Roll Call
0 members (), 35 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/23/24 06:24 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/23/24 05:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/23/24 02:30 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/23/24 02:29 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/23/24 02:29 AM
The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
by Gaseous Lad - 05/22/24 11:39 PM
Crow! Tell us the good things going on in your life!
by Gaseous Lad - 05/22/24 11:37 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/22/24 09:43 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Your Legion dream team!
#87999 08/24/03 07:15 PM
G
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
G
Icefire, please post your story in the Outpost! We'd be glad to see it. Fanfic can run rampant here, unlike at the old or new DC message boards.

#88000 08/24/03 07:46 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Greybird:

Yet even if it couldn't be dramatized very well in graphic-art action terms, or placed in with the existing concept, I'd like to see something showing their being embedded in fuller and more individually-shaped lives. We can certainly dream it, and that's the point of this thread.
James Robinson, in his Starman One Million story, had the future Starman tell Ted Knight that Lyle Norg will be remembered for his work in science rather than his superheroics.

Just a one sentence mention, but it kinda fits in with what you're talking about.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#88001 08/24/03 07:50 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Okay Grey I'll pst it soon t revolves around the capture of the Legion by the Time Trapper!!!!

Let the Fun Begin!
#88002 08/24/03 08:35 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Juan- WOW!!!

I loved many of your ideas! We seem to have similar 'slants' informing our takes on many of these characters.

Thank you, thank you for your inclusion and description of Element Lad. Your scenario is one that could really 'work'.

As I read your summaries of M'onel and the White Witch, I thought that their common love of language (his in writing, hers in reading) could be the basis of a sweet, long-unfolding love story. They are also two Legionnaires who've lived much longer than a decade or two... and might have similar (or opposing) viewpoints formed by their experiences.

Also, I applaud the idea of XS as a student of Brainy. I thought the way he took to Impulse (snicker- the way he saw to *use* Bart) was great, and should be echoed with Jenni.

Question-- is 'Vapor' a rebooted Gas Girl? Any Lallor connection at all?

I loved many other of your ideas... I'm sure I'll return to reread this again and someone else will 'jump' out at me.

TN

#88003 08/25/03 02:54 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Great work Juan! Lots and lots of interesting and unusual ideas there, new characters and new takes on established ones.

This thread is a real goldmine!

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#88004 08/25/03 05:05 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I like the general origin of the Legion, where the three founders save Brande from assassination, and he funds them in order to put together a group of superheroes to fight crime across the universe. (However, I would want NO referenes to the 21st century at all.) From there, it gets BIG! The founders immediately recruit as many super powered beings as they can and develop a training schedule. Brande and his assistant, Marla Latham are very hands-on at this point. They hire SP Commander Hagbard as a consultant, and begin whipping these young super-beings into shape. Leaders from within the ranks are identified, and made into trainers. The Academy is established and more and more superpowered sentients are invited to train in order to gain membership in the Legion. There are high standards for graduation, but many pass. There is a base headquarters in Metropolis on Earth, but the membership is mostly spread throughout several OUTPOSTS across the universe, all connected by STARGATES. There is a leader assigned to each Outpost, each of whom report to the main base on Earth. The Legionnaires wear a common uniform, but there are often humorous and functional customizations.

Bascially, my idea for the roster would include pretty much every non-evil superpowered character we've ever seen in Legion comics, EXCEPT when there are dopplegangers. (So, it'd be a HUGE cast!)I'm still working out how to separate those, but I'm most apt to cancel out the younger of the pair. For example, there'd only be one Lightning Lad, Cosmic Boy and Saturn Girl, but we could still have young heroes like Dragonmage and Catspaw.

It would be very much like our armed forces, like the Army or Marines, but with superpowers. There would be several storylines working all at once since there are several Outposts, but I would not want more than 1 issue a month. It'd be very impressive to have the entire membership of the Legion join together for a cosmic battle, also. This idea to be used sparingly...

There'd be lots of opportunity for character interaction.

It'd be a very difficult (but fun) series to draw!
InvisibleKid

#88005 08/25/03 10:10 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:

Question-- is 'Vapor' a rebooted Gas Girl? Any Lallor connection at all?

