Roll Call
1 members (stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86), 19 Murran Spies, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/22/24 09:43 PM
The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
by stile86 - 05/22/24 09:39 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/22/24 04:47 PM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 05/22/24 04:44 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/22/24 03:37 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/22/24 03:37 PM
Fatal Five in DC August Solicits
by Rob-Em - 05/22/24 10:42 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Justice League of Earth Reformed?
#763238 02/05/13 09:44 PM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
So, as much as I hated Earth Man in the Legion, I think it would be totally groovy if some of the other members of the Justice League of Earth had reformed and turned to the side of the angels.

Maybe Spider Girl, Golden Boy, and Storm Boy in a new JLE alongside Animal Lad, Lamprey, and maybe either Colossal Boy or Sun Boy?

Re: Justice League of Earth Reformed?
Eryk Davis Ester #763270 02/06/13 11:25 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
It always seemed a bit unfair that Earth Man got out of jail free and the others didn't. They could claim that Saturn Queen was manipulating them all along. In that case, throw in Comet Queen.

I'd like to see Storm Boy again, interesting powers and a great visual look. If only he weren't totally off his rocker.

Sun Boy took over a team of Legion opponents in the 3boot, although this version has disavowed any interest in leadership. (Maybe he's just lying to himself.)

Holy Cats of Egypt!
Eryk Davis Ester #763272 02/06/13 11:40 AM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
Yeah, I was thinking Sun Boy "mentoring" them might be a nice nod to the Threeboot.

While it was kind of nice to see the old rejects being used, I was kind of annoyed that they were portrayed as evil as they were. Especially Spider Girl, who I really enjoyed both 5YL and in the Reboot.

Eryk Davis Ester #763275 02/06/13 01:01 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
After Spider-Girl, Radiation Roy would have been my favorite.

His original power, to emit 'paralyzing beams of radiation' seems a *heck* of a lot more friendly to a team of heroes with a Code against Killing than the ability to throw fire or lightning.

Plus I like his origin, that he blew his own inherited fortune giving himself powers (the same 'paralyzing radiation' powers of Silver Age Legion villain Modulus, IIRC) so that he could be a super-hero!

But he's been changed to throwing actual lethal radiation around, with all it's cancerfying ickiness, so I suppose he's no longer suitable.

I'm not a fan of Golden Boy, because his powers are too similar to Crystal Kid, whom I like much better. smile

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Eryk Davis Ester #763281 02/06/13 01:11 PM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
Ooh, Crystal Kid is from Earth as well, isn't he? Okay, scratch Golden Boy in favor of him.

Eryk Davis Ester #763282 02/06/13 01:32 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I did a diagram of Legionnaires by planet or sector they were from ... leaving clusters of Legion groups across the galaxy. (a bit like the GLs)

so on Earth there would be:

Sun Boy
Colossal Boy
Bouncing Boy!
Wildfire
Jacques!
Crystal Kid
a new Kent Shakespere (Perhaps his debut!!!!)

Unfortunately Invisible Kid I, Karate Kid, and Ferro are all dead!

I thought there should be a new kid ... who tries to stop Storm Boy and then the aparatus explodes ... imbuing the new heroic kid ... with Storm Boy's powers! (oh the irony ... Storm boy will really flip his lid)

Storm Boy II joins! and continuity corrects itself!

... in that vein maybe some of the other 5YLeapers join ... (Crystal Kid, Porcupine Pete, Nightwind, Visi Lad)

I also didn't like how Spider Girl was portrayed in particular ... I enjoyed some of the motivations and realism the conflicted characters brought ... rather than just wacky madness.

Last edited by Power Boy; 02/06/13 01:33 PM.
Power Boy #763309 02/06/13 09:09 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally Posted by Power Boy
I also didn't like how Spider Girl was portrayed in particular ... I enjoyed some of the motivations and realism the conflicted characters brought ... rather than just wacky madness.

The extreme differences between Golden Boy, Storm Boy and Radiation Roy were certainly interesting (with Golden Boy seeming the least redeemable after seeing how he used his powers to turn people to gold so that they could be used as currency...), but I also didn't like the way Spider-Girl was portrayed. The bit where she tells Radiation Roy that she only gives her body to Earth-Man now was creepy.

