Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » The Fabulous Fortes (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The Fabulous Fortes
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
How about

Jason
Armstrong's
Nifty
Extra
?

The (not-so-plain) JANEs?

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
In Adv.326, "Revolt of the Girl Legionnaires," I neglected the cast of "To the Cosmos, Forever!" It's the "most sensational musical space extravaganza EVER staged." It was playing at a theater in the Interplanetary Fair. There were some lovely female performers in that show.

Also at the Interplanetary Fair, Triplicate Girl took Invisible Kid to the "Romance Valley of Planet R-K528" exhibit. It's an "authentic copy" of the universe's most romantic spot. Now, I just have to say that it didn't look very romantic to me. There are some very large purple and orange flowers and some very large purple butterflies, all set against a sparse yellow background. The focal point is the "light beam" painting of Kissandra. It looks like a regular painting to me.
Now, I'll just have to average-in the fact that there are many, many ideas of romance in the galaxy.

The legend of Kissandra is that "they say the aura of this alien beauty brings happiness to TRUE LOVERS who approach her shrine." She is beautiful, all blond in white with the gold and pink aura glowing.

All the regular questions apply to Kissandra. Who is she? Where is she from? Is she real or a myth? What culture spawned her legend? Etc Etc...

I definitely want to attempt to illustrate my own version of this exhibit. I want prettier floral arrangements, more delicate butterflies, and I want the light beam painting of Kissandra to look like a light beam painting. Wish me luck!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Extras! Jason Armstrong's Nifty Extra's! The JANEs!
Works for me!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

While still discussing Adv 326, I should mention Queen Azura of Femnaz. She really belongs here, even though I already featured her in the Platinum and Gold Pinup Challenge. She is stunning.

I do want to acknowledge her people, too. She has some serious warrior women, who wear pointed red helmets and gun-metal armor. Also, the more "civilian" women seem to wear short, sleeveless dresses with wristbands and waistbands. I was also interested in the idol of their Moon Goddess (to whom they shoot "prayer rockets." She seems to be lovely, in a dark, skimpy ceremonial outfit and dark hair. Her statue stands, arms outstretched in front of a beautiful green temple. I'm imagining the pinup now!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
 -

(visual reference...)

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Leta Lal was in Adv 333, "The War Between Krypton and Earth." She's just stunningly beautiful! She wears that flimsy, sexy nighty-like dress. She was ALL over Superboy, and he was ALL over her! Then, to top it off, she was artificially evolved into a mermaid. She's just what dreams are made of! In an editor's narration, it is mentioned that Leta Lal will go on to have a descendant named Lori Lemaris, who meets Superman.

Leta and Superboy pretty much played the Romeo and Juliet roles in this clash of cultures story. Leta was very brave to simply go along with the transformation and say goodbye to Supes.

Did I mention that she looked HOT?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

In Adv. 335, "Starfinger!" we see Dr. Hanscom's Urgent Nurse. She looks attractive enough, but she's very professionally giving the visiting Legionnaires their message that the Chief of the Science Police called. I can't help but compare her to Dr. Landro's Hot Nurse. Would *she* have appeared so flustered when delivering such a message? Sun Boy's looking at her with NO interest at all. That usually means one thing...she's not hot.

Still, she is attractive, so it must be her attitude that keeps the men uninterested. Um...maybe she could care less what the men think of her? Plenty to speculate on....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Markita appears in Adv 338, "The Menace of the Sinister Super-Babies!" Wow, what a vamp! She is ALL OVER Lyle in the Romances of History Museum. She desperately wants him to kiss her and fall in love with her and get him to marry her. She and he both acknowledge that in their thoughts. He's so relieved when Saturn Girl telepathically calls him to duty. Her thought bubble is hysterical... "The sneak is slipping off the hook, after all my scheming! *BAH!*"

Obviously, she's going for status by persueing Lyle, a Legionnaire. She's got all the assets to make it happen! The zig-zag neckline on that outfit and the gold choker really make the eyes center in... Poor Lyle, he looked kinda scared on that date!

EDE hopes she found a good husband...with her sense of determination, she MUST have!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

The actress from the Cyclopean movie was in Adv 338 also. She starred opposite Chameleon Boy in his role as the creature. Saturn Girl called Cham while he was filming; he had to leave. The director moaned that they'd have to shoot around the creature until he returned. I really admire that director for wanting a to only use the creature as Cham performs it, instead of stunt doubles or special effects.

The gorgeous actress seemed annoyed at Cham's departure. Not much else to say about her. I mentioned that she's gorgeous, right?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
One wonders if Cham's side job as an actor had a role in opening up opportunities for other Durlans, such as Yera, in the movie industry.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

quote:
...and it was LYDDA who discovered that all the havoc created by Throon... I wonder if TAL ever knew that? Maybe she'd be the biggest Night Girl fan then?

If she loves Night Girl then I love her, but I HATE Try Again Lass's hairdo. Awful.
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Oh yeah, TMK #11 also has what looks like a dupli-writing stylus to me....
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Gotta dig out TMK #11.

Try Again Lass' hair... if she was in a pinup contest, in her second picture, I'd have several wisps of her hair spilling down from the mass above. Then, in the third pinup, I'd have only a little bit of the height still in place. By the fourth, she'd have lovely, bouncing, silky locks! That's just how I like the hair to roll.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

quote:
That's just how I like the hair to roll.

Iconic Sketchy, right there.
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
This came to mind mostly with Markita and that low-cut neckline, but there's an amazing absence of cleavage in those characters. It was probably a no-no back then.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.