Legion World
Continued mid-question from Round Six; it's my question.

Having started this thread way, way back in 2004 (I think), I'm pretty stoked that it's lasted all the way to Round Six! Thanks all for playing, it's awesome getting to know everyone a bit more.

Here's a list of links to the others -

Round One

Round Two

Round Three

Round Four

Round Five

Round Six

Which of these have Blaze and I not yet done?

1) Visited a gay spa in another country
2) Gotten stranded on an island during a storm
3) Gone bungee jumping
4) Explored ancient ruins abroad
5) Spent the night on a mountain, above the clouds
6) Gotten body paint all over each other
7) Escaped an angry dog
8) Celebrated a festival with a big foam party
9) Met each others' parents and siblings
10) Rode a camel in the desert
11) Gotten peanut butter and syrup all over each other

12) Cried in each others' arms after watching a sad movie
After 11 I was hoping it would be retitled "Things that other Legion Worlders would want to know about you." smile

5)
SOME Legion Worlders have been very interested in the brand of chocolate syrup we used smile

We did 5 at this beautiful, beautiful mountain called Mount Pulag. It was a cold night with lots of cuddling and 5 layers of clothing apiece. Thankfully the climb was worth it as the clouds were nice and thick, much like in this photo - I know a guy who's been up there ten times and only twice were the clouds that nice.

2) Gotten stranded on an island during a storm
9) Met each other's parents and siblings.
Did 2. Our first vacation together. Went island hopping during typhoon season. Swimming in the rain is not pleasant when the rain feels like needles.

Did 9. But of course we did not say we are dating. We think some of our relatives suspect but are blissfully in denial.

8) Celebrated a festival with a big foam party
Lance! Good of you to join us!

By a serendipitous stroke of fate, our Thailand trip coincided with Loi Krathong, a festival celebrated by releasing floats with candles on bodies of water. It also coincided with the Yi Peng Lanna festival celebrated in the north, where the sky is filled with beautiful paper lanterns.

Being the naughty boys that we are, Blaze and I checked into a gay hotel in Bangkok. There was a foam party on the last night.

Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac

Which of these have Blaze and I not yet done?

4) Explored ancient ruins abroad
7) Escaped an angry dog
12) Cried in each others' arms after watching a sad movie
7. Escape an angry dog
That happened on the beautiful beaches of Caramoan, in the Bicol region of the Philippines. We were in a sparsely populated portion of the beach, with just one inn and one small restaurant/bar. After dinner, Blaze and I took a stroll, and an angry dog started growling at us. My poor baby was so frightened, I took his hand and led him away... and as soon as we were away he pulled his hand down so we wouldn't get caught tongue

That's it! That's the one we have not done yet.

Over to you lance!

I am taking my kids on vacation this summer. Where are we going?

1) Alaska
2) Chattanooga
3) Chicago
4) Colorado
5) Florida
6) Gatlinburg
7) Grand Canyon
8) Hawaii
9) Myrtle Beach
10) Omaha
11) New York
12) Wyoming
13) Upper peninsula of Michigan

5) Florida

No, not this year.
9) Myrtle Beach

Nope, not there.
7) Grand Canyon
6) Gatlinburg if only so someone can tell me where it is.

Neither of those is correct.
3) Chicago?
12) What's in Wyoming?

IB has it. We're off to Chicago this year, to visit LEGOLAND and the zoo and the American Girl store and I don't know what else.

You're up, IB!
That sounds wonderful Lance! I'm sure you and the kids will have a great time!

I will think of a new Q soon.
Soon is relative tongue

Which of these alcoholic drinks did I most recently have?

1) Signal No. 1 Stout
2) Blue Moon
3) Guinness
4) Sapporo Classic
5) San Miguel Cerveza Negra
6) Tanduay Rum
7)Adios Motherf*cker
8) Hoegaarden
9) Peach Bellini
10) Bailey's
11) Paulaner
12) Jack Daniel's
7) Adios Motherf*cker tongue
Alas, no! Have only had it once in LA - a refreshing mix of vodka, rum, gin, tequila and liqueur. But I found a place near work which serves it so I will definitely be trying it out soon!
6) San Miguel Cerveza Negra
My favorite beer for a night out, especially because it is one of the cheapest. Just about a US dollar. But no, it was not my most recent drink.
10)Baileys
Nope. One of my, and Blaze's, favorite drinks. We bought a bottle to celebrate our 2nd anniversary. We're planning to buy another one for our fourth.
2) Blue Moon
Nope. I've only ever had it twice. Once in LA, once in Manila. I also got Blaze to try it.
6) the rum, cunningly disguised by Lightning Lad's answer
Not the rum! I haven't had that one in quite a while.

Which of these alcoholic drinks did I most recently have?

1) Signal No. 1 Stout
3) Guinness
4) Sapporo Classic
8) Hoegaarden
9) Peach Bellini
11) Paulaner
12) Jack Daniel's
9) Peach Bellini
Nope. Blaze and I ordered that when we celebrated our birthday, but haven't had the pleasure of having it since. A shame, peaches are my fave fruit.
12)
Nope. I had that recently, but it's not my most recent.
8)
I also had that recently - still one of my fave beers - but not the most recent.
3) Guinness
And Indy/Braja/Nosty had it! I was able to find some Guinness at an ice cream shop - Blaze ordered Guinness mixed with chocolate and vanilla ice cream. Frankly I didn't think the combination was all that great so I just drank the beer alone smile

Over to you Indy/Braja/Nosty!
What movie have I recently watched for my schlock movie thread?

1) Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Century
2) Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
3) The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms
4) They Live
5) Escape from New York
6) Dawn of the Dead (1978)
7) Flash Gordon
8) Highlander
9) Village of the Damned
10) Godzilla vs. Destoroyah
11) Close Encounters of the Third Kind
12) Chopping Mall
Originally Posted by thothkins

I watched that last weekend, but it's not the most recent one. Jeff Goldblum and Leonard Nimoy are great in that movie! smile
4) They Live
Originally Posted by thothkins
4) They Live

Nope, I still need to watch that one.
11) Close Encounters of the Third Kind
I watched that one last month. It's one of Spielberg's more underrated films in my opinion.
6) Dawn of the Dead (1978)?
Nope, that's another one I need to see.
Hmmm...

3) The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms
I saw that one last year. It has great stop motion effects courtesy of Ray Harryhausen himself!
This game is certainly making me curious about these films!

12?
I saw Chopping mall a few years back. It was okay, but nothing special, even among B-movies.
5) escape from new York?
Yay for the Beast.

9) Village of the Damned - hopefully the original.
Nope to either of those. tongue
10? tongue
I saw that one over the summer. Great effects for that era of kaiju film making, especially the design for Destoyroah's final form!
Ummmm 7?
DING! Ibby's got it. smile

Over to you again, Ibby!
That took a while! I was focusing on the horror films and Flash Gordon seems more sci-fi.

New Q up soon!
I gave cameos to almost every LMBer ever in the Lord of the Oval Novella.

Which LMBer did I include in a scene, but without taking part in combat?

1) Legion Tracker
2) Awkward Pause Boy
3) Reboot
4) Harbinger
5) minesurfer
6) Vee
7) Pov
8) Blacula
9) cleome
10) Quislet, Esq.
11) Abin Quank
12) Xben
13) Rickshaw
14) Dedman
4)Harby 'cause you get to warn people of the fight without actually having to be involved if you're a Harbinger.
Nope, Harbi had quite a few scenes with her "does whatever I want!" Power.
I imagine knowing what the LMB powers were might help smile

2) Awkward pause boy wanted to join I, but you know there never seemed to be a good moment, and it became a bit of an awkward pause.
You could check out the LMB Wiki smile

Awkward Pause Boy was sent out a couple of times to use his powers to create awkward pauses in fighting, thereby distracting opponents.
Research? fah!

Rickshaw? As everyone involved knew better than to stage the battle on his lawn?
But this is one Know Your Legion Worlders question which actually benefits from research!

Not Rickshaw, who was incredibly effective at killing random zombies by pretending Weber's World was his lawn.
1) Tracker who finds the fights but doesn't get his paws dirty beyond that?
No, Tracker was in the middle.of a lot of fights and got himself wounded badly once too.
14) Dedman who may possess others without actually fighting himself?
No, Dedman had a critical role to play in one of my scenes - the one where Blaze seemingly sacrifices himself to close a portal. IB then goes off in a rage.
3) Reboot - When there was a hint of danger, Reboot would reset everything to avoid it happening?
Oh no, I don't think he can actually do that. And he was very effective in battle.
Pov: Wanted to fight, but opponents ran away when they saw the lack of pants
Pantsless Pov was actually one of the best battlers. He was described as the Martian Manhunter of the LMB so I wrote him with full MM powers.
Cleome, because she's a tree-hugging hippie pacifist.

(I kid Cleome, just like she kids me.)
Tee-hee! Nice of you to join in, Fanfie!

Not Cleome, I gave her a nice bit in the final battle. Cobie also used her early on in Book 1.
I gave cameos to almost every LMBer ever in the Lord of the Oval Novella.

Which LMBer did I include in a scene, but without taking part in combat?

1) Legion Tracker
2) Awkward Pause Boy
3) Reboot
4) Harbinger

5) minesurfer
6) Vee
7) Pov
8) Blacula
9) cleome
10) Quislet, Esq.
11) Abin Quank
12) Xben
13) Rickshaw
14) Dedman
6/14 choices left!
10) Quis Quis possessed the convergence secret wars battleworld where all the fighting was, mercifully ending proceedings after a single issue?
Yes! Well, not for your reason. But super space-lawyer Quis kept tabs on the politicians while the fighting was going on.
Over to you thothy!
Yay! Quicker than usual. I'll need to have another look at the Wiki. I always seem to get errors when I go for certain pages, so I'll need to see what I'm doing wrong there.

New Q soon...
Could be a problem with the wiki itself. Or maybe pages which don't exist yet?
Thinking they were doing me a good turn, a firend recorded a movie for us to watch together last weekend. It was:-

a Nosferatu
b Der Golem
c Häxan
d Frankenstein (pre Karloff version)
e Metropolis
f Dracula (Spanish version)

Metropolis
Nosferatu
Originally Posted by Nostalgia Lad
Metropolis

No, but it's one I mention when fav films come up. That recent restored version is excellent.

Nosferatu

Another fav, more for the cinematography than anything else. It's got a creepy plot underneath though with the pestilence you don't get form other vampire movies. But not that one on this occasion.

Dracula
Not Dracula, although this version is better shot than the Bela Lugosi known one, although they use the same sets.
Haxan
d Frankenstein (pre Karloff version)
Originally Posted by Nostalgia Lad
Haxan

That's the one. Witchcraft through the ages from 1922 I think. It's a series of shorts supposedly telling all about the history of witchcraft. In fact, it's there really to try and shock/ titillate the audience, and it's more than a little insulting to anyone following those beliefs.

I did get to comment on how much better the version I got to see was than the old thing I saw years ago. But, it's a film I didn't think I'd have to sit through twice.

