Legion World
---The Dark Oval Embassy---

The High Ambassador, Angra Metternich, has arrived here on Legion World to represent the Hrykosian Clan and the Dark Oval Sector of Space.

I am weary from my recent travels.

I ask for your patience, and I will address you within the coming days.

I look forward to our...'discussions'...
Welcome, ambassador.

We extend full hospitality to any guests who come in peace.
I bid you welcome as well, Ambassador Metternich. As Acting Ambassador and Assistant Deputy Leader for Strategic Alliances, I hereby invite you to stop by my Villa for a visit and so that you may present your credentials.

I too eagerly anticipate our upcoming discussions and am certain that we will be able to avoid any unpleasantness by adhere to the strict protocols of diplomacy.
hmmmmm.....a new arrrrival eh?
A welcome limerick:

Here comes Ambassador Metternich
The Hrykosians' number one pick
Much to discuss
Don't make a fuss
High diplomacy is his schtick.
hmmm odd, my history books never said anything about a dark oval sector.....but Ambassador Angra Metternich ? why does THAT name sound familiar. Where have i heard that name before...

curiouser and curiouser, i'd better stay hidden until more players reveal themselves especially with the few legionaires left fighting amongst themselves.
<'ports in, sniffs>

Man, something sure smells rotten in here!

<'ports out>
As LW Leader it is my honor to welcome you Ambassador. Here is your official coupon book filled with super-savings. Please enjoy your stay at our humble abode.
I'm looking forward to some "discussions" as well ... I'll be sharpening my teeth in preparation ...
Citizens of Legion World,

I thank you for your patience since my arrival two nights ago. The Dark Oval is a long way from Legion World, and the United Planets is not as considerate to us as they are to their own members. Despite the bullying influence of the United Planets, we have still been able to arrive safely to Legion World.

I won’t waste your time, or my own.

I’ve come here to demand that two citizens of Legion World, LardLad and Cobalt Kid, be turned over to the authorities of the Dark Oval. I ask that the Legion World army, which Cobalt Kid is one-third commander, be disbanded until he has been taken out of United Planet territory, as we fear the imminent attack he will inflict on our cruisers with his military might.

We charge LardLad with murder. Look here to see the horrendous murder of two of our political leaders, Daemon Hrykos and Mordra his wife.

<shows holo-vid of LardLad murdering the two>

We charge Cobalt Kid with accessory to murder. Here again, you can see Cobalt Kid helping him flee from Dark Oval authorities.

<shows Cobalt Kid and an unidentified female fleeing>

Unfortunately, we could not identify their third companion, or any others that may have helped them. In the Dark Oval, accessory to murder carries the same penalty as the murder charge itself. Any of you familiar with the Dark Oval knows what the punishment for these crimes will be.

I also hope to open talks between Legion World and the Dark Oval in regards to a peace treaty between the two. This treaty would enforce a rule that neither would enter each others space boundaries. I would ensure that this means that should Legion World be at war with one of our allies, we would not violate the treaty and come to our allies aid (and the same would work vice versa). Our cultures are very different, and it is important to open talks on this topic. If allowed, I would like to invite two more diplomatic cruisers to land here on Legion World.

Lastly, the Dominion, one-fifth of the Dark Oval’s Empire, would like to extend an opportunity for the famous scientists and geniuses on Legion World to work with them on trading information that could be useful to us both, such as inter-Earth teleportation and the various items the LMB uses to increase the quality of life on Legion World. In return, we offer a variety of new technologies on electro-vegetation, anti-matter weaponry and Black-Hole technology.

I look forward to hearing your various opinions. I will also answer any questions any of you have for me concerning the Dark Oval and our political intentions in the region referred to as the United Planets.
On behalf of the Psyonian Royal Family, I welcome you to Legion World, High Ambassador Metternich.

These are grievous charges you bring before us. You realize, of course, that the United Planets currently have no extradition treaty with the Dark Oval Empire. However, we do take these charges most seriously.

We will, of course, be open to hearing anything you have to say on the matter, and all evidence will be reviewed carefully before any decisions can be made on proper course of action.

As to the offer of scientific trading, you do realize that there are currently no trade treaties existing between our governments. As such, any trading of United Planets technological data and/or equipment would be treated as treasonous. If, however, our governments were to open trade negotiations, then that would, of course, be a different matter.
Originally posted by Ambassador Angra Metternich:
Any of you familiar with the Dark Oval knows what the punishment for these crimes will be.
Its no secret what that punishment is. Death.
Greetings Ambassador Metternich!

While there are many more able citizens to engage in dialogue with you, I will take you up on your offer and continue this dialogue with some comments and questions.

First, what is status of the Dark Oval’s political relations with other non-UP planets and empires? Rumors have persisted that the Dark Oval employs the military might of Khundia and Ggrrgg, both long-time enemies of the Legion of Message Board Posters.

I also hope to open talks between Legion World and the Dark Oval in regards to a peace treaty between the two. This treaty would enforce a rule that neither would enter each others space boundaries. I would ensure that this means that should Legion World be at war with one of our allies, we would not violate the treaty and come to our allies aid (and the same would work vice versa). Our cultures are very different, and it is important to open talks on this topic. If allowed, I would like to invite two more diplomatic cruisers to land here on Legion World.
It appears to me that you are suggesting a direct split between Legion World and the United Planets. While it would be beneficial that you would align yourselves should we become embroiled in a war, the benefit of course would be to the Dark Oval, when it enters into its long planned attack on the United Planets. By prohibiting the single most powerful array of sentients in the universe from entering the conflict, the Dark Oval would have quite a victory at the very beginning of such conflict.

Lastly, the Dominion, one-fifth of the Dark Oval&#146;s Empire, would like to extend an opportunity for the famous scientists and geniuses on Legion World to work with them on trading information that could be useful to us both, such as inter-Earth teleportation and the various items the LMB uses to increase the quality of life on Legion World. In return, we offer a variety of new technologies on electro-vegetation, anti-matter weaponry and Black-Hole technology.
I find it also very interesting that the Dark Oval would be interested in inter-Earth teleportation technology. What would be the intentions of such devices? Surely the Dark Oval is not planning to invade an entire other universe after they’ve mined this one for all its worth?

Though you may be a famous ambassador, you will not find Legion World lacking in political savvy. We will not stand for double-talk, and we will not effectively put on the sidelines when the long planned attack from the Dark Oval begins.

Let us focus on LardLad and Cobalt Kid, who you wish to apprehend. So far you’ve told us nothing and only shown us holo-vids that leave out 99% of the story. Are we to take your word at face value when these are valued members of this community? You cannot simply take them to the Dark Oval and execute them.

flag
The Dark Oval has no wartime allies. We currently have trading alliances with Ggrrgg, Khundia and have been attempting to reach Earth to open up an avenue there.

Originally posted by Spellbinder:
As to the offer of scientific trading, you do realize that there are currently no trade treaties existing between our governments. As such, any trading of United Planets technological data and/or equipment would be treated as treasonous. If, however, our governments were to open trade negotiations, then that would, of course, be a different matter.
Originally posted by Liberty Monkey:
I find it also very interesting that the Dark Oval would be interested in inter-Earth teleportation technology. What would be the intentions of such devices? Surely the Dark Oval is not planning to invade an entire other universe after they&#146;ve mined this one for all its worth?
I am surprised by this reaction, given the Dominion’s respected status as scientists and engineers. But I can assure you, it is not United Planets technology we are looking to analyze, it is technology used here exclusively on Legion World. Think of the benefit a Green Lantern’s ring could have in the Dark Oval, by stopping meteors from hitting trading ships? This is but one small example.

