Roll Call
0 members (), 29 Murran Spies, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
What I found today at my LCS!
by thoth lad - 06/02/24 03:22 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 02:37 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 01:53 PM
Books you are looking for to help with your collection.
by Ann Hebistand - 06/01/24 06:00 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 06/01/24 04:37 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:32 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:28 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:25 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 60 of 70 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 69 70
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire
#538531 10/23/04 09:18 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I didn't see anyone playing tonight, so I
played Bluette some more and got her up to
11. (Making me very hungry to get her up to
14 and flight!)

#538532 10/23/04 09:40 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I put Garth to bed and played on Freedom with Janice van Dorn. Got her up to 11 and a couple of bubbles.

#538533 10/24/04 05:17 AM
Leader
Leader
I was D&Ding last night, but I hope to get on some time today.

As for powers, according to the book that came with the game, nothing new unlocks at 30, but you do get to choose another power. You also get to choose at 32 -- then it goes every three. And starting with 31, you get three new enhancement slots on those levels.

Grats on hitting 18 Garth! And, Vee, I like that idea. I would like to play Linus a bit more, but I really want to get Princess her cape now too. So many choices! smile

#538534 10/24/04 05:42 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
I was D&Ding last night, but I hope to get on some time today.

As for powers, according to the book that came with the game, nothing new unlocks at 30, but you do get to choose another power. You also get to choose at 32 -- then it goes every three. And starting with 31, you get three new enhancement slots on those levels.

Grats on hitting 18 Garth! And, Vee, I like that idea. I would like to play Linus a bit more, but I really want to get Princess her cape now too. So many choices! smile
Hey, Seymour! Good to hear from you! I was beginning to wonder where you'd gone off to. 8-)

I know what you mean about capes, though. I want
to get Star his cape too ... but first I gotta
get him up to 16 so I can play around with
mutate.

Scott, when Star gets mutate do you think you
could bust out Lightning Ranzz long enough for
him to get killed so I could try it out on him?
laugh

I'd love to play either Star or Andrew today as
I'm looking forward to getting Andy a new costume
too. 8-)

#538535 10/24/04 07:01 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'll be on today as well. SO I'll look for you guys on either Virtue or Infinity

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#538536 10/24/04 02:08 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I was up too late (like 7:00 AM) playing around with Janice. She won a costume/description contest and got 500,000 influence! She is one of only two characters that I've even bothered to do a description for. But the 41st lvl guy running the contest was impressed, especially when he realized she was based on the look of Countess Crey. Now I've got more than enough influence do get DO's as soon as I hit 12.

#538537 10/24/04 03:22 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
So, does anyone have any idea when the invasion they've been hinting at is going to happen? They had their little 'emergency meeting' announcement on Friday. I'm thinking we'll get a server wide event for Halloween but after the last one, the eyestalk aliens and stuff after the update, failed I don't hold out much hope for a new one working right.

#538538 10/24/04 08:27 PM
Deputy
Deputy
They should have a Halloween event, but I
wonder what it'd be? Maybe since they've
been talking up the 5th Column it'll be
Nazi vampires? 8-)

#538539 10/24/04 08:42 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Great work tonight everyone! I really can't believe Garth has gone from 17 to 19 in two days! I'm really jonsing for a cape now that its so close.

#538540 10/24/04 08:50 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Great work tonight everyone! I really can't believe Garth has gone from 17 to 19 in two days! I'm really jonsing for a cape now that its so close.
General Shinybutt is very happy too. laugh

I really feel we've developed a good style of
play for our characters. We work very well
together as a team.

What we also need to do is work those things
out for the Infinity Legion sometime. laugh

#538541 10/24/04 08:52 PM
Active
Active
Fun night tonight. Congratulations on the progress, LL! Can't wait to see Garth in his cape! This game definitely goes in swings. At some points you don't want to even touch your character again!! Pete started the evening over 3k in debt. I was debating even using him. By the end of the night, he not only worked off the debt but made it another half a level to lvl.21!!!

#538542 10/24/04 09:18 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I've already decided I have to do the costume mission too so I can change Garth into his Adventure era outfit to make the cape work. I'll probably do the whole robot arm bit too.

Glad you got out of debt tonight SLK and that we only had 1 death. That's damn good for our group.

#538543 10/25/04 03:15 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Synapse definitely is much more fun than Positron, isn't it? When we did Positron with this size group, we had only completed the first mission after all day Sunday. And we had all died various times already!

Mysa is very anxious to get her cape! laugh

#538544 10/25/04 05:01 AM
Deputy
Deputy
On the whole, Clocks are a lot easier to fight
than Vahz, I think. Given that we can block the
Teslas with CM most of the time-- I can't
remember reading if those stack-- that is if we
were attacked by enough Teslas we would wind
up being held even with CM or not-- it's more
or less a knock 'em down exercise so far.