O'er to you BraJa!

Thanks thoth!

Which of these Star Trek movies have I not seen?

1) Star Trek: The Motion Picture
2) Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
3) Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
4) Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
5) Star Trek: First Contact
6) Star Trek (2009)
7) Star Trek: Into Darkness
6) ?
I saw that one on a plane to Dubai. The sound quality wasn't very good, so it wasn't a very pleasant experience.
Too bad, I felt it was actually pretty good.

3)?
I saw that one this summer. I think it's one of the more forgettable entries into the franchise. It's not bad by any means, far from it. However, the plot is simply a means to bring Spock back to life, making it more of a plot point in an overall story rather than a self contained work itself.
4) if you're lucky.
The Voyage Home is probably my second favorite of all the original cast films. It had a great mix of humor and heart that made it stand out among the other much more serious films in the series.
Could it be you haven't seen 7)?

Loving the commentary on the films btw!
I hated Into Darkness. It was a cheap retread of the much better Wrath of Khan and had no interesting ideas of its own. Add on the fact that I still hate that this alternate Trek timeline is now being supported as the main one over the original.
It does seem like a needless reboot.

1)?
Yep, that's the one! Despite it being the first film, the pacing is terrible and it tries way too hard to be 2001: A Space Odyssry.

Your turn, Ibby!
Cool! I read that for the earlier films, every odd numbered one was bad while every even numbered one was good?

New Q up soon!
I remember the first one as having a very ambitious plot, and being visually excellent. On the other hand I remember the fourth one as a can of dog food travelling through space and being a bit cringe worthy. :-)
Perhaps I got the odd and even ones switched up tongue
Although there's just as much chance that it's my awkward opinions :-)
Being in the minority (if indeed you are) should not automatically make your opinions awkward smile
I'm quite used to waving at bandwagons as they leave town :-)
SpiderGirl
In my travels, I have met people from the following countries outside of their home countries, except:

1) Nepal
2) Sweden
3) Israel
4) Pakistan
5) Brazil
6) Egypt
7) France
8) Italy
9) Australia
10) Nigeria
11) Netherlands
12) New Zealand
6)
I met an Egyptian girl in NYC. I remember marveling at her intricately braided her.
Met a handsome older Frenchman on our first trip to Bangkok. He was soooo romantic.

(proceeds to give thoth all the blow-by-blow (heh) details of my liaison with the Frenchman)
Gee, I haven't even started describing him yet!
still not over "blow by blow"...
Just the right amount of force was used.

On my most recent trip I also met this cute American and the baby-faced Korean...
1)
I met a Nepali restaurant manager in the Maldives. And a student while in the USA.
3)
Met a Brazilian while traveling in Indonesia. We tried in vain to find something stronger than beer to celebrate the New Year.
ah, but 3) was Israeli.
Ah, you got a free one there. How insidious! ( glosses over the fact that my sleepy little eyes misread)

Met an Israeli on the ferry from Iloilo province to Negros island here in the Philippines.
In my travels, I have met people from the following countries outside of their home countries, except:

2) Sweden
4) Pakistan
8) Italy
9) Australia
10) Nigeria
11) Netherlands
12) New Zealand
I killed this thread! Wish I could kill the one where you win something...
laugh laugh
And now Stalgie has stolen my victory by killing the thread all over again! tongue
evil evil
No! This thread can only be killed by me! tongue
Not gonna happen, pal. grin
You could actually make a guess to keep the thread going tongue
#8 ?
I met an Italian from one of our foreign offices.

Thanks for playing smile
9) Australia
Yay welcome back Xben!

I traveled with a couple of Australians in Indonesia.
I come back from time to time...

I'll guess 2) Sweden, then.
Nope, met a Swede at a student conference.

[quote=Invisible Brainiac]In my travels, I have met people from the following countries outside of their home countries, except:

4) Pakistan
10) Nigeria
11) Netherlands
12) New Zealand
OK, how about 12) New Zealand? (trying to guess in the zone between "seems unlikely to be right" and "seems like an obvious choice")
And you are correct! Never met a New Zealander, that I can recall.

I met a Pakistani running a restaurant in the Philippines,
the condo we stayed in in Dubai had a Nigerian lifeguard,
and I traveled with three Dutch to Borobudur and Prambanan temples in Indonesia.

You're up Xben!
OK, I'm going to ask a complicated one, but I'll make sure it does not drag out too long. A few years ago, I came up with a list of my 50 favorite DC Comics characters (as you do, you know). Not all of these would still be on this list, probably, but we'll go with it as it was.

Name my 50 favorite DC characters (at the time).

Hints:
36 male. 14 female.
# of Legionnaires - 13 (4 of whom were dead by the end of the Baxter era)
# I discovered through the Suicide Squad - 4
# I really discovered through the "Golden Age" miniseries - 2
# debuted 1990-present (according to Wikipedia) - 4
# who normally/traditionally have no code name - 7
# of pre-crisis Teen Titans - 3
# of traditional villains - 6 (3 of whom have had their own eponymous series or mini-series)
# of Green Lanterns - 3
# who couldn't pass for a normal human, even if clothed normally - 3
# who are really the same character, but apparently not for legal reasons - 2
Hmmm! Fun question.

1) Superboy/Superman
2) Supergirl
3) Chemical King
4) Invisible Kid (Lyle)
5) Saturn Girl
6) Cosmic Boy
7) Lightning Lad
8) Phantom Girl
9) Ultra Boy
10) Timber Wolf
11) Dream Girl
12) Star Boy
13) Laurel Gand
14) Enchantress
15) Amanda Waller
16) Rick Flagg
17) Captain Boomerang
18) Hourman (Rex)
19) Robotman (Golden Age)
20) Lex Luthor
21) John Stewart
22) Kilowog
23) Hal Jordan
24) Black Canary (Dinah Lance)
25) Martian Manhunter
26) Wally West
27) Bruce Wayne
28) Barry Allen
29) Booster Gold
30) John Henry Irons
31) Dick Grayson
32) Ray Palmer
33) Barbara Gordon
34) Aquaman
35) Plastic Man
36) Black Lightning
37) Ted Kord
38) Mister Miracle
39) Wonder Woman
40) Oliver Queen
41) Cyborg
42) Gar Logan
43) Roy Harper
44) Hank Hall
45) Don Hall
46) Mal Duncan
47) Eclipso
48) Joker
49) Sinestro
50) Jim Gordon
25 of your guesses are right, but really you've guessed 26 of the answers (because I treated Superman and Superboy as different characters)

Question again: Who were my 24 other favorite DC characters (at the time I made the list of 50)

1) Superman
2) Superboy
3) Supergirl
4) Saturn Girl
5) Lightning Lad
6) Phantom Girl
7) Ultra Boy
8) Dream Girl
9) Laurel Gand
10) Amanda Waller
11) Rick Flagg
12) Hourman (Rex)
13) John Stewart
14) Hal Jordan
15) Black Canary (Dinah Lance)
16) Martian Manhunter
17) Wally West
18) Bruce Wayne
19) Barry Allen
20) Booster Gold
21) Dick Grayson
22) Ray Palmer
23) Plastic Man
24) Black Lightning
25) Jim Gordon
26) Invisible Kid (Lyle)

Hints for those that remain:

17 male. 7 female.
# of Legionnaires - 4 (1 of whom were dead by the end of the Baxter era)
# I discovered through the Suicide Squad - 2
# I really discovered through the "Golden Age" miniseries - 1
# debuted 1990-present (according to Wikipedia) - 3
# who normally/traditionally have no code name – 5 (I made a mistake on this one before)
# of pre-crisis Teen Titans - 1
# of traditional villains - 6 (3 of whom have had their own eponymous series or mini-series) NOTE: Actually, at least one, maybe two, of these was originally a villain but generally wouldn't be thought of as one anymore.
# of Green Lanterns - 1
# who couldn't pass for a normal human, even if clothed normally - 3
# of characters who were related to other DC heroes known primarily for their super-speed - 3
# of characters who were originally Charlton characters - 2

Hmm...

Gates
Karate Kid (Val)
Captain Atom
Alan Scott
Jay Garrick
Tarantula
Quislet
Kent Shakespeare
Peter Cannon
Brainiac 5
Bouncing Boy
Matter-Eater Lad
Tomar-Re
Arisia
Guy Gardner
Alfred Pennyworth
Donna Troy
Starfire
Jericho
The Shade
Catwoman
Tim Drake
Conner Kent
Bart Allen
You now have 33 correct answers.

Question again: Who were my 17 other favorite DC characters (at the time I made the list of 50)

1) Superman
2) Superboy
3) Supergirl
4) Saturn Girl
5) Lightning Lad
6) Phantom Girl
7) Ultra Boy
8) Dream Girl
9) Laurel Gand
10) Amanda Waller
11) Rick Flagg
12) Hourman (Rex)
13) John Stewart
14) Hal Jordan
16) Martian Manhunter
17) Wally West
18) Bruce Wayne
19) Barry Allen
20) Booster Gold
21) Dick Grayson
22) Ray Palmer
23) Plastic Man
24) Black Lightning
25) Jim Gordon
26) Invisible Kid (Lyle)
27) Gates
28) Captain Atom
29) Brainiac 5
30) Matter-Eater Lad
31) Donna Troy
32) Catwoman
33) Bart Allen

Hints:
12 male. 5 female.
# of Legionnaires - 1 (who was dead by the end of the Baxter era)
# I discovered through the Suicide Squad - 2
# debuted 1990-present (according to Wikipedia) - 1
# who normally/traditionally have no code name – 5 (I made a mistake on this one before)
# of traditional villains – at least 4 (it’s actually hard to count villains, as so many characters have spent significant time as both hero and villain. But there are four that I think most would agree are properly villains. Although maybe 1 of these is now more of an anti-hero, and this one had their own eponymous miniseries.)
# of Green Lanterns - 1
# who couldn't pass for a normal human, even if clothed normally - 1
# of characters who were related to other DC heroes known primarily for their super-speed - 2
# of characters who were originally Charlton characters – 1
# of characters who have a code name that is shared by 6 or more others in the DC Universe – 2
Triplicate Girl
Ferro Lad
Plastique
Al Pratt
Anarky
Linda Park
Jesse Quick
Nightshade
Stephanie Brown
Big Barda
Jade
Obsidian
Maggie Sawyer
Renee Montoya
Harvey Bullock
Deathstroke
Vandal Savage
You now have 35 correct answers.

