Legion World
Greetings, Legion World citizens. It is once again time to elect your powerless, figurehead sham of a leader for the Legion of Message Board Posters. This officer's hope is that you at least do no worse in your choice than you have in the past.

Anyone who posts on Legion World can be considered a member of the LMB, so all posters are eligible.

What does the LMB leader do? *sigh* Not very much. The position is purely honorary. If there are any roleplays, your role would be prominent, I suppose. If there are fanfics over in Bits, you may be identified as leader should they be set during that time frame. And I'm quite certain your service will be noted in LMB historical documents. The only thing you will definitely be doing is running the subsequent election that determines your successor.

Please, only participate for the fun of it. This is how we of Legion World honor the old tradition of LSH leaders being elected by the fans. It's not intended as a poularity contest or to upset the feeling of community we have here. This is your chance to roast your peers with wicked abandon and parody what, in the real world, is little more than an excuse for a media frenzy.

The official rules:

1. The initial campaign season will last for one week. After that, polls will open for one week, allowing the members of Legion World to vote for their choice for leader.

2. Only one ID per poster is allowed to run/vote.

3. To declare yourself a candidate for LMB leader, simply announce your candidacy on the Election Discussion Thread , within the next week. The Election Discussion Thread shall be used for all general comments or questions regarding the election both by candidates and non-candidates.

4. Each candidate is permitted to start one official campaign thread in the MMB. One may also campaign in various “establishment” threads (Café Cramer, The Security Office, etc.) if the owner of that thread permits it. Candidates may also use the shoutbox and their signature to promote their campaign, within the spirit of the general guidelines for posting on Legion World.

5. Voters shall be permitted to use The Official LMB Leader Election Debate Thread to ask potential candidates their opinion on important Legion World issues, such as the rights of Lindbergh baby clones and whom has jurisdiction over Alan Moore's beard.

6. This thread shall be reserved for official announcements regarding the election. For example, procedures for actually voting will be announced closer to the time that the polls open.

7. Have fun with this. The point is to be goofy and silly and make absurd campaign promises and preposterous allegations against your opponents. It really doesn’t matter who wins. Again, this is not a popularity contest of any sort. Nor is this supposed to turn into something that will cause the moderators or owners of this site any additional stress or work. It’s just for fun.

Good luck to all participants in advance as we open this exercise in depravity.

--The Election Tyrant, Esq.
And, yes, it behooves one of the moderators to headline this and the two related official election threads for the convenience of our posters. We wouldn't want such a prestigious and time-honored <strike>travesty</strike> tradition to be lost in a sea of inane threads, would we?
This thread and the Discussion Thread will be headlined for the duration of the election.

The debate thread, however, must fight for its survival on the MMB as candidates try to stay relevant!
Why is it stickied then?
Dev... you should never... never... ask a fellow LMBPer why a given thread is "stickied".

Some questions are better left unanswered.
As of this moment, we have three candidates for LMB Leader:

Ram Boy
Dev-Em
dedman

Nominations will close at midnight EST on Thursday. That gives any potential candidates just over 48 hours to declare their intentions.

Between now and midnight Monday all candidates must find a running mate to add to their ticket, or they will be put on the ticket by themselves. Running mates MUST give their consent to being on the ticket. The voting process will begin midnight Monday and last for one week.
Originally posted by Exnihil:
Dev... you should never... never... ask a fellow LMBPer why a given thread is "stickied".

Some questions are better left unanswered.
Very good point...
Do we have a vehicle for causing the moderators or owners of this site any additional stress or work?

hammer
What extra work? The Election Tyrant, in all his/her wisdom, controls this thing.
Nominations are now closed. The candidates for the office of LMB Leader remain:

Ram Boy
Dev-Em
dedman

Candidates have between now and midnight EST Monday evening to announce a running mate with said running mate posting his/her acceptance on the Election Discussion thread for it to be considered official.

Alternately, a PM to this account (The Election Tyrant, duh!) from both parties on the ticket is also acceptable should they wish to surprise their opponents and prevent their counter-strategizing based on the perceived strengths such a running mate might bring to the ticket.

In either case, notification must occur before midnight EST Monday evening. At that point the tickets will be finalized and made public as voting officially begins.
Bloody Liberty! Running mates just made this thing even more interesting!
They did didn't they. Where's Rammy though?
Update on the tickets for the upcoming election:

dedman with Stealth as his Deputy candidate

Dev-Em with Sarcasm Kid

So far no running mate for Ram Boy has been announced on the Election Discussion thread nor received by this body via PM. There are less than 48 hours 'til voting begins!

tick-tick-tick, Ram Boy....
Never mind campaigning, I think the Election Tyrant is flirting with me!
I'm just glad to see that no matter who wins, we'll have another Deputy with a strong commitment to the arts!

[gets a little teared up] 'Scuse me. Just gonna' go fix everyone a nice cup of tea. BRB.
Want some Rum sweetie?
Actually, I've decided to go dry until after the election is over. Democracy is serious business, after all. Such an important decision should always be arrived at with as clear a head as possible.

Got any ginger beer?
I'll get ya whatever ya want.
You mean, Whatever You Like ...

wink
I love Weird Al. Have not heard that one yet.
Originally posted by cleome:
Actually, I've decided to go dry until after the election is over. Democracy is serious business, after all. Such an important decision should always be arrived at with as clear a head as possible.

Got any ginger beer?
I think thats a bad decision Cleome...a vote for dedman-Stealth is a vote for more parties and more drunken orgies.
He's pushing you towards alchoholic.
Originally posted by dedman:
Originally posted by cleome:
[b]Actually, I've decided to go dry until after the election is over. Democracy is serious business, after all. Such an important decision should always be arrived at with as clear a head as possible.

Got any ginger beer?
I think thats a bad decision Cleome...a vote for dedman-Stealth is a vote for more parties and more drunken orgies. [/b]
Perhaps, perhaps... hmmm

Still, at my age, er... let's just say that the ol' Hello Catsuit doesn't zip and unzip quite so smoothly as it once did. <span style="font-size: 11px;">IfyouknowwhatImean...</span>
Pardon the *ahem* interruption.

Beginning at midnight EST tonight, the voting period of this election will begin. For your vote to be counted, you must:

1) PM your vote to me, the Election Tyrant.

2) After PMing your vote, post to the forthcoming thread entitled "March 2010 Election: Record your vote here" to state that you have voted via said Private Message. You need only state that you have voted. You don't have to specify what your vote was in the thread.

Your vote will count ONLY if you do both of these things. And only ONE vote may be cast per poster. Multiple votes cast from one person via multiple IDs will not be counted!

To recap your choices:

Dev Em & Sarcasm Kid

dedman & Stealth

Ram Boy & MLLASH

Good luck to the candidates and especially to the constituency (which is surely doomed, no matter the outcome).
The polls will be open until midnight EST one week from today.
For all that it matters...
Do we have to make him say his name backwards or something?
Maybe if we just make him look in the mirror?!?! laugh
Voting ends in 24 hours, sentients.
The polls are closed!

Announcement thread momentarily...
© Legion World