Roll Call
0 members (), 93 Murran Spies, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/03/24 05:20 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/03/24 02:29 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 06/02/24 08:58 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 06/02/24 08:53 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 06/02/24 08:50 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 06/02/24 07:35 PM
What I found today at my LCS!
by thoth lad - 06/02/24 03:22 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 02:37 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Vertigo and Wildstorm Teens in the Titans - Who Would You Pick And Why?
#801564 02/15/14 10:24 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
So in this new version of the Titans we had the unexpected pleasure of seeing Danny the Street serve as a member while Superboy's origins involved Caitlin Fairchild.

So if you guys could think of any other teen characters from the Vertigo and Wildstorm books to become a Titan, who would you like to see?

Dorothy Spinner? Rose Walker? Sleepwalk from the Brotherhood of Dada? Jenny Quantum? Burnout?

Re: Vertigo and Wildstorm Teens in the Titans - Who Would You Pick And Why?
Sarcasm Kid #801589 02/16/14 04:38 AM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Bah! I wanted Danny the World for the Legion. A living embodiment of tolerance and the cultures of the UP. smile

Any number of Wildstorm characters could be in a Steroid Abuse Awareness issue of the Teen Titans. It would be nice to see The Protector again.

The Brotherhood of Dada taking DCNu through a multiverse of conceptual worlds would be lovely. Don't settle forwhat you have. Look! Look at the stroboscope patterns of possibility! The whole DCNu could exist in the etch-a-sketch on the floor of the Brotherhood's HQ. One shake and it's gone.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Sarcasm Kid #801595 02/16/14 06:37 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Grunge was always a favorite, both for powers and inane / outrageous personality. Burnout kind of bored me. Roxy/Freefall and Caitlin had some kickass powers and potential, but Rainmaker felt a little bit like she was sensationalist for sensationalist sake, with her 'watch me walk around naked all the time, and have I mentioned today that I'm a lesbian?'

The late lamented Gen 14 kids, particularly Ditto (duplicator) and Hardbody (teen tank with metallic skin), could also be fun to see again.

But the DV8 kids might be more suited to a grittier DCU, particularly Frostbite (absorb heat to make cold attacks, then project absorbed heat as fire attacks), Sublime (manipulates own density to be intangible or rock hard) and Devo (shapeshift into three animal/human hybrids, one bat-like, one wolf-y, one shark-ish). Perhaps Freestyle ('choose your own future lass,' able to zip through alternate timelines and choose the best result from something she's doing), as well. Their not-teen oversexed bosses / handlers (Bliss, Threshold, Ivana Baul), not so much.

Savant, despite being at least a thousand years old, always had a 'teen' feel to her (playing a little sister role to an even older Coda...).

Maxine Manchester was young, and made from equal parts killing machine and fun, fun, fun, but might not work on any super-hero team, ever, because of the killing machine bit. smile

Crimson / Backlash 2, the speedster daughter of Backlash, could fit, but DC already has a ton of speedsters that already operate orders of magnitude over her level.

Velocity, from Cyberforce, yet another speedster (this one a mutant cyborg) I don't think would work as well outside of her specific group/sub-continuity. (And I'm not sure if Cyberforce was even Wildstorm, come to think of it...)

Oh gosh, I just remembered that there was a terrible 'Teen Authority' too. I need to go drink something and murder the brain cell that remembered that...

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Sarcasm Kid #801611 02/16/14 10:36 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
A Blue Boy (Fables) guest stint in Teen Titans could be fun! Or the Dead Boy Detectives. But most Vertigo characters would be ill-served to be a regular in the series.

Moderated by  Caliente, Fanfic Lady 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,026
Posts1,045,860
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Jesse Jackson
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star