Question again: Who were my 35 other favorite DC characters (at the time I made the list of 50)

1) Superman
2) Superboy
3) Supergirl
4) Saturn Girl
5) Lightning Lad
6) Phantom Girl
7) Ultra Boy
8) Dream Girl
9) Laurel Gand
10) Amanda Waller
11) Rick Flagg
12) Hourman (Rex)
13) John Stewart
14) Hal Jordan
16) Martian Manhunter
17) Wally West
18) Bruce Wayne
19) Barry Allen
20) Booster Gold
21) Dick Grayson
22) Ray Palmer
23) Plastic Man
24) Black Lightning
25) Jim Gordon
26) Invisible Kid (Lyle)
27) Gates
28) Captain Atom
29) Brainiac 5
30) Matter-Eater Lad
31) Donna Troy
32) Catwoman
33) Bart Allen
34) Linda Park
35) Nightshade

Hints:
12 male. 3 female.
# I discovered through the Suicide Squad – 2 (Nightshade was one, but realized I forgot another!)
# debuted 1990-present (according to Wikipedia) - 1
# who normally/traditionally have no code name – 4
# of traditional villains – at least 4 (it’s actually hard to count villains, as so many characters have spent significant time as both hero and villain. But there are four that I think most would agree are properly villains. Although maybe 1 of these is now more of an anti-hero, and this one had their own eponymous miniseries.)
# of Green Lanterns - 1
# of characters who were related to other DC heroes known primarily for their super-speed – 1
# of characters who have a code name that is shared by 6 or more others in the DC Universe – 2 (clearly, one of them is the Green Lantern mentioned above)
# of characters who command powerful green energy – 2
# of characters who have demonstrated awareness of themselves as comic book characters - 2
# of non-powered supporting characters who appeared on network TV for years - 2
Magnetic Kid
Ra's al Ghul
Talia
Emerald Empress
Jimmy Olsen
Lois Lane
Pete Ross
Kyle Rayner
Liberty Belle
Tigress
Miss America
Wildcat
Captain Triumph
Paul Kirk
You now have 38 correct answers.

Question again: Who were my 12 other favorite DC characters (at the time I made the list of 50)

1) Superman
2) Superboy
3) Supergirl
4) Saturn Girl
5) Lightning Lad
6) Phantom Girl
7) Ultra Boy
8) Dream Girl
9) Laurel Gand
10) Amanda Waller
11) Rick Flagg
12) Hourman (Rex)
13) John Stewart
14) Hal Jordan
16) Martian Manhunter
17) Wally West
18) Bruce Wayne
19) Barry Allen
20) Booster Gold
21) Dick Grayson
22) Ray Palmer
23) Plastic Man
24) Black Lightning
25) Jim Gordon
26) Invisible Kid (Lyle)
27) Gates
28) Captain Atom
29) Brainiac 5
30) Matter-Eater Lad
31) Donna Troy
32) Catwoman
33) Bart Allen
34) Linda Park
35) Nightshade
36) Emerald Empress
37) Kyle Rayner
38) Liberty Belle

Hints:
11 male. 1 female.
# I discovered through the Suicide Squad – 2 (Nightshade was one, but realized I forgot another!)
# of traditional villains – at least 3 (it’s actually hard to count villains, as so many characters have spent significant time as both hero and villain. But there are 3 that I think most would agree are properly villains. Although maybe 1 of these is now more of an anti-hero, and this one had their own eponymous miniseries.)
# of characters who have a code name that is shared by 6 or more others in the DC Universe – 1
# of characters who have demonstrated awareness of themselves as comic book characters – 2
# of non-powered supporting characters who appeared on network TV for years – 2
# of characters who started off as amoral non-powered human being, became a bit of a good guy, and then wound up as a super-powered villain – 1
# of characters who started off as an amoral anti-hero, and stayed that way – 1
# of characters who operate with a code name, but who for most of their publication history had no definitive real name - 1
Mon-El
Bronze Tiger
Count Vertigo
Spectre
Black Orchid
Ambush Bug
Harley Quinn
King Faraday
Ma Hunkel
Frances Kane
To bring my guess to 12 characters:

Deadshot
Animal Man
You now have 40 correct answers.

Question again: Who were my 10 other favorite DC characters (at the time I made the list of 50)

1) Superman
2) Superboy
3) Supergirl
4) Saturn Girl
5) Lightning Lad
6) Phantom Girl
7) Ultra Boy
8) Dream Girl
9) Laurel Gand
10) Amanda Waller
11) Rick Flagg
12) Hourman (Rex)
13) John Stewart
14) Hal Jordan
16) Martian Manhunter
17) Wally West
18) Bruce Wayne
19) Barry Allen
20) Booster Gold
21) Dick Grayson
22) Ray Palmer
23) Plastic Man
24) Black Lightning
25) Jim Gordon
26) Invisible Kid (Lyle)
27) Gates
28) Captain Atom
29) Brainiac 5
30) Matter-Eater Lad
31) Donna Troy
32) Catwoman
33) Bart Allen
34) Linda Park
35) Nightshade
36) Emerald Empress
37) Kyle Rayner
38) Liberty Belle
39) Mon-El
40) Ambush Bug

Hints:
9 male. 1 female.
# of traditional villains – at least 3 (it’s actually hard to count villains, as so many characters have spent significant time as both hero and villain. But there are 3 that I think most would agree are properly villains. Although maybe 1 of these is now more of an anti-hero, and this one had their own eponymous miniseries.)
# of characters who have a code name that is shared by 6 or more others in the DC Universe – 1
# of characters who have demonstrated awareness of themselves as comic book characters – 1
# of non-powered supporting characters who appeared on network TV for years – 2
# of characters who started off as amoral non-powered human being, became a bit of a good guy, and then wound up as a super-powered villain – 1
# of characters who operate with a code name, but who for most of their publication history had no definitive real name – 1
# of characters who are or have been known as Batman villains - 2
Penguin
Riddler
Clayface
Poison Ivy
Mr. Freeze
Perry White
Lana Lang
Lori Lemaris
Only 8 guesses out of 10?

You now have 41 correct answers.

Question again: Who were my 9 other favorite DC characters (at the time I made the list of 50)

1) Superman
2) Superboy
3) Supergirl
4) Saturn Girl
5) Lightning Lad
6) Phantom Girl
7) Ultra Boy
8) Dream Girl
9) Laurel Gand
10) Amanda Waller
11) Rick Flagg
12) Hourman (Rex)
13) John Stewart
14) Hal Jordan
16) Martian Manhunter
17) Wally West
18) Bruce Wayne
19) Barry Allen
20) Booster Gold
21) Dick Grayson
22) Ray Palmer
23) Plastic Man
24) Black Lightning
25) Jim Gordon
26) Invisible Kid (Lyle)
27) Gates
28) Captain Atom
29) Brainiac 5
30) Matter-Eater Lad
31) Donna Troy
32) Catwoman
33) Bart Allen
34) Linda Park
35) Nightshade
36) Emerald Empress
37) Kyle Rayner
38) Liberty Belle
39) Mon-El
40) Ambush Bug
41) Lana Lang

Hints:
9 male.
# I discovered through the Suicide Squad – 2
# who normally/traditionally have no code name – 3
# who couldn't pass for a normal human, even if clothed normally (because he’s green!) - 1
# of characters who have demonstrated awareness of themselves as comic book characters – 1
# of non-powered supporting characters who appeared on live-action network TV for about 5 years – 1
# of characters who operate with a code name, but who for most of their publication history had no definitive real name – 1
# of characters who are or have been known as Batman villains – 2
# of characters who are the adopted father of a member of the LSH – 1
# of characters who are the distant ancestor of a member of the LSH – 1
# of characters who are or have been known as Flash villains - 1
Having trouble thinking of characters at the moment, so less guesses in last post.

Pa Kent
Jason Todd
Brainiac
Vril Dox
RJ Brande
Captain Cold
Gorilla Grodd
Professor Zoom
Weather Wizard
You now have 44 correct answers.

Question again: Who were my 6 other favorite DC characters (at the time I made the list of 50)

1) Superman
2) Superboy
3) Supergirl
4) Saturn Girl
5) Lightning Lad
6) Phantom Girl
7) Ultra Boy
8) Dream Girl
9) Laurel Gand
10) Amanda Waller
11) Rick Flagg
12) Hourman (Rex)
13) John Stewart
14) Hal Jordan
16) Martian Manhunter
17) Wally West
18) Bruce Wayne
19) Barry Allen
20) Booster Gold
21) Dick Grayson
22) Ray Palmer
23) Plastic Man
24) Black Lightning
25) Jim Gordon
26) Invisible Kid (Lyle)
27) Gates
28) Captain Atom
29) Brainiac 5
30) Matter-Eater Lad
31) Donna Troy
32) Catwoman
33) Bart Allen
34) Linda Park
35) Nightshade
36) Emerald Empress
37) Kyle Rayner
38) Liberty Belle
39) Mon-El
40) Ambush Bug
41) Lana Lang
42) Pa Kent
43) Vril Dox
44) Captain Cold

Hints:
9 male.
# I discovered through the Suicide Squad – 2 (One had only a few appearances I think, but the other was the most major player that you haven't guessed, unless I missed it)
# who normally/traditionally have no code name – 1
# of traditional villains – at least 2 (it’s actually hard to count villains, as so many characters have spent significant time as both hero and villain. But there are 2 that I think most would agree are properly villains. Although maybe 1 of these is now more of an anti-hero, and this one had their own eponymous miniseries.)
# of characters who are or have been known as Batman villains. – 2 - One has appeared in two live action films (three if you count before becoming a villain), the other is about to appear in his first.
# of characters associated to some degree with the Giffen-era of the Justice League - 2
Maxwell Lord
Oberon
Two-Face
Killer Croc
Tom Tresser
Multiplex
You now have 46 correct answers.

Question again: Who were my 4 other favorite DC characters (at the time I made the list of 50)

1) Superman
2) Superboy
3) Supergirl
4) Saturn Girl
5) Lightning Lad
6) Phantom Girl
7) Ultra Boy
8) Dream Girl
9) Laurel Gand
10) Amanda Waller
11) Rick Flagg
12) Hourman (Rex)
13) John Stewart
14) Hal Jordan
16) Martian Manhunter
17) Wally West
18) Bruce Wayne
19) Barry Allen
20) Booster Gold
21) Dick Grayson
22) Ray Palmer
23) Plastic Man
24) Black Lightning
25) Jim Gordon
26) Invisible Kid (Lyle)
27) Gates
28) Captain Atom
29) Brainiac 5
30) Matter-Eater Lad
31) Donna Troy
32) Catwoman
33) Bart Allen
34) Linda Park
35) Nightshade
36) Emerald Empress
37) Kyle Rayner
38) Liberty Belle
39) Mon-El
40) Ambush Bug
41) Lana Lang
42) Pa Kent
43) Vril Dox
44) Captain Cold
45) Maxwell Lord
46)Two-Face

Oberon
Killer Croc
Tom Tresser
Multiplex

Hints (trying to simplify)
4 male.
# I discovered through the Suicide Squad – 2 (both eventually had their own series also written by John Ostrander – one a miniseries, one an ongoing)
# of characters who have a code name that is shared by 6 or more others in the DC Universe – 1 (who ended up killing some of the other people who shared the code name)
# of characters who have demonstrated awareness of themselves as comic book characters – 1 (who has also met his own creator)
# of characters who operate with a code name, but who for most of their publication history had no definitive real name – 1 (but was recently revealed or strongly implied was actually
# of characters has been known as a Batman villain, but is now more famous as a member of a couple of different teams made up of most villains, and is about to appear in his first live action movie – 1
Manhunter
Animal Man
Deadshot
You now have 48 (and a half) correct answers.

