Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » The Fabulous Fortes (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The Fabulous Fortes
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I can't help but wonder how Markita and Marya would have done in the XGF competition.

I'll be digging up more details about the rest of the Fab Fortes soon...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Grife, in order to explain who some of these Obscure Girls are, I have to *read the whole story!* What's a sketcher to do? Read I guess!

Hang in there....

Of course, if anyone else has anything to add, I'd love to hear it!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Reading is fundamental! [Saturn Girl]
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd like to think Markita ended up marrying some important Legion supporting character, like Animal Lad or Arms Fall Off Boy!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm so proud of Dr. Landro's Hot Nurse being so popular on the Legion Board. It was my shining Legion Board moment! [Big Grin]

Lovey Dovey...er, Cos sure was kinda dorky in that story.

Sun Girl--wow, kinda HOT! I didn't remember her at all!

Autograph Girl -- Eryk is right! It looks just like Hillary Swank!

And check out how fashionable those gossips are! Necklaces, bracelets, earrings! Gossips always have so much money [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
In Adventure #310, "Doom of the Super-Heroes," the Legion went in search of Mask Man, who ended up being a descendant of Mxyzptlk. They went to Doll World, where Shrinking Violet met a pretty little lady. She instantly referred Vi to Ak Aru, the wisest man of their people, their Papa Smurf, if you will.

[LOL]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Cobie, I'm glad you're here! Any insight you have into any of these characters is invited!

Let me just quickly say that the Subs, Night Girl in particular, were *awesome* back in these Adventure Comics! Lydda did some deeds, man!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Okay, so as I mentioned above, it's hard to describe some of these obscure ladies without explaining why they were in the stories....

In Adv. #319, "The Legion's Suicide Squad," space travel was being hindered by the planet Throon. Any ship that passed that area was blasted by rays from a "neutralizing force projector" which would disable the ship. So, our Miss Famished Far Planet and her people began missing their food shipments (they have no food on their own world).

This interesting alien woman was the only female shown on her world. They have very distinctive, large eyes with yellow skin and black markings on their faces. Her hair is brown, and very neatly and intentionally styled. She has a typical, curvacious human body, and she wears tight clothing featuring thin stripes. The men shown around her all dress alike. The boys all dress alike. I wonder if the other females dress like her, or do the women vary their looks? The men and boys are bald, but have the same markings and coloration.

These sentients are all looking off into different directions, seemingly watching for the supply ship to come in. I wonder if, with their giant eyes, they have some sort of vision powers or at least enhanced vision?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

In the same issue as above, Try Again Lass appears in a single panel. By now, the Legion has tried to stop the events on Throon. They've failed. Try Again Lass says that if the Legion can't beat Throon, no one can. She hopes they "try again."

TAL is a very glamorous Metropolis girl! She has the big blonde hairdo, good jewelry, stylish clothing.

She's obviously a big Legion fan and very optimistic. I like to think that she always looks on the bright side. Like when the Sun Eater came, or when Darkseid attacked, she was there cheering the Legion on! I bet she'd be a great friend and/or family member. Hey, maybe she knows Flyntt Broj? They'd be a good pair!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Oh, back to my comment about the Subs... the weapons on Throon did overcome the Legion. The Subs went in and tried too, and it was LYDDA who discovered that all the havoc created by Throon was caused by its two sole survivors, the zany old men! Go Lydda! Do what NO ONE ELSE in the univese could! I wonder if TAL ever knew that? Maybe she'd be the biggest Night Girl fan then?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

In Adv #320 "The Revenge of the Knave from Krypton,"
we meet Character Analysis Monitor Lass. Brainy demonstrates that machine's ability by projecting it at her as she drives an air-car. CAML is a typical Fabulous Forte, perfect blond hair, good jewelry, stylish clothes. Brainy says she's a tourist. She just looks normal in the air car, but her projection is EVIL! It seems to me the Legion should have used the CAM more often at try-outs.

I can't help but wonder exactly how effective the CAM is. I mean, maybe this girl isn't really evil. Maybe she just has airway rage? She's a tourist, driving alone, maybe she's lonely? Maybe she's lost? Why don't I want to believe she's evil? I'm skeptical about Brainy's device, I guess... We never did see it again, did we?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

In Adv #325, "Lex Luthor Meets the Legion of Superheroes," we see Bad Khann Mom. Khann is described as "inhabited only by criminal outcasts of hundreds of worlds." Mom is gushing over how wonderful it is that Demo the Dreadful sold his birth planet into slavery. Her little son wants to be just like him when he grows up.

Hmmm... I think I prefer the name Mama Khann...

Anyway, she's a typical Fab Forte, with the beauty and the clothes and bod. She has short raven hair this time, as does her son.

Several other men of Khann are shown, but no other women. Are women scarce there? Has Mama Khann taken a matriarchal role and doesn't want any interference from other fems? What does Demo think of her? Who is the boy's father? Lots to ponder!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

I LOVE Lydda in the Adventure Era. That's a great shot of her wrasslin' Sun Woman.

This is one of my favorite Legion covers. Iconic Night Girl, right there.

-
(Despite the impossible waist.) Yes, I looked at GCBD and this listed as a Swan, but I just had to post it.

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
I'm skeptical about Brainy's device, I guess... We never did see it again, did we?

If you mean the Character Analysis Monitor, yes, in TMK #11.

If you refer to something else, Glorith saw it.

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Heh, thanks for posting that cover, Teeds.
Forte rarely did the covers. It was almost always Swan. I want to look for Swan's Swans next! I also want to look for Jason Armstrong's Obscure Girls.

Hmmm... I need a good title for Jason Armstrong's Obscure Girls...

Help!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.