As for assumptions that we use such technology for war, that is hardly fair. The Dark Oval has an equal right to all technology for the purposes of helping our societies grow. So be careful, little monkey, of your tone.

As for LardLad and Cobalt Kid, its quite a simple story. LardLad invaded Dark Oval space and murdered the leader of the Hrykosian Clan, Daemon Hrykos, as well as his wife Mordra and their daughter. Yes, that is right. LardLad is a child-killer. I can see in your eyes that some of you don’t even doubt this. You realize as the rest of the galaxy does that this man is not as benevolent as was once believed. Cobalt Kid helped to flee from the authorities, and thus, doomed himself. The very fact that they were in Dark Oval space without clearance is an act of war itself. If this Cobalt Kid was as much a hero as he proclaimed, he’d resign from his post as Security Chief immediately and give it someone not currently being charged with accessory to murder.

At the very least, I ask that you allow the two diplomatic ships containing a team of Dominion and Hrykosian attornies and ambassadors dock here on Legion World for the remainder of these proceedings.
The very fact that they were in Dark Oval space without clearance is an act of war itself.
You mean similar to the way that you traveled through United Planets space to reach Legion World, without clearance? Or similar to the way that you landed on Legion World soil, again without clearance? Or perhaps in the way that you opened this embassy, yet again without clearance.

My dear ambassador, when you speak of acts of war, perhaps you should be certain that you are not guilty of the same things.

As for your team of diplomats, they will be allowed to land. However, due to the current state of affairs between the United Planets and the Dominion, you will understand of course that they will need to remain on embassy soil for the duration of their stay unless accompanied by Legion World Security Officers.
Lastly, the Dominion, one-fifth of the Dark Oval’s Empire, would like to extend an opportunity for the famous scientists and geniuses on Legion World to work with them on trading information that could be useful to us both, such as inter-Earth teleportation and the various items the LMB uses to increase the quality of life on Legion World. In return, we offer a variety of new technologies on electro-vegetation, anti-matter weaponry and Black-Hole technology.
*a faint voice is heard* Don't let them get the limerick technology!
*a faint voice is heard* Please take the limiric technology!
Why is it that whenever I act as an ambassador I feel like I should be wearing some enormous headdress or whip my hair up into cinnamon buns?
Why is it that whenever I act as an ambassador I feel like I should be wearing some enormous headdress or whip my hair up into cinnamon buns?
I have no doubt that you could make the look work.
If I did the cinnamon buns, I could always wear matching Brunhilda breast plates...
Originally posted by Danger Boy:
hmmm odd, my history books never said anything about a dark oval sector.....but Ambassador Angra Metternich ? why does THAT name sound familiar. Where have i heard that name before...

curiouser and curiouser, i'd better stay hidden until more players reveal themselves especially with the few legionaires left fighting amongst themselves.
<Notices DB>

(Hm. That's odd. I wonder...with DB's history so convulted and mysterious, perhaps his origins lie in the Dark Oval? Its a possibility we've never considered, and makes more sense than an alternate reality future where he's the child of a good Red Bee and evil Banshee.)

<grin>

(Its funny that I just thought that. Better stop grinning before the Ambassador sees me...)

<flies off>
[b] The very fact that they were in Dark Oval space without clearance is an act of war itself.
You mean similar to the way that you traveled through United Planets space to reach Legion World, without clearance? Or similar to the way that you landed on Legion World soil, again without clearance? Or perhaps in the way that you opened this embassy, yet again without clearance.

As for your team of diplomats, they will be allowed to land. However, due to the current state of affairs between the United Planets and the Dominion, you will understand of course that they will need to remain on embassy soil for the duration of their stay unless accompanied by Legion World Security Officers.[/b]
I thank you on the latter, and loathe am I to admit it, but I can see your point on the former. But I must remind you, I did these things in response to the primary invasion into Dark Oval space by members of the Legion of Message Board Posters and citizens of Legion World, and when I did them, I was forthright in my role as an ambassador, and not a warlord.

I see that Legion World lacks no amount of orators, and I am pleased. The United Planets could take a page from your book and learn from you, instead of remaining a virtually useless entity.

I await the response of Actor Lad, Kent Shakespeare and Varalent, who I have been told is substituting for Faraway Lad.

I would like to reiterate again the idea of an exchange of technology. Even more, information in general.

<looks at Danger Boy. Then at Eryk Davis Ester.>

You’d be surprised at the things we have in our records.

<At this points, more Dark Oval diplomats enter. They consist of Dominators and Hrykosians. They are dressed in paramilitary uniforms, though they carry no weapons.>
From a door on the opposite side of the room enters Hrun flanked by a dozen Varagian Guards. They quickly take position opposite the Dominators and Hrykosians Eyeing them with thinly hidden contempt.

Hrun stands forth proudly at the head of the Honour Guard.

"Noble Lords, may I introduce to you my most noble lady the Princess Spellbinder"
*Sigh. I know this is hardly how Faraway would want this to be played out, but sometimes you just have to play the hand you are dealt.*

Ambassador, if I may, let me ensure that I have perfectly understood what you have just stated.

You have just freely admitted, without coersion, that you have committed various acts of war against the United Planets and Legion World. In excusing these acts of war, you claim that you committed these acts of war in repsonse to the "alleged" criminal activity of two individuals, neither of which has been held to have been acting in any official capacity representing the United Planets or Legion World.

Whereas whatever they are alleged to have done would have been a crime by two individuals, you have freely admitted that you committed the above referenced acts of war while acting in your official capacity as High Ambassaror from the Dark Oval.

Did I summarize that accurately enough?

In essence, you have officially declared war on behalf of the Dark Oval upon Legion World and the UP by your deliberate, illegal actions. By doing so, you have become a combatant by your own actions and have freely given up your ambassadorial rights of immunity.

Was that truly your intent? If so, you should be placed under arrest as an enemy combatant.

If not, then I hope you can clarify your position, Ambassador.
Originally posted by Vee:
You have just freely admitted, without coersion, that you have committed various acts of war against the United Planets and Legion World. In excusing these acts of war, you claim that you committed these acts of war in repsonse to the "alleged" criminal activity of two individuals, neither of which has been held to have been acting in any official capacity representing the United Planets or Legion World.
That is an interesting point of view, human. However, I've never "alleged" any criminal activity with regards to Lard Lad and Cobalt Kid. They are clearly guilty, and I've never said anything to imply that I had any doubt about their guilt. They have murdered a sovereign leader of the Dark Oval, as well as his wife and daughter! I've shown you the proof!

Honestly, from what I've seen of your LMB, I seriously doubt that, had the same thing happened to,say, your Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl, that their deaths wouldn't have gone swiftly avenged.

I believe we are acting quite reasonably by comparison. Yes, we have acted somewhat aggressively, but we have not harmed anyone. It seems you are bent, human, on debating semantics with me.

Whereas whatever they are alleged to have done would have been a crime by two individuals, you have freely admitted that you committed the above referenced acts of war while acting in your official capacity as High Ambassaror from the Dark Oval.
Acts of war? What has the Dark Oval truly done to commit acts of war? Crossing borders? Yes, that can sometimes be construed as an act of war. But we have had no hostilities between our governments, nor have we had any with the United Planets! Your own leader Actor Lad has no problem with our recent actions...he recognizes that we are attempting to settle our dispute peacefully! Acts of war? Feh!