Question again: Who was my other 1 (and a half) favorite DC characters (at the time I made the list of 50)

1) Superman
2) Superboy
3) Supergirl
4) Saturn Girl
5) Lightning Lad
6) Phantom Girl
7) Ultra Boy
8) Dream Girl
9) Laurel Gand
10) Amanda Waller
11) Rick Flagg
12) Hourman (Rex)
13) John Stewart
14) Hal Jordan
16) Martian Manhunter
17) Wally West
18) Bruce Wayne
19) Barry Allen
20) Booster Gold
21) Dick Grayson
22) Ray Palmer
23) Plastic Man
24) Black Lightning
25) Jim Gordon
26) Invisible Kid (Lyle)
27) Gates
28) Captain Atom
29) Brainiac 5
30) Matter-Eater Lad
31) Donna Troy
32) Catwoman
33) Bart Allen
34) Linda Park
35) Nightshade
36) Emerald Empress
37) Kyle Rayner
38) Liberty Belle
39) Mon-El
40) Ambush Bug
41) Lana Lang
42) Pa Kent
43) Vril Dox
44) Captain Cold
45) Maxwell Lord
46)Two-Face
47) Animal Man
48) Deadshot
Sort of) Manhunter - which one?

Hints (trying to simplify)
both male.
# I discovered through the Suicide Squad – 1 (also had his own series also written by John Ostrander)
# of characters who have a code name that is shared by 6 or more others in the DC Universe – 1 (who ended up killing some of the other people who shared the code name)
# of characters who operate with a code name, but who for most of their publication history had no definitive real name – 1 (but was recently revealed or strongly implied was actually a famous historical figure)
# of characters who were invited to join the JLA, but never answered
I amended one of my guesses to include Animal Man and Deadshot, but it must have been just as you were replying smile

Let's see...

Paul Kirk
Phantom Stranger
Oh, sorry, I didn't see that, sorry IB. I was afraid I'd make a mistake in all of this. Anyway...

You now have 49 (and a half) correct answers.

Question again: Who was my other (half) favorite DC characters (at the time I made the list of 50)

1) Superman
2) Superboy
3) Supergirl
4) Saturn Girl
5) Lightning Lad
6) Phantom Girl
7) Ultra Boy
8) Dream Girl
9) Laurel Gand
10) Amanda Waller
11) Rick Flagg
12) Hourman (Rex)
13) John Stewart
14) Hal Jordan
16) Martian Manhunter
17) Wally West
18) Bruce Wayne
19) Barry Allen
20) Booster Gold
21) Dick Grayson
22) Ray Palmer
23) Plastic Man
24) Black Lightning
25) Jim Gordon
26) Invisible Kid (Lyle)
27) Gates
28) Captain Atom
29) Brainiac 5
30) Matter-Eater Lad
31) Donna Troy
32) Catwoman
33) Bart Allen
34) Linda Park
35) Nightshade
36) Emerald Empress
37) Kyle Rayner
38) Liberty Belle
39) Mon-El
40) Ambush Bug
41) Lana Lang
42) Pa Kent
43) Vril Dox
44) Captain Cold
45) Maxwell Lord
46)Two-Face
47) Animal Man
48) Deadshot
49) Phantom Stranger
Sort of) Manhunter - which one?

Hints
male.
# I discovered through the Suicide Squad – 1 (also had his own series also written by John Ostrander)
No worries Xben, after all mine was a late edit smile

Mark Shaw?
And that's it! You're up, IB. Thanks for playing. (And you, Thoth Lad).
Thanks for the fun question too, Xben! I really enjoyed that, and your helpful hints were very helpful indeed.

Interesting list of characters too.

Okay, let's see...

I can only remember two comic books that have made me cry. Which ones?

1) Crisis on Infinite Earths 7 (death of Supergirl)
2) Legion Lost 11 (death of Monstress)
3) Identity Crisis 1 (death of Sue Dibny)
4) Crisis on Infinite Earths 8 (death of Barry Allen)
5) Legion of Super-Heroes v4 83 (death of Leviathan)
6) Adventure Comics 304 (death of Lightning Lad)
7) Superman v2 75 (death of Superman)
8) LSH v4 5 (death of Karate Kid)
9) Legion Lost 12 (death of Live Wire)
10) Justice League Europe 35 (death of Silver Sorceress)
11) JLTF 14 (death of Ice)
12) Green Lantern v3 50 (death of Kilowog)
10) Justice League Europe 35 (death of Silver Sorceress)
Not the correct combination. Silver Sorceress' death didn't make me cry; it was sad, but she hadn't really been that well-developed in the comics.
1) & 11) - Not Crisis 12 for the death of you know who?
I became a fan of Kole after a few rereads, by then the shock of her death was gone and replaced by a bittersweet feeling of dread tongue

1 and 11 not correct combination. Ice's death was poorly done IMO and the buildup included her inexplicably turning on her friends and becoming a killer...

I can only remember two comic books that have made me cry. Which ones?

3) Identity Crisis 1 (death of Sue Dibny)
4) Crisis on Infinite Earths 8 (death of Barry Allen)
5) Legion of Super-Heroes v4 83 (death of Leviathan)
6) Adventure Comics 304 (death of Lightning Lad)
7) Superman v2 75 (death of Superman)
8) LSH v4 5 (death of Karate Kid)
12) Green Lantern v3 50 (death of Kilowog)
Not the correct combination.

I don't know why, I was horrified at Supergirl's death, but didn't quite cry. First time I read COIE I was not all that familiar with her yet. I did feel bad though.

Successive readings tugged at my heartstrings more, but I don't quite remember crying.
Hint time: the answer is more obvious than you might think.
Correct! Legion Lost was quite the whammy for me. I never cried for other Legionnaire deaths like Lightning Lad or Leviathan or Karate Kid. But the emotional buildup of Legion Lost was too much.

Over to you Xben
I find that story packed the punch as well, although I don't think I cried (I did when Supergirl died, more for how it was done rather than because of real attachment to the character).

OK, where am I right now?
a. At home
b. In a cafe, having a cup of coffee
c. In a bookstore, which also has a cafe in it
d. At a hotel
e. At an airport
f. At a convention centre
g. At a library
h. At a friend's house
i. At my wife's university
j. At my workplace
k. At church (which also has a cafe in it)
l. Waiting for a bus, using up my phone's data limits

Obviously, the answer will stay the same even if I'm not in this place anymore when it's guessed
Supergirl's death was very well done indeed. I'm actually surprised that I don't remember having cried reading it.

e. At an airport
Well, you got it right off the bat, IB. I was in the Brisbane airport, waiting for my flight to Townsville. Now I'm sitting in a hotel lobby in Townsville, waiting for my room to be ready.
Lucky guess, I thought "home" was too obvious and airport seemed the most likely choice given the hour at which you posted.

Have a pleasant trip Xben!

I recently read a couple of articles (from different authors) on hardest/most difficult countries to enter. These countries have tough visa policies (though as a Philippine passport holder, even entering the USA or European Union is tough for me!), may be dangerous, and are fairly hard to reach via conventional travel methods.

Which 2 of these countries would I definitely like to visit?

a) Libya
b) Nauru
c) Somalia
d) Afghanistan
e) Russia
f) Uzbekistan
g) Sudan
h) Eritrea
i) Equatorial Guinea
j) Kiribati
k) Chad
l) Saudi Arabia

Here are the 2 articles:

by Albert Podell

by Gunnar Garfors

As a hint, these countries were also listed and I am definite I want to visit them: Bhutan, Turkmenistan, Pakistan.
d) Afghanistan
f) Uzbekistan
One of them is right! I do want Uzbekistan for the amazing ancient Silk Road cities. Samarkand, Bukhara, Khiva... sigh. I get shivers.
f) Uzbekistan
l) Saudi Arabia
Not Saudi. I am not particularly interested in seeing Mecca and I visited the desert in Dubai already.
f) Uzbekistan
j) Kiribati
While Kiribati is supposed to have some nice beaches and has one of the largest marine protected areas in the world (The Phoenix Islands have UNESCO Heritage status!), we also have a lot of nice beaches in the Philippines. So beaches are not a major travel draw for me.

Lucky guess, I thought "home" was too obvious and airport seemed the most likely choice given the hour at which you posted.

Have a pleasant trip Xben!

I recently read a couple of articles (from different authors) on hardest/most difficult countries to enter. These countries have tough visa policies (though as a Philippine passport holder, even entering the USA or European Union is tough for me!), may be dangerous, and are fairly hard to reach via conventional travel methods.

a) Libya
b) Nauru
c) Somalia
d) Afghanistan
e) Russia
f) Uzbekistan (correct!)
g) Sudan
h) Eritrea
i) Equatorial Guinea
j) Kiribati
k) Chad
l) Saudi Arabia

Here are the 2 articles:

by Albert Podell

by Gunnar Garfors

As a hint, these countries were also listed and I am definite I want to visit them: Bhutan, Turkmenistan, Pakistan.
b) Nauru
f) Uzbekistan
Not Nauru, which some have described as the most boring country in the world. It is an island but does not have nice beaches smile and can be driven around in an hour
f) Uzbekistan
g) Sudan
Not Sudan. It has pyramids and the Sahara, both of which I can see in safer countries like Egypt.
a) Libya
f) Uzbekistan
Not Libya. It's a bit too dangerous for me, even though it does contain some beautiful Roman ruins I can see those elsewhere.

c) Somalia
e) Russia
f) Uzbekistan (correct!)
h) Eritrea
i) Equatorial Guinea
k) Chad

Here are the 2 articles:

by Albert Podell

by Gunnar Garfors

I have almost forgotten the second correct answer!

Almost...
Does IB even remember the answer three years later? wink

Chad?
what a pleasant surprise, seeing this thread bumped up!

unfortunately, the second country wasn’t Chad. Chad has some nice lakes and contains part of the Sahara, but I’d much rather see Mali (with Timbuktu or the Bandiagara Escarpment) or Niger (and its ancient trading cities) than Chad
Oh I misread the question! haha I thought it was just "hardest countries to enter" and not "ones that you also wanted to visit".

Ummm Russia is a big enough country that surely there's something in there you want to see!
P.S. I secretly bumped this thread because I have a question about myself I want to ask. grin
Ooh, does that question have something to do with recent romantic developments? wink
Originally Posted by Blacula
Oh I misread the question! haha I thought it was just "hardest countries to enter" and not "ones that you also wanted to visit".

Ummm Russia is a big enough country that surely there's something in there you want to see!

And you're right! Russia is the second one of the countries on the list that I want to visit. It's distinct from the others, has a lot of history and pretty architecture, and is COLD! Many of the others on that list, while distinct, aren't distinct ENOUGH for me. I mean, Somalia, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea... not that much differentiates them from one another, in global terms.

