Roll Call
0 members (), 34 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/09/24 10:26 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/09/24 07:36 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/09/24 07:35 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 05/09/24 07:32 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 05/09/24 07:29 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 05/09/24 03:34 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Ann Hebistand - 05/09/24 03:29 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Supergirl #6
#510300 05/14/06 08:07 AM
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
<span style="font-size: 26px;"> W.T.F? </span>

I guess it's about time that I found out all about this Infinite Crisis malarky then.

Either that or just give up reading DC comics.

Any suggestions either way?
I bought the #1 of the comic and it made no sense at all. My local comic shop has numbers 3 - 7 , but no copy of 2, so it'll make even less sense.

I guess you've got to tie into it well before that with all the preludes - they seem to be coming out in graphic novels (trade paperbacks? sorry I'm not up on the jargon), so I've just ordered Prelude To Infinite Crisis and The Omac Prophesy from a book club that I'm a member of.

Only about another 10 or so to go by the looks of things.

Just so that I know what's going on in Supergirl .......

Hic!
Re: Supergirl #6
#510301 05/14/06 09:34 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Hey Numf.

I had no intention of geting the Crisis books. "They are going to totally re write everything AGAIN??...AAAAAAARGGH!!"

I wasn't that interested as the only "Mainstream" DC books I read are Green Arrow, (which I'm dropping) Hawkman (it's been going through a slump but WALT and HOWARD? WOW!) and, of course, THE FLASH - my all time favorite comic.

Now I've found something happens to Wally in Crisis and he may not be coming back.

So I don't have to fork out a lot of money, I don't have, to buy a book I don't want; can somebody tell me what happened concerning the Flash?

Thanks

Be lucky
#510302 05/14/06 10:15 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Ghost of Numf El:
<span style="font-size: 26px;"> [b]W.T.F? </span>

I guess it's about time that I found out all about this Infinite Crisis malarky then.

Either that or just give up reading DC comics.

Any suggestions either way?[/b]
I advise giving up now.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#510303 05/14/06 11:04 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
The first arc in Supergirl had nothing to do with Infinite Crisis except for a small scene with Power Girl in the first issue of SUpergirl #1.

Jeph Loeb's writing hasn't really made sense in a year or more. (I'm sure Ultimates will continue to sell well but will be much different than what its been.) With Jeph going to Marvel, I get the feeling that they've kinda tossed out a lot of his Supergirl stuff already.

As for what's going on in the Supergirl title now i just take it that Kara and Karen are in Kandor to overthrow the last bit of "Byrne Krypton" from the DCU. I don't think reading infinite crisis will help you with Supergirl except that Power Girl has reverted to her pre 1985 origin so she's an older, alternate reality Supergirl.

Originally posted by walkwithcrowds:
Hey Numf.

I had no intention of geting the Crisis books. "They are going to totally re write everything AGAIN??...AAAAAAARGGH!!"

I wasn't that interested as the only "Mainstream" DC books I read are Green Arrow, (which I'm dropping) Hawkman (it's been going through a slump but WALT and HOWARD? WOW!) and, of course, THE FLASH - my all time favorite comic.

Now I've found something happens to Wally in Crisis and he may not be coming back.

So I don't have to fork out a lot of money, I don't have, to buy a book I don't want; can somebody tell me what happened concerning the Flash?

Thanks
Okay the speedforce is gone. The Flashes (except for Jay) burned it out when they imprisoned the main villain of Infinite Crisis in a time warp. The villain got free. An artifically aged Bart returned to earth to warn the heroes, using the last of the speed force. This leaves Jay (who has non Speedforce related speed) as the fastest man alive.

#510304 05/14/06 12:11 PM
Active
Active
But Wally is alive and ok. he is taking some time out with Linda and the twins after what happens with the crisis. He will eventually come back.

And i think he will in the first story-arc of the new series Flash.

#510305 05/14/06 02:38 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Thanks guys.

Of course now you realize this just makes me want to go out and buy IC.

Oh well...eatings overrated anyway.

Be lucky

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,234
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
JackMythos
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
jab
jab
mini mall island
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star