Legion World
Posted By: MLLASH What's black and green and yellow all over? - 05/01/12 01:59 AM
Matter-Eater Lad, of course.

Also, some others:

[Linked Image]

PS/ Let's not let Timber Wolf find out about the stolen ecstasy, lest he track it down and take it while waiting for his next Lotus fruit fix.
It's Clarice Kent!!

eek eek
Originally posted by MLLASH's back:
PS/ Let's not let Timber Wolf find out about the stolen ecstasy, lest he track it down and take it while waiting for his next Lotus fruit fix.
rotflmao
Remember when Tenz turned into a chick? Remember when, crazy with female hormones as chicks often are, he/she changed his/her name to Ellen and confused friendship with romantic love like chicks always do?!? Chuck, who was very good-natured about Tenzil forgetting his name-- was cool about it, though it took some time for Tenzil to speak to Chuck again after getting his proper male body back....

[Linked Image]
"Sweethearts... Or Had It?"

confused

Belongs in the Non Sequitor thread, if you ask me.

Also, more men should wear cute flowered sleeveless tops.
Ze should have asked for advice on coloring hir hair, that's for sure.

Chuck looks hot there! Lucky Lu.
Bah! I hate it when Fate decrees stuff! Just because he has that cool helmet and lives in a doorless tower...
NEVER REALLY EXISTED. Heard that before!

No coulda woulda shoulda, don't want to go out crying, right? RIGHT??
X-Bomb Betty Cooper catches Dirk in the act. She coulda had Tenzil for a couple of scrap-iron sandwiches and an oilshake.

[Linked Image]
^Mischa Barton (lower left-hand corner) looks mighty amused.
RJ Brande, throwing his money around again...

[Linked Image]
RJ Brande and the Monopoly mascot...separated at birth? hmmm
Poor old rich guy lost his space-hat.
I'll just bet Zatara's 31st Century descendant stole the hat. shake
Neither Leeta 87 nor Imra were interested in Rokk's dorky pal Jer.

[Linked Image]

(continuity hounds should note that this scene takes place just after ADVENTURE 247, before Leeta's untimely death and Cos' realization that Jer's helmet idea was stupid)
Wildfire wept.
Imra, Tinya, Zoe and Lu on the beaches of Ventura...

[Linked Image]
Isn't that Somi?

And is Tinya wearing a flipped-up welding mask on the beach?
She's hiding from her nosy Mama's scanners!
re: Somi vs. Lu; I will grant that the outfit screamed Life Lass, but that hairdo? That's a Lu 'do!
Note the fact that hanging out with "Somi" can cause humorous misunderstandings!

Example:

Dirk: "Somi and Tinya were hanging out at the beach yesterday..."

Tenz: "You and Tinya were hanging out at the beach? Better not tell Jo, he gets jealous of other guys hanging out with his girl!"
AT LAST REVEALED! The REAL REASON Mentalla undertook the suicide mission of infiltrating the Fatal 5: a lying, cheating space-bastard, of course.

[Linked Image]
One reason why Lu married Chuck? Because he DID choose her over food, unlike this space-asshole...

[Linked Image]

The 9 Planets Ice cream parlor was in shambles after Lu kicked this guy's ass...
Jerry was very susceptible to menu items written in different fonts!
AT LAST REVEALED! The REAL REASON Mentalla undertook the suicide mission of infiltrating the Fatal 5: a lying, cheating space-bastard, of course.

[Linked Image]
[gasp!]

Reed Richards, nooooooooo!!
Zoe and Gim vacation on Kathoon (prior to his sudden heart's desire to die and whatever... of space)

[Linked Image]

Dunno about you, but I think your old buddy MLLASH could actually buy a monthly comic featuring Zoe and Gim being lovers!! *fans self*
LITTLE KNOWN LSH FACT: Doctor Landro's Hot Nurse once had her own series!

[Linked Image]
Is that a space-barrel?
An ancestor of Tenzil's???

[Linked Image]
Though dance craze The Shurg was considered immoral on Titan, Ayla and Brin didn't let Eve ruin their fun!

[Linked Image]
It is time to tell the untold tale of Dream Girl's adopting the ID of Miss Bikini Luv when she was briefly trapped in the 1960s...

[Linked Image]
Zoe, Jazmin, Imra and Salu accidentally took the modeling world by storm when they went looking for Nura in the 60s...

[Linked Image]
I could really go for a road-trip to Hitsville right about now...

...and "The Rotting Stumps" and those colorful black and white pin-ups sure bring back memories!
UNTOLD TALES OF THE LSH:

Duo Damsel and Bouncing Boy fall under the spell of the nefarious "HYPNOTIC HARMONICA of BORRAH MINEVITCH!"

