Roll Call
0 members (), 21 Murran Spies, and 106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/30/24 07:24 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 05/30/24 05:50 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/30/24 05:09 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/30/24 04:52 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/30/24 04:51 AM
Legion Worlds Nine updated 29 May 24
by razsolo - 05/30/24 04:51 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Gaseous Lad - 05/29/24 06:50 PM
"Death of a Legionnaire" -- LSH fan comic (DrakeB3004)
by DrakeB3004 - 05/29/24 09:51 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
LW Elections: ELECTION POLL NOW UP!
#718601 02/19/04 07:01 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
<marquee behavior=alternate> This is the official Legion World elections NOMINATIONS thread! </marquee>

First of all, a few comments. Please note that these reflect only my own opinion, and not that of Legion World, Inc.! (Your mileage may vary. smile )

I will not be running in this election. I’ve had a terrific time as Leader, but I don’t think it’s fair for elected officials to have multiple terms –- at least not yet, not when there are still so many deserving people out there who haven’t had the chance to have this experience even once. I feel like this privilege should be reserved for them, and not for those of us who have already had our moment in the spotlight.

Also, Legion World is all about diversity –- diversity of viewpoints, backgrounds, senses of humor, you name it. There are tons of people who would bring their own variety of insight and fun to these elected positions, and I would love to see them do it.

A brief note about my own nomination philosophy –- I feel that it’s an honor and a privilege to be elected to the positions of Leader and Deputy, and I’m thankful to everyone who helped get me here. And because I feel it’s an honor and a privilege to be in this position, I believe in nominating and voting for people who would do something with the position that they wouldn’t do as a regular poster.

I’m also looking to nominate and vote for people who have a fairly significant presence on the boards. By this, I don’t mean that they necessarily need to post to every forum every day –- but I'd hope that my nominees are relatively visible over the next three months, to help make all of Legion World fun for everyone here.

Anyhow, like I said, these are just my opinions. They're not meant to refer to anyone or anything specifically -- I just figured I'd take the opportunity to use this soapbox while I'm up here. wink The important thing is to have fun and enjoy these elections, because they don't come every day. smile

Re: LW Elections: ELECTION POLL NOW UP!
#718602 02/19/04 07:10 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
OK, now on to the good stuff. laugh

1) The nominations process will take place in two rounds.

The first round will last from now until approximately 5:00 PM board time on Monday, February 23. During this round, you may nominate one person by sending me a PM (private message) with the name of the person you wish to nominate. To send me a PM, click on the [Linked Image] icon above.

Please do not post nominations on this or any other thread! All nominations should be made in the form of a private message to me. Thanks! laugh

At least once daily during the first round, I will post a list of all the people up to that point who have received at least one nomination. The list will be in random order, and will not indicate the total number of nominations that the people in the list have each received –- just the fact that each person has one or more nominations.

The second round will start on Monday evening and last until approximately 5:00 PM board time on Friday, February 27. When the second round begins, I will post a list of everyone that has been nominated up to that point, including the total number of nominations each person has received. People who made a nomination in the first round may choose to nominate someone else in the second round. Anyone who did not make a nomination in the first round may make up to two nominations in the second round (for two different people). Also, each person may only make up to two nominations total -- you can't use alt IDs to get around this rule. wink

At this point, anyone on the list of nominees may choose to post a brief statement on this thread explaining why people should vote for them. It’s optional, and if you choose to make a statement, it can be silly, serious –- whatever you want.

2) Once the second round of nominations is over, the top five+ candidates will move on to the election poll. The number of candidates moving on will be determined as follows: at least five will move on, unless there are fewer than five people on the list at that point (geez, I sure hope not!), in which case all of the nominees will move on. If there are multiple people tied for first, second, third, fourth, or fifth place, such that there are more than five top candidates, then all of those people tied will move on. (I hope this makes sense.) The candidates will have several days in which to campaign to their heart’s content before the actual poll is posted. The official election poll will be posted at approximately 5:00 PM board time on Tuesday, March 2, and be up for approximately one week.

3) Each person is only eligible to be nominated under one ID. This can be either the person’s primary ID or an “alt ID.” If a person has more than one ID nominated, he/she will be contacted promptly and asked to choose one or the other ID.

4) You may nominate yourself or one of your alt IDs.

5) I will include in the nominations list the five noms that were already made on the other thread, but all future noms should be made via PM. Just to confirm (in case I missed anyone on that thread, please let me know) -- Quis nominated Pofo; Pofo nominated himself; Sonnie nominated Numf and Icey; and Stoopid Cat nominated itself.

6) Nominations cannot be changed once they are made, except under the most extenuating circumstances. Changes are solely at my discretion.

7) The people in the list below have declined to participate in this election. There were a few others who declined in the last election, but did not appear to have been online in the last couple of days –- so, to be on the safe side, I have not included them on the list below. If your name does not appear on the list, but you have decided that you are not interested in participating in the election and/or would like to decline a nomination, please let me know as soon as possible through PM.

8) If someone you nominate declines, I will contact you as soon as possible to let you know, and ask you to make another nomination, if you wish. The declinee list will also be updated regularly to reflect any changes.

Good luck to all, and happy nominating! cool

(Any questions, please post 'em here. wink )

#718603 02/19/04 08:25 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Declining:
Abin Quank
Eryk Davis Ester
Fat Cramer
<strike>Greybird</strike>
He Who Wanders
Kid Prime
Lightning Lad
MLLASH
Nightcrawler
rickshaw1
Semi Transparent Fellow
STU
Thriftshop Debutante

#718604 02/19/04 10:55 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I decline nomination.

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#718605 02/19/04 11:02 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
frown

#718606 02/19/04 11:26 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
The following Legion Worlders have received one or more nominations:

icefire
Varalent
Numf-El
Stoopid Cat
Quislet
Cobalt Kid
Portfolio Boy

[Updated 6:38 AM board time on Friday.]

#718607 02/20/04 02:22 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
" At this point, anyone on the list of nominees may choose to post a brief statement
on this thread explaining why people should vote for them. It’s optional, and if you
choose to make a statement, it can be silly, serious –- whatever you want."

Does this mean you want to keep election/campaign posts off the board until the actual election period starts?

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#718608 02/20/04 05:50 AM
G
Leader
Leader
G
{[...] The people in the list below have declined to participate in this election. }

No, I declined a nomination in the LAST election. There's still a difference.

We don't have nearly enough election rules yet {rueful smile} and you really must issue an addendum, so I'm declining to "decline" by default. Please take me off that list.

#718609 02/20/04 06:54 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
It would be like a day without sunshine...

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#718610 02/20/04 07:20 AM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
" At this point, anyone on the list of nominees may choose to post a brief statement
on this thread explaining why people should vote for them. It&#146;s optional, and if you
choose to make a statement, it can be silly, serious &#150;- whatever you want."

Does this mean you want to keep election/campaign posts off the board until the actual election period starts?
My original inclination was to suggest not campaigning at all until the final list of candidates was set. I think that it can be a little awkward campaigning while nominations are still ongoing, knowing that there's a good possibility that one might not make it to the election poll if a lot of noms are submitted in the last couple of days in the nomination period.

Upon reflection, I decided that that would take too much fun and spontaneity out of the nomination/election process.

Nominees should feel free to campaign however much they wish, whenever they wish -- although I would still suggest that the most heavy-duty campaigning be saved until at least the second round (with the numbers) begins on Monday.

