Legion World
(No, it's easy, watch.)

How 'bout that Gnaark? He was somethin'.

Tin foil! On their heads!!

Do you remember that issue where Joto _____________?

(see?)
Fine. I can tell when I'm not wanted. I don't need a ton of bricks to fall on MY head. I'll just go now. sob
On the other hand, there's lots of 60s TT issues I didn't read.

Like Beast Boy's first TT appearance. What was up with that?!!?

Yay, I can stay!
Jeepers! The perfect thread for me!

So, that Trigon sure was a terror, wasn't he?

Jeepers! Can you believe who Wonder Girl/Donna Troy/Troia turned out to be?
All those kids from the future!

(I actually read some of the kids from the present - DEO & such - so that's a DQ topic for me!)
That phase they went through when they ditched their costumes for jumpsuits was drab, I heard. Though allegedly Mal made his debut during that period, if my sources are correct.
That Nightwing....he just doesn't get along with Batman very well, huh?
Even so, I like to see the kids on their own for once, without some adult superhero appearing to lecture them or save the day.
The Teen Titans Showcase Presents comes out on Wednesday, and I'm gonna get it, and I'm gonna read it, and then...errrr... I won't discuss it in this thread!
Me too and Me either!
I bought the Showcase when it came out but I haven't read it all so I can post here a little longer!
So, wait... roy slept with some Asian hit woman, and what's Jason Todd doing here?
Yeah, and get this: I heard one of them might be "light in the loafers"!
(Hint: "Suffering Starfish!")

Always heard those types existed (in the big city) but I never thought one could be a superhero! Only joshin',they're just goofing on us...
Miss Martian? Such a cute name!
Somebody told me Donna was dead? Is she alive again? Is she Jean Grey?
I demand that TD discuss the groovy 70s run, as she herself has admitted that she hasn't read it!
I've read a few issues of it, which means I can't get into the Flyers and the Woodworkers here. Which is a shame, 'cause I am more fond of them than is really necessary.
I missed an issue of two of the Titans East story. Didn't seem to make much difference.
So... how 'bout that current Titans run?
I mean... I've been digging every issue by whoever's writing it now!
Er, so that Jericho...never know whose side he's on, eh?
Jericho went from sane to crazy to sane to crazy back to sane.

In terms of what I have not read...

I only have like three issues of Jurgens Titans. Four of Grayson/Faeber's Titans, one of Arsenal's team, and... the most I have is of the Lord Chaos arc and the new Titans series.
Wow, that getting-the-Wolfman/Perez-team-back-together by Winnick and...uh...whoever replaced him. That was...overpriced.
Those new characters in that new version of the Titans... They sure are new and stuff!
Kid Devil dying...that must haved sucked...
I totally missed the crossover between the Teen Titans (Kon, Tim, Bart, Cassie + Miss Martian & Ravager era) and the Young Avengers!

Oh wait, that one was just in my head...
Power Boy seemed like an interesting take on female super hero stereotypes .... until he got kneed in the balls by Supergirl ... and became a creepy abusive bf ... and somehow got impaled on a tree branch despite being invulnerable ...

<span style="font-size: 8px;">
... at least it seemed that way on wikipedia.</span>
I totally remember reading that on Wikipedia as well!
So ... uh ... what's been going on in the Titan's books since 1988 ?
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:
I've read a few issues of it, which means I can't get into the Flyers and the Woodworkers here. Which is a shame, 'cause I am more fond of them than is really necessary.
Best post ever.
Solstice sure is bright and happy!

Oh, wait.
How about that Dan Jurgens era Titans? Why, he's one of my favorite wri...

BWAH-HA-HA-HA lol

I knew I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face.
Cassie...a juvenile delinquent! Genius!

puke
It's been keeping me super busy, all these Titans books I've not been reading lately!
Tinfoil hats. Very stylish.
Brett Booth was famous back at Image for drawing awesome dinosaurs and awesome animal people. The new Titans have ended up on a mysterious island with dinosaurs for no darn reason other than Brett Booth likes to draw dinosaurs, so I'm thinking that they'll need to run into some animal-people.

Which reminds me of that whole Wildebeest Society era of the Titans I never read.

Also Jericho going evil and dying, which I never read.

And that time that Danny Chase called himself Phantasm and, for one brief shining moment, didn't incredibly suck, which I also missed.

Why the heck wasn't Danny Chase related to Adrian Chase? Seems like a huge missed opportunity. Or, given the unpopularity of Danny, perhaps it was Adrian dodging a bullet...

And I haven't seen this show either!

