Roll Call
0 members (), 42 Murran Spies, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/23/24 05:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/23/24 02:30 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/23/24 02:29 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/23/24 02:29 AM
The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
by Gaseous Lad - 05/22/24 11:39 PM
Crow! Tell us the good things going on in your life!
by Gaseous Lad - 05/22/24 11:37 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/22/24 09:43 PM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 05/22/24 04:44 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Legion article in new wizard...the future looks ...very different
#69855 07/27/04 12:19 AM
Active
Active
Hi Flannel Lass - you make some very good observations there - the problems caused by having to follow events in the DCU slavishly is something we have addressed (I hope) so we will have that leeway you hoped for. smile

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#69856 07/27/04 01:09 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Flannel lass: While I believe they should always keep things simple despite the temptation to do really fun stuff...

I would love to see a Green Lantern in the Legion!!! And I would love to see Donna Troy (with amnesia) in the Legion!!! Donna Troy is a problem unto itself though...and the Legion have had enough problems wink similiar to Donna. heh maybe she should join and call herself the Black Hole. jk

Jorge

#69857 07/27/04 06:29 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Barry Kitson:
... the problems caused by having to follow events in the DCU slavishly is something we have addressed (I hope) so we will have that leeway you hoped for. smile
Very telling statement. My current best guess is that Waid's gonna wave the magic wand of Hypertime and stick the LSH in an alt-universe, and over at the DCMB I posited the even nuttier theory that they'd wind up in Levitz's Pocket Universe. Think about the possibilities -- Kal-El as Superboy again and stuff like that. It was good for a few yucks but, you know, Barry's implication of looser ties with the DCU, combined with Levitz's enthusiastic approval of their scheme and the Hypertime scenario of the TT/Legion crossover, leaves me wondering how far Waid's actually going to take this thing. One thing is clear -- the future will never be the same.

#69858 07/27/04 01:08 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Jorge Martinez:
I would love to see a Green Lantern in the Legion!!!
I liked it a lot when Rond became Green Lantern. To bad we didn't see more of that. I don't know how it would work having the GLC around though - it kinda trumps the Legion's gig of interspecies collaboration for the betterment of the universe. Unless they reused the "no GL's in UP space" policy, I imagine they'd be stepping on each other's toes all the time.

#69859 07/27/04 04:17 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Or the GLC would likely recognize that there was no need for a presence larger than just ONE representative Lantern in the United Planets BECAUSE the Legion exists.

Sort off like the Wanderers or Lallorians existing and occasionally coming into contact with the Legion to cooperate on a problem of galactic proportions. There's an infinite universe out there. No need for anyone to step on each others toes.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#69860 07/27/04 04:25 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Well, it's not clear how large the "sectors" that the GL's patrolled are compared to the U.P., anyway. It may simply be the case that all of the U.P. worlds are in the same sector as Earth.

#69861 07/27/04 06:17 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Varalent:
Or the GLC would likely recognize that there was no need for a presence larger than just ONE representative Lantern in the United Planets BECAUSE the Legion exists.
I don't wholly agree there. The LSH is ONE group of super powered teens. There is an entire universe that needs protecting and they can't be every where at once. That always makes me think of why are there no mentionings of the JLA or JSA or a newly formed JLU (Justice League of the Universe. Well that sounds kinda lame but you know what I mean). Kinda like the LSH would be the Teen Titans of the the 30th Century, so where are the Adult counterparts, the other force that keeps tabs on the situations that the LSH can't get too??

In saying all that I think the GLC would be VERY useful. Look at today's world issues and troubles and just imagine them quadrupled as more and more planets join the federation with more beings coming together. Not everyone's going to be a good guy!! Imagine 1000 Sadam's running around out there with 30th century weapons of mass destruction!! eek eek While purely hyopothetical but it could be a reality, you never know. So where are the other heroes??

The 30th Century according to Waid and Kitson could be a very powerful and fruitful venture for DC Comics but it needs to be worked out and I think the JLU and the GLC could be part of that whole dream!!

Just a tought or two!! laugh laugh

ChameleonBoy

---Changing my Personal Circle with Courage and Love---
#69862 07/27/04 06:55 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I don't know. I've always kind of liked the idea that the Legion was emulating the ideals of a past age. If you've got all these other groups of super-heroes running around, then you lose the aspect of the Legion as something "new" or unique. I'd like some version of the GLC to exist, but I think any other "super-hero" organizations that form should be emulating the Legion in some way or another, or be strictly local affairs.

#69863 07/27/04 07:55 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
THe less ties to the msin DCU, the less they can pull the rug out from under us.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#69864 07/27/04 07:59 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Yeah - I would not object to officially making Legiontime an alt-future. As long as that's stuck to, and we don't get a Gallacher-GotG-style fiasco.

And the Legion's current past stays intact.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#69865 07/27/04 08:45 PM
Substitute
Substitute
....but I think any other "super-hero" organizations that form should be emulating the Legion in some way or another....
Yes, but who are the LSH emulating?? See, they all are emulating or following in the foot steps of some other great heroes, at that point of the game it's NOT original any more!! To me part of what makes the Legion or the Teen Titans special is that they are TEENS, young adults, following in the footsteps of their elders with new ideals but that same sense of justice and fairness (and all that other good stuff).