TN
Well, yeah, maybe she'd be better as a Lallorian. What happens with me is that I know very little about the Adventure era, and I have absolutely no concept about Lallor (what is that world like?). On the other hand, I really think there should be a Khundian Legionnaire. Perhaps Vapor was not the best choice for that role, though. By the way, Vapor is not my invention, Grey suggested her ages ago. I just think that his idea is quite cool.

Juan

#88006 08/26/03 03:00 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Deanlegion! How would you ever keep up with sketching all those characters?

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#88007 08/26/03 03:13 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I know! urk

#88008 11/20/03 09:11 PM
Deputy
Deputy
There are so many new people around that I think it is worthwile reviving this thread.

So, how would your ideal Legion look like?

In other words....

Bump!

Juan

#88009 11/21/03 08:37 AM
G
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
G
Yes, and another bump. Perhaps the new Legion Companion, and its revelations of character origins across the whole of the pre-boot, will stir some imagination neurons.

#88010 01/03/04 04:13 AM
G
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
G
Another six-week bump, with Juan and others having been kind enough to mention this thread as an imagination kick-starter.

#88011 01/03/04 02:05 PM
Space Fatigue Survivor
Space Fatigue Survivor
Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, Sun Boy, Shrinking Violet, Ferro Lad, Brainiac 5, Chameleon Boy, Invisible Kid, Karate Kid, Matter-Eater Lad, Bouncing Boy, Mon-El, Supergirl from Shooter/Swan

Lightning Lad, Colossal Boy, Chemical King, Wildfire, Star Boy from Bates/Cockrum

Ultra Boy, Dream Girl, Element Lad, Shadow Lass, Timber Wolf, Sensor Girl, Polar Boy, Lightning Lass, Quislet, Invisible Kid 2, Tellus, Blok (as Blokade Boy) from Levitz/Lightle

Gear, Gates, Triad, Kid Quantum 2, Apparition (as Phantom Girl), Kinetix, XS from Peyer/Boyd

Also - Tyroc (as Echo), Reflecto (from Shooter), Dynamo Girl (new!)

NOT members - Thunder, Andromeda, Shikari, Impulse, Spider Girl, Kono, Atmos, Monstress

That's 40 members - a True Legion!

Celebrating 10+ years of Legion Worldness
#88012 01/03/04 11:49 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I can't believe I missed this thread! It's a very interesting read so far, and there are a lot of cool ideas.

My Legion will continue the current run and build on it. I like RJ's idea of making it into a "true" Legion.