The nominee statement was just to ensure that people knew they could post something to this "official" thread if they wanted to at that point -- because others might have time only to check in here, and not at numerous other campaign threads on the MMB.

#718611 02/20/04 07:34 AM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by Greybird:
{[...] The people in the list below have declined to participate in this election. }

No, I declined a nomination in the LAST election. There's still a difference.
No, you clearly declined a nomination in THIS election by your words and your actions.

Even with its being quite firm for some of us -- such as for me -- you shouldn't rule out the possibility of changing one's mind. If I were inclined to run, I'd have been quite chagrined if I had missed this thread, as I did until today, and you assumed that I didn't want to do so.
I can understand if someone whose name appeared on that earlier list simply hadn't had the chance to read my posts about asking to be taken off. That's why, as I stated above, I erred on the side of caution and left off the names of people who I wasn't sure had been around in the last couple of days. But that clearly was not the case with you.

Your words and attitude indicate beyond a shadow of a doubt that you didn't miss my statements on the other nominations thread. You knew full well that, had you wanted to "change your mind" about taking your name off the previously-declined list, all you had to do was to send me an e-mail or PM. (In fact, just about everyone else whose name appears on that list did so.) Moreover, you had plenty of time -- almost 48 hours, during which you were on LW and posting -- in which to do so.

Yet you deliberately chose not to.

I don't know whether you're acting this way out of vanity, sheer arrogance, or simply the idea that, as a general matter, rules just don't apply to you.

Whatever the reason, it's blatantly manipulative, and already well beyond tiresome.

#718612 02/20/04 09:40 AM
Leader
Leader
If Grey doesn't want his nomination, can I have it?

#718613 02/20/04 02:28 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
It's his declining of the nomination he doesn't want. I suppose YOU can have *that*, though...

#718614 02/20/04 02:58 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I am actually going to give it a go this time! I know I have been away for about a month but I had a family emergency, Please do not give me sympathy votes!
I want you to vote for me because it would be so much fun!!!!!!!!!

Let the Fun Begin!
#718615 02/20/04 03:10 PM
G
Leader
Leader
G
{[...] No, you clearly declined a nomination in THIS election by your words and your actions. }

Ah, but did I follow the morocco-bound, multi-volume Legion World Election
Code :rolleyes: by sending you an e-mail or PM, one way or the other? Nope.

It's the presumption I didn't care for, not whether you were accurate or not.

{[...] Whatever the reason, it's blatantly manipulative, and already well beyond tiresome. }

Well, then, as to the last point, the posts at the start of this thread are obviously following my own sterling example {self-reflecting ironic smile}

We don't need such a Rube Goldberg apparatus . It's getting a bit out of hand.

Edit: To add a link for this last allusion. I'm showing my age, I guess ...

#718616 02/20/04 03:27 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Jeepers! Is Grey running or isn't he?

If not, this is shaping up to be the most exciting faux-campaign since Fat Cramer!

#718617 02/20/04 03:27 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Jeepers! Is Grey running or isn't he?

If not, this is shaping up to be the most exciting faux-campaign since Fat Cramer!

#718618 02/20/04 03:27 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
It's so exciting I had to double post about it!

#718619 02/20/04 03:29 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
This is only the third election here at LW, and we're refining the process as we go along. I think the 8-step procedure listed is clear and detailed. The initial post represents Stu's personal comments about elections, which I found interesting and welcome.

I think - and hope - that most of us see this as another Legion World game, and although one can make it as serious or silly as one desires, no toes are intentionally trod upon.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#718620 02/20/04 03:33 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Shucks, Cramey, I still think it's a waste you won't run! We need more chicks in power!!!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#718621 02/20/04 03:34 PM
G
Leader
Leader
G
I do not choose to not choose to run for president in 1928 ... er, for leader in 2004.

In other words, if some people want to nominate me, the crazy fools, I'll let 'em.

Stu's motives are open and honest enough. It's the rule-making that's getting too serious for me.

#718622 02/20/04 03:38 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I know that I see it as another Legion World game smile ! I believe that the Legion World leader should never have any powers whatsoever, and should mainly be an honorary position that's fun to have for everyone.

Theoretically, the whole point of a leader is that if a leader tells us to do something, we can say 'no', and assert our independence, empowering ourselves! smile

#718623 02/20/04 03:39 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'll nominate Greybird ONLY if he promises to not drop out of the running at the last nanosecond!

Why am I nominating Grey? I'm curious to see how the status of Leader might affect him. Will he go power-mad and rule with an iron fist? Will he crack under the pressure and be reduced to posting nothing but nonsensical gibberish? Will Reep return during Grey's administration? Or will Grey have a perfect time in office?

I just gotta know!!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#718624 02/20/04 03:40 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
For my campaign, here's what I suggest: all the lurkers, the essential proletariat of Legion World, should over throw the top 40 posters in a ruthless and bloody revolution!

After, the leader (if it's me), will co-opt the revolution, assume power and exile the lurker's leaders to another more terrible message board (you know the one wink )! Thus, a new era of communal nirvana will ensure, and history itself will end!

#718625 02/20/04 03:41 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Actually the whole point of ELECTING a leader should be a nod of the head in memory to those LSH Leader elections in the Letter columns of days gone by.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#718626 02/20/04 03:42 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Jeepers!!! (to steal a phrase from EDE)

Now I'm curious to know what'll happen if Grey runs! What if Reep returns and attempts to challenge our leader to a dual! Our we, as Legion Worlders, committed to standing by Grey and vanquishing Reep? Will they have a bloody battle, and to the victor goes the spoils?

#718627 02/20/04 03:43 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
That's exactly how it began, Vee, as a nod to our favorite team.

#718628 02/20/04 03:45 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by MLLASH:
That's exactly how it began, Vee, as a nod to our favorite team.
And why, pray tell, were you stealing my brilliant idea before I came up with it? Hmmmmm? laugh

#718629 02/20/04 03:47 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Yeah, which was so great about it! Here's a list of past LMB leaders smile :

LardLad with Cobalt Kid and Shadowplay in Candlelight Lass as co-deputies

Lash Lad with LardLad as deputy

Loser Lad with Newcru (our very own Princess Crujectra wink ) as deputy

Newcru with Dev-Em as deputy

Seahorse with Beagle Boy as deputy

Stu with Faraway Lad as deputy

Faraway Lad with Poverty Lad as deputy

Cobalt Kid with Omega Man as deputy

Ultra Matt with Greybird as deputy (see, Grey has held a position before!)

Lucien Lad and Stu as co-leaders with Pov and Freekinos as co-deputies (the eastern/western Roman Empire era!)

and now

Princess Crujectra with Eryk Davis Ester as deputy

Stu with He Who Wanders as deputy

It always should be about fun and silliness!

[Edited to make a few minor tweaks! smile ]

#718630 02/20/04 05:01 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Vote for Danny! Weeeeeeeeeee.......

Touch the magic...
#718631 02/20/04 05:05 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
What? I haven;t been nominated? Oh...

Ooops... smile Guess THAT was premature...

Giggle...

Touch the magic...
#718632 02/20/04 05:30 PM
Active
Active
So are we throwing away the Yahoo elections?

You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.
#718633 02/20/04 05:53 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Don't worry, Danny
You're still polling 3 points behind Edwards for the Massachusetts primary...

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#718634 02/20/04 06:13 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I think these ARE the Yahoo elections, Beaglet.