In essence, you have officially declared war on behalf of the Dark Oval upon Legion World and the UP by your deliberate, illegal actions. By doing so, you have become a combatant by your own actions and have freely given up your ambassadorial rights of immunity.

Was that truly your intent? If so, you should be placed under arrest as an enemy combatant.
Ridiculous! Once again, your own leader has embraced my presence here, fully aware of my "illegal" actions! Would you defy your own leader?

In that circumstance, should I be arrested...now that would constitute an act of WAR! I suggest you mind your manners and watch your words more closely!

Now, I need to know exactly how much longer it will be before the two criminals are turned over to the Dark Oval. Our patience is beginning to wear thin.....
(Looks like Vee touched a nerve there. Unfortunately for the Ambassador, we have our own master-orators here on Legion World that won't take to bullying lying down.)
[QB] However, I've never "alleged" any criminal activity with regards to Lard Lad and Cobalt Kid. They are clearly guilty, and I've never said anything to imply that I had any doubt about their guilt. They have murdered a sovereign leader of the Dark Oval, as well as his wife and daughter! I've shown you the proof!
Well, you have shown us some footage that would certainly seem incriminating, taken out of context. That doesn't mean that we won't have to conduct our own investigation into this matter.

Your own leader Actor Lad has no problem with our recent actions...he recognizes that we are attempting to settle our dispute peacefully! Acts of war? Feh!
Perhaps you are unfamiliar with Legion World's political structure. Although the LMBP Leader has a seat on the Legion World Council, the LMBP do not run this planet. Any decisions made by Actor Lad regarding the extradition of any LMBP member into the custody of the Dark Oval Empire does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Legion World Council.

Now, I need to know exactly how much longer it will be before the two criminals are turned over to the Dark Oval. Our patience is beginning to wear thin.....
My patience is beginning to wear thin as well, Ambassador. You of all people should know that the wheels of diplomacy sometimes run slowly, and these are serious charges that you are making about two highly respected citizens of Legion World. No action will be taken before we have had time to conduct our own investigations into this matter. Dark Oval punishments are a little too... permanent... for us to act rashly.
Ambassador, since Actor Lad and I haven't been agreeing 100 percent on foreign policy, I've beenletting him handle negotiations, rather than confuse the talks.

But I would note that one of your constituents, this so-called 'ranger,' has made several unilateral attacks against Legion Worlders. I would suggest that it would improve the level of skepticism among our population - - and indeed among some of our elders and leaders -- if you could rein him in, or have him sent home.
Faraway Lad appears in the room, around the hologram it is dark, but with large flashes of light.

"Cobalt Kid, further information from behind the time mouse trappers cheese curtain of time"

Swimming into focus behind Faraway Lad a team of fire dancing morris men, are watched by Royal Flying Corps officers and War of the Roses billmen.

" I need to tell you about Space Ranger and who he is working for. You need to watch out for...."

There is a flash of light and the hologram disapears. In the room the salty tang of a blaster discharge can be smelt.

The assembled groups turn astounded to look at a weapon weilding.....
<Princess Crujectra leaves the Dark Oval Embassy and begins the journey across town to LMBP Plaza. Her limousine moves slowly along through traffic, and pulls onto Waid Memorial Bridge. Suddenly, laser fire comes out of nowhere, ripping through the body of the vehicle>

What the!?!?!

<Crujectra raises her arms above her head, and a surge of psionic energy rips open the roof of the vehicle. Stretching out a hand toward the limo driver, she telekinetically lifts them both from the vehicle>

[telpathy]Cobie! I'm under attack on the Waid Memorial Bridge![/telepathy]

<Unable to escape the laser fire, Crujectra and the driver take refuge behind one of the bridge's support beams>
<Cobalt sweeps in, magnetically ripping apart everything in a quarter mile distance, destroying the laster fire. Security Officers run through Legion World looking for the culprit. Cobalt flies down to Crujectra and grabs her in his arms, overly dramatic of course laugh , and flies back up to the Dark Oval Embassy steps>

Its started...

<Dark Oval 'diplomats' angrily shout at the Legion World security team, accusing them of foul play>

Any luck Crujeckie, finding the culprit telepathically? I wanted to make sure you were safe and overeacted...instead of trying to find where he was, I simply destroyed all the possible machinery that could be a laser...
Ohmygod!

<Twin specially modified Berretta 9mm VLK Pistols appear as if from nowhere in EDG's Hands>

Nobody, No-One GO! Find me that shooter!

<Quickly the mini-me versions of EDE and Cobalt Kid fly in the direction of Monument Park leaving a glowing trail for EDG to follow...>
Hrun leaps into action as Varagian Guards surround the Dark Oval diplomats, both protecting them and preventing themfrom causing any mischief.

Hrun runs after Everyday Girl unhooking his axe.
***Yowl***

<Stoopid Cat races through the Tesseract System heading for a designated on the opposite side of Monument Park>

The Brat and the Barbarian on one side, me on the other...

Somebody is about to have a really bad day...

<Silent Cat Laughter>
This is outrageous!

Violence in the streets of Legion World, directly in front our embassy? Either a ploy by certain sects of the LMB to discredit us, or worse, a failed attempt on the lives of humble diplomats of the Dark Oval.

Very well, lock the doors! Have food and drink prepared for our guests, though some of them come ever closer to angering me.

<the Embassy staff begin preparing Dark Oval foods and drink>

--brief word to Hrun the Barbarian—
Be careful warrior. I am not a species you are familiar with, and as exotic as I may look to you, I will not be handled by any sentient that does not wish a slow and agonizing death.

--aside to Kent Shakespeare—
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
But I would note that one of your constituents, this so-called 'ranger,' has made several unilateral attacks against Legion Worlders. I would suggest that it would improve the level of skepticism among our population - - and indeed among some of our elders and leaders -- if you could rein him in, or have him sent home.
I assure you Mr. Shakespeare, I have no idea who you are speaking of. The Space Rangers of the Dark Oval are considered enemy forces and our military has been ordered to execute them on site.

<continues walking through taking note of all that is going on.>

It appears that I am quite unsafe. Perhaps I will have some of my own bodyguard join me from space?
--Stoopid Cat, come in--

--Any luck? We need to find this attacker, so we can see if he's really a Dark Oval citizen. Otherwise, Metternich is blaming us for the attack.--

<turns to Crujeckie>

You ok, Jeck? The tension is buildng more and more despite all our best efforts...
<Crujectra smiles reassuringly at Cobalt Kid>

[thinks to herself] I know that Lardlad is your best friend, Cobie, but I will not let him take you down with him, even if you end up hating me for it[/thinks to herself]

--aside to Kent Shakespeare?
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
[b]But I would note that one of your constituents, this so-called 'ranger,' has made several unilateral attacks against Legion Worlders. I would suggest that it would improve the level of skepticism among our population - - and indeed among some of our elders and leaders -- if you could rein him in, or have him sent home.
I assure you Mr. Shakespeare, I have no idea who you are speaking of. The Space Rangers of the Dark Oval are considered enemy forces and our military has been ordered to execute them on site.

<continues walking through taking note of all that is going on.>

It appears that I am quite unsafe. Perhaps I will have some of my own bodyguard join me from space?[/b]
Mr. Ambassador, since the ranger is such an enemy of yours, if he takes refuge in your embassy or ships, I can assume LW security will have your full cooperation in capturing this foe of all civilizations.
I assure you Mr. Shakespeare, that should he take refuge in our embassy or ships, we'll be sending his heart to you all as a token of our appreciation. Our full cooperation, however, you will not recieve quite yet.