Storm Boy (who needs a whole truckload of therapy!), needs to get into an epic fight with the Storm Boy of the Super-Companions over who gets to call themselvs Storm Boy, a la that crazy fight between Luke Cage and Eric Josten over who got to use the name 'Power Man' (which neither of them uses anymore...). Or perhaps they can settle it with a shurg-off.

That list of Legionnaires from Earth is kinda neat. It's interesting that we've never really seen the 'Earthers' hanging out for any reason, as if the distinction never really occured to them, in the cosmopolitan future (despite the retcon of Earth being terribly xenophobic / racist in the 'the past').

Eryk Davis Ester #763351 02/07/13 01:56 PM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
It does seem like, even with the Legion stationed on Earth, with all of the super-powered folks native to Earth there would be a lot more active heroes or hero groups not affiliated with the Legion.

Eryk Davis Ester #763355 02/07/13 02:20 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Assuming all the heroes of the 21st century bred ... like at all ... and the kids weren't all randomly crushed by falling buildings ... then meta gene should have spread all over the gene pool. Some of those peeps should still be alive actually ... which has been discussed in another thread here IIRC.

Eryk Davis Ester #763356 02/07/13 02:23 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Dr. Fate should show up with some new Hawk incarnations and immortal Amazon or two ... and kick some Legion butt!

Eryk Davis Ester #763360 02/07/13 02:43 PM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
Wasn't the "Who Shot Laurel Kent?" story supposed to explain why there weren't tons of JLA descendants running around?

Anyway, this also goes into the issue of the inheritability of powers, which we've also discussed on other threads.

Eryk Davis Ester #763361 02/07/13 02:47 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally Posted by Eryk Davis Ester
Wasn't the "Who Shot Laurel Kent?" story supposed to explain why there weren't tons of JLA descendants running around?

I don't remember the explanation ... was it something like they all disappeared or something ... I just remember the Oliver Queen descendent tour bus operator!

Eryk Davis Ester #763367 02/07/13 03:39 PM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
It's been ages since I read it, but I believe it was revealed that Professor Ivo had been killing off descendants of the JLA for centuries!

Eryk Davis Ester #763368 02/07/13 03:47 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
That sounds like a good story.

Eryk Davis Ester #763370 02/07/13 04:14 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
It just struck me ... across the face ... that who says the JLE must be all Earthers ... the JLA is hardly a group of Americans.

I think some of them are American'ts ... Aquaman seems like a quitter.

Eryk Davis Ester #763371 02/07/13 04:22 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
In that case I would put Dev-Em on the team ... as a resident of Earth. And it would make the team powerful enough to checkmate some of the heavier hitters of the LSH.

Eryk Davis Ester #763372 02/07/13 04:30 PM
D
Honorary
Honorary
D
If you going with non Earth characters as well J'onn J'onzz/Martian Manhunter has been shown to survive into the 30th/31st century in almost every version of the Legion and i could see him forming a Justice League of Earth. If your using only Earth born characters then XS and Ferro Lad's twin brother Douglas Nolan might be good adds.

Last edited by Dartalon; 02/07/13 04:31 PM.
Eryk Davis Ester #763373 02/07/13 04:51 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
sweet! I've got a quick one:

1. Dev Em
2. the Martian Manhunter
3 and 4. The Tornado Twins
5. A Zamaron (Zamarons aren't outlawed ... just greens and it makes an homage to an Amazon)
6. A new Thanagarian cop sent to Earth to investigate ... their premier issue. Maybe two ... but one DIES!

plenty of opportunities for Amazons, Atlanteans, New Gods, to make an appearance.

Last edited by Power Boy; 02/07/13 04:53 PM.
Power Boy #763375 02/07/13 05:18 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally Posted by Power Boy
Dr. Fate should show up with some new Hawk incarnations and immortal Amazon or two ... and kick some Legion butt!

Aren't those basically impossible in Nu52 continuity? Dr Fate's stuck on Earth-2, DCU Hawkman's a Thanagarian again IIRC, and are the Amazons even immortal this time round?

