Roll Call
0 members (), 18 Murran Spies, and 105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/17/24 11:37 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/17/24 11:09 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/17/24 11:08 AM
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/17/24 11:08 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/17/24 10:20 AM
Why he was arrested.
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/17/24 03:18 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: "Smallville" .... Season Three
#555500 02/08/04 12:56 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
*MINI SPOILERS*

I guess "Adam Knight" isn't Bruce Wayne after all... is he? confused

Doesn't look like Lana ends up with Pete in this particular continuity. Not that it would have made much sense in the context of the show, since the two of them hardly spend any time with each other. Come to think of it, poor Pete hardly spends much time with anyone these days... which leads us to the previews for this upcoming week's episode...

Can you say "The Fast and Furious"... in Smallville?! After three really interesting episodes, I hope this next one isn't cheesy and silly... :rolleyes:

#555501 02/08/04 12:58 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
News from the TV Tome ...

"Titan Magazines To Publish Smallville Yearbook & Magazine

KryptonSite has learned that Titan Magazines will be publishing the Official Smallville Yearbook, fully authorized by DC Comics. The special magazine will be hitting newsstands in mid-May, offering 100 pages of interviews with the cast and crew behind the show. This will be followed by a new official monthly magazine that will debut in late-September, when season four premieres on the WB.

The Yearbook will feature interviews with Tom Welling, Michael Rosenbaum, Kristin Kreuk, John Schneider, Annette O'Toole, Allison Mack, Sam Jones III, John Glover, Al Gough & Miles Millar, Kenneth Biller, Greg Beeman, Mat Beck and Mark Snow. Keep an eye on KryptonSite for more details!"

#555502 02/08/04 08:45 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by His imperial majesty, STU:
I guess "Adam Knight" isn't Bruce Wayne after all... is he?
Was there a rumor that he is?? That'd be interesting (and almost makes sense). He's obviously brilliant, suffered something horrible in his past (he did sort of "die" when his parents were killed) and he's got the brooding mystery man thing going for him. I never thought of that ... I was trying to figure a Starman connection with the "Knight" name. Maybe Lex found out the truth and let him off the hook because he sympathizes.

#555503 02/08/04 08:54 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
Originally posted by His imperial majesty, STU:
[b]I guess "Adam Knight" isn't Bruce Wayne after all... is he?
Was there a rumor that he is??[/b]
The DCMBs (actually, the "Smallville: The Comic" board, but most of the discussion there is about the TV show) and a couple of other boards were abuzz with this possibility. (Adam Knight = "Dark Knight")

But I kind of doubt they'd introduce Bruce Wayne so early, and in such a significant role...

#555504 02/09/04 10:14 AM
Deputy
Deputy
But it would be cool if they did....

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!
#555505 02/09/04 08:55 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Okay, ao I just watched the last two episodes that I had taped. All I can say is that I'm so glad that one day Lana will be gone and Clark will end up with Lois. I mean, can Lana get any more annoying? Good gawd, but she gets on my nerves.

Chloe is funny, and fiesty, and is a great partner for Clark, both as a friend and lover.

Lana is just so wimpy and whiny and nauseatingly weak. Ugh! She is single handedly turning this show into "Krypton's Creek." I wish they'd ship her off to boarding school or something.

The plus thing is that they are starting to reintroduce some things that made the first season great: super-powers. They had the three ex-foes in the sanitarium, then the computer hypnotist, and now the tactile precog.

Now if only someone could put Lana into a coma so the series can keep getting good again...

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#555506 02/10/04 08:11 AM
Deputy
Deputy
While I agree with a lot of what you say, Lana has given me a lot of "Smallville moments:" points at which I am transported to the psychotic confusion of high school relationships, in which at least one of the participants has no freakin' idea what's going on (and usually both). If she completely went away, it wouldn't be the same show. The writers do need to figure out how to use her character without completely turning her into a whiny teenager.