<food and drink begin getting served>

Now let us all sit over a meal, while that calamity continues outside. Perhaps we've all been too hasty, even ourselves of the Dark Oval. While I won't consider anything less than LardLad's neck in a space-noose, I might be persuaded on other matters if it means negociating a Legion World/Dark Oval peace treaty that did not include the United Planets.
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
--Stoopid Cat, come in--

--Any luck? We need to find this attacker, so we can see if he's really a Dark Oval citizen. Otherwise, Metternich is blaming us for the attack.--
**HISS**

COBALT, we got BIG Trouble. I don't have a clue who the shooter was... I repeat WAS!

Nobody and No-One cornered some alien near your statue. But as the Brat, the Barbarian, and I closed in, a Blurry Figure raced by and hit the alien with some kind of beam.

**YOWL** Yuck whatta mess! The alien is toast and Nobody and No-One are down for the count. Neither of them look like they'll make it through the night.

I lost track of the Brat, she dropped them two Cacks, Demons, or whatever they are off with Doc One's staff at Medicus One and "Went Hunting!" Somehow she got ahold of the keys to Spacey's Cruiser and His Gun Cabinet...

Cobie I ain't seen the Brat this mad since Spacey bought the farm. And Pagan's gone to The Temple! You know what that means!

Hrun and I are in the Tesseracts trying to get a glimpse of the Brat.

**HISS**

*cough*

Stoopid Cat, we've got to make sure some LMBers find Everyday Girl before she does something rash--she shouldn't take on this fake Space Ranger jerk alone...

And if the assassin was himself bumped off by other assassins, we know our enemies are playing for keeps, and willing to kill each other to cover it up.
<Everyday Girl sits in the pilots chair of the Space Ranger's Starcruiser.>

Ohmygod, it's a good thing Uncle Spacey was so like anal about keeping his ship's log up to date. All the settings he used to like find some other stolen Space Ranger Ships are recorded.

'Cuz according to Space Ranger HQ, the Ship ID No that jerk registered with LW Spaceport was like reported destroyed in the Dark Oval a year ago.

<Stealth Mode: ON, Auto Pilot: Combat Mode, IFF {Id Friend or Foe}: SR Recognition Only, Weapons Auto-Engage: OFF>

Okay, Mr Phony-Like-Baloney Space Ringer, let's see if I can find your real base of operations...
Honorable Ambassadors, both of Legion World and of the Dark Oval,

I address you here concerning grave matters. I want it to be known that the Dark Oval is not responsible for the ongoing destruction being caused on Legion World.

We believe this is the work of subversive elements of the Legion of Message Board Posters in an attempt to create angry sentiment against us and hinder our diplomatic efforts.

I urge you not to be fooled by these malcontents.

As this uncertainty continues outside, I invite you all to now sit and dine with, so we can conclude our negociations and ensure the safety of all parties.

<food and drink are served to the Ambassadors and leaders of Legion World and the ambassadors of the Dark Oval>
<Lard Lad 'ports in, his clothes ripped, his hands bloody and body covered in ash>

<points to Legion World contingent>

How can you dine while so many are dead and broken? HOW?!?! You see that black plume of smoke rising in the distance outside the window? THAT'S MY HOME! MY BUSINESS! There are hundreds dead--HUNDREDS!!!

Pardon me, but I think that diplomacy has failed!!

<turns to Metternich>

You no-good, cowardly piece of ****!!!! You're a sprockin' LIAR!!

Enjoy your meal while you can! I'm gonna prove you were behind this, and then I'll show you how I really feel!!!

<performs a mock bow to all assembled>

Enjoy the rest of your meal...hope it tastes real good!

<'ports out>
Is there no end to being insulted?

I, for one, cannot see how any would doubt that that 'creature' is mad. Unable to show even a hint of decorum, he casually teleports to wherever he pleases.

Just like he teleported into the Dark Oval and assassintated one of our most celebrated leaders, Dameon Hrykos! The "man" is a killer.

I have no doubt that this bombing was done to discredit the Dark Oval. Now, I am certain that it was most likely done to by none other than LardLad himself! From a triple homicide in the Dark Oval to a mass murdering bombing on Legion World, his penchant for leaving the dead in his wake knows no end. Who else will he sacrifice to save his skin, stretched as it is?

I say you rid yourselves of this monster of a 'hero', and let the Dark Oval subject him to our own brand of punishment.

Now, I implore you all, please continue to enjoy your dinner.
**Pagan Lass appears in a swirl of smoke. lying on a stretcher next to her is the Hykrosian Captain, Viccio Metternich.**

Madame Ambassador, I suggest you rethink your position on several key issues. Here is your Life-Partner. Had the plot your masters put in play been carried out, he would now be naught but a lifeless corpse.

I return him to you as a sign of our good faith.

Consider this both a gift and a warning... Your masters consider your entire party expendible if it will achieve any small advancement of their aims. To them your lives are a very small price to pay...

**Pagan Lass Vanishes in a swirl of smoke**
[another swirl of smoke]

Greetings, diplomats of the Dark Oval and Legion World! I am Whordru, sovereign ruler of the planet Rudlab!

I have received permission from Actor Lad to attend this conference as an interested third-party power in this sector of the galaxy. Please allow me to listen to your arguments and, perhaps, lend an unbiased opinion to moderate your disputes.

What's that?

mmmmm...cake!
<Looks at Whordru with one eyebrow raised>

Apparently they're serving tart for dessert...
Originally posted by Whordru:
[another swirl of smoke]

Greetings, diplomats of the Dark Oval and Legion World! I am Whordru, sovereign ruler of the planet Rudlab!

I have received permission from Actor Lad to attend this conference as an interested third-party power in this sector of the galaxy. Please allow me to listen to your arguments and, perhaps, lend an unbiased opinion to moderate your disputes.

What's that?

mmmmm...cake!

<ignores>

[aside]contact the Hrkosians immediately.[/aside]

Originally posted by Pagan Lass:
**Pagan Lass appears in a swirl of smoke. lying on a stretcher next to her is the Hykrosian Captain, Viccio Metternich.**

Madame Ambassador, I suggest you rethink your position on several key issues. Here is your Life-Partner. Had the plot your masters put in play been carried out, he would now be naught but a lifeless corpse.

I return him to you as a sign of our good faith.

Consider this both a gift and a warning... Your masters consider your entire party expendible if it will achieve any small advancement of their aims. To them your lives are a very small price to pay...

**Pagan Lass Vanishes in a swirl of smoke**
Thank you Pagan Lass for your efforts. Indeed, I am shocked at these events. I would like a moment with my consort if no one minds.

<exit the Ambassador, while the food continues to be served>
--In separate room, far hidden from view--

Viccio, you fool. You have allowed yourself to be caught, and have compromised everything! Allowing a warship so close to a Green Lantern?

Look at you, you can barely stand, like some sickling.

<Ambassador's hands turn into razor-sharp sickles>

To fail the Dark Oval is to deserve death. Good bye beloved.

<Beheads Hykrosian Captain, Viccio Metternich>

Long live the Dark Oval.
<Inside the tesseract system, Stoopid Cat and Hrun watch the ambassador's actions.>

Methinks the fair Pagan Lass spoke truely. The Hykrosians do indeed "Play Rough."

<Silent Cat Laughter>

Yeah, Hrun they do... What do you say we keep her mad at her own people for a while? She'll thin out their ranks better than we ever could.