#718635 02/20/04 07:48 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hmmmm. SOmehow this feels like deja vu...

Touch the magic...
#718636 02/20/04 08:57 PM
Leader
Leader
I can't believe that I did not find you guys until these boards and the Crujectra administration! I really am a poster-come-lately.

What are the timeframes on those earlier administrations Cobie?

#718637 02/20/04 09:38 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S

Numf-El
Quislet
Portfolio Boy
Cobalt Kid
Varalent
icefire
Stoopid Cat
L'il Rhino

#718638 02/20/04 09:42 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Declining:
Abin Quank
Eryk Davis Ester
Fat Cramer
He Who Wanders
Kid Prime
Lightning Lad
MLLASH
Nightcrawler
rickshaw1
Semi Transparent Fellow
STU
Thriftshop Debutante

#718639 02/21/04 03:10 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Duke, here is the best I can do off the top of my head at five in the morning (before I slept!):

Lardy elected circa May/April 2000
Lash elected circa Sept. 2000
Loser- Dec. 2000
Newcru- March 2001
Seahorse- June 2001
Stu- Sept. 2001
Faraway Lad-Dec. 2001
Cobalt- March 2002
Ultra Matt- June 2002 (he had an extended term I believe)
Lucien and Stu- Feb. 2003, a bit later or earlier (this was when I was on a break from the internet)
and the Crujeckie and EDE whenever the first elections for this board started! [Edited to add: Sept. 2003]

We've had a long history of leadership elections, and they were all a pretty fun time! Check out the LMBP link in my sig and click on polls for a chance to see how the elections reallly went down! There's about eight of them taken from over the years still in there!

And there are no posters come lately smile ! It was once said that Stu and Pov were 'posters come lately', and two years later, they're pretty much veteran posters among everyone else! Imagine in two to three years (I know, but after four to five myself, it seems reasonable wink ), how much fun it is explaining to people what has gone on before!

#718640 02/21/04 08:17 AM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
The nominations are rolling in!

To nominate a fellow poster, please send me a PM by clicking on the [Linked Image] icon above, with the name of your nominee.

Thanks!

#718641 02/21/04 07:40 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S

Juan
Portfolio Boy
Varalent
l'il rhino
Cobalt Kid
Harbinger
Danny Blaine
Invisible Brainiac
Arachne
Poverty Lad
Quislet
icefire
Outdoor Miner
Numf-El
Stoopid Cat

[EDIT: Updated as of 11:53 AM board time on Sunday.]

#718642 02/22/04 12:00 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by Danny Blaine:
What? I haven;t been nominated? Oh...

Ooops... smile Guess THAT was premature...

Giggle...
Check again! wink

#718643 02/22/04 12:04 PM
in season
in season
I'm in more or less the same rowboat as Grey. I (LYL=TD) declined a nomination in the last election. While I am not interested in running in this election either (and there's my declination), I would prefer that my decisions not be presumed.

#718644 02/22/04 12:51 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
I would prefer not to presume anything. And, in an ideal world (or World), no one would ever have to presume anything about anybody.

However, we do not live in an ideal world. We live in one in which nominations take place over a relatively short time span, and in which some people only log onto Legion World once or twice a week -- and, even then, might not necessarily check the Mission Monitor Board, let alone this thread or the other thread in which I carefully explained why presumptions regarding declinations needed to be made (and gave people several days in which to notify me if my initial presumption turned out to be incorrect).

Now, say Poster X wants to nominate Poster Z, despite the fact that Z has not posted to LW for over five weeks. Poster Y, seeing X's nomination for Z, also decides to nominate Z -- again, despite the fact that Z has not only declined a nomination in the past two elections, but also has not apparently been active on LW for over a month.

Nearly a week after the nomination process has begun, Z shows up and declines the nominations. However, X nor Y do not have schedules that would allow them to frequent LW daily. Consequently, X and Y do not see the fact that Z has declined the nominations until after the nomination period is over. Had X or Y seen the declination, they would have nominated Q instead. However, because they do not come back in time to see the declination, their nominations for Z are effectively wasted, and Q -- who only needed one more nomination to make it to the election poll -- loses out, through no fault of his or her own.

There's inherent unfairness no matter how you structure something like this. Certainly, if Z's declination is presumed before the fact, and then Z shows up several days later and decides that he or she in fact wants to run this time around -- then Z's chances of receiving enough nominations to reach the election poll are diminished. And that, of course, isn't fair to Z either.

But faced with a situation in which any action would encompass some degree of unfairness, decisions had to be made. I weighed the two possible outcomes -- the potential unfairness to Q, against the potential unfairness to Z -- and I made a decision that I believed would minimize any possible unfairness.

Unfortunately, as is sadly apparent from feathers that have become ruffled over the last couple of days, you can't please all of the people all of the time. In fact, you can't please some of the people any of the time.

#718645 02/22/04 12:58 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Jiminy Jillikers! You shoulda just let 'em nominate THEMSELVES, Stuey! I tried to tell ya...!

#718646 02/22/04 01:22 PM
in season
in season
Originally posted by STU:

7) The people in the list below have declined to participate in this election. There were a few others who declined in the last election, but did not appear to have been online in the last couple of days &#8211;- so, to be on the safe side, I have not included them on the list below.
I declined a nom last time and wasn't on LW in the days before the quoted post, yet I was on the list that followed.

#718647 02/22/04 01:38 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
The nomination process will begin later in the week.

One thing I'd like to do this time around is streamline the process so that people who prefer not to run are known from the start of nominations. This saves us a little time, in that people won't have to re-nominate someone if their initial choice turns out to decline.

As of the end of the last round of nominations, thirteen Legion World members had declined .

If your name appears on the list from last time, but you'd be interested in running this time around if nominated, please send me an e-mail (by clicking on the [Linked Image] icon above) by 6:00 PM (board time) on Wednesday evening.

If I haven't received an e-mail from you by that time, I'll assume that you'd prefer not to run this time around either, and will include your name on a list of declinees that I'll post when I open up the nominations this Thursday or so.
The above statement was posted on this thread almost four days before I posted the initial declination list for this round of nominations.

During those four days, I received e-mails and PMs from many of the people whose names appeared on the list from last time. And, just to make doubly sure that I wouldn't be making any unwarranted presumptions on anyone's behalf, I e-mailed and/or PMed most of the remaining people on the list whom I hadn't heard from, to confirm that they wouldn't mind being included on the declination list this time around.

I didn't send an e-mail or PM to anyone on the last list who had previously made it clear that they have no interest in communicating privately with me via e-mail or PM. I neither cared to antagonize anybody by doing something that ran counter to their express wishes, nor waste my own time and effort by sending out an e-mail or PM that would most likely have been deleted, unread.

There didn't seem to be any reason earlier to provide the above explanation -- since it is rather lengthy and touches on issues that the LW public in general does not need to know -- so I instead provided a succinct explanation that omitted certain details that would be irrelevant to over 99% of the people reading the thread, and (I thought) obvious to the other 1% or so.

#718648 02/22/04 01:51 PM
T
Substitute
Substitute
T

Juan
Portfolio Boy
Varalent
l'il rhino
Cobalt Kid
Harbinger
Danny Blaine
Invisible Brainiac
Arachne
Poverty Lad
Quislet
icefire
Outdoor Miner
Numf-El
Stoopid Cat

[EDIT: Updated as of 11:53 AM board time on Sunday.]
Fools.

