Roll Call
0 members (), 19 Murran Spies, and 113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/17/24 11:37 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/17/24 11:09 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/17/24 11:08 AM
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/17/24 11:08 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/17/24 10:20 AM
Why he was arrested.
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/17/24 03:18 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
"Smallville" .... Season Three
#555475 01/05/04 05:23 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
well it was the return of "Smallville" here [ tonight ] in the UK !!!

i loved naughty Clark wink !!!

he had attitude !!! looking forward to the next episode to see more on Jonathan's "powers" !!!???

how's the season, progressing in the US ??

Matthew.

Re: "Smallville" .... Season Three
#555476 01/05/04 07:23 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
It's kind of on a little break right now. I think there'll be more new episodes again in a week or two.

To be honest, I've been a bit bored with the third season's episodes. There have been a few good ones but, for me, I think the problem is partly due to the fact that the Clark-Lana-Chloe dynamic has changed in a way that I personally don't particularly care for.

There's definitely been a lot of interesting developments with Lex, though. I won't spoil anything for you, but suffice it to say that Lex is probably turning out to be this season's most interesting character! wink

I hope you like the new episodes, Matthew... let us know what you think! smile

#555477 01/05/04 07:32 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Lex has always been the most interesting character, since the pilot. And I agree with Stu, Smallville just doesn't have the appeal it did last year. Heck, none of the new season does. I still haven't watched any of 24 and its my favorite show.

#555478 01/06/04 08:32 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by STU:
It's kind of on a little break right now. I think there'll be more new episodes again in a week or two.
so how many new ones run, until they take a break ?? and, is this done to catch up, on episodes taking longer to make ??

we don't have this sort of thing in the UK [ but i suppose, when we get to see the episodes, all these months later !!! there doesn't need to be a catch up period ....

Matthew.

#555479 01/06/04 08:38 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Lex has always been the most interesting character, since the pilot. And I agree with Stu, Smallville just doesn't have the appeal it did last year. Heck, none of the new season does. I still haven't watched any of 24 and its my favorite show.
i hope the coming episodes get better [ for you then ?? ] up until now i have enjoyed the 2 seasons of "SMALLVILLE" .... so i'll just have to see how much i enjoy, this one !!!

i funny also, because out of all the fantasy type TV shows that i watch, it's the ONLY one the Paul watches every week, with me !!!

so it's kinda nice to be able to enjoy it together .....

Matthew.

#555480 01/06/04 01:22 PM
Leader
Leader
For a 'WB' show, its getting fairly heavily into the sci-fi side of things. I think its losing some of its Dawson's Creek-lovin' fans. I haven't seen all of this season's episodes but I'm still hoping for a 'Legion visits Smallville' episode.

#555481 01/06/04 01:46 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
After the season premiere two-parter, this season kinda stalled out for me. I tape it every week (along with Angel), but I tend to wait several days before even bothering to watch it, and some episodes I haven't even watched all the way through.

I think the first season was the best, but each subsequent season has been a little less enjoyable. I think one thing that I don't like is the series seems to have gotten away from the super-powered antagonists that the first season had. To me, half the fun of watching Clark's powers manifest was in seeing him use them against somebody moderately formidable.

It's the "Lois and Clark" problem all over again: I don't watch super-hero shows just for romantic drama... I like to have some realistic super-heroey things too.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#555482 01/07/04 10:46 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Princess Crujectra:
To me, half the fun of watching Clark's powers manifest was in seeing him use them against somebody moderately formidable.
Unless the antagonist is particularly well-conceived, I don't get as much from the actual super-fights. In terms of him using his powers, it's more interesting for me to see him use them in new and unexpected ways to get out of trouble.

But the interpersonal relations between the cast is still the main reason I tune in.

#555483 01/12/04 05:14 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
the 2nd episode was on tonight !!! and i really enjoyed it, there was quite a lot going on !!!

i'm glad the "S" logo has gone from Clark's chest, it looked painful !!!

also i was wondering how Clark was gonna get out of Morgan Edge, telling Lionel more about the blood !!!

also Lex and his wife, back up in the air !!!where did so go, though ??? will she return ??? will Morgan return ???

and will Clark and Lana ever get together ???

Matthew.

#555484 01/12/04 05:16 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
looking forward to next weeks [ they showed a trailer for it .... ]

and it looks like it will be "Who Shot Clark Kent" with a "GREEN K" bullet !!!???

Matthew.

#555485 01/19/04 03:56 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
The episodes this season haven't been as interesting thus far aside from the latest with Lex in the insane aylum and the bad guy team-up. It's still fun to watch, but the Lana/ Clark back and forth is starting to get tiring -- they need to throw something new into the mix, something that'll at least stabilize the relationship for a time.

And Pete Ross really needs something to do or just write him off -- it's kinda sad how ignored he's been this season.

#555486 01/20/04 05:32 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
i missed the 3rd episode of season three [ which was on last night frown !!! i was at the theatre ....

so i'll have to wait till Friday, when it's repeated again smile !!!

Matthew.

#555487 01/23/04 12:19 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Weird -- this past episode barely had Tom Welling in it ... there was this dorky looking guy with glasses I didn't recognize running around ... who's that?? wink

#555488 01/26/04 08:58 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I agree that the relationships are the main reason I watch the show, but the recent asylum episode was by far the best of the season. I would put it with the best Smallville shows. Why?

1. Super villain team up! Excellent. A good way to review what has gone before. Also, I had wondered where all these guys ended up...