<Silent Cat Laughter>
[in Embassy Dining Room]

Well! I shall not be ignored by that foul creature!

You!

[gestures to Metternich's associates]

I demand you bring this "Angra Metternich" back in here at once...lest I pledge my considerable forces to Legion World's defense! I will NOT be ignored!!!!
<flying in>

I'm back Crujeckie. I've done all I can at the rubble that was once Lardy's Lair, but Actor Lad has taken over and is cleaning it up now. Its not pretty...and I can't help but feel this Ambassador knows far more than she/he's saying (can Durlan's have a gender?). Abin is manning up the Space Port and the rest of the LMB are searching for the 'blurry image' and this Space Ranger...but I feel that we're still being spread too thin.

<eyes Whordru>

Whordru. I've meant to contact you, but I've been busy, as you know. My duty is to Legion World first, and the immediate security needs of the people, which is why I generally leave the diplomatic efforts to more able Legion Worlders. I appreciate your efforts, and that one of our own LMBers has vouched for your help. You'll understand, of course, that the last seven years of constant conflict between yourself and the LMB leaves me a little...skeptical. But you say you have a favor to ask me?

<suddenly uncomfortable, as if realizing something>

I...hope its something I can provide without problems? Excuse me...

<walks away>

*Transmission*--Stoopid Cat and Hrun: you're my aces that I'm counting on, so stay in position. As usual, we're going to need you guys when things get out of hand all of a sudden, which I feel is quickly coming. Stoopid Cat, I know you and Pagan Lass are not on the best of terms these days as you once were, but be mindful of her need for you when casting major spells. Her strength is already waning and we will most assuredly need her.

<back to Crujeckie>

Thank the stars for you, Vee, Kent and Actor, Crujeckie...I'm uncomfortable in this embassy and would prefer to be back out on the streets helping with the search...
[aside]Ha! I saw the way Cobalt looked at me! It's the first time he's seen me without the beard--he can't help himself..he's attracted! Still, with his trollop around, it will take some time to make him mine. I suppose this will need to be a longterm stay on Legion World. Now, how can I work that out? Hmmmm....[/aside]
<Crujectra reaches out to take Cobalt Kid's hand, wishing that there was something she could do to help him. She would do anything for him.

Suddenly, something within her "clicks", as if falling into place>

Ooooh!

<her eyes open wide in wonderment>
Legion Worlders, I return.

Ah, I see the famous assassin Cobalt Kid is here. Perhaps you've come to confess and end this madness?

<notices the glare from Spellbinder at these words>

Perhaps that was out of line. Let us get back to the problems at hand. It appears one of our ships, Stardeath, was destroyed in orbit around Legion World. Now apparently a terrorist has blown up a brothel on Legion World in an attempt to discredit the Dark Oval. I am becoming concerned for my safety here on Legion World.

I would ask that you allow me to bring planet-side a small bodyguard to protect us humble ambassadors.

I also ask that the third party Whordru promise to consider the Dark Oval's interests in all negociations.

We've beat around the bush far enough. I would like to establish a Legion World-Dark Oval non-aggression pact that does not include the United Planets. Likewise, this non-aggression pact would not include our allies of Ggrrgg, Khundia or Avalon. I'd like to also open up trading routes between Legion World and the Dark Oval, specifically in the science industries. These mean far more to me than the charges against Cobalt Kid and LardLad, but those too are things I cannot ignore. LardLad must be punished via Dark Oval laws.

While we discuss these things, I would ask that the security detail of Legion World be kept to a minimum in this embassy and all non-diplomatic parties leave the premises <looks at Cobalt Kid>.

Now please, let us finish our meal. I've had the cook add extra 'salt' as you of Terran decent desired.
My dear Ambassador, you must realize that although Legion World acts as a neutral party in inter-United Planets disbutes, we are still considered as part of the United Planets. As such, no non-UP treaties or trade is possible. For us to enter into any sort of agreements with you without UP consent would result in severe consequences for us.

However, you are more than welcome to put your case before the United Planets Council. If you reach some form of treaty or trade arrangement with the UP, then of course Legion World would be willing to discuss trade routes.
<glares at Spellbinder to see if she's through>

Ambassador, I am glad that you have wisely chosen to stop ignoring me! That is definitely to everyone's benefit!

<glances at Cobalt>

Now, as a third party, it appears the two sides are at an impasse. I would ask, then, Princess--in the interest of good will- what exactly can Legion World offer the Dark Oval at this moment?
Although we are not able to accept the Ambassador's requests for trade and treaty agreements, we can however give our serious attention to the charges against Lardlad, which we have already agreed to do. Our investigation into these charges have already begun.

The Ambassador will have to forgive us if things are progressing slowly. Legion World has been subjected to terrorist attacks which have been diverting our resources.

Oh, and Whordru dear, a word of advice, woman to woman: beard or no beard, glaring is not an attractive look.
<glares again>

Then you should keep that in mind when you do it..."dear".

<grins>

And you might want to advise your beau that my eyes are up here!

<stifles a laugh as she turns back to Metternich>

So, Ambassador, are you satisfied with the Princess's promise to investigate the charges completely?
Oh it quite does not. We will of course have to stay on Legion World until such a decision has been reached. But our evidence is fairly conclusive regarding LardLad and Cobalt Kid’s guilt.

It is unfortunate that you have chosen not to ally yourselves with us, as we had hoped to ensure the relationship between our two galaxies was a mutually beneficial one. But it seems that we’ve made our sides quite clear.

<turns to Whordru>

And you, opportunist, have no place here. You so-called moderation of these talks is useless and serves no purpose. You believe you have enough power to do whatever you like. But you have never seen the power that the Dark Oval has amassed. And you can be sure that when the United Planets is nothing more than a series of provinces paying homage to the Dark Oval, that we will readily march into Rublab and install our own ‘monarch’.

Legion World has 24 hours to produce terms to us that we find acceptable. Then, I will know that diplomacy has failed.
Ambassador Metternich, I think you would do well to remember that you are a guest on Legion World, and that we have already pledged our full cooperation in this investigation. However, you'll find that ultimatums and veiled threats will not serve you well here.
[telepathic link]Cobie, I know this is a difficult situation for you, but we're running out of time. Unless you or Lardlad come up with a solution soon, I fear that diplomacy will fail.

I know that he is your friend, but considering the evidence against him, I don't know if Legion World is prepared to enter into a full-out war to save him[/telepathic link]
<holds Crujeckie's hand>

(That's my girl. Give 'em hell Crujeckie)

<feels a sudden rush, as if being rejuvenated>

(that's odd! Almost euphoric...its definately coming from Crujeckie...I feel so much better...)

<smiles at her>

(I feel sure of myself for the first time in days. I'm just exhausted...but I know whats right and I know I've done nothing wrong. The Dark Oval has no ground to stand on to make me go back with them, and the LMB will see that. In the meantime, I'm only getting in the way here and I don't like how Whordru is looking at me. I know what she wants...the thing about me I hate the most...)

[telepathic link to Crujectra] I know, something has to happen soon. We haven't talked about this yet really, but I know you can see into my mind and soul. I'm innocent, as I'm sure you know. Its...complicated with Lardy. But he's not a murderer. He's not exactly innocent, but he doesn't deserve this. I won't let him be executed by the Dark Oval. But I fear that it doesn't really matter. I'll heard from my intel is that the Dark Oval planned on invading anyway, never really anything about a true investigation into LardLad and myself. I feel like this is a farce, that the Invasion has already begun. But how can I convince the rest of the LMB? Actor Lad has close ties with Reboot, whose never really trusted me. There's only one thing to do now, I guess...[/telepathic link]

<sneaks off for a second and flies back into the streets of Legion World>
And I might add, the sovereign planet of Rudlab, (say it right you jerk!) takes great offense at what you have said. I would advise you not to underestimate our power! Should you attack Legion World, Rudlab will consider it an act of war against us as well!

