Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » The Fabulous Fortes (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The Fabulous Fortes
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
She's obviously a big Legion fan and very optimistic. I like to think that she always looks on the bright side. Like when the Sun Eater came, or when Darkseid attacked, she was there cheering the Legion on! I bet she'd be a great friend and/or family member. Hey, maybe she knows Flyntt Broj? They'd be a good pair!

Yes, yes, yes! I suddenly am filled with wonderul images of TALass and Flynt living happily ever after! Or better, cheering them on at the end of Zero Hour and as Flynt gets a little sad, T.A. Lass looks at the readers and says, "we'll just have to try again!".

Teeds, that's one of my all-time favorite covers too. The Subs are some of my favorites (especially the original five + Color Kid), and this cover draws me in everytime.

Fortes really drew some glamorous girls Dean! I never realized it until this thread.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, my work is done, then!

(Actually, I still need to give an analysis of Vorn Woman, but I haven't re-read that story yet...)

This was a lot of fun to do. Yes, Forte did seem to want to promote glamor and that's good for us!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
I think the Vorn Woman is one of the most interesting. She's attractive, which is more or less a given, but her simple-chic clothing and lack of jewelry sets her apart.
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
[Girls wanting Legion autographs] [Dr. Landro s  Hot  Nurse] [Lovey-Dovey  - Chameleon Boy in disguise]

[Gossiping Girls] [Various rejected applicants from Adv. 301]

[Unnamed girl from Doll World] [Sun Woman of Vannar]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I'm dreaming!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
[Xennians] [Hungry Aliens] [Optimistic Legion Fan]

[Character Analysis Monitor] [Demo the Dreadful] [Kissandra]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

This is how characters like these Fabulous Fortes become superstars!

Isn't it fun, Nighty? I mean, it's great to create images of the Legionnaires, but these obscure characters are so... for the advanced palette! Heh!

Thank you!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
They are wonderful! And thanks Sketchy for sending me back to those Forte stories.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

[Leta Lal] [Dr. Hanscom s Urgent Nurse] [Markita]

[The People of Vorn s Last City] [The Terrible Cyclopean Creature] [Nila]

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

[Gossiping Girls] "Did you hear that that hunky elf Nightcrawler Lad made more graemlins?"
Sketch Lad
Advisor

SO fun!!! LOVE IT!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Try Again Lass:
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

I was digging through old threads here at Bits and found this. So fun!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

This was great, and it set an older Xenn (from Xenn) onto the path of Holo Model stardom!

Click for fullsize image

Lethargy Lad
Auxiliary Substitute Trainee Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lethargy Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Lethargy Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Autograph Girl... debuted in Adventure Comics #301, "The Secret Origin of Bouncing Boy."
I might have made a mistake by only scanning...one...autograph hound. [T]here were several in the crowd. [G]oing by the Archive...there are actually 3 different redheads shown on that page. The one I posted and another one are wearing the same shade of violet, but are clearly two different girls. I wonder if someone with the actual original issue could let us know if the coloring was different... It matters!

EDE thought the girl above looks like Hilary Swank. It might be my scan, because looking in the book, I don't see that similarity as much.

And does it matter indeed!

My original copy of AdCo 301 shows two autograph hounds in violet, but with obviously different garb.

Hilari (Autograph Girl) Swan-K has auburn hair and is dressed in a paler shade of violet (more of a mauve, actually) with no collar. So yes, I also see the similarity to which EDE alludes.

Other Autograph Girl, dressed in plum with white stripes across her collar, is a carrot top (like Lana Lang) and speaks from the far left of the first panel on page two.

If we include auburn and strawberry blond in the broader definition of "red hair", then she is one of FOUR redheads shown on that page, the other two being Dirk and Garth. The Archive Edition, apparently, HAS been recolored. In Sketch Lad's scan, Dressed-in-Blue Boy (between Autograph Girl and Lightning Lad) is shown fully colored with pink face, whereas in the original, he is knocked out in monochrome like the rest of the background characters (albeit a different monochrome), only Hilari and Garth in the foreground being fully colored.

Adventure 301 is a fun issue, beginning with a beautiful Curt Swan and George Klein cover and 13 page Superboy story with Krypto cameo ("Lex Luthor and Clark Kent, Cell-Mates", reprinted in Superman Family #166).

ALSO, for the record, AdCo 301 contains the first published occurrence of the phrase "Bits of Legionnaire Business", in a letter from Allen Pilcher of Memphis, Tennessee.

[ December 23, 2009, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: Lethargy Lad ]

From: La-Z-Boy in Parlor | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.