Poppa Rotzi, EIC
#718649 02/22/04 01:53 PM
T
Substitute
Substitute
T
Declining:
Abin Quank
Eryk Davis Ester
Fat Cramer
He Who Wanders
Kid Prime
Lightning Lad
MLLASH
Nightcrawler
rickshaw1
Semi Transparent Fellow
STU
Thriftshop Debutante
Fools.

Poppa Rotzi, EIC
#718650 02/22/04 01:56 PM
in season
in season
At the beginning of this thread, you said you were acting on the safe side and not counting declinations from people who hadn't been around. Then last page you said you had to make decisions regarding who had/hadn't effectively declined. And now you say had no intention of asking me like you did others in my situation.

I have now indeed declined, so the point is moot. But whom I choose to email or message with is my business, and I fail to see how it should factor in LW business.

#718651 02/22/04 02:08 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by Leap Year Lass:
At the beginning of this thread, you said you were acting on the safe side and not counting declinations from people who hadn't been around.
As I said above -- which you may have missed, since it was likely added while your last post was being composed -- I provided an explanation that was adequate for purposes of the general LW public. There was no reason to elaborate.

But whom I choose to email or message with is my business, and I fail to see how it should factor in LW business.
When your business impacts how LW business is conducted, it becomes LW business.

#718652 02/22/04 02:20 PM
in season
in season
I'd ask what the hell that means, but I think I'll do the interpreting this time. Email and message with Stu! Or he might not give you the same consideration he gives others while administering an LW election!

That sort of thing could get someone in trouble in the real world. But here...it's just sad.

I don't think I have anything else to say on this. These elections are meant to be fun, and I'll turn it back over to those who are having a good time with it.

#718653 02/22/04 03:08 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
I e-mailed or PMed people on the list purely out of courtesy -- not because I was bound to under some unwritten set of LW election rules, but because I wanted to. Had I not e-mailed or PMed anyone at all, I doubt anyone would have complained -- and, had they done so, I could have simply pointed to my original post and say, "Too bad, you were supposed to contact me, and you didn't."

But I didn't want to do things in such a harsh and unforgiving way. Even though I could have simply sat back and done nothing for four days, and then posted the declination list, I went out of my way to make sure that I double-checked people for whom I felt there was even a shadow of a doubt that they might be interested in running this time around.

Yes, there were a few people whom I didn't send an e-mail or PM to for various reasons. Greybird was one of them -- because, despite the fact that he never contacted me via e-mail or PM, his statements on the other nominations thread made it abundantly clear that he had no interest in running. You (TD/LYL) were another, because I would have thought that any reasonable person would interpret: (1) having one's post count reset to zero + (2) not posting on LW at all for over five weeks, despite being online and posting elsewhere in that same time period + (3) declining, rather forcefully, in both of the previous elections = not interested in running in this election. If there's anyone out there who can come to the opposite conclusion from that same set of facts, please speak up.

(Also, I knew that the other people on the list who were absent from LW in the last week were very likely absent only temporarily -- due to a computer problem or something similar. Certainly, no one else had been gone for over a month.)

In any case, as I said above, e-mailing and PMing people was done out of courtesy. It was not done because election protocol demanded it, or because failing to do so would have resulted in a fundamental unfairness in the election process. It was done as a favor -- no more, no less.

Why on earth would I extend a courtesy or favor to someone who, by their own words, wouldn't return that same courtesy or favor? That's not only illogical, but also mildly masochistic.

What's truly "sad" here is that you've made a specific, crystal-clear request not to be contacted via e-mail or PM. Yet, when that request is honored to the letter, you throw a fit and claim to have been unfairly singled out -- to have not been given the same "consideration" that others were given. How would it have been possible to react in any way that would have satisfied you?

Worst of all, you accused me of doing something that "could get someone in trouble in the real world." But in the real world, no one would complain about the fact that a person has extended a courtesy to certain people, but not to others with whom he has no relationship whatsoever.

The bottom line is this: you've made your point clear, time and time again, that you're under no obligation to do anything for anyone you don't want to. That's fine. But why shouldn't the same principle apply to everyone else? Anything less would be the very definition of hypocrisy.

#718654 02/22/04 04:09 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
With just a little more than 24 hours remaining in this preliminary round, the following Legion Worlders have received one or more nominations:

Juan
Portfolio Boy
Varalent
l'il rhino
Cobalt Kid
Harbinger
Danny Blaine
Invisible Brainiac
Arachne
Poverty Lad
Quislet
icefire
Outdoor Miner
Numf-El
Stoopid Cat

TOMORROW NIGHT: The numbers!

To nominate a fellow poster, please send me a PM by clicking on the [Linked Image] icon above, with the name of your nominee.

Thanks!

#718655 02/22/04 05:07 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
YAY - Danny for Legion Leader! I can see it now! I'll build a tower high in the sky and look down on everyone!

Oh wait... (Mantis just whispered in my ear that that's a bad idea).

OK how about this? A gleaming fortress with a giant picture of me in front? Mantis? No?

Hmmm... I'll have to think on this one...

Touch the magic...
#718656 02/22/04 08:37 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm Switzerland.

#718657 02/22/04 08:58 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Have a run in with Turns You Into A Country Kid again, Kippers?

#718658 02/22/04 09:25 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by Danny Blaine:
Oh wait... (Mantis just whispered in my ear that that's a bad idea).
Hmm... Mantis for LW Leader... now there's an interesting idea...! love

#718659 02/23/04 04:09 AM
Substitute
Substitute
THis one would prefer to let Danny win. That way, this one can manip... advise him from behind the scenes...

This one has arrived!
#718660 02/23/04 05:36 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
I'm Switzerland.
mad That's my line! mad

#718661 02/23/04 06:05 AM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
</font><blockquote> I'm Switzerland.
mad That's my line! mad [/b]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought your line was:

STU, you're

<font size="12]BANNED!

#718662 02/23/04 06:07 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
giggle

Touch the magic...
#718663 02/23/04 06:09 AM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
With about 12 hours remaining in this preliminary round, the following Legion Worlders have received one or more nominations:

Arachne
Outdoor Miner
l'il rhino
Juan
Harbinger
Danny Blaine
Invisible Brainiac
Stoopid Cat
Cobalt Kid
Poverty Lad
Varalent
Quislet
icefire
Numf-El
Portfolio Boy

TONIGHT: The numbers!

#718664 02/23/04 06:11 AM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Declining:
Abin Quank
Eryk Davis Ester
Fat Cramer
He Who Wanders
Kid Prime
Lightning Lad
MLLASH
Nightcrawler
rickshaw1
Semi Transparent Fellow
STU
Thriftshop Debutante/Leap Year Lass

#718665 02/23/04 07:59 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
</font><blockquote>
[b]I'm Switzerland.
mad That's my line! mad [/b]
I thought your line was:

STU, you're

<font size="12]BANNED! [/b]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That too!

#718666 02/23/04 08:08 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hmmmm... tricky formatting doesn't quote well, does it? wink

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#718667 02/23/04 08:11 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
Hmmmm... tricky formatting doesn't quote well, does it? wink
Tell me about it. laugh

#718668 02/23/04 08:13 AM
strange but not a stranger
With about 12 hours remaining in this preliminary round, the following Legion Worlders have received one or more nominations:

Quislet

Darn, I was so close to getting nominated too. Who is "Quislet"? Maybe next election Quislet, Esq. will get nominated wink

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#718669 02/23/04 08:52 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm Switzerland.
No I'm Spartacus.

