Roll Call
1 members (stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86), 35 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/03/24 08:13 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/03/24 08:11 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 05/03/24 08:10 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 05/03/24 08:07 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/03/24 07:20 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:58 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:54 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by razsolo - 05/03/24 06:53 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 20 1 2 18 19 20
Re: Young Avengers
Pov #782942 08/09/13 12:38 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
No comment on the latest issue's surprise kiss at the end? I thought for sure some of you guys would be going ape!

I say GOOD! Billy gets a continual "Bah!" from me, as he can be so whiny and selfish sometimes. The idea of Teddy and David should causes him some needed stress to get his priorities strait.

Meanwhile, love the appearance of Leah. Readers of Journey into Mystery know this has SERIOUS implications for Kid Loki.

Noh Var with a beard was cool.

Pov #782948 08/09/13 01:29 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
There's room for that kiss to be a symptom of something wonky going on. Noh-Var has been extra-special-nice to Teddy lately as well (for Noh-Var, anyway). I wonder if yet another of Billy's spells has gone awry, or perhaps if his doubts (fueled by Loki, who can be such an adorable little jerk) have caused other people to start finding Teddy irresistible...

I really, really don't like Billy's incompetence and self-confidence issues so consistently being the plot engine that drives this train (or him having reality manipulation powers *at all* since he and Wanda supposedly lost the bulk of them at the end of Children's Crusade). The entire point of this arc seems to be cleaning up after Billy's mistakes. That gets old. (and makes Billy come across as both bad and terribly selfish, as a character)

In other news, seeing Miss America Chavez form a star-shaped portal between worlds made me think of someone else whose power derived from a white star-shaped energy field, who also had what he called 'terribly generic powers' of super-strength, flight and toughness, Captain @%&$ from Nextwave: Agents of Hate. I wonder if America Chavez is another universes wielder of the Starheart?

One of my favorite things about the original Young Avengers crew was the fake-outs.

The 'Hulk legacy' was a Captain Marvel / Skrull legacy.
The 'Thor legacy' was a Scarlet Witch legacy.
The 'Hawkeye legacy' was, kinda / sorta, more of a Wasp legacy (socialite heiress self-made hero, instead of carny-criminal).
The 'Iron Man legacy' was Kang the Conqueror!!!

Chavez and Kid Loki and Noh-Var (and now possibly Prodigy), as much as I like them, don't really fit that mold, at least, as far as we've seen so far. Kid Loki, Prodigy and Noh-Var all have backstories done and done, leaving less to discover, IMO, and the discoveries with the original Young Avengers were part of the appeal, for me, leaving America Chavez the only one that has any real mystery to her.

Loving the experimental use of panels. The artist's style may not be the clean and detailed sort of work I prefer, being more Kitson and less Lee/Booth/Byrne/Jiminez/Portela/Manapul, but he's doing some amazingly fun stuff with his layouts.

I do kind of wish that Kate Bishop would remember that she's got the original Swordsman's sword lying around, filled with Makluan tech that lets it shoot fire blasts, force blasts, lightning blasts, etc. instead of using hand-me-downs from Noh-Var's ship...

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Pov #782958 08/09/13 05:31 PM
Magically Delicious
Magically Delicious
For me, this book is as much fun as comics have to offer right now. Regarding the Teddy-Prodigy kiss, there is definitely some groundwork being laid down leading up to it, and I am eager to see where it leads. God bless Kieron Gillen & Jamie McKelvey, this book makes me feel like I am a teenager reading fun comics again.

Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!
Pov #783052 08/10/13 04:45 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I don't think the kiss will end up being what people think. On the previous page, they were talking about no regrets if this was the end. I think Prodigy had never been kissed, and the last page was his way of fixing that, just in case.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
Spellbinder #783055 08/10/13 05:59 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally Posted by Spellbinder
I don't think the kiss will end up being what people think. On the previous page, they were talking about no regrets if this was the end. I think Prodigy had never been kissed, and the last page was his way of fixing that, just in case.

Attached Images SurgeKissedProdigy.jpg

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
Pov #783163 08/11/13 01:26 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Well then... Never mind smile

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
Pov #783166 08/11/13 02:00 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Still, he may have kissed a girl, but I'm sure Teddy is his first gay alien prince!

I mean, hanging out with the X-folk at stately X-manor, his bucket list has to have some strange stuff on it...

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Pov #788559 09/25/13 10:30 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
So this month's issue alludes to a villain team up including:

An adult Leah, the thing in the Patriot costume, Mother, and the following jilted exes: Meree and Oubliette the Exterminatrix from Marvel Boy, Noh-Varr's other ex Annie, and Ultimate Nullifer from the Vengeance miniseries. For some reason, the fake Patriot wants Kate, and they all have Teddy. I honestly was not expecting Meree.

Page 20 of 20 1 2 18 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,091
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Blind Poet
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Policy Pam
Policy Pam
Tartarus
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star