Over to you, Blacula!
Ooh, does that question have something to do with recent romantic developments? wink

haha No. Everyone already knows that romance dies after marriage. frown wink

---

Q: I recently bought my first house. Which of these streets do I live on that also shares a name with a legendary DC Comics creator?

1. Aparo Grove
2. Breyfogle Crescent
3. Colan Corner
4. Conway Circle
5. Didio Swamp
6. Dillin Terrace
7. Giordano Boulevard
8. Grell Crossing
9. Haney Drive
10. Infantino Avenue
11. Johns Way
12. Jurgens Plaza
13. Kahn Brook
14. Kanigher Row
15. Kubert Street
16. Morrison Path
17. Ordway Road
18. Ostrander Square
19. Perez Place
20. Rozakis Gardens
21. Schwartz Landing
22. Swan Hill
23. Wein Mill
24. Weisinger Divide
25. Wolfman Lane
19. Perez Place?

haha No. Everyone already knows that romance dies after marriage. frown wink

---

I would laugh if this didn't make me want to cry a bit wink

Congratulations on the house by the way!
Q: I recently bought my first house. Which of these streets do I live on that also shares a name with a legendary DC Comics creator?

1. Aparo Grove
2. Breyfogle Crescent
3. Colan Corner
4. Conway Circle
5. Didio Swamp
6. Dillin Terrace
7. Giordano Boulevard
8. Grell Crossing
9. Haney Drive
10. Infantino Avenue
11. Johns Way
12. Jurgens Plaza
13. Kahn Brook
14. Kanigher Row
15. Kubert Street
16. Morrison Path
17. Ordway Road
18. Ostrander Square
19. Perez Place
20. Rozakis Gardens
21. Schwartz Landing
22. Swan Hill
23. Wein Mill
24. Weisinger Divide
25. Wolfman Lane
10. Infantino Avenue
(I wonder how many of these actually exist!)
It would be great to live on a street with a Legion connection.

Swan Hill
I made all of them up except for the real one but chances are that I accidentally made up another real one too.

And yes, the DC connection is one of my favourite things about the street!

---

1. Aparo Grove
2. Breyfogle Crescent
3. Colan Corner
4. Conway Circle
5. Didio Swamp
6. Dillin Terrace
7. Giordano Boulevard
8. Grell Crossing
9. Haney Drive
10. Infantino Avenue
11. Johns Way
12. Jurgens Plaza
13. Kahn Brook
14. Kanigher Row
15. Kubert Street
16. Morrison Path
17. Ordway Road
18. Ostrander Square
19. Perez Place
20. Rozakis Gardens
21. Schwartz Landing
22. Swan Hill
23. Wein Mill
24. Weisinger Divide
25. Wolfman Lane
12. Jurgens Plaza
I'd love it to be Weisinger Divide, but my guess is Wolfman Lane
Woflman Lane. I wonder if everyone living on it is super hairy.

It occurs to me I could figure out the correct answer simply by searching for everything on Google Maps tongue but it is more fun to just guess
I sort of just assigned each creator and street name randomly, except for one which I matched with the most appropriate name I could think of. See if you can spot it. wink

---

1. Aparo Grove
2. Breyfogle Crescent
3. Colan Corner
4. Conway Circle
5. Didio Swamp
6. Dillin Terrace
7. Giordano Boulevard
8. Grell Crossing
9. Haney Drive
10. Infantino Avenue
11. Johns Way
12. Jurgens Plaza
13. Kahn Brook
14. Kanigher Row
15. Kubert Street
16. Morrison Path
17. Ordway Road
18. Ostrander Square
19. Perez Place
20. Rozakis Gardens
21. Schwartz Landing
22. Swan Hill
23. Wein Mill
24. Weisinger Divide
25. Wolfman Lane
I'll go with Ostrander Square. That sounds quite nice.
I sort of just assigned each creator and street name randomly, except for one which I matched with the most appropriate name I could think of. See if you can spot it. wink

---

Didio Swamp? wink which is NOT my guess for the actual question, by the way tongue

Perhaps you live on 11. Johns Way?
My lips are sealed IB. wink

---

1. Aparo Grove
2. Breyfogle Crescent
3. Colan Corner
4. Conway Circle
5. Didio Swamp
6. Dillin Terrace
7. Giordano Boulevard
8. Grell Crossing
9. Haney Drive
10. Infantino Avenue
11. Johns Way
12. Jurgens Plaza
13. Kahn Brook
14. Kanigher Row
15. Kubert Street
16. Morrison Path
17. Ordway Road
18. Ostrander Square
19. Perez Place
20. Rozakis Gardens
21. Schwartz Landing
22. Swan Hill
23. Wein Mill
24. Weisinger Divide
25. Wolfman Lane
9. Haney Drive?

*Googles Blacula's location to see if he might actually be living in a swamp... :p*
I live on Haney Drive!

Which isn't named after, but obviously does share a name with, the amazing DC writer... Bob Haney!

And just imagine how dull the DC Universe would be without his diverse and long-lasting contributions:

Aquagirl!
B'wana Beast!
Black Manta!
Cain & Abel!
Copperhead!
Count Vertigo!
Ding Dong Daddy!
Donna Troy!
The Doom Patrol!
Easy Company!
Eclipso!
Element Girl!
Enchantress!
Gnarrk!
Hellgrammite!
General Immortus!
The Mad Mod!
Metamorpho!
Mister Twister!
Negative Man!
Ocean Master!
The Super-Sons!
The Teen Titans!
Time Commander!
Vulko!

... and many others!

Your Q IB.
wow, I have a new appreciation for Bob Haney! new Q up soon
Which of these countries have I not visited since beginning my studies in Europe?

a) Iceland
b) Andorra
c) Switzerland
d) Spain
e) Germany
f) Austria
g) Philippines
h) Qatar
i) United States of America
j) Czech Republic
k) Portugal
l) Hungary
m) Belgium
n) Netherlands
USA?
nope. Blaze and I met Quis and Jfposey last year
Philippines?
nope, i was home for the holidays
Andorra because it's so small you might have walked right past it?
nope, I spent a weekend in Andorra, despite its small size. went there on a ski trip but didn’t ski. instead, I played in the snow and stayed in a hot tub, and had a nice dinner and went drinking smile
Which of these countries have I not visited since beginning my studies in Europe?

a) Iceland
b) Andorra
c) Switzerland
d) Spain
e) Germany
f) Austria
g) Philippines
h) Qatar
j) Czech Republic
k) Portugal
l) Hungary
m) Belgium
n) Netherlands
Iceland?
Nope. Had a layover at the airport in Iceland on the way to Boston. I had visited Iceland once more before that, so I was able to guide my friends around the airport. All four of my companions were first-timers.

a) Iceland
b) Andorra

c) Switzerland
d) Spain
e) Germany
f) Austria
g) Philippines
h) Qatar
j) Czech Republic
k) Portugal
l) Hungary
m) Belgium
n) Netherlands
Hungary?
nope, went there with Blaze for winter break

a) Iceland
b) Andorra

c) Switzerland
d) Spain
e) Germany
f) Austria
g) Philippines
h) Qatar
j) Czech Republic
k) Portugal
l) Hungary
m) Belgium
n) Netherlands
It’s great that you’ve seen so many countries during your time there. I lived in London for eight years and only went on one European trip. frown

Portugal?
you got it! I have never been to Portugal. While I was in Spain, I visited Andorra and traveled around Spain itself, but not to neighboring Portugal

Blaze and I spent a long weekend in Belgium. I had conferences and interviews in Netherlands and Switzerland. Germany was very close to the Swiss border so I hopped over for a bit. Qatar was a layover on my way back home. Czech Republic and Austria were visited on the same trip as Hungary

Part of it is knowing that I might not stay here forever. But I do have classmates who took that to the extreme, traveling outside France every month and running out of money... I was more conservative, which gives me a healthier financial situation
What TV show (that I never normally watch/used to watch) was on in the background when I happily discovered that my guess of "Portugal" was correct?

1. 21 Jump Street
2. Beastmaster
3. The Commish
4. The Greatest American Hero
5. Hercules: The Legendary Journeys
6. Hill Street Blues
7. JAG
8. Maverick
9. Numb3rs
10. NYPD Blue
11. Rawhide
12. Sheena
13. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
14. Star Trek: Enterprise
15. Star Trek: The Next Generation
16. Star Trek: The Original Series
17. Star Trek: Voyager
18. Tarzan
19. Wiseguy
20. Xena: Warrior Princess
Hercules: The Legendary Journeys?
Nope.

---

What TV show (that I never normally watch/used to watch) was on in the background when I happily discovered that my guess of "Portugal" was correct?

1. 21 Jump Street
2. Beastmaster
3. The Commish
6. Hill Street Blues
7. JAG
8. Maverick
9. Numb3rs
10. NYPD Blue
11. Rawhide
12. Sheena
18. Tarzan
19. Wiseguy
11. Rawhide?
Nope again. Although both are shows I never really watched. Rawhide was a bit before my time and I don't remember it getting repeats in either of the countries I grew up in; and Hercules was a bit too kiddie and cheesy for me at the age I was when it first aired.

---

1. 21 Jump Street
2. Beastmaster
3. The Commish
6. Hill Street Blues
7. JAG
8. Maverick
9. Numb3rs
10. NYPD Blue
11. Rawhide
12. Sheena
18. Tarzan
19. Wiseguy
9. Numb3rs
1. 21 Jump Street
Nope again again. I'm terrible at maths so Numb3rs looked triggering to me. haha I remember quite enjoying 21 Jump Street in its first season but I was probably slightly too young for it at the time so probably wasn't picking up all of its nuances, and I don't remember anything about it now.

1. 21 Jump Street
2. Beastmaster
3. The Commish
6. Hill Street Blues
7. JAG
8. Maverick
9. Numb3rs
10. NYPD Blue
11. Rawhide
12. Sheena
18. Tarzan
19. Wiseguy
hmmm

I’m horrid at math too tongue
17. Star Trek: Voyage
Neither of those two but it's true that I never really got into those shows either. When I was very young I watched quite a lot of Star Trek: The Original Series but in the war between the fandoms of Star Trek and Star Wars, I am definitely in the latter camp.

---

1. 21 Jump Street
2. Beastmaster
3. The Commish
6. Hill Street Blues
7. JAG
8. Maverick
9. Numb3rs
10. NYPD Blue
11. Rawhide
12. Sheena
18. Tarzan
19. Wiseguy
Was that a clue? tongue

NYPD Blue
GAH! I thought I updated this thread a few days ago but now realise I must have clicked 'Preview Reply' instead of 'Post Reply'. Sorry about the delay. And welcome PB!

Both wrong answers though. I watched both of those shows when I was young; the answer is a show I didn't normally watch/used to watch.

---

1. 21 Jump Street
2. Beastmaster
3. The Commish
6. Hill Street Blues
7. JAG
8. Maverick
9. Numb3rs
10. NYPD Blue
11. Rawhide
12. Sheena
18. Tarzan
19. Wiseguy
Also, my apologies: I realise how boring this question is haha and how it doesn't really fulfill the requirements of the game (which is more or less to 'Get to Know a Legion Worlder').