1) COSMIC BOY/ POLESTAR
Continues to be the heart and soul of the Legion.
2) SATURN GIRL
Imra spends more time with the other Legionnaires, especially the gals, so she can learn to open up some more and be true to her feelings
3) LIVE WIRE
Critically injured during the Credo war by Singularity, he manages to save the Legion once more. His teammates realize what jerks they've been, and they gather around to mourn. Suddenly, his Jan body breaks apart because of the injuries, but his essence/soul finds its way to his own body, which was encased in tromium in the Rosette's wreckage all along! He returns to the Legion with his lightning powers and in his own body, and is slowly rebuilding his old friendships.
4) TRIAD
After her near-death experience at the hands of Singularity, she has pushed herself to learn more forms of martial arts. She is also now an expert with various weapons. Still continues in her role as Deputy Leader of the Legion.
5) DOCTOR LIGHT
Ming Sul was just an oridnary Legion cadet with enhanced senses and reflexes which she received as a result of genetic manipulation, when the Credo attacked Legion World. The Legion and the cadets were deployed to halt their advance in outer space, near the Sun. Ming tried to stop Singularity from killing Triad, and she got herself knocked into the Sun for her trouble. She would have died, had she not also inherited the genes of her ancestor, Kimiyo Hoshi, better known as Doctor Light; genes which doctors found were dormant, and could only be reawakened through great trauma. Luckily for Ming, the timing was perfect. She now has the ability to fire blasts of light energy whose intensity she can control, she can fly at light speed by converting herself into light (like Lazon) and is beginning to discover other light-based abilities. She took the name Doctor Light in honor of her ancestor, and is now close friends with Chuck and Lu.
6) REBOUND/RICOCHET
Chuck Taine was spurred into action when the girl of his dreams, Luornu Durgo, was plummeting towards the Sun. Piloting the Bouncing Boy, he rescued her as she was plunging through space, but he was also caught in the solar flares spurred by the creation of the new Doctor Light. As Ming was shooting out of the star, Chuck inflated himself and caught her! It seems that the radiation triggered a reaction in his fat cells, giving him the Bouncing Boy powers. He and Triad have started dating now, after their near-death experience together. Chuck also still pilots the Bouncing Boy sometimes, especially in outer space and when heavy firepower is needed.
7) APPARITION
Tinya has now made up with Jo, and is continuing her martial arts training. She has also become adept at politics, and is the Legion's official spokeswoman.
8) INVISIBLE KID/ VANISH
Can make up to 3 others invisible without much effort, and often does the partial invisiblity bit. Can also make objects far from him invisible by bending the light, but it takes practice. Has become close friends with Rainbow and Doctor Light. Still head of the spionage squad.
9) CHAMELEON
Lyle's best buddy, and co-leader of the Espionage Squad. Is working with Leejah, the Durlan spiritual leader, to open Durla to the rest of the UP.
10) XS
Widely read, and is often in Brainy's lab, asking him questions. Still the friendliest Legionnaire. Has learned some of Flash's techniques, such as dragging objects in her wake.
11) BRAINIAC 5
No change here, still the same as ever!
12) SPARK
She and Cham have become much closer, and she and Garth are closer than ever too. Has recently started to tain with Apparition and Karate Kid to make herself a more effective hand-to-hand combatant.
13) KINETIX
Changed back to normal after the Credo storyline, when she expended her hypertaxis energy in defeating Singularity. The transformation has somewhat dulled her lust for power, and she spends more time with her friends now. Still perky, though.
14) VIOLET
Still has the growing powers, but prefers to shrink to be "true to herself". Very active in the Espionage Squad, and spends lots of time with Kinetix.
15) ANDROMEDA
Caught in Zoe's wave of hypertaxis energy during the Credo war, she was transformed back to normal and rejoined the Legion. Campaigns heavily against the White Triangle and visits Daxam often with M'Onel to spread her views.
16) M'ONEL
Same as ever, but often visits Daxam with Andromeda, Gates and Brainy to try and stamp out the White Triangle completely.
17) STAR BOY/BLACK HOLE
His power "malfunctions" have been cured. Recently, it has been found that Dreamer's vision of Thom's death and Thom's supposed fate to become the 21st century Starman were bogus information planted by the Luck Lords for reasons as yet unknown. The Legion is now working on tracing the Luck Lords down, while Thom and Nura's relationship has gotten stronger because of this.
18) GATES
Thinking of going into politics. Has become closer to Tinya as a result, but often accompanies Brainy and company to Daxam too.
19) ULTRA BOY
Patched things up with Tinya now, and has become best buddies with Brin. Learning how to take care of Cub.
20) SENSOR
Has become close friends with Ferro and Kinetix, and has patched things up with Cham. Still learning how to deal with her appearance, and is planning to visit her family soon. Has turned to art as an outlet for her sadness.
21) UMBRA
Very active in helping to rebuild her homeworld's government, and has become close friends with Jazmin.
22) KID QUANTUM II
Working on learning more about her powers, she has continued her term as leader after the Darkseid storyline and is planning a vacation with Cos after her term ends, which will be soon.
23) FERRO
Working with Val to become a better martial artist, he's not a wimp anymore but is still one of the most compassionate Legionnaires. Is dealing with being stuck in his iron form and has developed a close friendship with Sensor as well as with Dr. Mollie D'ennum.
24) KARATE KID/ PARAGON
Travels a lot to improve his martial arts skills. Has developed a close bond with Dragonmage, but still considers Ferro a close friend.
25) WILDFIRE
His separate personalities have completely merged. Spends a lot of time with Kari and Timber Wolf. Is working with Brainy and others to find a way to slop the slow siphoning of his energy.
26) SHIKARI
Was the one who first encountered the people of Starhaven, who also originate in the second galaxy. Close friends with the Legion cadet Dawnstar, and also with Wildfire and Gates. Has picked up a few debating and speaking skills from Gates and Tinya.
27) GEAR
Has developed close ties with Robotica and a close friendship with Kid Quantum and with Chuck.
28) TIMBER WOLF
Trains with Karate Kid often. Revealed to have come from Zuun, but he doesn't like speaking about his past.
29) DREAMER
One of the Legion's most accomplished martial artists, she is not so much a scientist as she is a writer. Poetry, essays, you name it, she can pretty much do it.
30) NIGHTWIND
Full control over winds, but is increasingly expanding her powers to include control over all weather.
31) POLAR BOY/BLIZZARD (later changes to HYDRO)
Sometimes he still worships some of the other Legionnaires, but is slowly gaining confidence. Hangs out with Ferro and Nightwind a lot. Is slowly learning to control water in all its forms, not just ice.
32) MALADY (Infectious Lass)
Has great control over her powers, and is working with Tinya and Andromeda to gain acceptance for Somahturians everywhere. She has accepted the reality that her homeworld has to be quarantined, though.
33) PARTICON
Loses the horrible armor, her powers are akin to energy disruption powers, in that she can disrupt energy flows. She can also unleash short blasts of energy. Her enrgy lance allows her to absorb energy to replenish her own energy, so she has ggreat stamina. Also a skilled hand-to-hand fighter.
34) WHIPLASH (formerly Spider Girl)
Mainly active in the Espionage Squad, she is also adept in the use of a whip (like Twine) and is definitely a shades-of-gray character, much like Catwoman. Also has acrobatic skills.
35) DRAGONMAGE
Repentant for his involvement in the release of the elementals, he was released into the Legion's custody. Is still intent on proving himself, though.
36) INFERNO
Trying to help out during the Credo war, he was also caught in Zoe's release of the hypertaxis energy. He is a normal human, but he can turn himself into a creature of living flame, much like Fire or the Human Torch. Is close friends with both Kinetix and Wildfire.
37) ECHO
Tyroc, but with sound manipulation abilities instead of those weird screams. Close friends with Drura.
38) QUARTZ
A rebooted Crystal Kid.
39) MINDBENDER (Mentalla)
Saturn Girl keeps Mindbender under her wing, and is trying to teach her restraint in using her mind-control power. She's also training her in the use of her other telepathic abilities. Mindbender is also very active in the espionage squad.
40) WHITE WITCH (Lady Mysa)
She has a sort of Reservist status because she still spends a lot of time searching for the Eye. But she spends her free time tutoring Dragonmage, Kinetix and others in the use of their powers.
41)RAINBOW/AURORA
A rebooted Rainbow Girl who has abilities similar to Color Kid's. She can also turn into pure light and blind her enemies. Also, by passing through a prism she can split into seven copies of herself, each a different color of the rainbow. However, she can only stay this way for up to 30 minutes.
42) DAWNSTAR
The Starhvenite Legionnaire is slowly finding her way in the new world. Has become close friends with Shikari and Wildfire, as well as with Kinetix and Violet. Aside from flight and her tracking abilities, she also utilizes various powders made from herbs for both healing and offensive purposes.
43) CALORIE QUEEN
She was recruited by Tenzil and is studying with Brainy and Lyle. She shows promise as a biologist and geneticist.
44) TELLUS
The alien new Legionnaire is still trying to get used to life on Legion World, and has struck up friendships with fellow telepaths Saturn Girl and Mindbender. Has heightened telekinetic abilities, though his telepathy is limited to communicating with others.
45) ELEMENT LAD/ALCHEMIST
Our good old gentle Jan is found blissfully unconscious, buried in the wreckage of the Rosette. It seems that the Progenitor merely copied his form and most of his memories. Jan still has his own memories though, but he remembers most of his time on the other side or the rift as a dream. He spends most of his time meditating. His teammates are slowly learning to trust him, but they know it's really him because they took a time trip and learned of the Progenitor's actions. Also, Element Lad and Kinetix were the major players in the defeat of Singularity.