Now! Will you drop your self-righteous ultimatum NOW and continue these talks as any real diplomat would?!
Faraways Hologram appears.

Cobalt Kid, I need help. It looks like I am being moved from this general holding camp at the end of time, to a newer, more specialised area this weekend.

I am not sure if i will be able to communicate for a while.

Looks across and see Whordru and smiles. I tell you what Cobie old friend I never thought I would be happy to see that bearded face again. Looks like you got my message about the Therod protocol. Hope Whordru is up to it.
[annoyed half-smile]

Faraway, dear...what you see here must be as fuzzy to you as your holographic image is to me, for I am no longer the "bearded lady" you remember!

I'll forgive the indiscretion, this once, though and help you with the lifeline you need. However, Cobalt Kid will owe me one for this!

[chants incantation and fires mystical energy at Faraway's hologram]
Bah hand over Cobalt Kid and Lard Lad to the intergalactic fascists, I say. And why we're at it lets hand them the command codes to the LW Defense Forces.

Appeasement always works when trying to prevent war.
A small black and white grainy image of Faraway Lad appears. He seems to be standing on the steps of an ancient means of Transport, once called an aeroplane. In his hand is a small piece of paper, he is waving it at an unseen crowd.

A small voice is heard saying.

“….peace in our time. Today at 22.30. Baron Metternich and I had had our final meeting and we agreed to a full and lasting peace. We signed our names to the communiqué and here” waves paper again. “here is that paper which signifies a lasting and final peace between our two great nations”

The image fades and is replaced by a scene of total devastation, gaunt starving women and children sit in the ruined streets of Legionworld as flames consume the buildings and overhead the unmolested warplanes of the invader fly freely dropping gravity bombs and firing phase cannon into the continuing horror.
[pauses firing her mystic blasts]

What the hell was that?

Alright, Faraway, I'm upping the power of my incantation. It's now or never! Hope you grab this lifeline!

[Resumes chanting, faster this time. The brightness of her magical energy blinds everyone in the Embassy]
There is a massive ball of blinding light Inside the ball standing with her arm outstretched is Whordru. She is held by the enchantment.

Slowly in the room before her a strange portal opens.

Shielding her eyes from the light Spellbinder looks into the portal. With a shriek she falls back in agony. Holding her hands before her eyes.

Cobalt kid feels her pain and immediately flies back to be by her side.

“Cru! He cries “what have they done to you” tears running down his face.

As he tries to comfort the unconscious Spellbinder, the light around Whordru sparkles and breaks into many many colours

From within the portal a hand appears reaching out towards….
....a copy of The Legion World Weekly News.

"Hmmm, says a disimbodied voice, seem's like I've arrived just in time. Nobody would expect my return so soon."
What do you mean, nobody would expect your return! I've just rescued your ass!

"Wha-? Whordru?" said the formerly disembodied Faraway Lad as he began to achieve corporeal form. "Sorry, all these alternate realities and time periods I've been in...so I'm home?"

Yes...and my magic shows you are indeed this reality's Faraway Lad. So once again, I've proven my superior skills at sorcery!

And by the way...

[winks at Spellbinder]

...your lover owes me one!

Still disoriented, Faraway says, "would someone please tell me what the deuce is going on here?!?!
<Rises to her feet with Cobalt Kid's assistance>

I'm all right, Cobie dear. The light just gave me a much better look at Whordru than I needed... it wasn't pretty.

<to Whordru>

Goodness, Elvira, just how old are you, anyway? There must be a sorcerous equivalent to Botox, isn't there?

And don't worry, dear. I'll see to it that you get what's coming to you.
A reminder, sentients: there are less than four hours left to present acceptable terms to the Dark Oval to avoid..certain ramifications. Do not bother to offer anything less than the surrender of Lard Lad and Cobalt Kid to the Hrykos Clan. We also require that the Legion World Army be disbanded until these two are securely in Dark Oval territory.

In addition, since our patience has been sorely tested here, we require you to surrender your Everyday Girl to us as well. Her actions against us have not gone unnoticed since we've been here. However, her life will be in no danger. We merely want to take her into our custody. After we've had time to question her, we will consider allowing her to return to you.

That is where the Dark Oval stands, sentients. I urge you one final time to allow us to serve justice by turning these criminals over to us. If this fails to happen within the four hours remaining, diplomatic talks will be closed. Should this happen...I can promise you that the Dark Oval will not react..kindly.
I thought Faraway brought us back 'Peace with honour' and 'Peace in our time' when he got off of the aeroplane from Munich, er I mean the Dominator homeworld.

Oh that was the alternate reality where we appeased the Dark Oval.
I'm sorry, Ambassador Metternich, but Legion World does not offer up it's citizens to be used as hostages, nor will we be lowering our planetary defenses by disbanding the Legion World Army. I'm afraid that I've been more or less appalled by your "diplomatic negotiations" thus far.

And let's not forget, my dear ambassador, that I am a highly skilled telepath. Although your thoughts are somewhat shielded, I'm afraid that you've been leaking a bit, and I am well aware that you have hidden agendas here on Legion World, and all is not what it seems.

My suggestion would be for you to return to your ship to await the conclusion of our investigation, and for the Legion World Council and LMBP to decide what actions, if any, we plan to take in response to your "demands".
I'm sorry--did you just admit to violating my mind without permission? You are freely and openly admitting that you are breaking the diplomatic code using underhanded methods to subvert the Dark Oval's wish to maintain peace in a tenuous situation?

Legion World, it is obvious that you have chosen very poorly in your selection of this female as your ambassador! The Dark Oval refuses to speak with her any further regarding any diplomatic matters! Appoint a substitute immediately, or we will consider her admitted subversion of this peaceful process to be condoned by your government!

If someone else is appointed your ambassador, we will consider extending the deadline for offering acceptable terms by at least another full terran day to allow said new ambassador time to put it together.

Otherwise, you have less than three hours until the Dark Oval declares WAR on Legion World! Are these two filthy murderers worth a very real threat to your world's existence?

Think about it, sentients. I will pray to my gods that you make the moral, peace-loving choice before things become quite...grave.
Actually, my dear ambassador, I have not been attempting to "violate" your mind. As I said, your thoughts are leaking through the shielding that you've attempted to put on your thoughts. Even a telepathic infant could pick those up. Next time, I might suggest having a professional do it.

And have no fear, these "diplomatic proceedings" are through as far as I am concerned. I have far more pressing matters to attend to.

<Princess Crujectra exits the hall, telekinetically drawing the doors closed behind her>

[telepathic link] Cobie, we've run out of time. Unless you or Lardy have discovered some way out of this mess, then I'm afraid we'll have little choice left to us. In order to prevent open war, we will be forced to hand Lardlad over to the Dark Oval [/telepathic link]
Exits to private quarter, beams up to orbiting ship. Enters holo-imaging chamber.

Lord Hrykos, this is Metternich reporting. I'm broadcasting under the secure frequency, no one can penetrate its security, regardless of whether they have magic rings or high-tech eavesdropping devices. This chamber itself is also secure.