What? Speak up? What’s that? Oh! he said Switzerland!did he

Bum!

that’s ruined that joke then

lol

Faithfull
#718670 02/23/04 11:18 AM
in season
in season
I'm going to amend a previous statement: I do have something else to say.

But in the real world, no one would complain about the fact that a person has extended a courtesy to certain people, but not to others with whom he has no relationship whatsoever.
In an election? Yes. While the leader position here is largely ceremonial and the election is meant for fun, I think the playing field is expected to be equal. In other words, the election administrator doesn't extend a courtesy to certain people and not others - regardless of relationship or lack thereof.

Actually, you didn't have to contact me. Early in the thread you said: "There were a few others who declined in the last election, but did not appear to have been online in the last couple of days &#8211;- so, to be on the safe side, I have not included them on the list below." I fit both circumstances but I WAS on the list.

Initially I figured that could easily be a list transcription or cut-and-paste gaffe (I know I've done that sort of thing by mistake). But the lengthy responses about your rationale didn't square with "to be on the safe side".

It's very curious that you choose to comment on our previous email communication. I try to keep off-board stuff off the board, but now here it is. We both know what happened, but for anyone else following this: Stu asked me for personal information. I didn't share this information with him. He was upset that I didn't.

Using that as a rationale here...that is sad.

#718671 02/23/04 12:41 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Back to the nonsense.

I'm the Caymans. Send me all your ill-gotten gains for safe-keeping.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#718672 02/23/04 12:45 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Ahem...

So tonight is the final tally?

Touch the magic...
#718673 02/23/04 12:58 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
...of the first round of nominations. Yup! laugh

#718674 02/23/04 02:41 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Back to the nonsense.

I'm the Caymans. Send me all your ill-gotten gains for safe-keeping.
If you mean ill-gotten "weight" gains, I'd be glad to send them to you. You are so very kind. laugh

#718675 02/23/04 05:02 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
We both know what happened ...
You make a presumption as to how and why I may have reacted. Since we never spoke about it, how can you possibly "know" that I was upset for the reason you offer?

What upset me was not, as you erroneously presumed, your decision to share or not to share personal information with me. And I don't know whether you actually believe that yourself, or whether you're just saying that because it makes it easier to justify your appalling behavior on this thread.

Rather, what upsets me is your utter rudeness in responding to the simplest of interactions -- your apparent belief that the rules simply don't apply to you, including the rules of common civility.

But I hardly need to elaborate on your hair-trigger penchant for rudeness. It's self-evident to everyone who's read our posts over the last couple of pages. All of my responses to you have been calm and measured. In contrast, your last few responses to me have been riddled with insinuations and personal attacks on my character.

Normally, I don't respond to tantrums. And if this interaction were occurring through private channels, I would have long since ignored your unwarranted personal attacks. But it's neither fair to me, nor to any of the other people who come to this thread for information about the nominations, to let this sort of childish fit continue -- because whether or not you personally believe what you've said about me is irrelevent. These sorts of comments simply have no place on a congenial board like LW -- and certainly not when the person to whom you're speaking has not leveled such personal attacks at you.

I brought up the e-mail/PM situation solely to explain why I didn't think it would have been fruitful to try to contact you regarding the declination list. No other reason. I described the situation in as objective a manner as possible -- and certainly not in a way that would have suggested anything negative about you. In response, you repeatedly characterize my behavior as "sad" and offer inflammatory opinions of my character that are entirely irrelevant to the issue of nominations.

It boils down to this: for a number of reasons, I didn't contact you and one or two others about the declination list. One of the main reasons I didn't contact you was because you'd specifically asked not to be contacted via e-mail or PM. If our positions were reversed, I have no doubt that you would have chosen not to contact me.

Being in a situation where I had no direct input from you, I had to make an educated guess as to whether or not you'd want to be included on the declination list. I based that presumption on a number of factors that I've already listed -- reset post count, no activity on LW for over a month despite regular activity elsewhere, and forceful declination in the last two elections. But had I come to the opposite conclusion -- leaving you off the list -- that would have involved a presumption as well. I'm not going to waste further time trying to justify something that would have been a lose-lose situation no matter what I did.

And I'm not going to waste further time allowing you to turn something that's fun for everybody into your own personal vendetta. If you want to continue your rude and hurtful tirade, there are plenty of other ways to do it -- just not here. Not any longer.

#718676 02/23/04 05:17 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
<ahem>

Is this thing on? <taps on mike>

When are the nomination round results going to be announced? I'm waiting with baited breath.

Touch the magic...
#718677 02/23/04 05:18 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
You been eating worms, Danny?

Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...
#718678 02/23/04 05:19 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
<shhhh> don't tell anyone. It's how I keep my stamina...

Touch the magic...
#718679 02/23/04 05:22 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
99.9% Protien, Good Choice! But! I think Ant Brood Tacos are tastier

Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...
#718680 02/23/04 05:25 PM
Active
Active
**Purr**

If you two are finished, I'd like to hear the nomination results. STU is probably trying to figure out how I got so far ahead.

**Purr**

When you're in Danger or in Trouble I will be there on the Double.
#718681 02/23/04 05:35 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
[STU wipes tear of mirth from his eye]

*sigh*

Stoopid Cat, you just made my day! lol

#718682 02/23/04 05:37 PM
Active
Active
**Purr**

Don't take much, do it? [Hrumf, DOGS!]

**Purr**

#718683 02/23/04 05:47 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Since it's now "approximately" 5:00 PM board time... (ties are listed in alphabetical order)

Poster - Number of nominations

Varalent - 6
icefire - 2
Outdoor Miner - 2
Portfolio Boy - 2
Arachne - 1
Cobalt Kid - 1
Danny Blaine - 1
Harbinger - 1
Invisible Brainiac - 1
Juan - 1
l'il rhino - 1
Poverty Lad - 1
Quislet, Esq. - 1
Stoopid Cat - 1

From now until the end of nominations (approximately 5:00 PM board time on Friday) -- you may make an additional nomination (for a different person) if you've already made a nomination up to this point. If you haven't made a nomination yet, you may make up to two.

Best of luck to everyone! smile

#718684 02/23/04 05:52 PM
Active
Active
**Hiss**

I demand a re-count! Everybody knows Dogs can't count! It's discrimination I tells ya!

**Hiss**

#718685 02/23/04 05:54 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Way to go Vee!!!!!!!

Let the Fun Begin!
#718686 02/23/04 05:56 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Declining:
Abin Quank
Eryk Davis Ester
Fat Cramer
He Who Wanders
Kid Prime
Lightning Lad
MLLASH
Nightcrawler
Numf-El
rickshaw1
Semi Transparent Fellow
STU

#718687 02/23/04 05:58 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
By the way, to clarify -- the numbers will be posted from now until the end of nominations, and they'll be updated at least daily.