Supporting Cast:
R.J.Brande, in his new role as Secretary of External and Internal Relations, with Marla Latham as his top assistant.
Tenzil is still Legion chef, but occasionally helps out the espionage squad.
Shvaughn Erin and Gigi Cusimano are chief and assistant chief of the SPs on Legion World, and help out the Espionage Squad a lot.
Rond Vidar manages the Legion World labs and the newly reopened Time Institue on Legion World.
Amilia Crugg is brought back (the dead one in the sewers was another Khundian) and takes care of the Legion World armory.
Lori Morning works as Cub's nanny,. and the two annoy each other to death. Proty just hangs around Legion World too.
Dyrk Magz (Magno) is reassigned to Legion World, and has volunteered for an Earthgov program which may give him powers if successful.
Policy Pam is the head of Legion World's legal team, which also doubles as Brande industries tam of lawyers.
Reporter Condo Arlik is a close friend of Lyle's, and Devlin O'Ryan is a reporter in his training. During the Hypertaxis mess, their metagenes were activated and they gained their preboot powers. They have enrolled in the Legion cadet program but still find time to work on their news careers.
Atmos and Insect Queen are busy rebuilding Xanthu, but they can be counted on whenever the Legion needs outside help.
Dr. Gym'll and Dr. Rykrr are busy as head of the medical staff on Legion World, though they work closely with Malady and the cadet Kent Shakespeare to stamp out danger5ous epidemics.
Celeste Rockfish is a bounty hunter with close ties to the Espionage Squad.
Trudi Trusoe has a healthy relationship with the Espionage Squad, and they exchange infomration regularly.