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!
#555507 02/11/04 09:59 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
*MINOR SPOILERS*

Wow. Could this episode have felt any more like an After-School Special?

"How long have you been doing this, Pete?"

"Since the last episode."

"Street racing is wrong! You could go to jail!"

And since when has Smallville, Kansas -- home to one main street and one high school, and a bunch of farms -- been street racing central? Where did all those kids come from? Metropolis? (It's three hours away...!)

Other than the premise, which made it incredibly difficult to suspend disbelief, the episode wasn't actually *too* bad. I was even a bit nervous, trying to figure out how Clark and Pete would get themselves out of the car before it went kablooey. (But I would have thought that Pete would have to face some consequences for contributing to the death of Dante under such reckless circumstances.)

I hope the lovely Dr. Tang stays around for a while. love

Also, I think Lex deliberately left his car available to Clark, to see whether Clark would take it or not...

#555508 02/15/04 04:48 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
can someone help me out with an episode i've missed !!! as i was on holiday, i thought i was gonna miss 2 episodes of "SMALLVILLE" !!!

luckly i remembered the repeat episode [ that aired this evening on Monday's one smile ]

the one i saw tonight was called "Relic" [ which i'll get back to in a moment .... ]

so what happened in the one before this ???

to recap what has already happened ....

# 1 & 2 were Clark "bad" and in Metropolis !!!

# 3 was the "vigilante" saving Lana and shooting Clark with a GREEN K bullet !!!

# 4 was the girl in the coma !!!

so what was # 5 ???

and now back to tonight's .... i thought "Relic" was brilliant !!! i loved the new twist that Jor-El had visited Smallville in the 60's !!! and been in love with Lana's aunt and met Jonathon's father !!!

i loved all the "flashback" scenes, and wished Tom Welling has is hair like that, from now on !!!

it had a great "Back to the Future" type feel to it, and it also reminded me of the LEGION stories where they went back in time to Smallville of the 50's !!! and they'd try and fit in with the locals !!!

did anyone else enjoy this one ???

Matthew.

#555509 02/15/04 10:17 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
I really liked "Relic" too -- but I'm kind of a sucker for that sort of "Back to the Future" retro-type story. It's relatively easy to effectively evoke the feel of the era with some shrewd costuming and just the right use of music.

And is Smallville just crawling with repressed, vengeful people or what?!

#555510 02/15/04 10:32 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I have to admit that I've quit taping Smallville and *gasp* 24.

Just don't have the time to watch them anymore. I figured I'd just pick up the DVDs when released.

#555511 02/16/04 12:10 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by STU:
I really liked "Relic" too -- but I'm kind of a sucker for that sort of "Back to the Future" retro-type story. It's relatively easy to effectively evoke the feel of the era with some shrewd costuming and just the right use of music.

And is Smallville just crawling with repressed, vengeful people or what?!
i love "BTTF" too !!!

but ... STU do you remember what happened in the episode before "Relic" ???

thanks .....

Matthew.

#555512 02/16/04 04:37 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Hey, Matt,

Go look in www.thewb.com , they have a list of episodes of a whole bunch of TV series, including Smallville. I was just there, and I think the episode immediately before the 1961 one is the one that introduced Perry White as a drunk journalist who used to be good but discovered one of Lionel Luthor's schemes. But go look it up for yourself!

Juan

#555513 02/16/04 06:06 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
"Perry" was a great episode! I think it was even named one of the top 20 best episodes of 2003 by some magazine or internet site...

(What was weird was seeing Michael McKean and Annette O'Toole interacting on the show, knowing that they're married to each other in real life!)

#555514 02/17/04 06:11 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Juan:
Hey, Matt,

Go look in www.thewb.com , they have a list of episodes of a whole bunch of TV series, including Smallville. I was just there, and I think the episode immediately before the 1961 one is the one that introduced Perry White as a drunk journalist who used to be good but discovered one of Lionel Luthor's schemes. But go look it up for yourself!

