Roll Call
0 members (), 57 Murran Spies, and 357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/01/24 06:07 PM
Books you are looking for to help with your collection.
by Ann Hebistand - 06/01/24 06:00 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 06/01/24 04:37 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 06/01/24 05:26 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:32 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:28 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:25 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:23 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Favourite 'Star Trek' episodes ??
#572797 07/08/03 06:16 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
what are your favourite episodes ???

they can be from any of the series:

ORIGINAL

THE NEXT GENERATION

DEEP SPACE NINE

VOYAGER

ENTERPRISE

Matthew.

Re: Favourite 'Star Trek' episodes ??
#572798 07/08/03 06:21 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
i'm gonna pick mine from THE NEXT GENERATION !!!

this is the only series that i've seen them all !!!

my favourite of them all is 'YESTERDAY's ENTERPRISE' !!!

such a great 'time travel' adventure !!! and i loved the fact that TASHA YAR got to return .... only to go to the past and have a daughter SELA !!! who returned at the end of season four !!!

in the behind the scenes docu on season five [ DVD ] Denise Crosby who plays TASHA, said it was her idea for Tasha to have a daughter in the past !!!

Matthew.

#572799 07/08/03 06:59 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
My favorite is from the Original Series.

Mirror, Mirror. That episode started a fascination with alternate reality when I was but a lad that still lasts to this day. One of my favorite arcs in comics was the Star Trek series, when Marvel was doing it, that revisited the Mirror, Mirror universe and Kirk found his son David (killed in the Search for Spock) alive and leading the revolution.

My second favorite Trek episode would have to be the DS9 where they interacted with the Tribble episode of TOS. Can't remember the episode's name.

Third would be Yesterday's Enterprise. Same reasons as you Matt, plus it dealt with alternate reality.

#572800 07/09/03 01:30 AM
Reservist
Reservist
I'm not much of a Star Trek fan despite being a bona-fide science fiction fan. Saying that though I really love "The Library" (I think its called) from the original series where Spock, McCoy and Kirk land on a doomed planet and the mysterious librarian sends them back into different pasts. Great stuff!

#572801 07/09/03 03:03 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
My second favorite Trek episode would have to be the DS9 where they interacted with the Tribble episode of TOS. Can't remember the episode's name.
i think the episode was called 'The Trouble with Tribbles' ??

Matthew.

#572802 07/09/03 03:42 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
My fav might have to be that two-parter with the Borg capturing Picard.

I also liked that ep where the Enterprise was caught in a time loop and kept blowing up.

From the original series, I loved the episode that introduced the Romulans (with the actor who would later play Spock's father as the Romulan commander).

#572803 07/09/03 10:28 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Good thread, Matthew!

I hasitated to answer, because what with the Transformers stuff and all, and now this, I could wind up looking like the biggest geek on Legion World, but... hell, you like what you like!

Anyway, since I LOVE top 10 lists, I did one for ST:TNG here, and BOY, it was hard.There were a LOT of my favorites that didn't make the list, I'll tell you. Anyway, for better or for worse, here it is:

10. Face of the Enemy

I like Romulans. They're crafty bitches all, and they're so damn arrogant! And this one, which had Troi being kidnapped onto a Romulan ship, actually gave Marina Sirtis something cool to do, though I have to admit being a bit surprised that Deanna didn't just collpase into a quivering heap... who knew there was a little James Bond inside our favorite Betazoid?

9. Cause and Effect

There are a LOT of great trippy episodes (well-written all!) where you're not really sure EXACTLY what's going on. Where something really fucked up is happening to the Enterprise and they basically have an hour to figure it out. Well, this one (where the Enterprise is stuck in a repeating time loop) stands out as the best of these generally gerat episodes.

8. Reunion

I have two major Worf episodes on this list. In this one, his old flame K'ehy'lyr gets killed by his old enemy Duras and he claims the right of vengeance over Duras, killing him in GREAT style. This episode had SERIOUS repercussions, setting up the Klingon Civil War as well as Alexander's stay on the Enterprise.

7. Sins of the Father

This may be my favorite Klingon episode EVER. Kurn comes aboard the Enterprise and reveals himself to Worf, and they go to the Klingon homeworld to clear his father's name. What they find is a hotbed of corruption, Picard gets to be Worf's cha'diy'ch... and Worf gets one of his best moments EVER when he accepts dishonor to save the Empire, but gets to tell Duras, "YOU are the son of a traitor." Chill bumps.

6. I, Borg

This episode forces Picard to come to grips with some of his emotional scars regarding the Borg, and is also one of the better Guinan and Geordi episodes. The line "No. I am Hugh." still gives me chill bumps, and that scene between Picard and Hugh is one of the best-written in the series.

5. Chain of Command, part 2

THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Nuff said.