#718688 02/23/04 05:59 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
shocked Thanks shocked

#718689 02/23/04 06:08 PM
Active
Active
**Purr**

And to my respected opponents (Varilent, Icefire, Outdoor Miner, Portfolio Boy, Arachne, Cobalt Kid, Danny Blaine, Harbinger, Invisible Brainiac, Juan, l'il rhino, Poverty Lad, & Quislet, Esq.)
I say "May the best Cat win!" laugh

**Purr**

#718690 02/23/04 07:26 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
But Cramer isn't run....Oh yeah, I mean, uh, good luck to you too, SC.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#718691 02/23/04 08:51 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S

Varalent - 6
icefire - 3
Cobalt Kid - 2
Outdoor Miner - 2
Portfolio Boy - 2
Poverty Lad - 2
Arachne - 1
Danny Blaine - 1
Harbinger - 1
Invisible Brainiac - 1
Juan - 1
l'il rhino - 1
Quislet, Esq. - 1
Stoopid Cat - 1

#718692 02/23/04 09:26 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hmmm. We need more grrrl power around here, so I'll throw my hat into Harbinger & Arachne's rings!

#718693 02/24/04 01:03 AM
G
Leader
Leader
G
You're always this fickle, Lash LaRue? Promises forgotten in, oh, a mere five pages *sob* wink

#718694 02/24/04 05:28 AM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S

Varalent - 6
Arachne - 3
Cobalt Kid - 3
icefire - 3
Poverty Lad - 3
Harbinger - 2
Outdoor Miner - 2
Portfolio Boy - 2
Stoopid Cat - 2
Danny Blaine - 1
Invisible Brainiac - 1
Juan - 1
l'il rhino - 1
Quislet, Esq. - 1

[EDIT: Updated as of 7:05 AM board time.]

#718695 02/24/04 07:11 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
You're always this fickle, Lash LaRue? Promises forgotten in, oh, a mere five pages *sob* wink
Ah, but you never agreed to my terms, Grey! Seriously, I want you to run next election, damn it! I might even run myself just for yuks!

#718696 02/24/04 07:44 AM
thank you to the person who nominated me. I am welcoming of more nominations smile

#718697 02/24/04 08:40 AM
Active
Active
**Purr**

Visit my Litter Box to learn why you should vote Stoopid!

#718698 02/24/04 08:44 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Ummm... SC...

MOST candidates just put out cookies... eek shake puke

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#718699 02/24/04 11:51 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Here are some cookies Pov!

Vote for me and I won't raze Legion World to the ground with my armies! Ha, just a little triumvir humor there, no really...

#718700 02/24/04 12:22 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I also promise bread for every Legion Worlder to be full and circuses for every Legion Worlder to be entertained!

#718701 02/24/04 12:25 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Before we get into the rigors of the campaign I wanted to congratulate all my fellow candidates (Arachne, Cobalt Kid, Danny Blaine, icefire, Harbinger, Invisible Brainiac, Juan, l'il rhino, Outdoor Miner, Portfolio Boy, Poverty Lad, Quislet, Esq., & Stoopid Cat) on their nomination.

Legion World is once again fortunate to have such a talented & fun group of people nominated and I look forward to everything the campaign trail may bring!

Good luck everyone!

#718702 02/24/04 12:32 PM
Truer words were never spoken, Varalent (even if I wasn't included in the nominees)

I do offer to let the other candiates stop by my porch for a rest if the campaigning gets too tiring. There are plenty of Comfy chairs (with footrests) and food and drink. There is always a pleasant breeze and soft music can be heard drifting out the kitchen window from the radio.

#718703 02/24/04 02:28 PM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
thank you to the person who nominated me. I am welcoming of more nominations smile
I would thank the person how nominated me, except I beleive they were both from alt ID's of mine.

sob choke

And after all I have given, where is the love?

#718704 02/24/04 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
[b]thank you to the person who nominated me. I am welcoming of more nominations smile
I would thank the person how nominated me, except I beleive they were both from alt ID's of mine.

sob choke

And after all I have given, where is the love? [/b]
Portfolio Boy,

Let me make one thing perfectly clear, I am not now nor was I ever one of your alt IDs. I was one of the two people who nominated you (I think you as yourself was the second)

Why don't you come by my porch and set a spell. We can talk about the important issues facing Legion World. There are plenty of comfy chairs and refreshments. If the soft music is too loud, I can always turn it off.

#718705 02/24/04 03:09 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hmmm... I'm willing to throw the full force of the Psyonian Public Relations Department behind a candidate, but I'm not sure whose platform I want to climb on top of...

#718706 02/24/04 03:24 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
Hmmm... I'm willing to throw the full force of the Psyonian Public Relations Department behind a candidate, but I'm not sure whose platform I want to climb on top of...
**Purr**

I volunteer to sit on your lap and let you stroke me while you ponder such a monumental decision.

**Purr**

#718707 02/24/04 06:16 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S

Varalent - 7

Harbinger - 4
Poverty Lad - 4
Quislet, Esq. - 4

Cobalt Kid - 3
icefire - 3
Stoopid Cat - 3

Outdoor Miner - 2
Portfolio Boy - 2

Danny Blaine - 1
Invisible Brainiac - 1
Juan - 1
l'il rhino - 1

[Wow! This list has changed like three times in the last two hours!]

#718708 02/24/04 06:20 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
To nominate someone, click on the [Linked Image] icon.

Declining:
Abin Quank
Arachne
Eryk Davis Ester
Fat Cramer
Greybird
He Who Wanders
Kid Prime
Lightning Lad
MLLASH
Nightcrawler
Numf-El
rickshaw1
Semi Transparent Fellow
STU

#718709 02/24/04 08:01 PM
Leader
Leader
Hey STU, since you are the current leader, and since you are not running again, why not moderate a candidate's debate?

I suggest starting a seperate debate thread where you ask questions (either your own, or those PM'ed to you by other members) and the candidates each give their answer.

A debae should give the voting membership a clearer picture on the views and potentialities of hte various candidates running.

#718710 02/24/04 08:11 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
A capital idea! I was just thinking of something similar...

#718711 02/24/04 08:15 PM
Leader
Leader
I should like to take a moment to mention that any candidate who can so easily come up with such capitol ideas, is surely worthy of another nomination or two.

I gladly, and humbly, accept nominations from any who have not already squandered their given alotment on other candidates.

#718712 02/24/04 08:29 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
I should like to take a moment to mention that any candidate who can so easily come up with such capitol ideas ...
I said "capital" ideas. wink

smile

#718713 02/24/04 08:32 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S

Varalent - 7

Harbinger - 4
Poverty Lad - 4
Quislet, Esq. - 4

Cobalt Kid - 3
icefire - 3
Stoopid Cat - 3

Invisible Brainiac - 2
Outdoor Miner - 2
Portfolio Boy - 2

Danny Blaine - 1
Juan - 1
l'il rhino - 1
the boy with UltraPowers - 1

Another change... I figure I'd stop before I edited that last post into dust...

#718714 02/24/04 08:36 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
To nominate someone, click on the [Linked Image] icon.

Dammit, I keep clicking on that icon, and it's not WORKING! mad wink

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#718715 02/24/04 10:27 PM
Not much between despair and ecstacy
Pov, are you clicking on the icon in the header line of the post, or the one in the body of the text? The former should work, the latter won't.

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#718716 02/24/04 11:03 PM
Leader
Leader
[b]I should like to take a moment to mention that any candidate who can so easily come up with such capitol ideas ...
I said "capital" ideas. wink

smile [/b]
If elected, I promise to spellcheck everything at least twice before posting.

#718717 02/25/04 05:56 AM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S

Varalent - 7

Poverty Lad - 5
Quislet, Esq. - 5

Harbinger - 4

Cobalt Kid - 3
icefire - 3
Stoopid Cat - 3

Invisible Brainiac - 2
Outdoor Miner - 2
Portfolio Boy - 2

Danny Blaine - 1
Juan - 1
l'il rhino - 1

#718718 02/25/04 05:57 AM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
To nominate someone, click on the [Linked Image] icon located above.