The King is going to be the toughest thing of
all, but I think we're all going to be fairly
high by the time we reach him so it may not be
too bad.

Andrew started the TF 5 bubbles towards 20 and
when we stopped last night I think he was about
2 bubbles towards 21. I'm getting over a 1000 xp
per mish completion, so I expect to get really
close to 21-- maybe even over?-- by the time we
wrap this up.

And didn't someone say we'd be fighting Babbage
on this TF? That means we could wind up getting
our badge for that!

The influence is nice, too. Between the mish
itself and the selling of enhances Andrew picked
up at least 40k last night. 8-)

If most of us don't level out of 21 by the end
of this TF it might be worthwhile to mothball
our chars until Doc gets back and do the whole
thing all over again! 8-)

#538545 10/25/04 05:43 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Condo will be waiting to do Synapse with Doc and it's very likely that Prism, Garth & Tas will still be able to do so even with all the xp we're getting. Andrew, SL, Mysa, and Pete might have a problem when we're done or at least extrememly close, but the amount of xp needed as you move up each level gets significantly larger & larger. Who knows, they all might be able to do it again.

#538546 10/25/04 05:45 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I think Mysa is going to attempt her cape mish this afternoon/evening when I get hom from work. She's very anxious! laugh

#538547 10/25/04 06:25 AM
Active
Active
smile Vee, I would help Mysa get her cape. I can't wait to see Mysa in her new costume and with a cape to complete the loook. I know you probably want it to be a surprise, but I wonder if you are selecting a short or a long cape? At this point, I tend to like short capes on female chars. I am also excited to get Tasmia into her cape, and something else to wear. Been toying with the idea of taking the scowl off her face as well, but don't know. I do have a cape already on my tiny elf char that my high lvl friends pushed up the ranks really fast. She has a little short cape, and it is really fun to see the way it moves. One thing to watch out for are the selection of brooches to hold the cape on with. On female chars you can hardly see the badges they are so small. I will be thinking about Mysa today and sending 'her' good vibes. angel love

#538548 10/25/04 08:01 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Saturn Girl:
smile Vee, I would help Mysa get her cape. I can't wait to see Mysa in her new costume and with a cape to complete the loook. I know you probably want it to be a surprise, but I wonder if you are selecting a short or a long cape? At this point, I tend to like short capes on female chars. I am also excited to get Tasmia into her cape, and something else to wear. Been toying with the idea of taking the scowl off her face as well, but don't know. I do have a cape already on my tiny elf char that my high lvl friends pushed up the ranks really fast. She has a little short cape, and it is really fun to see the way it moves. One thing to watch out for are the selection of brooches to hold the cape on with. On female chars you can hardly see the badges they are so small. I will be thinking about Mysa today and sending 'her' good vibes. angel love
Thanks SG! I can't wait to see Tas get her cape also. I am torn between a long or short cape for Mysa. Guess I'll have to see which one looks best on her once she earns it. Thanks for the info on the brooch, since I've only done Condo that wasn't an issue. May not be worth the money if you can't see it on a female char.

I'll definitely wait to do the 2nd costume mish until there are others online, since I don't think she can handle the attack of the Tsoo outside ICON on her own.

#538549 10/25/04 09:08 AM
Active
Active
From The City of Heroes board :

Cheat Sheet
*Patrol 5 locations in Steel Canyon
*Defeat 30 Clockwork
*See Positron in Steel Canyon
*Door
*Door
*Door
*Patrol 2 locations in Steel Canyon
*Door
*Patrol 5 locations in Steel Canyon(should be able to call Synapse now)
*Defeat Big Bertha in Boomtown(door)
*Door (Long Tom)
*Door(rescue workers)
*Door(Clockwork Lord)
*Ambush by Babbage(usually when most of team has exited Clockwork Lord)
*Get Device from Positron(Usually)
*FINAL DOOR(Clockwork King)

The Task Force
Once the team is formed the leader needs to speak to Synapse. Synapse is located near the trainer in Skyway, just east of the Yellow Line Station. The leader accepts formation of the TF and gets the first mission. You should have the leader remain at Synapse & and 2 of your fastest members stationed at the train station at the start of the TF, becasue once formed your first task is to Patrol Steel Canyon (they need to visit 5 locations there). While your runners are patroling, have the remaining members scout for Clockworks in Skyway,but do not engage them. After the patrol is done the leader gets the 2nd task which is to arrest/defeat 30 Clockworks (grey cons count) now you have your team members engage the Clockworks they scouted, while the leader waits at Synapse. After the 30 Clockworks are defeated, the leader triggers the 3rd task. Someone must speak to Positron in Steel Canyon.