So WHO are their anchor points?? Are they still operating?? If so, why weren't these heroes names and origins revealed yet to the readers?? There's alot that can be done here and in a more realistic view point of a totally fantastical universe ALL heroes start from somewhere and in that day and age they do have other heroes that they look up to and learn from, they would have to, it just makes sense!! Well at least in my reasoning! laugh

ChameleonBoy

#69866 07/27/04 09:06 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Well, that's just the point. They're emulating the heroes of the 21st century. The Legion is a revival of those ideals. That's sort of the original concept behind it. These three teens from the future who are part of a club that are modeled after Superboy's heroic career come back in time to ask him to join. To have other contemporaries negates the whole point of that.

It makes sense to me that the tradition of "super-heroes" could easily have died out in the intervening millenium, and that the vision of one man (R. J. Brande) is to revive that tradition. I'd like to see the Legion as really radical in the times they live in, striving to promote the heroic ideals that no one else believes in any longer.

#69867 07/27/04 09:24 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Yes, that totally makes sense to me but then there's that wish that there were more groups that maybe the Legion were not aware of. I mean they are not aware of new Super Villian groups that pop up so why would they know if there were any other Super Hero groups out there??

I know the Wanderers were a stab at having another super group in the future but that was just a case of bad character design, bad writing and frankly some pretty poor art work and it's too bad! frown I was so pyched about that comic when it was to come out then then I read issue #1 and boy was that the end for me!! frown

Just an idea that came to me when I was at work and read that little mentioning of the GLC! smile

ChameleonBoy

#69868 07/27/04 09:39 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I think what's important is that they are the "first" super-group in the U.P.

Usually, when they'd be shown meeting other heroes (the Lallorian, the Wanders, Nam-Lor, Questar), they'd always be from "distant" worlds or parts of the galaxy.

#69869 07/28/04 09:05 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Despite what I said earlier, if there were a way to make it work, I'd be all for a GL somewhere in the Legion universe just to give it more flavor (like the heroes of Lallor, Dev-Em, or when Rond had the ring).

#69870 07/28/04 09:44 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I think what's important is that they are the "first" super-group in the U.P.
Well, notwithstanding the mess Xanthu's degenerated into between the Starman events, the AP and Robotica, the Amazers were.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#69871 07/28/04 09:53 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
Well, notwithstanding the mess Xanthu's degenerated into between the Starman events, the AP and Robotica, the Amazers were.
Oh, I don't think that's clear at all. When we are first introduced to Xanthu's heroes, we see Star Boy, Atmos, and Kid Quantum in a contest to be "Planetary Champion". There's no indication that there is any super-group at all. The earliest we see of the Amazers is in a flashback in the Star Boy issue of Legends of the Legion, but Kid Quantum II is already a member at that point, which implies that it takes place after James's death.

But anyway, a number of planets have "planetary champions" and the like, so it would not be unreasonable to suppose that one of them might developed a super-powered planetary defense force. But I think it's important to the Legion that they be the first organization with an interstellar focus, and to be "super-heroes" in a more traditional sense than simply defending their planet against invaders or something.

#69872 07/28/04 10:03 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Hey, is Atmos still living or is he gone?? He was a character that when he did make appearances I was always intrigued by his unique look and wondered what an in depth origin issue around him would be like?!?

What can I say, I like the really different humanoid characters! laugh

ChameleonBoy

#69873 07/28/04 10:36 PM
A
Active
Active
A
New guess!

Jan, Violet, Gim, and Candi!

#69874 07/29/04 05:54 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Awkward Pause Boy:
New guess!

Jan, Violet, Gim, and Candi!
Candi? Wow! Death becomes her. Jan and Gim don't look too much worse for wear, either. smile

#69875 07/29/04 10:29 AM
Active
Active
The most logical option is the three originals members in the cover.
We never have a number one cover with Saturn Girl, Cosmic Boy and Lightning Lad (only the zero chapter but these don't count).
If the long hair girl is Phantom Girl...or Projectra .Better!

From UK with glamour.
#69876 07/29/04 12:18 PM
A
Active
Active
A
...or maybe:

Jan, Cece, Gim, and Candi!

#69877 07/29/04 12:31 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Close, but no cigar.

It's Jan in Sun Boy's corpse, Quantum Queen, Gim and Candi. Together they make up what's affectionately known as the Legion of the Living Dead. (James Cullen and Garth are members, too, but they're don't appear in this pic.)

#69878 07/29/04 12:39 PM
A
Active
Active
A
Quantum Queen! What a way to get me invested in the reboot! She and Princess Projectra could get into little royal spats.

#69879 07/30/04 03:59 PM
Honorary
Honorary
Okay. Maybe shoot me now. I'm with this series. I'm going to give it a chance. This is an amazing idea. People who get together to do what they can BECAUSE they can.
Yeah, I wan't Uboy to be there. Yeah Ferro. Yeah Coz, Imra n Garth. Yeah my faves (especially Vi, sigh). But that may not happen. I understand. That IS a problem. But I'm going to give this series the same chance I'd give a brand new team book. Perhaps MORE because it comes under the Legion banner.
We should try. We owe our favourites that much for all their service over the years.
We want them to survive in the years to come. As long as the friendship, the love, the heroics, the downright, honest to goodness, simple plain fact that our guys are the GOOD GUYS, is there I'm going to be there.
For our guys, you come too.
After all, in whatever form, in whatever universe, in whatever time, with whatever members :
1) Our heroes will be in our hearts forever.
2) LONG LIVE THE LEGION!!!!!

"Are we still alive? Then there's hope." Coz.
"Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost." Optimus Prime.
"Death is Singular."
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,023
Posts1,045,610
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Kid Metal \m/
Kid Metal \m/
Kansas City
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star