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
Reboot #763377 02/07/13 05:31 PM
D
Honorary
Honorary
D
I would go with...

Martian Manhunter (J'onn J'onzz)
Superman (Kent Shakspeare)
Batman (Brane Taylor)
Green Lantern (Sodam Yat)
Wonder Woman (Princess Diana) - should still be alive
XS (Jenni Ognats)
Lamprey (Tayla Skott)

Mirroring the original 7 Leaguers.

Eryk Davis Ester #763490 02/09/13 04:42 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Is Madame Xanadu immortal, or just very long lived? The team could use a magic-caster.

I wonder why they haven't had an Amazon show up in the Legionverse.

(edit:) Just checked the Help File, there's a planet called Amazonia in the U.P., according to Adventure #349.

Last edited by Fat Cramer; 02/09/13 04:44 AM.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
Eryk Davis Ester #763492 02/09/13 06:32 PM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
Amazonia has a seat on the U.P. council, as I recall!

There's a New Themyscira in the cartoonverse book, which I always like to think is the same as Amazonia!

Eryk Davis Ester #763547 02/10/13 10:51 AM
K
Leader
Leader
K
I would go completely the other way.

Despite their name's honorable history, the JLE was a group inspired by xenophobis-- thus, their membership must always be strictly from Earth.

I would like to see a prison-break, and an all-new EVIL Justice League of Earth 3013 under the leadership of the psychopathic Storm Boy.

It would be interesting to see Animal Lad as a member of JSoE3013, since his innate moral incorruptibility would mean that he had been somehow been deceived / brainwashed / hypnotized into thinking that their cause was just. Animal Lad could take on the whole Legion single-handedly, by turning them all into hamsters.

Storm Boy, Tusker, the misshapen Golden Boy, Spider Girl (yes, truly EVIL still), Ethel Eyeful (does she still have a “thing” for Tenzil in this continuity?) and Radiation Roy would be joined by the nauseating Polecat, the anarchic Quake Kid, a new version of the telekinetic Cera Kesh, and… the Mess. And secretly funded by none other than Lester Spiffany! Lester might have some interesting magical gem-based powers by now, as well.

That group totals twelve. They could become a virtual Legion of Super-Villains unto themselves.

There are also a number of rejected applicants whose homeworlds have never been specified. Could Camera Eye or Green Boy have been from Earth? What about that alchemist guy who could turn feathers into lead?

Maybe they could go up against an all-new, all-alien Justice League of the Galaxy, descendants of the original Justice League.

(I would be interested in seeing the Martian Manhunter replaced by a half-Martian, half-Naltoran. Between J'Onn, M'Gann and the Hyperclan, there are enough possible ancestors running around)

And maybe we could also clear up the unsolved mystery of that 1,000-year-old metallic tablet that was the basis of the claim that Superman was actually from Earth…

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
Eryk Davis Ester #763602 02/11/13 05:54 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Good group of villains - and Lester with gem powers! I like!

McCauley's fortune must have gone somewhere - did he have an offspring? There was the boy who was kidnapped (and very happy to snuggle up to Shadow Lass), although we haven't seen any further evidence of him. That could be another source of funding for either the evil or the good Justice League, depending on the heir's attitude.

It could also be an excuse to bring back McCauley's cousin, Celeste, from 5YL, although there's not a shortage of characters needing attention now.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
Eryk Davis Ester #763611 02/11/13 10:33 AM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
It's hard to keep continuities straight, but I believe the Leland McCauley who was killed in L03W was either snuggling boy or snuggling boy's brother. The balding McCauley from the Adventure/Action era was Leland McCauley III, whereas the long-haired blonde guy was Leland McCauley IV.

I was always hoping the postboot would bring back a grown-up (well, teenage) Lori Morning as McCauley's heir funding a new Workforcde. I love Celeste, though, so her as a reluctant heir would be pretty cool.

Eryk Davis Ester #763618 02/11/13 01:49 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Some of these ideas remind me of those short-lived JLA groups, the Justice League of Aliens, the Justice League of Atlantis, the Justice League of Amazons, etc.