Positron is located in front of the big statue in Blyde Square. The leader may have need to speak to Synapse after that to flag/start the next 3 tasks which are door missions(Usually in Steel Canyon). After those missions the leader will need to return to Synapse, while the rest of the team waits in Steel Canyon, as the next task given is to Patrol 2 locations in Steel Canyon. The leader remains at Synapse while team members get the 2 locations/phones. After the patrol is done the leader speaks to Synapse to flag next task. It should be another door mission. When you exit the leader should be able to call Synapse. Patroling/visiting 5 locations in Steel Canyon is the next task. When that is done the leader calls in and you will be sent to Boomtown to defeat Big Bertha. Upon finishing that you will be sent to 4 door/warehouse missions First is defeat Long Tom. Now you are the home stretch. Three final missions. First is door, rescuing workers. Second is to defeat Clockwork Lord. Plan to be ambushed upon exiting by Babbage.

He isn't that hard. Next someone will usually need to run to Positron to pick up a device for use in the final battle.
And behind door number three.... is the Clockwork King and his court.You will need to make sure that everyone has clear inventory because everyone that completes the TF recieves a Single Origal enchancement. The King will also drop one that gets randomed to the group. That means everyone will get 1 but some lucky hero gets two.
It's a little out of date, but I suspect only the begining mission has changed. Babage is part of it, but it's an ambush, so we'll have to keep that in mind and prep for it.

Vee, Prism will probably be into repeating the TF with Condo. It'll be good prep for when Captain Hottie has to take the TF on with strangers.

As for your easrlier suggestion of setting up a "Server of the Day" schedule, I really like it. I guess the only other step would be to decide on a schedule.

Are we gonna try to finish the TF tonight? I got in to work early, so I should be able to get home a little eariler than usual, epseically since I don't have to do any shopping beforehand.

#538550 10/25/04 10:32 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
From the "cheat sheet" above you can see why the Synapse XP farming mission was so profitable before if was "fixed" (especially when you recall that each mission gave you about 1000 xp & 1000 influence.

You had one person stay at Synapse, one person (with flight or superspeed) stationed at the tram ready to go to Steel, and everyone else inside Skyway at the PP gate. Leader formed TF and speedsters immediately went to Steel to do the 5 call box patrol. In the meantime, the PP team found large groups of clocks in Bettis Hill and just hung out waiting their turn.

As soon as the patrol was finished (and everyone received 1000 xp & 1000 influence), the clock killing team went to work on the 30 poor lvl 7-10 clocks waiting to be massacred by lvl 15-21 heroes. That was usually accomplished within 5 minutes for a profit of 1000 xp & 1000 influence.

While the massacre took place, the speedster(s) in Steel made their way to Positron. As soon as the 30 clocks were finished off, they spoke to Positron and another 1000 xp & 1000 influence was earned (this group or char was sometimes ambushed upon speaking with Positron).

As soon as this mission was complete, everyone quit the TF and reformed it to start anew. All in all it took about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes for each cycle and you got about 3000 xp out of it. Do the cycle a few times and you made major progress in leveling and earned enourmous influence.

From my understanding, the change to Synapse simply involves a rearraging of mission order so that the quickies were no longer the first 3 missions and you now have to do a door mishes. Nothing else has changed though.

#538551 10/25/04 10:36 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Just dawned on me that Mysa may NOT be able to do her cape mission until we finish the TF. It's probably handled the same as any other mission. If you attempt them while still on the TF you are asked if you want to abandon the TF.

If so, I guess she'll just have to wait a little bit longer for her cape.

I'm game for trying to finish tonight but I don't know if everyone else is available.

#538552 10/25/04 12:29 PM
Active
Active
I'm available for tonight. Besides, I don't have anyone over level 3 on any of the servers you listed for Monday. smile

#538553 10/25/04 12:59 PM
Active
Active
Hmmm, I'm trying to combine our character lists into a table but I'm wondering if there's a more efficient way to keep this updated... anyone know if there's a really simple way to do a group database over the internet (so we can go and re-edit our own info)?

#538554 10/25/04 01:21 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I don't know if we'll be available tonight for the TF or not. Just a bunch of personal issues and we still have to go grocery shopping.

#538555 10/25/04 01:58 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Vee:
Just dawned on me that Mysa may NOT be able to do her cape mission until we finish the TF. It's probably handled the same as any other mission. If you attempt them while still on the TF you are asked if you want to abandon the TF.

If so, I guess she'll just have to wait a little bit longer for her cape.

I'm game for trying to finish tonight but I don't know if everyone else is available.
As I suspected frown

Page 60 of 70 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,025
Posts1,045,853
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Kid Beetle, Star Boy
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Raging Bull
Raging Bull
The open range
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star