So since it won't affect the results so far, I'm going to change the question to:

Which of the following TV shows was one of, if not THE, first shows I ever watched on TV, and I think the only one to air in Zambia where I grew up?

1. 21 Jump Street
2. Beastmaster
3. The Commish
6. Hill Street Blues
7. JAG
8. Maverick
9. Numb3rs
10. NYPD Blue
11. Rawhide
12. Sheena
18. Tarzan
19. Wiseguy
2. Beastmaster ?

I still find it super cool that you grew up in Zambia. It’s on my travel wish list
18. Tarzan
8. Maverick
Not Beastmaster. I never even knew that was a TV show until I was compiling options for this question (which all currently air on the US channel 'Heroes and Icons' by the way).
Not Tarzan. Although now that I think about it, I think that show probably did air in Zambia because my Mum and Dad seemed to be aware of it, though it was before my time.
Not Maverick. I've never seen that show aired in any of the other countries I've lived in. I had never even heard of it until the Mel Gibson movie.

---

Which of the following TV shows was one of, if not THE, first shows I ever watched on TV, and I think the only one to air in Zambia where I grew up?

1. 21 Jump Street
2. Beastmaster
3. The Commish
6. Hill Street Blues
7. JAG
8. Maverick
9. Numb3rs
10. NYPD Blue
11. Rawhide
12. Sheena
18. Tarzan
19. Wiseguy
I still find it super cool that you grew up in Zambia. It’s on my travel wish list

It feels like a lifetime ago IB. But I definitely recommend it for a visit. Wonderful wildlife and natural landscapes.
Yeah, I want to go for the wildlife and for Victoria Falls smile
7. JAG
Nope. I think I was in high school by the time JAG came out.

---

1. 21 Jump Street
2. Beastmaster

3. The Commish
6. Hill Street Blues
7. JAG
8. Maverick
9. Numb3rs
10. NYPD Blue
11. Rawhide

12. Sheena
18. Tarzan

19. Wiseguy
I have no idea about the "age" of most of these shows smile I have little knowledge of television in general.

13. ST: Deep Space Nine
12. Sheena
IB: Was that because you didn't watch much TV growing up or because the Philippines didn't get many international TV shows (like Zambia didn't)?

Not Xena (although that WAS the show I was half-watching when I saw that I got the previous question right so you get sentimental points for that!).
And not ST:DS9 or Sheena, both of which I don't think I've seen more than one or two episodes of.

---

1. 21 Jump Street
2. Beastmaster

3. The Commish
6. Hill Street Blues
7. JAG
8. Maverick
9. Numb3rs
10. NYPD Blue
11. Rawhide
12. Sheena

18. Tarzan

19. Wiseguy
^ Yes! And the great theme song has stuck in my head ever since!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb4C7vSByMM

Now let's find out something about you PB!
I love how this thread brought Blacula, Power Boy and SharkLad back!
Who knew a TV show I watched 35 years ago would be so uniting?!
Alright ... sticking with tv shows ...

My hands down favorite tv show when I was a young kid:

1. Wonder Woman
2. Super Friends
3. Knight Rider
4. Different Strokes
5. Charlie's Angels
6. A Team
7. Magnum PI
8. Who's the Boss
9. Moonlighting
10. Star Trek TOS
11. Star Trek TNG
12. Air Wolf
13. The Love Boat
14. Murphy Brown
15. Murder She Wrote
16. Quantum Leap
17. Bosom Buddies

I love how this thread brought Blacula, Power Boy and SharkLad back!

laugh
Ooh some good shows on that list PB! Some of my youthful favorites too!

I think...

2. Super Friends

... is what got me into DC comics so I'll guess that one for you too.
Not exactly but, that was definitely a high light of childhood!
Alright ... sticking with tv shows ...

My hands down favorite tv show when I was a young kid:

1. Wonder Woman
2. Super Friends
3. Knight Rider
4. Different Strokes
5. Charlie's Angels
6. A Team
7. Magnum PI
8. Who's the Boss
9. Moonlighting
10. Star Trek TOS
11. Star Trek TNG
12. Air Wolf
13. The Love Boat
14. Murphy Brown
15. Murder She Wrote
16. Quantum Leap
17. Bosom Buddies
I'll guess 5. Charlie's Angels
One of the many reasons I was a big fan of TV shows from the '70s and '80s is that so many of them had good intro theme songs. I've already mentioned The Greatest American Hero's but the Super Friends also had a great one and so did my next guess:

15. Murder She Wrote

I never fail to bop my head along to that jingle when it comes on.
IB has it already. My family used to call the Charlie's Angels my girlfriends because I was so obsessed with the show I had to watch it in another room by myself.

I still read spy novels!

Murder She Wrote is pretty good too and I think holds up better over time. However, She really was bad luck or something,

"According to the BBC, the small coastal town had about 5.3 murders every year. That would make the murder rate for the town of 3,560 people about 1,490 murders per million people. That's 60 percent higher than Honduras, where a violent death occurs every 74 minutes."

OVER TO YOU IB!
That's cute, Peebz! Did you do the Angels pose?

Murder She Wrote was great, too. In general I like these murder mystery series. But yeah, having so many murders in such a small town defied belief...
Which landmark have I not yet visited since coming to Europe?

A. Notre Dame Cathedral
B. Île de la Cité
C. Père-Lachaise Cemetery
D. Jardin du Luxembourg
E. The Louvre
F. The Eiffel Tower
G. The Sagrada Familia
H. Sacré-Cœur Basilica
I. The Monastery at Montserrat
J. Sedlec Ossuary
K. Chamrousse ski area
L.The Ramparts of Provins
M. The Three Towers of Ghent
N. Don Luis Bridge
O. Chartres Cathedral
P. The Paris Catacombs
Q. Schonbrunn Palace
R. Fisherman's Bastion
S. Belem Tower
T. The Canals of Amsterdam
U. Château de Chantilly
V. Prague Castle Complex
W. Palacio Real de Madrid
X. Fine Arts Museum of Lille
Y. Château de Versailles
Z. Château de Chillon
Going with the obvious one that people should see.

F. The Eiffel Tower
I feel so uncultured that I haven’t heard of half of them.

Don't be, Blacula. Many of these, I only heard about once I moved to Europe. Blaze and I would look for things to do on weekends or on breaks.

I have a pretty cool pic taken at the Monastery of Montserrat, a short train ride away from Barcelona. It's on top of a peak, and the views are gorgeous.

As for the Eiffel Tower, while I haven't gone up to the top, I have visited quite a few times. Blaze and I spent New Year's Eve there... then had to run back to our hotel as it was too cold for us.

A. Notre Dame Cathedral
B. Île de la Cité
D. Jardin du Luxembourg
E. The Louvre
F. The Eiffel Tower
G. The Sagrada Familia
H. Sacré-Cœur Basilica
J. Sedlec Ossuary
K. Chamrousse ski area
N. Don Luis Bridge
O. Chartres Cathedral
P. The Paris Catacombs
Q. Schonbrunn Palace
R. Fisherman's Bastion
S. Belem Tower
U. Château de Chantilly
V. Prague Castle Complex
Y. Château de Versailles
Z. Château de Chillon
I'll say the Louvre because that requires commitment to see everything.

E. The Louvre
Three towers of Ghent
Z. Château de Chillon because how many chateaus does one person really need to see?

thoth lad, I beat you by 2 minutes on this guess.
I've been to the Louvre twice now. Haven't seen everything, but I've seen enough. Once, was through a scavenger hunt type tour, so I got to see the highlights without exploring the entire museum.

Sadly, despite two of you guessing the Three Towers of Ghent, I have seen them. The so-called Three Towers are the St. Nicolas' Church, Bel-fort Tower and St. Bavon's Cathedral. From the bridge at St. Michael's Cathedral, you get a nice view of all three

Although I agree with Blacula, that after a while, chateaux tend to look alike, Chateau de Chillon is special. Located in Montreux, Switzerland, it was the inspiration for Prince Eric's castle in Disney's the Little Mermaid.

A. Notre Dame Cathedral
B. Île de la Cité
D. Jardin du Luxembourg
E. The Louvre
F. The Eiffel Tower

G. The Sagrada Familia
H. Sacré-Cœur Basilica
J. Sedlec Ossuary
K. Chamrousse ski area
N. Don Luis Bridge
O. Chartres Cathedral
P. The Paris Catacombs
Q. Schonbrunn Palace
R. Fisherman's Bastion
S. Belem Tower
U. Château de Chantilly
V. Prague Castle Complex
Y. Château de Versailles
Z. Château de Chillon
P. The Paris Catacombs because you’re a scaredy-cat?
Originally Posted by Quislet, Esq

thoth lad, I beat you by 2 minutes on this guess.

Well there are three church towers, maybe your tower was one he'd visited and mine wasn't tongue

bah... sniped again....

Prague castle complex
Ding ding ding! I haven't gone to the Catacombs yet. Not because I'm scared, but because the line is so gosh-darned long! Wait time can be up to 3 hours. Blaze and I tried to go twice this summer, but the long wait time + the horrible heat wave drove us off. I'm planning to go in October, perhaps for Halloween, when the lines are shorter (because summer vacation is over and it's the relatively lean season for tourists).

Although, I've been to the Sedlec Ossuary, which also has some interesting displays of human bones. Arguably, the Ossuary is better as the bones are shaped into emblems and chandeliers,among others.

Makes the Paris Catacombs' "art" seem amateurish in comparison.

Quick rundown of the other choices (without links because I'm lazy):

In Paris:

A. Notre Dame Cathedral
B. Île de la Cité - this is the island in the Seine which the Notre Dame Cathedral stands on
C. Père-Lachaise Cemetery - beautifully decorated cemetery in the southern part of Paris
D. Jardin du Luxembourg - often filled with joggers...
E. The Louvre
F. The Eiffel Tower
H. Sacré-Cœur Basilica - in the north of Paris, on a hill overlooking the city. great views!
P. The Paris Catacombs

Day trips from Paris:

L.The Ramparts of Provins - lovely little quiet town up in the mountains
O. Chartres Cathedral - also has a beautiful river
U. Château de Chantilly - second largest art collection in France; home of the famous Chantilly cream
X. Fine Arts Museum of Lille - I went there for pride! Lille is a city in northeastern France
Y. Château de Versailles - I used to live a short train ride from Versailles. It's really worth a trip.

Elsewhere in France:

K. Chamrousse ski area - lovely ski resort in eastern France. Was quite a drive there...

In (or near) Barcelona:

G. The Sagrada Familia

Elsewhere in Europe:

J. Sedlec Ossuary- near Prague (about 1 hour by train)
M. The Three Towers of Ghent - in Ghent, Belgium (about 1 hour by train from Brussels)
N. Don Luis Bridge - in Porto, Portugal
Q. Schonbrunn Palace - in Vienna
R. Fisherman's Bastion - in Budapest
S. Belem Tower - in Lisbon
T. The Canals of Amsterdam - Amsterdam, duh
V. Prague Castle Complex - in Prague
W. Palacio Real de Madrid - in Madrid, duh
Z. Château de Chillon - in Montreux, Switzerland
^ It's great to see you making so many memories during your time in Europe IB!