"Yes, Ambassador. What have you to report?"

Good news! Everything goes as planned! As we suspected, Legion World has refused to turn over your brother's murderers.

"Excellent! We suspected they wouldn't hand over such prominent members of their precious 'LMB'! This will be all we need to convince the other four cartels to support a full-on invasion of Legion World. They might've been...hesitant...had we not purued 'diplomacy'!"

Yes, Lord. They would have.

"Now, we'll have the excuse we need to wipe Legion World out and pave the way for the Dark Oval's conquest of the United Planets afterwards!"

Yes! That will be glorious, my Lord! Glorious!

"My elder brother---he must have been the stupidest Hrykos clansmen in our history! But his allowing himself to be killed by that bloated whoremonger will raise the Hrykos Clan and the Dark Oval to domination of the galaxy! There is no way the savages of the Barbarian Hordes will be able to oppose us once the United Planets falls!"

Ugggh...such savages. Lord, it is quite possible
that Rudlab will assist Legion World in the upcoming conflict.

"Bah! I've analyzed their forces--they will fall with Legion World easily! In fact that will help kill two mynoks with one stone, as they say! And what of Weapon "S"? How did the test run go?"

Excellently, my Lord! When we fully unleash "S", I suspect there will be little left for our warships to clean up!

Metternich and the hologram of Lord Hrykos laugh hysterically.
Well, everything appears to be ending up here!

Security Officers, LMBers, everyone! Anyone available, get here immediately! It seems that someone that is extremely powerful is attacking! We're going to need all the help we can get!!

<security officers pour in to surround Cobalt, who is bleeding from the mouth and nose>
<flies in>

<rips apart security officers limb by limb>

Haha, 'someone extremely powerful'? You have no idea!

<punches Cobalt Kid in the stomach, following by an overhand blow across the back of the head>

A whole new world for me to play in laugh

This isn't where I wanted to be, but its better than the last world I tried to destroy. I'll thank the Dominion for that.

<picks up Cobalt Kid and punches him across the Embassy. Turns to other Security Officers, rips more apart limb from limb>
STOP!!!

All non-powered officers back away! You're being ripped apart!

<stumbles forward, cracked ribs and all>

Bastard...

<magnetically picks up debris and hurls it at Superboy Prime>

Urgh!

<flies forward and punches him in the face>

You're not the only one that increase their strength...
Ha! That actually hurt...

<with both arms, smashes fists against the sides of Cobalt Kid's head>

Very heroic, but stupid. You can't face me alone, and now you'll pay for it.

<punches across the chest to push him upwards, and visciously across the face, sending him flying, and comatose.>

Haha!
Cobie! No!!

<Crujectra, Crusader and Maxx hurry across the room. Crusader places his hands on Maxx's shoulders, willing his strength into his husband through the soul-link they share. Maxx's hands weave an intricate pattern in the air before him, and he begins to chant out an incantation>

Cobie! I won't let you sacrifice yourself... not for that murderer!

<Crujectra reaches out and wraps Cobalt Kid in a telekinetic cocoon. She pulls him back even as Maxx's Gate begins to form>

I'm taking you to one of my safehouses! I can't... WON'T... lose you!

<fades to black. Healing powers attempt to kick-in, but have little effect>

<Crujectra wraps her arms around Cobalt Kid, her tears falling on him, and suddenly deep within her, something clicks into place>
<claps hands to send shockwaves, knocking back Crusader and Maxx>
By Ester's Nelly Cap!

This is an outrage!

<leaps down, by Crujectra's side, to defend her against Superboy Prime>

Greetings enemy of Legion World! Powerful you might be, but you will never prevail!

<unleashes Calamity blasts from eyes>
<Crujectra lashes out telekinetically at Superboy Prime, but he barely stumbles backward>

Well... crap...
Hey, moron?

*Superboy-Prime turns round to see Reboot, Rebooted as living Green Kryptonite, with a green-K+red-sun forcefield turned up to "full blast and then some", wallops the suddenly weakened Superboy-Prime back about three miles*

Sometimes reality punches back.

*flies off in pursuit*
<after stumbling back by combined assault of Liberty Monkey and Spellbinder, regains composure and flies high into the sky>

The streets will run red after this...

<flies down at top speed straight into the ground, sending back an enormous shockwave, knocking everyone down.>

<blows super-breath at Spellbinder>

<hurls Liberty Monkey into the air, flying away>

<suddenly sent backwards by Reboot>
<turns around, moving at full speed>

Kryptonite here?

Bah!

<flies at top speed towards Reboot, feeling weaker as he approaches>

Aaaargh!!!

<Green K leaves burning scars on face, but is able to punch Reboot across the torso, to inflict an equal amount of damage. Both go flying in opposite directions...>
*Reboots his injury away, then flies back again, whacking him again and again, harder and harder as he gets weaker and weaker*
<leaps back into the fray, grabbing hold of Superboy Prime's back>
ENOUGH!

<flies up into orbit, holding onto Reboot and Liberty Monkey and hurls them at the sun>

Where to visit next in this wonderful little planet?

<flies back into Legion World>
Ah, a recharge, you shouldn't have....

*grabs Liberty Monkey and teleports back*

We're going after him. Mon', keep an eye on those two.
<All Legion World ambassadors who have eaten the Dark Oval food suddely begin to get very sick. Within moments, they lie on their death beds.>

Unfortunately, citizens of Legion World, this is the end of this Embassy, as I have intentions of staying around to be captured. While you are all busy dealing with agent 'S', we will move forward with our plans.

I have continually been poisoing Kent Shakespeare, Actor Lad, Spellbinder and Varalent since my arrival. The poison may take effect, it may not. But even if it slows you down, that'll be enough.

We are a prowling lion. And we will devour you.

<exits>
<heat vision destroys the Embassy, causing it to explode>

Hahaha!

Bring on your Legions! Bring on your numbers!
<Crujectra's telepathic link with Cobalt tells her what she needs to know: that he still lives, hovering on the brink of death. She sees into his mind, but is only seeing what he believes should be there. She sees him talking with the Emerald Empress and Space Ranger. They look like they're discussing strategy. In the background, she sees familiar faces, all holding knives at Cobalt's throat: Dr. Albert Hoffman, Cobalt's own father, and the Red Bee. Cobalt smiles at her. Then the world shifts and all she sees in Cobalt's mind now is a beach, with the tide coming in. Cobalt is in the water, but he's too far away.>

<he waves. But he will not come out>
<Awaits Reboot's attackers, which can be seen in orbit via super-vision.>

Is there no one left?! Is there NO ONE LEFT?!

Hahaha!
<beaten and bloody Liberty Monkey leaps down again>

It won't be that easy friend.

As long as one of us stands, we all live on.

<attempts to lift arms, but cannot. Exhaustion has set in>

You can rip me apart where I stand, but it will not matter. They'll be coming for you. You will see soon enough...

<falls backwards>
<Crujectra stands, grim determination on her face. Fists clenched, Crujectra reaches out through the touchstone she wears at her throat. Her will stretches out across light years, connecting with the hearts and minds of the inhabitants of the planet Psyonia. All across Psyonia, it's citizens stop in mid-step, their eyes unfocused, their minds united. Their power surges like a tidal wave, blasting back across the cosmos to enter into Crujectra. She screams and drops to her knees>
<Fighting to control the energy flowing through her, Crujectra slowly rises to her feet.>

[thinking] This won't last long, so I'd better do whatever damage I can[/thinking]

Hey, Big S...