Legion cadets include:
Night Girl, Gas Girl, Chemical King, Blok, Lamprey, Quislet, Comet Queen, Stone Boy, Color Kid, Fire Lad, Porcupine Pete, Chlorophyll Kid, Evolvo, Radion, Calamity King, Kent Shakespeare, Pol Krinn, Yera, Kid Psycho, Danielle Foccart, Devlin O'Ryan, Retro and Babbage.

#88013 01/05/04 04:38 PM
Substitute
Substitute
1. Shrinking Violet
2. Saturn Girl
3. Cosmic Boy
4. Lightning Lad
5. Wildfire
6. Chameleon
7. Colossal Boy
8. Dawnstar
9. Element Lad
10. Blok
11. Brainiac 5
12. Shadow Lass
13. Ultra Boy
14. Mon-el
15. Phantom Girl
16. Chemical King
17. Light Lass
18. Timber Wolf
19. Dreamer
20. Star Boy
21. Princess Projectra
Inferno (Sun Boy)
23. Tyroc (revamped)
24. Laurel Gand

Hit the road----OUT!
1. Gates
2. Kinetix
3. Ferro
4. Karate kid
5. Montress
6. Gear
7. Triad
8. Bouncing Boy
9. Tenzil
10. Polar boy (subs)
11. Tellus
12. Quislet
13. Magnetic Kid
14. Sensor snake
15. Kid Quantum (both)
16. all 5 year gap characters
17. Shazam chick
18. White Witch
19. Invisible Kid (both)

is that everyone???? Later

#88014 01/05/04 06:03 PM
Magically Delicious
Magically Delicious
Based solely on favorites and giving no thought to what makes a 'balanced' team, I pick:

Rokk, TMK characterization, but with powers
Dreamy, Levitz + DnA Khund-training
Sun Boy, Levitz
White Witch, Levitz + TMK
Blok, Levitz
Rond Vidar as GL
Element Lad, TMK
Star Boy, Levitz
Invisible Kid I, DnA
Invisible Kid II, TMK
Dawnstar, Levitz
Infectious Lass, TMK
Spider Girl, TMK
Insect Queen
Duo Damsel, Levitz
Vi, TMK
Tenzil Kem, TMK
Shikari, DnA
Projectra, Levitz
Saturn Girl, DnA
Karate Kid, Levitz
XS
Tellus
Timberwolf, Levitz
Quislet

Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!
#88015 01/19/04 01:28 PM
G
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
G
A bump to pay homage to several more well-thought-out lists. And for everyone providing so much to this thread, so that you can have a piece of that cake at left! (Angel-food, naturally {g))

Many evocative names -- "Paragon" is too good to forego, especially. And I'm gratified that so many take up so large a cast from the Levitz era. It had too many subtle character resonances to ever be forgotten. (Or to merit overlooking, from those of you who haven't sampled them! Hie thee to the dealer rooms at a few conventions!)

