Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » The Fabulous Fortes (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The Fabulous Fortes
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I've just done some digging through my Archive Editions, focused on John Forte's art era, focused further on his obscure female characters. Without listing issue numbers, and without descriptions, see if you can figure out who I'm describing.....

*Autograph Girl
*Redheaded Applicant in Green
*Dr. Landro's Hot Nurse (okay, she has some LW cred....hello Cobalt Kid!)
*Lovey Dovey
*Gossips at Crypt Lass
*Miss Doll World
*Sun Woman (okay, sometimes they're actually named already!)
*Xennian Girl
*Miss Famished Far Planet
*Try Again Lass
*Character Anaylysis Monitor Maiden
*Bad Bad Mom from Khann
*Kissandra
*Leta Lal (has she appeared again, maybe in Superman stories?)
*Dr. Hanscom's Urgent Nurse
*Markita (grossly overlooked for the XGF Model competition)
*Actress from "The Terrible Cyclopean Creature" Lass
*Vorn Woman

I have to admit that a couple obscure women from John Forte's run were left off this list...namely Queen Azura and Nila, but that was because they have both had major parts in Pinup Model competitions.

Right now, I'm just interested in discussion, but I imagine that the favorite five of this list could readily become the next set of competitors in a Pinup Model challenge....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

If I were to pick my top five from this list, they'd be:

Dr. Landro's Hot Nurse
Miss Doll World
Sun Woman
Kissandra
Actress/Cyclopean...

IF....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Paging Nightcrawler....
I created this thread *really* late at night/early morning, and I went to sleep thinking about it. I dreamed that you'd created little graemlins for each of these ultra obscure Fab Forte Girls. Isn't that a neat dream?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I need to look up who some of these people are!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, I own perhaps one or two of these and I haven't had a copy of any Archive in my hands in years, but here goes:

Autograph Girl: izzat autograph signed by a DUPLI-WRITING STYLUS?

Dr. Landro's Hot Nurse: well, she's a starlet on the Legion board, so her fame has far surpassed non-hot Doctor Landro.

Lovey Dovey: that's no lady, that's my grife!

Sun Woman: I believe I recall her outfit & head adornment, but heck if I can remember her story.

Khann Mom: Of course! "Madam, please have your little fiends play with their balloon toys elsewhere!" Or words to that effect.

Kissandra: From Romance Valley RK-somethingsomethingsomething(?).

Markita: the one who, with any luck, aced her Flying Ed classes?

I wonder if any of the unnamed lasses were...Josephine?

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Paging Nightcrawler....
I created this thread *really* late at night/early morning, and I went to sleep thinking about it. I dreamed that you'd created little graemlins for each of these ultra obscure Fab Forte Girls. Isn't that a neat dream?

Maybe during Christmas holiday, till then I'll be lucky to be home before 7pm (after going to work at 7am).
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I'll be scanning and posting pictures of them when I get a chance. I'm into it.

Nighty, no worries! It can stay on the back-burner. No big hurry. I think about stuff for LW at night a lot, but it was cool to have an actual dream about it!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

I still haven't written down all the issue numbers they appeared in, but I did scan the images! Remember, MOST of the names of these characters are made up!
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester

I still don't remember Try Again Lass!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Is it just me or does Autograph Girl look freakishly like Hilary Swank?
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I think a reasonable way to get to know these girls better is to examine them just a couple or few at a time....

So, I'll begin with Autograph Girl.
She debuted in Adventure Comics #301, "The Secret Origin of Bouncing Boy." This is the story that also debuted one Lester Spiffany.

I might have made a mistake by only scanning that one, single autograph hound... there were several in the crowd outside the upside-down rocket ship hq that day. In fact, I'm going by the Archive Edition #1 copy of the story, and there are actually 3 different redheads shown on that page. The one I posted and another one are wearing the same shade of violet, but are clearly two different girls. I wonder if someone with the actual original issue could let us know if the coloring was different, originally. It matters! (To some of us, anyway.)

Yes, indeed, Lightning Lad uses the Dupli-Writing Stylus to sign "thousands of autographs simultaneously." No writer's cramp for Garth! Everyone came with their "sensitized scripto-plates" so it seems like there was no problem with not getting an "original" autograph. I wonder if those gadgets are like what we use at the check out at some stores, now?

So, what do we know about these Autograph Girls? The Legionnaires feel both honored and annoyed by them. They chuckle and smile, but then they put up a force-shield around hq so they won't be "disturbed by too persistent admirers." That is SO like today's celebrities! Wow. The fans did all agree to leave once the sheild was up, though one guy was pushing against it.

EDE thought the girl above looks like Hilary Swank. It might be my scan, because looking in the book, I don't see that similarity as much. As much fun as it might be to make Autograph Girl into a fanatic, stalker type, she's actually just a nice girl.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Redheaded Applicant in Green also debuted in ADV. #301. She has a bouffant hairdo that rivals Lydda's and wears a green ensemble which is VERY form fitting! (The girls's stacked, okay!) She persisted in her try-out even after watching Lester Spiffany and Storm Boy get rejected. She had a couple of lines, which basically reinforced how famed and honored the Legion is. She was shocked to learn that Chuck had been rejected before he was accepted.

We never got to learn any more about her, like what her power is or her name. We know that she is determined and respectful. She's a scene stealer. I mean, she was surrounded by guys the whole story, she never vamped it up, nor shyed away. This makes me think that she has a power that gives her great confidence.

Of course, being a redhead in green makes me think she's of Irish descent. Imagine her saying this with an Irish accent, "The super-heroes are famed... and honored... all over the universe!!"
I can totally "hear" it that way!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

I actually missed a couple of fun Obscure Girls from ADV 301... there's a girl with a wacky triangle shaped hairdo laughing at Chuck, in one panel. She actually thinks the "bouncing checks" comment another man made was funny. I'd imagine giving her a Joan Rivers or Kathy Griffin type of personality. Mocks Others Lass? Harrass Lass?

There was also a cute young lady working in the box office outside the Robot Gladiator Tournament stadium. Box Office Betty? Ticket Mistress?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Dr. Landro's Hot Nurse was in Adv #303, "The Fantastic Spy." A lot has been said about her in other threads, but let's be clear, she's HOT! She seems to be pretty professional, but her gaze will go right through you!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.