Declining:
Abin Quank
Arachne
Eryk Davis Ester
Fat Cramer
He Who Wanders
Kid Prime
Lightning Lad
MLLASH
Nightcrawler
Numf-El
rickshaw1
Semi Transparent Fellow
STU

#718719 02/25/04 06:36 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
Pov, are you clicking on the icon in the header line of the post, or the one in the body of the text?
I was being silly, HWW... Sorry it wasn't clearer. That's what I get for trying to be funny so close to bedtime! :rolleyes: shocked

#718720 02/25/04 07:57 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Hm, Homecoming Queen says you're even funnier when you're in bed! Especially with a bondage mask on!!!

#718721 02/25/04 04:50 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
If elected, I promise to spellcheck everything at least twice before posting.
Best to keep the campaign promises at a reasonable level, I think.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#718722 02/25/04 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Pov:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
[b] Pov, are you clicking on the icon in the header line of the post, or the one in the body of the text?
I was being silly, HWW... Sorry it wasn't clearer. That's what I get for trying to be funny so close to bedtime! :rolleyes: shocked [/b]
If I'd been paying attention to the icons, I might have picked up on your subtlety. wink

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#718723 02/25/04 06:04 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
[b]If elected, I promise to spellcheck everything at least twice before posting.
Best to keep the campaign promises at a reasonable level, I think. [/b]
rotflmao

#718724 02/25/04 08:22 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
[b]If elected, I promise to spellcheck everything at least twice before posting.
Best to keep the campaign promises at a reasonable level, I think.[/b]
That's why Cobie hasn't made this particular promise. wink laugh hug

#718725 02/25/04 09:09 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S

Varalent - 7

Poverty Lad - 5
Quislet, Esq. - 5

Harbinger - 4

Cobalt Kid - 3
icefire - 3
Stoopid Cat - 3

Invisible Brainiac - 2
Outdoor Miner - 2
Portfolio Boy - 2

Danny Blaine - 1
Juan - 1
l'il rhino - 1

Less than two days left for nominations, and they've started to taper off! Will they be a sudden surge right at the end... or is this list pretty close to final?

#718726 02/25/04 10:15 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
We need more noms for COBIE! C'mon, Cobalt compadres! Let's all get behind our man and nominate him to the ticket!!!

#718727 02/26/04 07:20 AM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Ask, and you shall receive. smile

Varalent - 7

Poverty Lad - 5
Quislet, Esq. - 5

Cobalt Kid - 4
Harbinger - 4
icefire - 4

Stoopid Cat - 3

Invisible Brainiac - 2
Juan - 2
Outdoor Miner - 2
Portfolio Boy - 2

Danny Blaine - 1
l'il rhino - 1

#718728 02/26/04 05:23 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Has <strike>Portfolio Boy</strike> Kid Hiatus forfeited now? And are those noms thusly up for grabs?

Hmmm...

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#718729 02/26/04 06:04 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S

Varalent - 7

Poverty Lad - 5
Quislet, Esq. - 5

Cobalt Kid - 4
Harbinger - 4
icefire - 4

Outdoor Miner - 3
Stoopid Cat - 3

Invisible Brainiac - 2
Juan - 2
Portfolio Boy - 2

Danny Blaine - 1
l'il rhino - 1

#718730 02/26/04 06:07 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Less than 24 hours left to get in your nominations!

#718731 02/27/04 07:03 AM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S

Varalent - 7

Poverty Lad - 5
Quislet, Esq. - 5

Cobalt Kid - 4
Harbinger - 4
icefire - 4

Outdoor Miner - 3
Stoopid Cat - 3

Danny Blaine - 2
Invisible Brainiac - 2
Juan - 2
l'il rhino - 2
Portfolio Boy - 2
the boy with UltraPowers - 2

Less than 12 hours left!

To make a nomination, please send me a PM by clicking on the [Linked Image] icon above. Thanks! cool

#718732 02/27/04 07:14 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Wow. 5 noms? I'm flattered. Thank you. shocked

If elected, I promise: No DARK POV! laugh

#718733 02/27/04 07:15 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
If elected, I promise: [b]No DARK POV! laugh [/b]
In that case, I'd like to withdraw my nomination. laugh

#718734 02/27/04 07:35 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
eek ! lol

#718735 02/27/04 11:50 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Does that mean if you're not elected, it's Dark Pov all the way? Maybe we could get together and cause some mayhem.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#718736 02/27/04 03:10 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I kinda like dark Pov!!!!!

Let the Fun Begin!
#718737 02/27/04 03:20 PM
Originally posted by icefire:
I kinda like dark Pov!!!!!
Wait til you see Dark Quis!

Um not that there is or will be a Dark Quis.

Unless you like the idea.

Um oh look at the Moose! *Pointing in the other direction*

#718738 02/27/04 03:53 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hmmm, Dark Quis - the lawyer from hell. Sorry Quis, that's been done - over and over and over. Try something daringly original - the opposite: Saint Quis, the beatified lawyer. laugh

#718739 02/27/04 03:57 PM
Who said Dark Quis was a lawyer?

#718740 02/27/04 04:02 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Once a lawyer, always a lawyer. It's the dark spot you can't get out.

#718741 02/27/04 06:30 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Before I post the final nomination results, I wanted to re-post this little tidbit from the election procedure, way back on page one:

2) Once the second round of nominations is over, the top five+ candidates will move on to the election poll. The number of candidates moving on will be determined as follows: at least five will move on, unless there are fewer than five people on the list at that point (geez, I sure hope not!), in which case all of the nominees will move on. If there are multiple people tied for first, second, third, fourth, or fifth place, such that there are more than five top candidates, then all of those people tied will move on. (I hope this makes sense.)

#718742 02/27/04 06:46 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by icefire:
[b] I kinda like dark Pov!!!!!
Wait til you see Dark Quis!

Um not that there is or will be a Dark Quis.

Unless you like the idea.

Um oh look at the Moose! *Pointing in the other direction* [/b]
I definetly like the idea!!!

Let the Fun Begin!
#718743 02/27/04 07:08 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
<marquee behavior=alternate>FINAL TALLY!</marquee>

Varalent - 7

Poverty Lad - 5
Quislet, Esq. - 5

Cobalt Kid - 4
Harbinger - 4
icefire - 4
Stoopid Cat - 4

Danny Blaine - 3
Outdoor Miner - 3
the boy with UltraPowers - 3

Invisible Brainiac - 2
Juan - 2
l'il rhino - 2
Portfolio Boy - 2

The top three nominees are Varalent, Poverty Lad, and Quislet, Esq. They will be moving on to the election poll.

However, there must be at least five candidates in the poll, and there is a four-way tie for fourth/fifth -- which means that the following nominees all move on to the election poll as well: Cobalt Kid, Harbinger, icefire, and Stoopid Cat.

Congratulations to all our LW Leader candidates! cheers

Varalent
Poverty Lad
Quislet, Esq.
Cobalt Kid
Harbinger
icefire
Stoopid Cat

And thanks to everyone for participating! The election poll will be posted at approximately 5:00 PM board time on Tuesday, March 2, and will be up for approximately one week.

Because of the increased number of candidates this time around, there will be some minor changes to the polling format, which will be announced shortly.