Let's hope that much more of the intricate character detailing becomes a frequent feature of the writing, from whoever is shortly coming on board. Action is essential, but intensely shaped characterizations are what make a LEGION stay in one's mind.

#88016 01/24/04 01:33 PM
Active
Active
This is mi dream team:

Saturn Girl : With telekinesis and powerful in mental control.
Ligthning Lad : The original, no more.
Cosmic Boy : Like the current version.
Night Girl: All powerful.
Triad : Current version.
Apparition : With phase powers in things and humans.
Chameleon : The old same Cham.
Invisible Kid : Current version.
Colossal Boy : The original.
XS : The only one.
Brainiac 5 : In love forever with Supergirl.
Supergirl : Kara only Kara.
Ultra Boy : The new bad boy.
Element Lad: Pre zero hour guy.
Sun Boy : The sexy hot man.
Violet: The hard girl.
Matter Eater Lad : With acid saliva
Spark : More powerful
Timber Wolf : Current version
Ferro : With a beauty face.
Dreamer: Pre zero hour.
Star Boy : Current version.
Karate Kid : The old Val.
Princess Projectra : With all Sensor Girl's powers.
White Witch : Nura's sister.
Chemical King : In love with Lyle.
Insect Queen : Lonna Leing of Xanthu.
Superboy : A true descendent of Superman in the 31º Century.
Blok : The good guy.
Shadow Lass : With Umbra personality and dark energy powers.
Mon'el : The current version, almost a god.
Dawnstar: The original beauty.
Wildfire : Drake , With a energy body like in Levitz's era, but this time he can make love with Dawny in cold energy form.
Polar Boy : The original.
Veilmist : The powerful and pretty teletransporter.
Spider Girl: The Wave version.
Reflecto : Devlin O'Brian.
Infeccsious Lass : With control of her power.
Quamtun Queen : The platinum blonde.
Tyroc : With a better costume.
Kinetix : More efective with her powers.
Kono : The bad brat.
Catspaw : All new all feral
Bouncing Boy : With another origin, maybe from a planet of bouncing men, like in a chapter of L.E.G.I.O.N.

And someones legionnaires for be kill in action:

Dragomage
Monstress
Atmos
Andromeda
Thunder
Gates
Tellus
Stone Boy
Magno
Kid Quamtun (The guy)
Lamprey
Crystal Kid
Nightwind
Fire Lad
Chrorophyl Kid
Color Kid
Psycho Kid
Gear

From UK with glamour.
#88017 06/24/04 10:28 AM
G
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
G
A five-month bump. With a new point of change coming, the "re-imagining" and new "Legion" creative team this Fall, it may be a propitious time to say whom you'd like to see on the team.

Newcomers to LW.net -- and all those who have details rattling around in your head that aren't yet put on "paper" -- please add your ideas!

#88018 06/24/04 01:49 PM
Deputy
Deputy
here's my ideal for the Legion if i were given creative control of the book, the team would consist of:

Cosmic Boy
Saturn Girl
Live Wire *i'll explain later*
Sparks
Kid Quantum (female)
Karate Kid
Apparition
Ultra Boy
Triad
Shrinking Violet (org. powers)
Xs
WildFire
Chameleon
Starboy
Brainiac 5.1
Gates
Shakari
Andromeda
TimberWolf
Umbra
Gears
Sensor
SuperBoy (kon-el)
M'onel (on detached duty)

with this next list i would've had them involved in a major story line with the rest of the team then have them break of from the group, give them their own book and make them the New Wanderers <font size="2">or something like that.</font s>i'd give the a Kick ass starship and have them patrol either the 2nd galaxy or the frontier of the UP and AP worlds.
my New Wanderers would consist of:

Invisible Kid *team co-leader
Leviathan (Gim Allon) *Team co-leader (never would've killed him off in the first place.)*
Element Lad *Resurrected jan trying to attone for his sins as the "progenitor", i really liked how they handled Metamorpho's apparent resurrection in the outsiders so why couldn't jan return ie Metamorpho? now we have jan and garth (Back in his original body) and everybody's happy*
Monstress *resurrected by Jan* i know alot of LWers arent crazy about her and call her a "She-Hulk" clone but i liked her character and actually i thought that thats how a "She-Hulk" should look and not look like [i]Chyna in green body paint.*
Blok
Dawnstar
Chuck Taine *if they're on a starship someones gotta be "Scotty".*
Kinetix *terramorph version*
Quinslet
Inferno *Dirk Morganna*
Thunder
Tyroc
Ferro *just to get far away from that bitchpurple triad*
DragonMage *gotta believe in magic*

well thats how i would handle the Legion.... well i can dream can't i ?...... Blok tongue

Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/
#88019 09/23/04 04:09 AM
G
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
G
King Arthur - Charlemagne bump!

#88020 09/23/04 07:32 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I reckon my Legion dream team would be the cast I used for the FOOD FOR THE SPIDER GUILD story.

R J Brande of Earth, co-leader

Brainiac 5 of Colu, co-leader (who has a few mysterious agendas of his own)

Icestorm of Tharr (good buds with Wildfire)

Mystic of Zerox (Mysa Nal)

Wildfire of Earth

Veilmist of Khnudia & Earth (adopted daughter of RJ Brande)

Dawnstar of Starhaven (savvy and straightforward tracker)

Andromeda of Daxam
Spaceboy of Daxam (Laurel Gand and Ol-Vir, possibly the last 2 survivors of Spider Guild-overrun Daxam?)

Element of Trom (no longer the sole survivor of Trom; how might this change his character and the universe in general?)

Cosmic of Braal
Magno of Braal (Rokk and Kort: the only surviving Braalians?)

Violet of Imsk (the sole Imskian member since she intimidated Micro into leaving!)

Hunger of Bismoll
Calorie of Bismoll

Malady of Somahtur (seeking acceptance for her people)

Star Boy of Xanthu, co-leader
Star Girl of Xanthu (Thom and Xynthia; what happens when Nura makes her inevitable appearance?)

Insect Queen of Xanthu
Atmos of Xanthu (These two were fun to write)

Monstergirl of Xanthu (monster girl with a heart of gold; mother/big-sister figure to Ol-Vir)

Kid Quantum of Xanthu (James Cullen, overconfident narccissistic ass)

An unnamed member from Titan had been recruited at the end of the story... Imra? Esper Lass? Mentalla?

It may be time for me to re-visit and flesh out the "Spiderverse".

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#88021 09/23/04 10:25 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
My dream Legion doesn't have any of the founders in it. I respect their heritage, but they've done their work. I'd like to see others step up to the challenge. And WnKy's take sounds like a good idea, sort of a "We'll show you how to make this a better place!"

Brainiac 5 would lead the team. His intelligence and emotional detachment would make for some interesting assignments.

M'Onel gives the team some muscle, but he's also the wisdom to Brainy's intelligence. The lonsome wanderer has crossed the galaxy and watched hundreds of years go by. He's got to be a little distant.

Ultra Boy has the rebellious attitude. He's certain their doing it right, and he's going to show us.

Apparition is the heart of the team. She's the stealthy girl with whom you trust with everything.

Shadow Gal has the arrogance of youth, and Tasmia has a reason to it. She's bound to cause some conflict, on and off the team.

Triad has shown she's got the mind of a strategist, and the moves to make it happen.

Chuck is the team's engineer. He's got something for every situation. His belief in the team comes from them having never let him down.

Gates can go ANYWHERE! And, he's opionated and shows how diverse the universe can be.

Shikari has the makings of a real detective. Her tracking skills make her a natural problem solver. Plus, she's scrappy.

Star Boy is a steadfast guy. Thom's reliable, even if his powers aren't.

Kinteix makes the team with her bubbly attitude. I think a telekinetic is more interesting than a telepath, and we can see her grow as her willpower is tested.

Spark takes her brother's place. She's a spitfire determined to prove herself.

Chameleon has the versatility the team needs. His shapechanging gives him incredible insight into sentient beings.

Nightwind is the newbie on the team. She's still learning her powers, but shows great potential.

Just spouting off.
#88022 09/23/04 05:40 PM
Active
Active
CosmicBoy Great thread idea. When I first signed up I started a thread for my Legion ideas. Of course those ideas have mutated since. I'll be sure to post the new stuff here! CosmicBoy

#88023 09/23/04 07:05 PM
Active
Active
My dream Legion..