4. All Good Things

This was an incredible tour-de-force ending movie (it's MORE than an episode, and if it had gone straight to the big screen, it would have done better than Generations did.) It's just very VERY solid, all the way around.

3. Lessons

This one is just very special to me personally, because I am a musician, composer, and teacher. Not a lot happens, just Picard meeting Neela Daren, that busty stellar cartologist who plays the piano so well. One of my very favorite moments in all of Star Trek is that sexy duet in the Jefferies tubes. I realize that the episode as a whole doesn't stand up to most of the others on this list, but I just love it for purely personal reasons.

2. The Best of Both Worlds (parts 1 and 2)

I'm sure no one disagrees with this one, except to move it up to first place!

1. Yesterday's Enterprise

Yes, it's my very favorite too. It's just SO good. It is one of the most emotional episodes in the whole series. It has one of those trippy time-paradox things that makes it intellectually so engaging. And it gives Tasha Yar the death she should have always had. Not only that, Guinan and Picard get to share some of the best scenes in Star Trek. Not to mention Guinan's scene with Tasha in the cafeteria. Oh, and that conversation between Captains Garrett and Picard, that ends up with her saying "The Romulans will get a GOOD FIGHT. We'll make it one for the history books." Chill bumps on top of chill bumps on top of CHILL BUMPS. Oh yeah, I love that episode.

I'm such a GEEK, guys. shocked

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#572804 07/09/03 01:15 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
5. Chain of Command, part 2

[b]THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/b]
David Warner is pretty friggin' cool is he not??

Great list Prime -- it really brings me back to when TNG hit its stride and was just about my favorite tv show.

#572805 07/09/03 05:12 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
great list 'KP' !!!

some of my other favs are there ....

Matthew.

#572806 07/09/03 06:43 PM
G
Leader
Leader
G
I've only seen TOS and TNG -- not enough of DS9 and Voyager to reckon with, none of Enterprise.

(The best theme music, though, is by Jerry Goldsmith for "Voyager.")

My ten top favorites, as I can recall them, from TOS and TNG:

01 "Yesterday's Enterprise," TNG ("That'll be the day!")
02 "The City on the Edge of Forever," TOS ("He knows, Doctor. He knows.")
03 "The Inner Light," TNG ("Twenty-five minutes?")
04 "Mirror, Mirror," TOS ("One man cannot summon the future.")
05 "The Measure of a Man," TNG ("You're a wise man, my friend." "Not yet, but with your help, I will be.")
06 "Amok Time," TOS ("In a pig's eye!")
07 "Shore Leave," TOS ("Well, there were these two girls I knew on Rigel Six ...")
08 "All Good Things," TNG ("Five-card stud, jokers wild ... and the sky's the limit.")
09 "The Trouble With Tribbles," TOS ("... the Klingons' engine room, where they'll be no tribble at all.")
10 "Requiem for Methuselah," TOS ("Forget.")

Special prize for most hilarious episode:
"I, Mudd," TOS ("Logic is a pretty little flower ... that smells BAD.")

#572807 07/12/03 07:03 PM
D
Substitute
Substitute
D
There's 2 episodes that pop into my mind.

The 2 parter in TNG where Picard gets assimilated by the Borg.

The 2 parter in Voyager where the Borg get their butts kicked by Species 8472 (I hope I got the number right).

I guess I'm a sucker for epic battles where the good guys are outpowered but win anyway.

#572808 07/12/03 09:43 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
"City On the Edge of Forever" is a great episode.

I also liked any episode that featured Spock-- though I think my relating to this character had a negative impact on my youth.

I liked NEXT GENERATION (the Romulan episodes and the BORG were the highlights, I'd have to agree) and some of DEEP SPACE (the most amibitious, I thought)... but I stopped watching regularly during VOYAGER. Liked the captain of that series, though. ENTERPRISE, I've only watched sporadically.

Did anyone enjoy any of the animated TREK? I remember there was one that involved a 'junkyard of spaceships' that I liked as a kid. I always thought M'ress and Arex (?) got a raw deal as TREK characters. I thought they were pretty fun and interesting. Does anyone remember the novelizations of the animated series? I quite liked them and wished the actual show had matched them a bit more.

That was the 'new' TREK for me, I guess-- with the original episodes showing up as reruns.

TN InvisibleKid

#572809 07/12/03 10:18 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I didn't mention DS9 or Voyager before since I have to rack my brain to think of anything that really stands out.

DS9 had the disadvantage of being out around the time of "Babylon 5" and trying to do something similar with a huge storyline involving a war, but B5 was so vastly superior, it hurt my appreciation of what DS9 was doing. But I did like:
-- The Tribbles episode -- it was cute and clever - especially Dax's attraction to Spock
-- (also a tribute to the past) The one where the DS9 crew meet up with their counterparts from that alternate dimension.