[Linked Image]
O M G, Jerome, would U look at that gourd.
It's times like these that Iresa regrets breaking up with Chuck after he gained his weight back.

[Linked Image]
Ice Queen and Beauty Blaze at the LSV tryout... that creepy horny-toad Quake Kid looks all too happy to audition them. Ron-Karr, however, is unable to get over his well-documented gay crush on Nemesis Kid (or, later, Nemesis Kid's corpse).

[Linked Image]
Triple post frown
Triple post frown
I demand to see Brainiac 5 in black and yellow shorts.
Kind of an ironic Dobie Gillis cover considering that within a few years Win Mortimer would be the regular Legion artist.
LITTLE KNOWN LSH FACT: Doctor Landro's Hot Nurse once had her own series!

[Linked Image]
I wonder what fancy ocean or sand related bug Insect Queen had been that landed Clark in such a position?
I now hunger to read a story with Nura using the ID 'Miss Bikini Luv' with go go worked into the events somehow. Don't care if it's the 1960's or 2960's.
).

[Linked Image]
Who knew Brek made such a good looking drag queen?
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
I now hunger to read a story with Nura using the ID 'Miss Bikini Luv' with go go worked into the events somehow. Don't care if it's the 1960's or 2960's.
[Linked Image]
Wow.
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
I demand to see Brainiac 5 in black and yellow shorts.
Just go bump Ram Boy's pinup thread again.
Jeckie is moments away from lapsing into a coma.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Set Re: What's black and green and yellow all over? - 05/10/12 05:47 AM
Black and green and yellow? Mentalla, of course!
Animal pulls a Star Boy

[Linked Image]
Fashion Show with Triplicate Girl's Aunt Margie

[Linked Image]
Chili (AKA Charma) knows better than to leave the safety of male company...

[Linked Image]
Violet and Gim just got married... or DID they? Boy is HE in for a surprise...

[Linked Image]
Little does he know that that Nehru Jacket is...Chameleon Boy!

Cham has a lot to answer for.
I don't know if I'm more amazed at the fact that there was actually a comic called "Just Married" or that it apparently lasted at least 71 issues.
Only three available at the Digital Comics Museum, unfortunately. frown
GASP! I didn't know about the Digital Comics Museum! Cool!

I perused one JUST MARRIED story... it was some seriously compressed storytelling! Kinda refreshing yet utterly ridiculous!

[Linked Image]
Jeepers! DCM is awesome! It's got pretty much complete runs of tons of non-DC/Marvel Golden Age super-heroes, including groovy Quality heroes.
There should have been a romance comic called Groovy Love. (Or was there? 20% chance there was).

Those 60's & 70's youths were so sentimental!
I miss the days when Legionnaires would wear giant letters on their costumes. Meanwhile, Coipel-era Umbra has been applying "honky-tone" body makeup just like preboot Tasmia once did!

[Linked Image]
Zoe uses her TK talents to ruin the lunch of her drippy date Buzzy!

[Linked Image]
I've seen this film... and it's about to get hotter than Tharr!

[Linked Image]
click to enlarge

She ain't really asking about a sandwich. S. Erin trying to get Jan (look at that hair!) to make a decision.
I gotta say THIS Legion World thread is AWESOME!!
Keep'em coming!
A title named "Buzzy" has 67+ issues. That's why it is called the Golden Age...
I've seen this film... and it's about to get hotter than Tharr!

[Linked Image]
Imra smartly uses a megaphone with an "S". She was always the best at labeling her things. (See: medallions).
The silly boys don't know that Gwen has a date with Ayla later.

[Linked Image]
Our Ms. Ardeen handled the misspelling of her name with dignity, though her portrayal in the comic was much less dignified than she would have liked.

[Linked Image]
Dazzle gems are Calorie Queen's best friend

[Linked Image]
Lester Spiffany courting Duo Damsel? Not if Saturn Girl has anything to say about it! Soon, Lu will "be convinced" just how much she loves Chuck!

[Linked Image]
Ayla already knew her singing was subpar, but Brin sending his pets onstage to heckle her during space-karaoke night was over the top!

[Linked Image]
...and then Borrah Minevitch entered the fray!
UNTOLD TALES OF THE LSH:

Duo Damsel and Bouncing Boy fall under the spell of the nefarious "HYPNOTIC HARMONICA of BORRAH MINEVITCH!"

[Linked Image]
The battle was over quickly....
Yes, the Comics Code spelled the end of gourd-y comics.
After giving up super-villainy, Eyeful Ethel rarely felt fulfilled directing space-high school plays...