Juan
thank's for the link !!! i forgot about the WB website !!!

i wish i'd seen this one .... hopefully the repeat of it will be shown in another month or so ???

Matthew.

#555515 02/18/04 08:43 AM
Leader
Leader
So, regarding Smallville season three.... and I'm guessing only Scott will know what I am talking about.....

THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU!

#555516 02/18/04 08:50 AM
Leader
Leader
Anyway, now that I have watch the first 8 eps of season 3, I have a few questions:

I never saw any of season 2, can anyone explain the circumstances in which Pete discovered "the secret?"

Anyone agree with me in preferring the comics version where Clark does not know that Pete knows? I tend to think that, will all the secrets on Smallville, that this scenario would have played well.

What were the circumstances in which the Kent's learned on Krypton & Jor-El, and when did they begin refering to the meteor rocks as kryptonite?

I was not able to view all of hte season opener, so I am not sure if this was explained. How does red kryptonite fit into the Smallville 'verse? Does it only turn Clark evil, or other changes like the comics?

I could not watch most of the marnetic boy episode. How does it end? I only got as far as Lana about to decline the date after initially accepting.

Also could not watch all of episode 8 with the Black Canary Kid. What happens after Clark find Pete in the garage?

Adam Knight mentions that he gets dehydrated a lot. If he is not Batman, is he Aquaman?

#555517 02/18/04 08:50 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Q: I never saw any of season 2, can anyone explain the circumstances in which Pete discovered "the secret?"

A: I think Clark just up and told him. Don't quite remember.

Q: Anyone agree with me in preferring the comics version where Clark does not know that Pete knows? I tend to think that, will all the secrets on Smallville, that this scenario would have played well.

A: Yup.

Q: What were the circumstances in which the Kent's learned on Krypton & Jor-El, and when did they begin refering to the meteor rocks as kryptonite?

A: Christopher Reeve episode, I think.

Q: I was not able to view all of hte season opener, so I am not sure if this was explained. How does red kryptonite fit into the Smallville 'verse? Does it only turn Clark evil, or other changes like the comics?

A: I think it makes everyone lose their inhibitions, not just Clark.

Q: I could not watch most of the marnetic boy episode. How does it end? I only got as far as Lana about to decline the date after initially accepting.

A: The magnetic boy gets what's coming to him, of course!

Q: Also could not watch all of episode 8 with the Black Canary Kid. What happens after Clark find Pete in the garage?

A: Don't quite remember.

Q: Adam Knight mentions that he gets dehydrated a lot. If he is not Batman, is he Aquaman?

A: Doesn't look like it.

#555518 02/18/04 08:51 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
The girl who plays the villain on tonight's episode: YOWZA! love

She's like a sexier, blonder Natalie Portman!

*dreamy sigh*

#555519 02/19/04 09:54 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Duke, glad you got the discs and they worked, for the most part. I'll try a different compression ratio next time, maybe a slower burn speed to adjust for older DVD players.

#555520 02/20/04 03:17 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by STU:
The girl who plays the villain on tonight's episode: YOWZA! love

She's like a sexier, blonder Natalie Portman!

*dreamy sigh*
No kidding -- when she showed up in Clark's bed in her undies that was hot hot hot! If Clark popped a boner, I was afraid he'd have catapulted her through the wall!!

(still, she wasn't quite as hot as caged naked werewolf girl in "Angel" this week wink )

#555521 02/20/04 10:24 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
No kidding -- when she showed up in Clark's bed in her undies that was hot hot hot! If Clark popped a boner, I was afraid he'd have catapulted her through the wall!!
OK, I admit it -- I busted out laughing when I read this... what an image! drool

#555522 02/21/04 04:38 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Plus, she has that all important thing for actors to have: chemistry. Too bad the writers ruined it by having her go FoTW and by keeping Lana.

#555523 02/21/04 07:46 AM
Leader
Leader
"FoTW"

??

#555524 02/21/04 12:13 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Foe of the week?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,228
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
CatShifter, Dream Girl, Tymann
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star