Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » The Fabulous Fortes (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The Fabulous Fortes
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Lovey Dovey, as I call her, was also in ADV 303. She is Chameleon Boy in disguise. He and Cosmic Boy dressed as a honeymoon couple in order to deliver the Doomsday Bomb, via Earth Tube, to the other side of the planet. The story's more complicated, but the bomb was stolen from them.

I love how Cham chose to look like a total knockout of a woman, with all the bright blue. He/she tells Cos not to get too close, or else, yet he/she fems it up by cooing over how thrilling the ride is, "darling." C'mon man, you loved being Lovey Dovey!

There's another woman in the tube-car, a raven haired beauty, who has a sort of distant look in her eye as she takes her freeze-pill. She seems kind of interesting. "Travels Medicated Lass?"

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

The two girls outside of Lightning Lad's crypt are kinda gossiping about Saturn Girl, which seems like they're judging her, being mean, but they might actually care about how she feels. It's hard to tell.

They're both very pretty, decked out in good jewelry and glamorous outfits. Other people in the crowd look very sad. They have less emotion on their faces. It's hard to tell what they're thinking/feeling. Are they just Legion fans, trying to get a glimpse? Are they opportunists, trying to meet a Legionnaire when he or she is down?

They wonder what Saturn Girl's thinking, but Saturn Girl is crying, wiping her eye with a hanky. Maybe these girls are kinda dumb? Clueless Lasses? Missed Their Cue Maidens?

This will take some more thought....

[ December 18, 2006, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: Sketch Lad ]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
I still haven't written down all the issue numbers they appeared in, but I did scan the images! Remember, MOST of the names of these characters are made up!
 -

If I remember correctly. Lovey Dovey is actually Chameleon Boy telling Cosmic Boy not to get fresh.

I remember the Sun Woman story. Night Girl leads a revoly in order to gain Legion Membership.

I can't really remember all of them.

I wonder if Red Haeded Applicant is really Iresa stalking Bouncing Boy.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:
Okay, I own perhaps one or two of these and I haven't had a copy of any Archive in my hands in years, but here goes:

Autograph Girl: izzat autograph signed by a DUPLI-WRITING STYLUS?

--Yes. That's her. See my above analysis of their scene.

Dr. Landro's Hot Nurse: well, she's a starlet on the Legion board, so her fame has far surpassed non-hot Doctor Landro.

--Absolutely. I'm just glad to continue her path to stardom!

Lovey Dovey: that's no lady, that's my grife!

--Hee! Right!

Sun Woman: I believe I recall her outfit & head adornment, but heck if I can remember her story.

--I'm still getting to her....

Khann Mom: Of course! "Madam, please have your little fiends play with their balloon toys elsewhere!" Or words to that effect.

--Oh! That's someone else. I wonder if I missed her or if she was depicted by another artist? Must investigate! I'll get more dirt on Khann Mom soon.

Kissandra: From Romance Valley RK-somethingsomethingsomething(?).

--More info on Kissandra soon. I TOTALLY want to do a portrait of her!

Markita: the one who, with any luck, aced her Flying Ed classes?

I wonder if any of the unnamed lasses were...Josephine?

Help! Don't know that reference!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
"Come Josephine... in my time machine..."

Popular 30th century song.

See Antennae Lad's first appearance.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

In Adventure #310, "Doom of the Super-Heroes," the Legion went in search of Mask Man, who ended up being a descendant of Mxyzptlk. They went to Doll World, where Shrinking Violet met a pretty little lady. She instantly referred Vi to Ak Aru, the wisest man of their people, their Papa Smurf, if you will.

Miss Doll World has the short stature of the people of her home, plus she's sexy! She's got a curvy body, in a tight sweater, she wears high heels and a mini skirt. Her hair is fire red and long and neatly styled.

Forte could have drawn Vi meeting any kind of character you can think of, but he chose a hottie! Actually, was this Vi's choice? Out of everyone in that city, she chose HER to ask. Hmmm....

[ December 18, 2006, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: Sketch Lad ]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

In Adv. #315, "The Legionnaires' Super-Contest," the Legion is impressed by the Subs, so they give each of them a chance to compete to win a spot in the actual Legion.

Night Girl meets her *perfect* arch-nemesis, Sun Woman. SW has become the evil tyrant of the planet Vannar, by using super powers drawn from the sun. Lydda knew that Sun Woman wears a harness, an invention stolen from a great scientist, in order to gain those powers. Okay, right away I suspect it was Lydda's *father* who invented that thing! That's how Lydda knew so much about it. (Of course, that could have all been public info, but I like my scenario better!)

Night Girl defeats Sun Woman by blotting out the sun with the smoke from burning a particular black rock, and she dramatically cuffs her and flies her off to justice!

Sun Woman is well...HOT! She has a sexy curvy body. She wears a skimpy one-piece costume with heels. That harness has keen glowing points on the shoulders, and she wears that kitchy sun headdress behind her head, with her blond hair pulled back. She has a nasty look on her face all the time with those evil, flared eyebrows. A grand vampy bad girl!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
"Come Josephine... in my time machine..."

Popular 30th century song.

See Antennae Lad's first appearance.

Thanks! Interesting. I'd be curious to look for background characters whenever a time machine appears....

[ December 18, 2006, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Sketch Lad ]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Quis,
I don't think the redhead is Iresa stalking Chuck, because he was fat then. Didn't she only date him when he was thin?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester

Maybe she only dates people with dramatically different weights than herself! So when she was thin, she stalked chubby guys, but once she gained weight herself, she only dug skinny guys!

Or mayber not...

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I just don't think it was Iresa. Iresa was Iresa. I prefer my idea that she's a 30th century Irish Lass!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

...but, Iresa wore green too....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester

Maybe it's Iresa's more attractive sister?
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
I confused Markita with MARYA, Jan's Adventure-era date. Was she the one ditched mid-date and mid-air?
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
I got one word for Lovey Dovey: boffo.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.