---

OK, for those of you who are living under rocks and haven't either read the excellent book series, A Song of Ice and Fire, or watched the excellent TV series that it was turned into, A Game of Thrones, one of the key concepts of its world is that various minor noble families swear allegiance to other more powerful noble families (for protection and favors and so on).

My real-life surname has been named in the books as also that of one of the minor noble houses in Westeros, meaning that if the real-life me were a character in that world (and don't I sometimes like to day-dream that I am!) I would be duty-sworn to one of the more powerful great houses in it.

Which one?

(NOTE: Many houses shift allegiances during the course of the series so for the purposes of this question, I am just asking for my family's allegiance at the start of the first book, A Game of Thrones.)

House Targaryen
House Stark
House Lannister
House Arryn
House Tully
House Greyjoy
House Baratheon
House Tyrell
House Martell
The paris catacombs are extremely creepy. I can't believe Ive actually been and did not freak out.

Re: Blacula's question

House Stark
^ It's great to see you making so many memories during your time in Europe IB!

Thanks, Blacula! Considering how easy it is to get around, and how small many of the countries are, it seemed a shame not to!

Originally Posted by Power Boy
The paris catacombs are extremely creepy. I can't believe Ive actually been and did not freak out.

That makes me want to go even more! For that matter, the Catacombs are underground while the Sedlec Ossuary was aboveground...

OK, for those of you who are living under rocks and haven't either read the excellent book series, A Song of Ice and Fire, or watched the excellent TV series that it was turned into, A Game of Thrones, one of the key concepts of its world is that various minor noble families swear allegiance to other more powerful noble families (for protection and favors and so on).

My real-life surname has been named in the books as also that of one of the minor noble houses in Westeros, meaning that if the real-life me were a character in that world (and don't I sometimes like to day-dream that I am!) I would be duty-sworn to one of the more powerful great houses in it.

Which one?

(NOTE: Many houses shift allegiances during the course of the series so for the purposes of this question, I am just asking for my family's allegiance at the start of the first book, A Game of Thrones.)

House Targaryen
House Stark
House Lannister
House Arryn
House Tully
House Greyjoy
House Baratheon
House Tyrell
House Martell

Eek! I know your real-life surname (well, I know your Facebook surname :p), but my knowledge of the series isn't that extensive. Most of it comes from watching Blaze while he's watching Game of Thrones tongue

I'll guess House Lannister
House Baratheon
Ours is the Fury

... are the words of House Baratheon and since the words of House Cave (my House) haven’t been revealed in the books, I’ll adopt them for now.

So Quis got it right!

I’ll note though that the area where my family lives is traditionally House Targaryen land, so if and when the last Targaryen (Daenerys Stormborn) returns to Westeros (in the books) my family might revert their allegiance to her. I’ll let you know what we decide. wink

And here’s the (rather bare frown ) wiki page for my House:

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Cave

Over to Quis.
In a couple of Sundays, I'll be taking one of my great nieces and one of my great nephews on an outing (the others are either too old or had an outing already) What are we going to do?

1) Go to the Museum of Science
2) Go to the New England Aquarium
3) Go see Blue Man Group
4) Go hiking at the Flume in New Hampshire
5) Go to a Pawtucket Red Sox game
6) Go on a whale watch
7) Go to a Star Wars movie marathon
8) Go to a dog show
9) Go to the beach
10) Go to a local comic book convention
11) Go on a drive around Massachusetts
12) Go apple picking
2) Go to the New England Aquarium, because you've mentioned the aquarium a couple of times before. Hm, on the other hand, I have a feeling you've taken the kids here before already...
They all sound fun!

In the London one they have cockroach costumes they give the kids and they all run around on tours making a bunch of noise. its cute.
2) Go to the New England Aquarium, because you've mentioned the aquarium a couple of times before. Hm, on the other hand, I have a feeling you've taken the kids here before already...

Nope. But you are correct that I have taken them there before.

They all sound fun!

Nope. Maybe next year

Originally Posted by Power Boy

In the London one they have cockroach costumes they give the kids and they all run around on tours making a bunch of noise. its cute.

Nope. And I think they have been there a couple of times. My niece said she had a yearly pass for it.
9) Go to the beach
6) Go on a whale watch
Blacula has it.

I had suggested Blue Man Group, but my great nephew doesn't like going to the theater and in looking at asome Youtube clips thought it was too loud for him.

They then suggested the aquarium. I had taken them before. Plus I don't really like it. I agreed to it when I heard an ad for the whale watch. I checked the prices and thought "OK" I then put it to them whale watch or aquarium. They agreed to the whale watch.

Back to Blacula
I remember you speaking about the Blue Man Group before too!

A whale watch sounds cool. I've seen dolphins in the sea, but not yet whales. Or sharks.
We have sharks here too. A man was bitten on a beach on Cape Cod. Then at another beach a couple of towns over, people saw a shark killing a seal. They are saying that if you do see seals in the water, you should get out because they will attract sharks.
Oh dear.

That's one reason I prefer swimming pools to the beach. And at the beach, I don't venture out too far.
I have three dogs. What are their breeds?

A) 1 Whippet, 1 American Cocker Spaniel & 1 West Highland White Terrier.
B) 1 Welsh Springer Spaniel, 1 Doberman Pinscher & 1 unknown Mongrel.
C) 1 Alaunt, 1 Bullenbeisser & 1 St. Johns Water Dog.
D) 1 Cockapoo, 1 Golden Retriever & 1 Bichon Frise.
E) 1 Talbot, 1 Seskar Seal Dog & 1 Molossus.
F) 1 Aussiedoodle, 1 Jug & 1 Bichpoo.

G) 1 German Shepherd & 2 Rottweilers.
H) 1 Labrador Retriever & 2 Vizslas.
I) 1 Goldendoodle & 2 Yorkiepoos.
J) 1 Great Dane & 2 Chihuahuas.
K) 1 Maltipoo & 2 Chiweenies.
L) 1 Poodle & 2 Dalmatians.

M) 3 Staffordshire Bull Terriers.
N) 3 English Cocker Spaniels.
O) 3 Australian Cattle Dogs.
P) 3 Tibetan Mastiffs.
Q) 3 Welsh Corgis.
R) 3 St. Bernards.

S) I lied; I don't have any dogs.
S) You are dog free. However, you keep three doggie pictures in your wallet and have elaborate backstories for them all. This extends to making up multiple choice quiz questions where the answer is given that you have three dogs, while the real answer is this one. smile
Originally Posted by thoth lad
S) You are dog free. However, you keep three doggie pictures in your wallet and have elaborate backstories for them all. This extends to making up multiple choice quiz questions where the answer is given that you have three dogs, while the real answer is this one. smile

<sob> It's true! cry And while I'm confessing things, I've never read a comic in my life and if I had, it wouldn't be something as lame-sounding as a "Legion of Super-Heroes".
wink

P) 3 Tibetan Mastiffs.
Q) 3 Welsh Corgis.
R) 3 St. Bernards.

Originally Posted by thoth lad

<sob> It's true! cry And while I'm confessing things, I've never read a comic in my life and if I had, it wouldn't be something as lame-sounding as a "Legion of Super-Heroes".

Yes, we all know all your anecdotes and stories about the Legion are cobbled together from things you have read elsewhere wink especially about Leviathan. your voting patterns during all the Idol games were designed to maximize suspense in between rounds. (thanks for that by the way, made the games more fun, woohoo)
F) 1 Aussiedoodle, 1 Jug & 1 Bichpoo?
I was looking for a choice involving shih tzus wink they seem to be everywhere in Manila, for example. But they are rarer in Paris.

P) 3 Tibetan Mastiffs.
Q) 3 Welsh Corgis.
R) 3 St. Bernards.

---

IB: I thought Aussiedoodle, Jug and Bichpoo were all hilarious names for cross-breed dogs so that's why I added them to the list.

QE: Poodle and Dalmatians are on the list because they were dogs that neighbors of mine had at one point or another. I remember the first time my neighbor got the Poodle, my friend kept telling me about this big, vicious dog that lived down the street. I finally saw it and was like "That's just a f***in' Poodle!?" Little did I know that Poodles can be quite big and aggressive. My other neighbor's Dalmatians were strangely characterless dogs. Like I'm sure most people who saw the Disney film when they were young, I used to want one, but I'm glad I got to see them with another family first.
Q) 3 Welsh Corgis.
Oh, I was going to go for Quis' guess too. I just wanted confirmation they were dogs. If a Molossus form the Deep went on a rampage I'd not be surprised.

B)... the unknown doggie that melts your heart, or holds you hostage until to cave in and adopt it.
bump
Thanks QE! I've been spending too much time playing with my dogs instead of answering questions about them!

---

P) 3 Tibetan Mastiffs.
Q) 3 Welsh Corgis.
R) 3 St. Bernards.

---

IB: The Queen of England loves her Welsh Corgis, and they have a surprisingly large and active following on Reddit too, but I've never really wanted one. I typically prefer bigger dogs.

QE: I'm sorry to say that not only do I not own one of those dogs, no one else on Earth does either, because they are all extinct. frown

TL: That is exactly how all three of these dogs came into my possession, but I need you to be more specific.
I did put B) at the front of my ramble smile

P) 3 Tibetan Mastiffs.
Q) 3 Welsh Corgis.
R) 3 St. Bernards.

---

IB: No but people I knew growing up did have them. They have reputations for being among the most aggressive dogs in the world but they always seemed very friendly to me. I'll never forget having swims in my friends' pool be constantly interrupted by two large Rottweilers jumping in and trying to "save" me because they thought I was drowning.

TL: So you did! I thought it was a weird smiley face! Those were actually the dog breeds we had while I was growing up in Zambia! The Welsh Springer Spaniels were a little before my time so I don't really remember them but the Doberman Pinscher I remember being a bit scary and menacing, more so with strangers than with us. And the Mongrel was a cute fluffy dog that I remember us adopting as a stray and so was probably the first pet I considered 'mine', as opposed to one of the many animals that belonged (in a general sense) to the farm that I grew up on. Unfortunately she was hit by a car and died shortly before we left Zambia. cry

QE: Australian Cattle Dogs are an iconic and very popular Australian breed but I've never been particularly attracted to them.
love the commentary, Blacula smile I don’t know much about many of these dog breeds, so it’s particularly interesting for me

poor mongrel frown

Rottweilers trying to rescue you from drowning is adorable

one of our shih tzus used to like water. then when we wanted to get videos of him swimming, someone picked him up and threw him in the pool. he was surprised and I think has a bit of a fear of pools now

i’ll guess option N
P) 3 Tibetan Mastiffs.
Le Petit Bump, repeating my guess:

N) 3 English Cocker Spaniels

P) 3 Tibetan Mastiffs.
Q) 3 Welsh Corgis.