I haven't either. We must be the only two Titans fans who haven't seen it.
I watched the original Teen Titans show, back in the day. It was cute, and very rarely got good (such as dealing with Madame Rouge and the Brotherhood). Still, not half as good as the Legion cartoon, and not a fifth as good as the Young Justice cartoon (which, along with Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes, and the Incredibles movie, is the best superhero animation, ever).

Apparently this happened in the Teen Titans ...

[Linked Image]
He shouldn't have eaten at that weird little hole-in-the-wall.
Originally Posted by Power Boy
Apparently this happened in the Teen Titans ...

[Linked Image]

He should go to the doctor. I think he's got a bit of a bug.
oh EDE ! lol

I wonder if the guy felt better after he got all that out!
Originally Posted by Thriftshop Debutante
And I haven't seen this show either!

I did see parts of the original series. This new series is a really cute guilty pleasure. I mainly like it because the episodes are short.
Originally Posted by Power Boy
Power Boy seemed like an interesting take on female super hero stereotypes .... until he got kneed in the balls by Supergirl ... and became a creepy abusive bf ... and somehow got impaled on a tree branch despite being invulnerable ...

Still got a Legion statue in the hall of heroes for it. Seems as though it used to be harder to get in the old days...

Not read any of the new lot since Starfire became a bit of a slut in the opening issue. From outgoing, caring despite tragedy, powerful warrior to well..that. >sigh<

Originally Posted by thothkins
Not read any of the new lot since Starfire became a bit of a slut in the opening issue. From outgoing, caring despite tragedy, powerful warrior to well..that. >sigh<

They seemed to back away from that characterization at light-speed, after the bad press it got them.

I picked one up about six months or a year later, and Kory is on board a Tamaranean cruiser, after a sort-of reconciliation with her sister Komand'r, and stopped Jason and Roy to 'ask their advice' about their current situation. Both start in with combat tactics and strategies regarding the fight they are about to get into, and she shushes them, 'While it's cute that you boys think I would ask your advice on tactics or strategy, I meant on whether or not I should forgive my sister.'

I kind of love how she seemed amused and dismissive that they'd offer her combat advice. She just wanted *relationship* advice.

She was, IIRC, also more often dressed in an outfit that had pants and stuff (form fitting impossibly sexy pants, but, pants, nonetheless, which somewhat surprisingly, meant that she had more clothes on than in her original Perez/Wolfman outfit!).

It's possible they may have reacted a little *too* extremely to the bad reaction their 'sex kitten Kory' portrayal in the 1st issue received, but I'm not complaining. I'd rather have a mostly-dressed (and still crazy hot) competent badass Kory, than a slightly-addled neighborhood bicycle that everyone brags about bedding.

By the time they had figured out their stupidity, I was long gone, with no intention of returning. I didn;t get past the first issue of that. I don't think it even left the shop with me. Perhaps if they had given it some thought before rushing into the reboot? I don't think that would have made a difference. That was what they thought Starfire should be like.
I thought she was more of a sad sex robot than a bit of a slut.

Tin Plated Tamaran Tarts - only from DCNu - Where misogyny matters.

can't say I'd have bought that either.
So...the latest relaunch. It's really...um...recent.
Is that the relaunch I'm thinking of, or the relaunch that's probably happened in the time between your post and mine?
lol LOL

I think it's actually the relaunch that happened in one of the 52 other universes.
I have not read this one but I think it's about Deathstroke or Ravager playing around with the Titans ...

Or some super villain turning them into puppets.

[Linked Image]
That's the Titans ABBA tribute issue...

I'm a marionette, just a marionette, pull the string
I'm a marionette, everybody's pet, just as long as I sing
I'm a marionette, see my pirouette, round and round
I'm a marionette, I'm a marionette, just a silly old clown
The Dan Abnett Titans...it's...uh...pure, undiluted Abnett. No collaborators, nope.

If you like that stuff then...well...have a ball.

I myself will be re-re-re-reading my DnA/Coipel Legion stories.
Boy do I have a lot to talk about lately!
Great Hera, do I have a lot to talk about lately!
^^Double the Debutante, double the fun!

Good to see you here, Teeds. love

EDIT: Back on topic... wink ...I shan't be reading the upcoming "New Direction" for the Titans franchise, no, no. shake
I thought it was really cool when Beast Boy and Flamebird created an LA team of Titans, but I never read their book, or even know if they actually ended up having a book.

Originally Posted by Thriftshop Debutante
Great Hera, do I have a lot to talk about lately!

I was disappointed to find out it was actually pronounce EEara.

Why is Wonder Woman saying it wrong all the time, maybe its a different Hera.

GREAT EEara!
Perhaps Wonder Women from different eras pronounce it differently?
© Legion World