anyone else noticed this? I see it a lot in KR. Groups of baddies in the high 20's/low 30's that someone left behind after a mission. They should just evaporate after awhile instead of slapping down some low level chump (like Garth) who runs (or flies) by without seeing them. I would have thought Garth low enough level to not even peek their interest but they knocked his butt right out of the air.

#538242 09/30/04 06:33 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I think I'll be going for Haste and Stamina for him for his next powers. Not sure what is coming up on his primary and secondary.
Have you tried Hero Planner? I got it when Lyle mentioned on this thread earlier. It's a great program that lets you see every power as it comes available and gives you the opportunity to plan out your startegy as far as power selection as well as where you'll place your slots (and with what enhancements).

BTW, Looks like you're going to have Hasten, Build Up, Tesla Cage, & Health availble at 16.

#538243 09/30/04 06:48 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I downloaded it when it came out but have never used it. I'll have to give it a look now and see.

Now, about Build Up. Have any of you used it? I've heard a lot of pros and cons about it and, to me, it seems pretty well up in the air if it is worth it or not.

#538244 09/30/04 06:52 AM
Active
Active
Yay!! My 20th level tank on Victory has a cape! The cape mish was pretty easy, actually, as long as you take your time and don't rush in.

Woo-Hoo!!

"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"
#538245 09/30/04 07:04 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
That's cool DM! I've head a lot of complaints about the cape mish lately. Glad you was able to get through it easily.

#538246 09/30/04 07:07 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Okay, I just downloaded Hero Planner and the 1.55 update. Tesla Cage isn't available until 18. And why does an electrical blaster not get the power that holds a foe without them being able to move until level 18? All the other blasters get their equivilant (say Freeze Ray for an Ice Blaster) at a much lower level, usually 8. Yet more proof in how unfairly treated electrical blasters are compared to others.

#538247 09/30/04 07:08 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
One of my chars has it. It really does increase your damage tremendously but only lasts for maybe 10 seconds, then takes quite a while to recharge. I think it's slotted with a recharge ( maybe 10++). Perhaps additional slots of recharge would help. (BTW, according to Hero Planner, Build Up recharges in 90 seconds) Maybe once you have Hasten as well you get more benefit from it.

I would probably take health next if I were you so you can get Stamina as soon as it's available at 20. That's going to be much power important for you because of the endurance benefit.

#538248 09/30/04 07:11 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Okay, I just downloaded Hero Planner and the 1.55 update. Tesla Cage isn't available until 18. And why does an electrical blaster not get the power that holds a foe without them being able to move until level 18? All the other blaster get their equivilant (say Freeze Ray for an Ice Blaster) at a much lower level, usually 8. Yet more proof in how unfairly treated electrical blasters are treated compared to others.
Energy doesn't even get a hold, so there laugh It does have Bone Smasher (at 10), which is a punch with disorient but they continue to move around while dazed, and you have to get close enough to punch them.

#538249 09/30/04 07:15 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Vee:
One of my chars has it. It really does increase your damage tremendously but only lasts for maybe 10 seconds, then takes quite a while to recharge. I think it's slotted with a recharge ( maybe 10++). Perhaps additional slots of recharge would help. (BTW, according to Hero Planner, Build Up recharges in 90 seconds) Maybe once you have Hasten as well you get more benefit from it.

I would probably take health next if I were you so you can get Stamina as soon as it's available at 20. That's going to be much power important for you because of the endurance benefit.
I think I'm going with Health since that is what I passed up for Flight. I really need Stamina, as most Blasters do.

#538250 09/30/04 07:16 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Vee:
[b]Okay, I just downloaded Hero Planner and the 1.55 update. Tesla Cage isn't available until 18. And why does an electrical blaster not get the power that holds a foe without them being able to move until level 18? All the other blaster get their equivilant (say Freeze Ray for an Ice Blaster) at a much lower level, usually 8. Yet more proof in how unfairly treated electrical blasters are treated compared to others.
Energy doesn't even get a hold, so there laugh It does have Bone Smasher (at 10), which is a punch with disorient but they continue to move around while dazed, and you have to get close enough to punch them.[/b]
Yeah but they get Build Up at level 4!

#538251 09/30/04 08:25 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by DMSpeedy:
Yay!! My 20th level tank on Victory has a cape! The cape mish was pretty easy, actually, as long as you take your time and don't rush in.

Woo-Hoo!!
Congrats DM! Be sure to post a pic so we can see him in all his glory!

I've decided that Condo WILL get a cape. The poor guy deserves it, even if his uniform wasn't really designed for a cape. Maybe I'll have to get him a second uniform as well so he can sport his cape properly! laugh

#538252 09/30/04 08:55 AM
Active
Active
FYI, I got a response from Cryptic on my petition last night...

Thank you for the report. Is this your mission, or was it another players? If this is your reason this might be the reason you only received the extra bonus experience points. Any specific information that you can provide us will help us resolve this issue.
So, anyway, I wrote them back with some explanations into the situation and tried (we'll see if it sinks in ) to explain that I didn't get bonus mission XP I got the only XP while everyone else got none.

Seymour, perhaps we should try it again and see if only you get XP?

#538253 09/30/04 09:24 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I missed posting this while I was out sick.

[Linked Image]

#538254 09/30/04 09:33 AM
Active
Active
I've used accuracy buffs and I've felt like they help, tho I still miss... perhaps there's a rule that you're not supposed to ever get past a certain chance of hitting? I think Prism's got Flash double slotted with accuracy, because it does seem to miss a lot otherwise, but pretty much every other place where's I've slotted accuracy I've used just one.

With my scrappers and blasters the formula I'm now persuing is one accuracy and fill the rest with damage, unless that power has any additional effects (like there's a claw power with a DEF debuff).

#538255 09/30/04 09:43 AM
Active
Active
Hm, got a response to my response already. I'm not so thrilled...

Thank you for replying. Not all missions will reward teammates with XP for completing the mission. Other factors that can contribute to temmates XP is the time on the mission map, and the level of the hero versus the mobs fought. However, if any player feels that they should have recieved XP, I would encourage themn to file bug reports by typing /bug in the chat window. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reply to this email and we will assist you further.
My response...

Thank you very much for the quick response. My teammates were with me for the entire mission and this was a very difficult mission with several mobs with 2 or 3 Eidons. This mission required a team (there were three bombs we had to disarm and they had to be disarmed at the same time) so it, quite frankly, doesn't make sense to me for the mission not to have XP for completion. I mean, this mission couldn't be completed without my teammates and it difficult enough to bring on a few deaths. In other missions I could see not getting team XP, but this one was pretty high-risk for the team, it seems like they should have gotten a little of the debt accumilated back in such a difficult mission.

Page 48 of 70 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,025
Posts1,045,853
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Kid Beetle, Star Boy
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Stargazer
Stargazer
Conroe Texas
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star