<Superboy Prime turns to face her, arrogant confidence on his face. Crujectra swings her fist toward him, her strength telekinetically augmented a thousandfold. The attack sends Superboy Prime rocketing backward in surprise]

Boo
<the LMBP Spectre arrives, vengeance crying out to her.>

Daughter of Psyonia, let it be a millionfold...

<pours a whole new energy into Spellbinder--that of the screaming dead crying for vengeance>
<rushes forward>

AAAARGH!!!

<swings the mightiest blow yet at Crujectra's head>
<Spellbinder's eyes widen in shock, the pupils and irises fading, leaving only a milky white behind. More power than she could have ever imagined courses through her>

Whoa
<Crujectra casually raises a hand, and Superboy Prime's fist slams against a telekinetic barrier. He howls in pain at the impact>
*Reboot, 25 metres tall, entirely composed of Kryptonite yet radiating red light from his forcefield stamps on Superboy-Prime*
<While Spellbinder attacks, the LMBP Spectre’s teeth become enormously grotesque and large, and she sinks them into the shoulders of Superboy Prime.>

You will not ravage this world any longer…
*grasps Superboy-Prime in one Kryptonite hand and squeezes*

You ARE the weakest link. Goodbye.
<The multiple attacks start becoming too much…>

NOOO! I’ve just gotten here! I’ve only begun to enjoy this world! Its too soon!!

[whisper]I’ve only showed you a hint of what true power is…![/whisper]

<falls to one knee, unable to withstand the three pronged attack>
<Spellbinder's mind reaches out slams into Superboy Prime's brain>

Let the silent cries of untold worlds reveal the horror of your actions!

<Superboy Prime is mentally assaulted by the despair and agony of the millions of souls snuffed out by his actions>
*Grabs his left arm and leg in one hand and his right arm and leg in the other.*

Spectre... whole realities are victims of this one. Do what it is you do. NOW.
And now you will leave it forever.

<The LMBP Spectre wraps her arms around Superboy Prime, who is now too weak to fight back.>

Come child, you have much to pay for.

<The LMBP Spectre sees the devastation wrought. Ruins everywhere. Injured and dead everywhere. The bruised bodies of Spellbinder and Reboot, both returning to normal.>

Good luck…

<the Spectre and Superboy Prime exit in a whirlwind of light. It will take all of her power to hold him, and she will be of no help from here on in.>

<In the final moment before they leave, the LMB witness the horror of death eating Superboy Prime alive, again and again to his unending agony, too strong to die but too weak to break free>
<Pagan Lass, with Stoopid Cat sitting on her shoulder, appears in a shimmering burst of scarlet light>
Greetings Pagan Lass...

Y-you have missed a great battle Pagan Lass...but the real battle is just beginning...

If this was their first attack, what is to follow?

<stands up>

My strength returns, but I fear for the others. Cobalt Kid, Dedman, Crusader...so many hurt and possibly gone forever.
Reboot

*Returns to his normal size and physiology*

That's too good for him... Spectre should have just drained him dry and been done with it. If he ever, ever EVER turns up again, I won't let our anger get the better of me, I'll just Reboot him into a housefly and pull his wings off....
<Spellbinder drops beside Cobalt Kid, her body weakened as the borrowed powers of the LMBP Spectre and Psyonia leave her>

Cobie... my love... why didn't I save you sooner?
<Maxx casts a healing spell over himself and Crusader. It doesn't heal them completely, but it makes them mobile>

Crujectra, is he...?
No... not yet, at least... but he's badly hurt, and unconscious... we need to get him back to the medical center at LMBP Plaza. He needs Dr One!
Oh. My. God!
Here Mon' - Reboot. There, good as new.

I better be off to join the Re-Bots (Good job LardLad's such a help, huh?) I can feel them attacking the spaceport and... wait, four of them are going direct for the head...
Mykel, I'm still feeling weak. Can you help me get Cobie back to the Plaza?
You got it, sis.

<Reaching out, the Royal Twins of Psyonia wrap Cobalt Kid in a cocoon of telekinetic power and gently lift him off the ground. With Maxx providing backup, they rise from the ruins of the embassy and head across Legionnopolis to LMBP Plaza>
<'ports in carrying Disaster Boy over his right shoulder, reaches out with Lard Force>

There!

<spots Spellbinder, Crusader and Maxx flying off with Cobalt>

Gotta 'port where they're going--<crying> gotta help Cobalt!

<'ports, with DB, in direction the trio are flying with Cobalt here >
flashback to the point Superboy Prime destroyed the Embassy

[under magical forceshield]

Eek! A Kryptonian! Now, this is trouble! I need to get back to Rudlab immediately. Legion World is definitely not ready for this kind of bad news!

[vanishes in a puff of smoke here ]

end of flashback
*Outside space and time, in a tiny pocket dimension, a portal opens, and a ragged Superboy-Prime falls out of it*

"Wha...?" He looks up in the red light and sees three figures walking toward him. "You..."

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Re-Bot1: "No, us. Reboot, the 'real' one, the one you're thinking of is still unconscious after his exertions yesterday."

Re-Bot2: "Well, yesterday for us..."

Re-Bot3: "He's never made replicants on anything like this scale before - he most he ever made was 2, rather than a thousand - so it never occured to him that we... might not all be the same."

Re-Bot1: "We're the Red-Bots, the bits of him he usually keeps in Very. Tight. Check. But a thousand replicants, well, even a couple of the bits he hides away get out.

Red-Bot2: "We saw the Spectre was badly weakened at this point in time, some time from our 'now' and you'd have been free soon."

Red-Bot3: "But very soon, instead, you'll be history."

*hits Superboy-Prime. Despite the red light of the dimension, he doesn't flinch*

Red-Bot3: "Ah, of course, we forgot."

Red-Bots together: "Reboot."

*As the red and black Reboot symbols hit him, they have no visible effect.*

S-Prime: "Ha! I'm too powerful for you."

*Red-Bot3 hits him again. This time, he draws blood*

S-Prime: "Huh?"

Red-Bot2: "You're human now, we can do what we like" *kicks him in the chest*

Red-Bot1: "And, in the realities you killed, there were some friends of Reboot's who died as a result. Quite a lot actually." *kicks him in the side*

Red-Bot3: "Not to mention the people you killed on your rampage over Legion World. Now, you're going to pay us for them all."

*The Red-Bots then beat him for 120 seconds exactly, by which time S-Prime is a bloody mess*

S-Prime: "So that's it, you're going to kill me?"

Red-Bot1: "Of course not."

Red-Bot2: "After all, if we kill you, it's murder. Reboot."

Red-Bot3: "And, even with where we plan to go, someone, worst of all Reboot, might find out. This way is much neater."

*Superboy-Prime is now an infinitely cute little girl in a dress after Red-Bot2's Rebooting of him.* SHE squeaks "What?"

An evil grin appears on the three Red-Bots faces. "Goodbye." Red-Bot1 presses a button on the control pad on his wrist and S-Prime vanishes. "Well, we better be away then. I'm sure there's somewhere in this multiverse for us..."

Elsewhere, Elsewhen, Elsedimensional (not Legion World's dimension, a variant of what the LMBP call "Earth-2 ).

"Huh?" Super"boy"-Prime squeaks on finding herself in the middle of what seems like a riot. She looks up and... "Oh. Crap."

Superboy-Prime, as he was, grabs Super"boy"-Prime as she is and rips her in half then heat-visions her to ashes.

End.
© Legion World