Voyager:
-- That time paradox episode where there were two Voyagers and they made you think the one ship that was getting trashed was the alternate version that was going to sacrifice themselves, but it was really the other one. (kindof a SW6 switcheroo)
-- The one where Harry Kim, Chikotay and the Doctor are the sole survivors in an alternate future and he sacrifices his timeline to undo his mistake and save the crew.
(as a side note, I liked Peter David's TNG novel "Imzadi" for the same reason -- it had an older Riker go through the time portal in "City on the Edge of Forever" to save Troi who had died years earlier)
-- The last episode of Voyager was also very good. It was great to see Alice Krige return as the Borg Queen -- she does it so well!

#572810 07/13/03 03:02 PM
D
Substitute
Substitute
D
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:

Did anyone enjoy any of the animated TREK? I remember there was one that involved a 'junkyard of spaceships' that I liked as a kid. I always thought M'ress and Arex (?) got a raw deal as TREK characters. I thought they were pretty fun and interesting. Does anyone remember the novelizations of the animated series? I quite liked them and wished the actual show had matched them a bit more.

I liked the animated Trek! The novelizations were great, though it's been a long time since I've read them.

#572811 12/27/03 02:51 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
I love "City on the Edge of Forever."

I've never had the chance to watch either "All Good Things" or "The Best of Both Worlds." frown

Anyone got a collected DVD set they can loan me? laugh

#572812 12/27/03 10:23 PM
Reservist
Reservist
Hmm, off the top of my head, I'd say my top ten overall episodes (in no particular order) are:

1. Charlie X (TOS)
2. The Trouble With Tribbles (TOS)
3. Where Silence Has Lease (TNG)
4. Vanishing Point (Enterprise)
5. The Nth Degree (TNG)
6. Move Along Home (DS9)
7. Who Mourns For Adonais? (TOS)
8. Where No Man Has Gone Before (TOS)
9. A Piece of the Action (TOS)
10. Mirror, Mirror (TOS)

"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
#572813 12/27/03 10:44 PM
Not much between despair and ecstacy
Not much between despair and ecstacy
Favorite TOS episodes, in no particular order:

"The Devil In The Dark" -- very creepy tale, with a monster in a cave that doesn't turn out to be such a monster.

"Where No Man Has Gone Before" -- Gary Lockwood did such a good turn as Gary Mitchell that I've often wanted more of the back story between him and Kirk. Plus, I loved the idea of getting turned into a psionic superhuman capable of doing anything, complete with glowing eyes.

"The Man Trap" -- another creepy episode with a mysterious killer who can look like anyone.

"Let That Be Your Last Battlefield" -- I think this was one of the first ST episodes I ever saw. Its message about bigotry is over the top (the two dudes have half black and white faces!), but the fatalistic ending came as a complete surprise. It drove home the point that no one wins wars of hate.

"Day Of The Dove" -- Michael Ansara was for years my favorite Klingon (before Worf, that is). This is another episode about hate and what it takes to overcome it.

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#572814 12/27/03 11:16 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm a huge fan of TOS and would LOVE to own a DVD collection of each season (I REFUSE to buy the 2-eps per disc CRAP currently offered!!! There's no REASON for this!!!!)

So many great eps there's no way I can list 'em all.

SHORE LEAVE was a long-time favorite of mine of those already mentioned. THE GALILEO 7, DEADLY YEARS. Oh, there's no way I can remember them all. I always tended to enjoy the eps that featured a female crewmember and really enjoyed any ep that featured Nurse Chapel, Lt. Uhura or Yeoman Rand actively participating in a mission!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#572815 12/27/03 11:21 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm with you Lash. Why can't TOS have a boxed set, by season even, like the other Trek series?

But I did get my favorite episode (Mirror, Mirror) for Christmas from one of my friends.

#572816 12/28/03 12:04 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
That's a fave ep of mine too! Possibly because Lt. Uhura has a fairly meaty role in the mission!

It seems like having a TOS boxed set by seasons is a NO-BRAINER. Is it like practically the ONLY TV series that doesn't have one now? *angry growl*

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#572817 12/28/03 12:17 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
HMM I liked the one that had Joan Collins in it...beautiful story where Kirk found love.

#572818 12/28/03 12:46 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
That was City on the Edge of Forever. It was written by Harlan Ellison who actually won a Hugo award for the story.

#572819 12/28/03 12:47 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Everyone knows this was the way Spock was meant to be shown.

[Linked Image]

#572820 12/28/03 02:54 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Oh, and I was also particularly fond of any episode where Kirk got his shirt ripped open (which would be nearly all of 'em)!

#572821 12/28/03 03:30 PM
Reservist
Reservist
Actually, they're releasing season sets of The Original Series sometime this year, along with Voyager. Don't know when the first one's due, but I'll definitely be getting it when it comes out! laugh

"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,025
Posts1,045,843
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Kid Beetle, Star Boy
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Lurker Lass
Lurker Lass
Somewhere in the Multi-verse
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star