2. The development of Lex as psycho evil guy. The show spent so much of last season setting Clark and Lex up as devoted friends, but now we seem to be progressing along the "How does Lex end up as LEX?"

3. Another theme of the show has been "How does Clark figure out how to use his powers in a moral fashion?" Deciding whether to help Lex or not was a good example.

4. Continuing the other main theme, the Clark-Lana relationship. It's not really a triangle any more, is it? Chloe's been spending all her time in dark rooms with Lionel. Give her a love interest! See how Clark likes THEM apples! Lana giving Clark the brushoff was pretty agonizing.

5. You heard it here first: At the end of the series, Chloe decides to adopt a pen name when she gets a job at the Daily Planet, perhaps in part to distance herself from past problems with the Luthor family. Pen name? Lois Lane...at least that's how I think it should turn out....

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!
#555489 01/26/04 05:24 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
tonight's episode in the UK was "Slumber" !!! the one with the girl in the coma !!!

i really liked this one, it had a nice mystery feel to it !!! and i thought the villain looked just like THE TIME TRAPPER !!! only he had a RED cloak !!! insted of the purple .....

Matthew.

#555490 01/26/04 06:46 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by armsfalloffboy:
5. You heard it here first: At the end of the series, Chloe decides to adopt a pen name when she gets a job at the Daily Planet, perhaps in part to distance herself from past problems with the Luthor family. Pen name? Lois Lane...at least that's how I think it should turn out....
I've been thinking about this as well for awhile and wondering how much sense it makes. With Lionel as an enemy it's becoming more likely that she'll have to use a different name out of necessity. I suppose in the "Smallville" universe it won't matter since they're not going to get into Clark's life as Superman. There's a certain symmetry to it, but I think I prefer the other theory -- that Chloe will die in the end, prompting Clark to follow in her footsteps as a journalist. If he and Chloe fall in love before she dies, or if she dies because she knows his secret, it would give Clark even more of a reason to be distant from Lois when he meets her later on.

#555491 01/26/04 07:11 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Last week's episode was pretty cool -- Clark gains another super-power!

By my reckoning, other than flight, we're only missing one more super-power at this point... Superboy

#555492 01/26/04 07:21 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
Originally posted by armsfalloffboy:
[b]5. You heard it here first: At the end of the series, Chloe decides to adopt a pen name when she gets a job at the Daily Planet, perhaps in part to distance herself from past problems with the Luthor family. Pen name? Lois Lane...at least that's how I think it should turn out....
I've been thinking about this as well for awhile and wondering how much sense it makes. With Lionel as an enemy it's becoming more likely that she'll have to use a different name out of necessity. I suppose in the "Smallville" universe it won't matter since they're not going to get into Clark's life as Superman. There's a certain symmetry to it, but I think I prefer the other theory -- that Chloe will die in the end, prompting Clark to follow in her footsteps as a journalist. If he and Chloe fall in love before she dies, or if she dies because she knows his secret, it would give Clark even more of a reason to be distant from Lois when he meets her later on.[/b]
A season or two back, when Chloe spent a summer interning at the Daily Planet in Metropolis, she mentioned staying with a cousin who was a few years older than her. But, mysteriously, this cousin was never named, even though she was mentioned more than once (I think).

[dramatic music]

That cousin... I offer... is none other than Lois Lane!

#555493 01/26/04 07:26 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by STU:
That cousin... I offer... is none other than Lois Lane!
Is this a theory of yours cuz I've heard that that Lois will indeed be Chloe's cousin (I can't remember where I heard it, so take it with a grain of salt)! Though I heard she won't appear, she'll only be named.

#555494 01/26/04 07:49 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
I've read it on various places on the boards subsequently, but the thought popped into my head the instant I heard Chloe first mention her "cousin in Metropolis."

#555495 01/28/04 09:43 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
WHOA! eek I just about fell out of my seat when Chloe mentioned her cousin this episode!

*MINOR SPOILERS*

Poor Chloe! That Lana's a roundhousing, spin-kicking maniac!

Poor Pete! Once again, he had about three lines total in the whole episode. And no one even thought enough of him to attempt to get him to kill Chloe!

Questions to ponder: Why is Martha Kent's e-mail "CNH20" -- does it mean something? And does Jonathan Kent just routinely carry kryptonite around in his pocket?

Anyway, a very interesting episode! Season Three is finally starting to get good. laugh

#555496 01/29/04 12:19 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
LOIS LANE! Yeah baby! It was cool to see, if not completely unexpected.

I really can't believe that Lana only got suspension for going after another student with an axe though -- I mean, that was the most unbelievable thing so far!!

#555497 01/29/04 09:06 AM
Deputy
Deputy
As I watched that first part of the ep (I haven't finished last week) I started jumping up and down and tried to run to the computer, but my wife wanted to get the kids to bed. It's so difficult to be a dork and take care of little people, too. How DID my parents manage it?

Clarks gonna end up with Chloe, Clark's gonna end up with Chloe....

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!
#555498 01/29/04 01:50 PM
Ger Offline
Substitute
Substitute
Last night BLEW ME AWAY! Chloe as LOIS LANE!!! and a kick-@$$ cat fight. All in all, a very good episode. I was extremely glad to see that Chloe and Clark made up.

And I was also glad that Lana's new male friend wasn't turning her bad like it seemed in the previews. They've had too many of those episodes.

#555499 02/04/04 09:04 PM
Active
Active
HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did they just do what I think they did???
While it was bound to happen, it doesn't mean I have to like it!!

You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,228
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
CatShifter, Dream Girl, Tymann
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Ghost Girl
Ghost Girl
Shangalla
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star