It might be a little too 'real world' ish (with the trademark squatting), but it could be funky if there was a group of not-ready-for-prime-time wannabe heroes 'camping' the name 'Justice League,' and, completely accidentally, doing something heroic to 'earn' that name (a 31st century DC version of the 'Great Lakes Avengers,' sort of, only less intentionally absurd).

Set #763654 02/11/13 09:40 PM
D
Honorary
Honorary
D
Originally Posted by Set
Some of these ideas remind me of those short-lived JLA groups, the Justice League of Aliens, the Justice League of Atlantis, the Justice League of Amazons, etc.

It might be a little too 'real world' ish (with the trademark squatting), but it could be funky if there was a group of not-ready-for-prime-time wannabe heroes 'camping' the name 'Justice League,' and, completely accidentally, doing something heroic to 'earn' that name (a 31st century DC version of the 'Great Lakes Avengers,' sort of, only less intentionally absurd).

Threeboot's United Planets Young Heroes (Fruit Boy, Gazelle, Sludge, Sonar, Spy, Virus and Voice) would fit nicely as the LSH version of the Great Lakes Avengers.

Dartalon #763692 02/12/13 08:42 AM
K
Leader
Leader
K
Originally Posted by Dartalon
Originally Posted by Set

Threeboot's United Planets Young Heroes (Fruit Boy, Gazelle, Sludge, Sonar, Spy, Virus and Voice) would fit nicely as the LSH version of the Great Lakes Avengers.

I think Set said LESS absurd.

Still...

Plaid Lad, X-Bomb Betty and Accordion Boy from the Reboot. Spaceopoly Lad, Echo-Chamber Chet, and Policy Pam from 5YL.

Estimate Lad.

Oh, the possibilities are endless.

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
Klar Ken T5477 #763699 02/12/13 10:30 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally Posted by Klar Ken T5477
Originally Posted by Dartalon

I think Set said LESS absurd.

Ha! But, seriously, Fruit Boy is the only one who is truly hopeless, of that lot.

Gazelle already made the cut at the end, and Spy, Virus and Voice seem useful enough. Assuming that Sonar is also a bit stronger and tougher than normal, being aquatic (like Aquaman, adapted for deep sea pressures), then she's got some useful muscle, and her ability to hear really well underwater is just a perk. Sludge, depending on the nature of that stuff he spooges all over the place, could be useful as well, either in creating slicks or perhaps even creating a goopier entangling version of his sludge that acts a little bit like Spider-Man's webbing.

Fruit Boy only becomes useful if alien fruit that explode to scatter their seeds, or have way more toxic properties than the cyanide in appleseeds, or something, are introduced. Even then, he's pretty silly... smile

Eryk Davis Ester #763771 02/13/13 05:31 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Fruit Boy could be a great villain: destroy agricultural production, turn food depots and grocery stores and restaurants into foul-smelling dens of over-ripe fruit. Everybody laughs at him, so he seeks revenge.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
Eryk Davis Ester #788134 09/23/13 04:55 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
I read the annual last week, and yes, Ivo was bumping off JLA descendants for centuries. The lines survived because Ivo was in deep freeze, a condition form which he was released for only a few days each century or so. First thing on his to do list - kill the JLA. This is a guy with a Grudge.

He probably hasn't noticed that Amazo got ripped off to form BION. He's going to be pretty mad next time.

As I'm typing, I'm not sure the Legion did anything about it. It's not as though their rules will allow them to press the off switch on Ivo's life support.

As for Spiffany, there was a throw away line in 5YG where it appeared that Spiffany was a major shareholder in Brande's companies. I thought it was a lovely throw away touch.

Some more JLA counterparts
Superboy (whichever version is transported through time)
Titania
J'Emm (founder of the telepathic people of titan)
XS
Tellus (ocean going and telepathic like Aquaman)
Celeste (as embodiment of GL powers)

Wayne descendants are disqualified for using gimmicks to get in. Oli-3 Queen decides to give up tour guiding, but he's also disqualified for having gimmicks.

Shrinking Violet glares at the invite, but then thinks about the possibilities...

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,023
Posts1,045,596
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Sarcasm Kid
Sarcasm Kid
Bronx, NY