[Linked Image]
Quit frontin', Vi.

[Linked Image]
Life Lass was into the glass coffin thing WAY before you-know-who sparked the fad.

[Linked Image]
Eve Aries and Jeyra Entinn try out Cosmic King...and find him lacking.

[Linked Image]
JAN ARRAH'S LUCKY DAY!

[Linked Image]
Trish-tastic!
Lu's going to let them crash this time, she's not going to mess up her cute outfit for these Smallville yokels.

[Linked Image]
MARLI ZHORG WANTS PANEL TIME AND SHE DOESN'T CARE WHO SHE HAS TO WHACK TO GET IT.

[Linked Image]
Rokk's fanfiction is as annoying as he is!

[Linked Image]
Originally posted by Leap Year Lord:
Rokk's fanfiction is as annoying as he is!

[Linked Image]
lol AWESOME!
Ayla, you're on the Stardust Roof, NOT Winath. Keep your clothes on!

[Linked Image]
Zoe doin' what Zoe does.

[Linked Image]
X-Bomb Betty has a great party trick...but...you know....

[Linked Image]
Tinya and Tasmia use their blend-into-the-background Espionage Squad skills to gather material for their Daily Universe gossip column.

[Linked Image]
All Cos wants to do is talk talk. Lydda, DTMFA!

[Linked Image]
I think we all know how THIS ends: in SPACE, SUPER-MOBY DICK OF

[Linked Image]
Girl, I WARNED you not to date a "Super Companion"

[Linked Image]
Sure Marla\'s valuable!

[Linked Image]
Gossips at the Crypt 2: Gossips on Skis

[Linked Image]
HA!!! Excellent usgae of prior threads. No way I could match your creativity, Trish, as is known all too well.
That's nice, Blowing Sunshine Boy. Now post some more covers and amuse me.
Fifi was not quite clear on why the Bismollian government was hiring professional ice skaters ---- until she got a load of the Bismollian government.

[Linked Image]
What Legion tryout wasn't a Drama Club Rehearsal?

[Linked Image]
The pre-Legion Jet Platform technology was pretty crude.

[Linked Image]
Imra would learn from this, and the next time she met a hot red-headed guy... wasn't NOBODY taking him away.

[Linked Image]
Glorith turns another poor dude into protoplasm. Alas, his pals were too late to intervene. Meanwhile, the gay Mxyzptlk of the Legion's time kinda finds it amusing before he remembers he's a Legionnaire now...

[Linked Image]
Those who fail to learn from Brainy's love-robot history are doomed to repeat it....

[Linked Image]
Ron-Karr's Aunt Madge clipped this cover and mailed it to him with a note about what can happen when you throw in your lot with roughhousing hoodlums, and why don't you settle down and join the family space-greeting card business?

[Linked Image]
Lydda has HAD IT with the paparazzi interrupting her ski trip!

[Linked Image]

Nura, Mysa, and Lu say, "Thanks, Lydda! Let us treat you to a good man...err...good frothy chocohot!"

[Linked Image]
Ayla's a little space-teapot and Tinya's long-lost brother just showed up out of space-nowhere but given everything Legionnaires Garth and Imra have seen that's small space-potatoes and they're just gonna keep on making out, thanks.

[Linked Image]
*recognizes and celebrates the hard work teeds put into this thread*
How about red + black and white <strike>all over</strike> at top and middle?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Set Re: What's black and green and yellow all over? - 06/06/12 07:35 PM
That's totally Life Lasses costume, isn't it?
This is off-topic and offensive to Lallorians.
Peggy, of course, is also the one with the Projectra-at-the-beach costume. Or is Projectra is the one with the Peggy-at-the-beach costume?

[Linked Image]
Ball Belle was Chuck's girlfriend pre-Iresa, as is well-known.
click to enlarge

Watch out, Lar. You have competition in the seeding business.

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge
Patsy and her Marvel galpals round up some rejected LSH applicants

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge
^ LOVE those, LYL. love
[Linked Image]
Two down...

click to enlarge click to enlarge
Beach blanket reboot!!

WHO WORE IT BETTER: the Man Out of Space *or* the Knave From Krytpon?

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Gotta go with Dev-Em. He fills it out better.
I think the red and black is the better colour scheme though.
Let's talk about the greenies on the cover. Green alligator head dude or gigantic green dough dude (or dudette)?
WHO WORE IT...okay, I don't think Wasp Woman is going to get any love here, but she definitely wore it first, in 1952.

Janet van Dyne has really let herself go.
Originally Posted by Leap Year Lord
Two down...

Three?

click to enlarge
© Legion World