In the meantime, campaign away! laugh

#718744 02/27/04 07:10 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Maybe we could get together and cause some mayhem.
Who's to say that can't happen if I AM elected? laugh There's definitely room in my cabinet for you, FC... maybe as head of security, after I strip Cobie of that position for daring to run against me! mad evil

#718745 02/27/04 07:16 PM
Active
Active
[b] Maybe we could get together and cause some mayhem.
Who's to say that can't happen if I AM elected? laugh There's definitely room in my cabinet for you, FC... maybe as head of security, after I strip Cobie of that position for daring to run against me! mad evil [/b]
**Purr**

Well, Well, Well, Looks like torturing kittens wasn't enough to satisfy you was it Pov... Now it's threats to the other candidates, what's next? Does your campaign manager wear a cloak?

**Purr**

#718746 02/27/04 07:18 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I made the ballot, I made the ballt!!!!

Let the Fun Begin!
#718747 02/27/04 10:46 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Thanks to everyone that nominated me. I'm up north for a family function so won't have much access to the computer this weekend but look forward to the "campaign" when I get back! Congrats to the other nominees

#718748 02/28/04 01:47 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Congrats to everyone nominated and everyone that made it to the final round! Now, let the fun continue!

And Pov, you're threats against me show that you're an evil and terrible member of the Legion World community. Being someone who would never use violence myself, I'm disgusted by your threats wink .

And I'm security chief for life dammit!

#718749 02/28/04 03:19 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
GRRL POWER!!

VOTE HARBINGER!!

#718750 02/28/04 09:02 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I just want to thank the people who nominated me. It's quite an honor.

Juan

#718751 02/28/04 05:48 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Thanks to everyone who nominated me!!!!!

Let the Fun Begin!
#718752 02/29/04 12:20 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
VOTE COBALT KID!!!

#718753 02/29/04 04:59 PM
Just popped in here to see the results.

Thank you everyone for nominating me. Let's hope the campaign is as fun as the nominating was.

#718754 02/29/04 05:49 PM
POV,

You don't seem to have a campiagn thread, so I will congratulate you here.

#718755 02/29/04 07:28 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
And I'm security chief for life dammit!
Do you think you can manage the momentous task of leading Legion World while still acting as security chief? wink

(And making those seemingly never-ending repairs to your statue? laugh )

#718756 02/29/04 07:52 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Well, I can manage the repairs to the statue no matter what my responsibilites are laugh . My fans demand it!

And if I'm elected Legion World leader (or deputy), I will appoint a member of Legion World as 'co-Security Chief' on a three month basis to help me run things for my term. That should make things move along more smoothly. wink

#718757 02/29/04 08:17 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I will appoint a member of Legion World as 'co-Security Chief' on a three month basis
[STU slowly and surreptitiously backs out of the room]

#718758 03/01/04 11:44 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Ahem!

#718759 03/01/04 02:17 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Thanks to everyone who has given support to my cause, unfortunately here's where my campaign ends! Real life has unfortunately dictated that the time I can spend here will be cut in the weeks to come as I take on a few students in the evening.

Best of luck to the remaining competitors, especially the lovely Icefire.

Hope all are well

Bxx

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
#718760 03/01/04 02:56 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Aw, we'll miss you B!

I hope you don't spend too much time away, you're a major Legion World mainstay! Good luck with the evening students, don't get too burnt out!

We love you Belinda smile !

#718761 03/01/04 03:02 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Thank you Des, I appreciate the sentiment (though 'major LW mainstay' may not quite be true, it is sweet of you to say).

Bxx

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
#718762 03/01/04 03:17 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Don't stay away to much Belinda it just wouldn't be the same without ya!!!!!

Let the Fun Begin!
#718763 03/01/04 05:57 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
We'll miss you Belinda. The "campaign" will surely suffer without your unique style in play. Good luck with the students and don't be a stranger!

#718764 03/01/04 06:03 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by Harbinger:
Thanks to everyone who has given support to my cause, unfortunately here's where my campaign ends! Real life has unfortunately dictated that the time I can spend here will be cut in the weeks to come as I take on a few students in the evening.
Aw, shucks! frown

Maybe next time, OK Bee? smile

Well, I guess the poll will consist of just six candidates when it goes up tomorrow night...

#718765 03/02/04 07:08 AM
Harbinger,

You are one of the recognizables hear and are well liked and thought of, so that makes you one of the major Legion World mainstays.

Sorry to hear you won't be here as much. Good luck with your students. Tell them they have to learn quickly because you have people waiting for you wink

#718766 03/02/04 01:18 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
You're welcome, Quis! My one little nomination in the first round has grown to a full-fledged campaign! I feel like such a trend-setter!

#718767 03/02/04 01:31 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Aww! I was excited about a Harbinger VP to Cobie's Prez!

Ah, well....

#718768 03/02/04 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
[b]thank you to the person who nominated me. I am welcoming of more nominations smile
You're welcome, Quis! My one little nomination in the first round has grown to a full-fledged campaign! I feel like such a trend-setter! [/b]
In politics, isn't it "king-maker" rather than "trend-setter"?

Oh and Thank You again. I have been having great fun in campaigning.

#718769 03/02/04 04:53 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Aww! I was excited about a Harbinger VP to Cobie's Prez!

Ah, well....
Kid, you really don't know me if you think I'd be the VP. (Even to the hunkahunka burning love that is Cobie)

VOTE ICEFIRE!

#718770 03/02/04 06:19 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Hey hey hey!

The election poll is now up over at the Vote-O-Matic -- and will stay up for a week!

Vote now!

#718771 03/02/04 08:37 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
KP, I kinda like the idea of Harbinger serving under me too! wink

Nothing dirty there, honest wink !

#718772 03/02/04 08:52 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
I would guess you'd be okay with serving under Harbinger as well, Cobie! wink

#718773 03/02/04 09:34 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
The notion is very agreeable! I live to serve after all wink

#718774 03/03/04 05:57 AM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Then please bring me a doughnut and a couple of breakfast beers.

#718775 03/03/04 11:54 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I need my black work shoes cleaning, my top for tomorrow ironing and could you be a love and give the front room a quick dusting too, thanks there Cobster. Your servile ways are greatly appreciated lol And you'll definitely get my vote if you put the kettle on too while your at it.

#718776 03/03/04 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Harbinger:
I need my black work shoes cleaning, my top for tomorrow ironing and could you be a love and give the front room a quick dusting too, thanks there Cobster. Your servile ways are greatly appreciated lol And you'll definitely get my vote if you put the kettle on too while your at it.
Harbinger,

I could get you a permanent house boy (of your choice)

#718777 03/03/04 04:05 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Quis, I know someone that would LOVE a houseboy (of your choice) wink

#718778 03/03/04 07:34 PM
Active
Active
Remember to Vote for Vee!!!

#718779 03/03/04 08:18 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
VOTE STU!

Sorry, force of habit.

#718780 03/04/04 07:04 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
You guys sure have been busy while I've been gone.

Thanks to whomever nominated me! That's really cool!

Congratulations to all the candidates, plus everyone who got nominated

So, who should I vote for? I AM easily swayed, you know... (hint, hint) laugh

#718781 03/07/04 10:06 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Good luck to all candidates in the election!

And goodluck to all anarchists too!

#718782 03/09/04 06:19 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
The elections are over! Now go and congratulate our new Leaders !

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,025
Posts1,045,795
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Peck's Bad Boy?
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Leather Wolf
Leather Wolf
Texas
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star