At the end of 'Lost to the Legion' we find out that all versions of the Legion actually existed, but was remade several times by the Time Trapper, to avoid Mordru's ultimate victory over the universe. The Time Trapper has continued to restart each time and made minor changes at one point or another to find the most effective version of the Team. The Time Trapper is revealed to be Rokk Krinn.

Benefactors: RJ Brande (formerly Ted Kord, Blue Beetle of 21st century), and Marla Latham (formerly John Carter, Booster Gold of 21st century)

Founders: Cosmic Boy (levitz pink and black costume), Saturn Girl (original outfit without the name printed on it) and Lightning Lad (original outfit without the name printed on it. Later becomes Gravity Boy)

Members.. in no particular order..

Phantom Girl (Tinya Wazzo, bell-bottoms and pig-tails)
Triplicate Girl (original purple and orange skirt with short cape)
Chameleon Boy (levitz era purple and yellow)
Colossal Boy (original adventure era outfit)
Invisible Kid (Lyle Norg, current black and white))
Kid Quantum (James Cullen, gave his life to stop the sun-eater)
Kid Flash (Jenni Ognats, Reversed colors of Bart's kid flash outfit)
Brainiac 5
Powergirl (Laurel Kent, poncho outfit)
Marvel Lad (Mon-el)
Ultra Boy (current outfit)
Star Boy (Later Killed by Validus)
Atom Girl (Joins Wanderers after Q Queen joins)
Ambush Boy (Gates)
Kinetic Kid(Kinetix original form)
Sun Boy (Dirk Morgna, original outfit, minus the undies on the outside)
Chuck Taine (Engineer)
Storm Boy (no limitation on powers given by equipment, Kid Quantum was not killed due to his belt failing. Eventually resigns after parents are threatened by Dagon the Avenger)
Tenzil Kem (Public Relations)
Element Lad (gave his life to stop WWVII, blue and green arrow outfit)
Lightning Lass (Dream Girl changed Garth's to anti-grav instead, Spark outfit, bare legs)
Dream Girl (Nura Nal, sister of Mysa Nal. Levitz era clothes and personality)
Krypton Kid (Dev-Em, purple and orange outfit)
Lone Wolf (never changes his name to Timberwolf, Levitz era looks, after cosmetic surgery with red eyes when mad.)
Princess Projectra (humanoid projectra, classic disco era Jeckie)
Nemesis Kid (classic green and yellow, shorter collar)
Karate Kid (Killed by Ferro Lad defending Orando from LSV current outfit)
Ferro Lad (the traitor this time)
Shadow Lass (Tasmia Mallor, Steve Lightle version of Umbra)
Catalyst Kid (Condo, variation of Levitz era Element lad outfit)
Contagion Kid (infectious lass, no drippy web thingies on her arms)
Quill Boy (Porcupine Pete, bare chested with purple pants and orange boots.. maybe a cape?)
Wildfire (2 person, Drake Burroughs of Earth and Jacques Foccart, original Firestorm style with Jacques the advisor. Wears current metal outfit)
Echo Kid (Tyroc, disco era outfit, except legs are covered, collar shorter.)
Dawnstar (Classic levitz era Dawny)
Blok (Blue yellow outfit.. big shoulder pads)
White Witch (levitz era look, Nura's sister)
Tellus
Quislet
Nightwind (graduates the Academy, takes Storm Boy's place)
Impulse (kent shakespear)
Reflecto (Devlin O'Ryan)
Green Girl(Celeste McCauley, original Jade outfit)
Shikari (current look, new powers: can take the abilities of any insect, i.e. proportionate strength of an insect.. smile )

Cliques: Old Friends (Rokk, Cos, Imra)
Friendly Rivals (Marvel Lad, Krypton Kid, Ultra Boy)
Dorm Girls (Tinya, Tasmia, Zoe, Lu)

and others as i think of them.... tongue

Most of the original Preboot timeline intact, with the retcons of no Kara and Kal or Kon.. and slightly different events occuring... I'm thinking of posting the whole timeline for this.. what do you think?

"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,023
Posts1,045,611
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star