R) 3 St. Bernards.

---

IB: With seven wins since 1928, the English Cocker Spaniel is the most successful "Best in Show" dog breed at the famous 'Crufts' dog show in England, but I don't own any.

QE: Since only one Tibetan Mastiff sold for $1.9 million in 2014, I would have to be a very rich man indeed to own three of them! It is the most expensive dog breed in the world.

Oooh, who know Cocker Spaniels would rise above other dogs as a show dog?

Tibetan Mastiffs. Anything with Tibet in its name automatically sounds so exotic to me.

Regarding the Tibetan Mastiffs, wouldn't you get a discount for buying in bulk?

P) 3 Tibetan Mastiffs.
Q) 3 Welsh Corgis.

R) 3 St. Bernards.

---

IB: Those are three dogs that good friends of mine back in Perth have (or had until recently frown ). All are lovely dogs and lovely breeds.

QE: I doubt you'd get any discounts for Tibetan Mastiffs but you might for Staffordshire Bull Terriers. They have a reputation for being the most aggressive dogs in the world and I think are banned in some countries/states. I'm a firm believer that it's the owner, not the dog, who is responsible for its behavior, but I still don't think I would risk it with one of these dogs. I've seen very lovely ones out and about though.

Aw, re Bull Terriers. I've read some stories.

Poor dogs, they're such a joy but their life spans are so relatively short frown
R) 3 St. Bernards

P) 3 Tibetan Mastiffs.
Q) 3 Welsh Corgis.
R) 3 St. Bernards.

IB: I like the funny visual of having one of the largest and one of the smallest dog breeds in the world running around, but it's not my reality.

QE: I *love* St. Bernards and have always wanted to own one. They look so soft and cuddly and loyal and protective and good-natured. Unfortunately, I think they really belong in cold climate locales and I've always tended to live in hot ones. Also, I think they might need a lot of extra care? My brother's ex-girlfriend back in Perth had two of them and they were two of the sickest, mangiest-looking dogs I've ever seen. I don't know if it was the heat or just a poor diet and a lack of exercise but it put me off having one until I could commit myself fully to it. But if I ever move to the Swiss Alps I am so getting one.
C) 1 Alaunt, 1 Bullenbeisser & 1 St. Johns Water Dog. ?

P) 3 Tibetan Mastiffs.
Q) 3 Welsh Corgis.
R) 3 St. Bernards.

---

So funny that two of the last three options are actually the ones that have the most meaning to me.

IB: If I owned one of those dogs and didn't tell anyone about it, it would be very irresponsible of me; because, like some of the earlier dogs guessed, all three breeds are extinct. frown

QE: Those are the three most recent 'Best in Show' winners from the 'Crufts' dog show.
extinct dog breeds make me sad frown

I) 1 Goldendoodle & 2 Yorkiepoos

And if we are both wrong again, the very next person will get it.
bump

P) 3 Tibetan Mastiffs.
Q) 3 Welsh Corgis.
R) 3 St. Bernards.

---

IB: Speaking of sad, you've just named my three previous dogs who are all passed now. cry cry cry cry cry cry I had a wonderful golden Labrador Retriever named Simba (who was named before The Lion King came out and made the name ubiquitous, thank you very much!) all through my teenage years and early 20s and loved her very much. She had a good long life and passed of old age on my parents' farm thankfully. And when I was living in New York with my now husband we had two amazing Vizslas who were also wonderful but sadly passed away while I was back in Australia. They're becoming a popular breed now and it's easy to see why. Sleek, beautiful looks and very loyal and intelligent. I convinced my sister and her family to get one however and they seem to have gotten the most neurotic one in existence. smirk

QE: I just chose those three cross-breeds because their names sounded sorta funny.

So that means I now have:

1 Maltipoo & 2 Chiweenies.

I think you may have all resisted guessing these two breeds because I earlier mentioned that I don't normally like small dog breeds. And it's true, I don't... normally. But these three have made me a convert! Especially the Chiweenies! They're the best! They're like eternal puppies! So small and cute and playful! It's funny because I actually think the Chihuahua is a very ugly breed but crossing them with Dachshunds somehow produces an ultra-adorable offspring. All three of our dogs are rescues. The Chiweenies are brother and sister and were adopted from a very early age after they were found abandoned in the street as puppies. The Maltipoo was my sister-in-law's dog which we promised to look after for her after she died. I also love this dog but he makes it very difficult. He's a few years older than the other two and was very poorly trained. He is also super-protective of everyone else in the house but me! So almost every time I go near someone else in the house while he's around I get growled at... or worse! I am currently sporting a big red scab on my right arm from where he bit me the other day! frown The weird thing is that he's super loving and friendly when it's just me and the dogs in the house, but whenever anyone else is in, I become the enemy.

So those are my dogs. And you all failed to guess them! Off to puppy training school for all of you! wink
I'll guess: 1 Maltipoo & 2 Chiweenies.

Now. Do I go or should Blacula have another question?
ack! I definitely held off on guessing the right answer because I remembered you said you didn’t like smaller dogs. but yours sound adorable

as the originator of this thread / game, I vote Quis gets the next Q. he posted before I did, and the point of the game is to get to know our fellow posters
I'm not sure what the protocol has been in the past (and it surely must have happened sometime in the SEVEN threads this game has been going for) but I feel like, in the future, the questioner should get to go again, since no one correctly "guessed" the answer.

But since that question tired me out, and I'm actually a bit busy at the moment, I'm happy for you to take the next round Quis.
it’s cute that the Chiweenies were adopted abandoned siblings!

and also odd that the Maltipoo bites you. could he be... protecting you somehow? in a way that only makes sense to him?
OK. Lets keep the question be about dogs.

Which of these was not a family dog of mine?

1) Funny
2) Gretchen
3) Hannibal
4) Hobo
5) Pete
6) Pooch
7) Rocky
8) Tasha
9) Tuca
6) Pooch

Yay! More questions about dogs love

As an aside, too bad the most doglike Legion applicant, Cannus, was so bad. He ran away in fear during his tryout, in a test that involved a simulated villain attack. Cannus
Pooch was probably the best watchdog we ever had. People could walk by the house without her barking, but the second they stepped in to the yard, she would bark until one of us showed up. Then she would stop barking. She also like to lie on a patch of sunlight on the kitchen floor. When the patch moved, she would try to drag it back to where she had been lying.
good watchdog!

4) Hobo
Hobo was our second family dog. When the ice cream truck came around they would give him a Hoodsie (a small cup of vanilla and chocolate ice cream) Hobo came to expect it and soon would eat t and want another. He would leap into the window of the ice cream truck. Eventually the ice cream truck operator would serve all us kids, throw an unopened Hoodsie for Hobo, and then close the window as he drove off.
Aw, that's adorable. I didn't know dogs could eat ice cream though. The only sweets we give ours are bits of fruit. And fruit peelings, for those that like them.

3) Hannibal
Hannibal was a Husky mix with one blue eye and one brown eye. Unfortunately Hannibal broke his chain shortly after we got him and ran away. We never found him.
OK. Lets keep the question be about dogs.

Which of these was not a family dog of mine?

1) Funny
2) Gretchen
3) Hannibal
4) Hobo

5) Pete
6) Pooch
7) Rocky
8) Tasha
9) Tuca
7) Rocky?

poor lost Hanníbal
Rocky loved to play fetch. It was his raison d'etre. He was also deathly afraid of thunderstorms. We knew when one was coming when he started acting anxious. We would have to shut him up in the bathroom
One of my dogs is like that with thunderstorms. Another is like that with fireworks.

2) Gretchen?
Gretchen had a pure bred Irish setter for a mother and a Labradour mutt for a father. She looked like a Golden Retriever. Prior to Gretchen, we limited our dogs to the kitchen. But Gretchen needed to be with us and would not be trained to stay in the kitchen. We still had Pooch. At first Pooch was reluctant to come into the carpeted rooms, but we were like what the hell. However, at first Gretchen would drag Pooch back to the kitchen because dogs weren't allowed in the carpeted rooms.
Gretchen the police!

5) Pete
Pete was my first family dog. He actually preceded me in the family.
1) Funny?

Aw, Pete. If my mom had a dog that preceded me, I would be calling that dog "big brother" or"big sister"
Funny was a dog my sister had after she got married

Tasha was a small black and white Springer Spaniel. She would bark once when she wanted to come in and then wait. After 5 minutes, she would bark once again. She would also go down to my father's garden and dig herself up a carrot or two to eat.

Tuca was my father's last dog. When driving in the car, if she saw another dog, she would start barking and sound very vicious. She would not do that if she wasn't in the car.
Aw, these dogs are adorable. I like how all of them are real dogs.
Which country do Blaze and I both want to visit together for the first time?

A) Japan
B) Sri Lanka
C) Mongolia
D) Germany
E) Australia
F) USA
G) Maldives
H) Peru
I) Iceland
J) Iran
K) Madagascar
L) Myanmar
I) Iceland
I've been to Iceland before. And though Blaze thinks Iceland is pretty, it's not near the top of his travel list
Which country do Blaze and I both want to visit together for the first time? (i.e. neither of us has been before, and we both want to visit together)

A) Japan
B) Sri Lanka
C) Mongolia
D) Germany
E) Australia
F) USA
G) Maldives
H) Peru
I) Iceland
J) Iran
K) Madagascar
L) Myanmar
K) Madagascar
Nope. Madagascar is on my list, but not on Blaze's. He doesn't really care about lemurs or the Avenue of the Baobabs.

Which country do Blaze and I both want to visit together for the first time? (i.e. neither of us has been before, and we both want to visit together)

A) Japan
B) Sri Lanka
C) Mongolia
D) Germany
E) Australia
F) USA
G) Maldives
H) Peru
I) Iceland
J) Iran
K) Madagascar
L) Myanmar
Le petit bump
Australia? (Great place, but I may be slightly biased)
welcome to the game, stile86!

fortunately i already have been to Australia smile totally want to visit again though

A) Japan
B) Sri Lanka
C) Mongolia
D) Germany
E) Australia
F) USA
G) Maldives
H) Peru
I) Iceland
J) Iran
K) Madagascar
L) Myanmar
Japan?
alas no, I have been to Japan already. But Blaze has not.

B) Sri Lanka
C) Mongolia
D) Germany
F) USA
G) Maldives
H) Peru
J) Iran
L) Myanmar
Makes sense that this thread has died, considering Blaze and I have broken up too tongue
Sorry to hear that.
Thanks, stile86. I'm getting over it now. He did replace me with a 23 year old runway model...

And the guy I was dating here turned out to be 16 years older than me instead of only 6 years older. Not a problem. But then he texted me that he met his ex again, sparks flew, and now he wants to rekindle things with his ex instead...

I feel like this is the plot for a bad comedy movie. Adam Sandler could play smile
Love life can be crazy, hard, wonderful and terrible. Hang in there. You are worth it to yourself no matter what anyone else thinks.
thanks, stile86 smile very sweet of you to say. and all words of wisdom.
© Legion World