Roll Call
0 members (), 10 Murran Spies, and 112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
So what are you WATCHING? Part 2
by Ann Hebistand - 05/20/24 06:19 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/20/24 03:30 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/20/24 03:30 AM
Why he was arrested.
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/20/24 03:29 AM
How did you betray Dr. Mayavale in a past life?
Alt Id's I might consider changing to ....
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/20/24 03:28 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/20/24 03:26 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Astonishing X-Men Official Thread (Spoliers)
#515570 08/23/04 05:08 PM
icefire Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I subscribe to Astonishing X-Men and received issue 4 today all I can say is that the ending is HUGE!!!!!!!

Let the Fun Begin!
Re: Astonishing X-Men Official Thread (Spoliers)
#515571 08/23/04 05:11 PM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
Oooh! Now I *really* can't wait for Wednesday!

Thanks for the heads up, Icey! Definitely be one of my first reads alongside the last Legion issue.

#515572 08/23/04 06:57 PM
icefire Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
This is becoming one of my favorite titles Joss Whedon Rocks!!!!

Let the Fun Begin!
#515573 08/25/04 01:44 PM
Reservist
Reservist
I totally agree! I love the campy nature that's been building between Kitty and Emma. Kitty's always been my favorite and now she's all grown up.

The guest at the end was waaaay out of left field for me. Totally loved it, but one of the last people I'd expect! Rock on!!!

#515574 08/25/04 03:00 PM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
The special guest was indeed a surprise. I'm going to reserve total judgment about it until further events are explained.

Loved Kitty in this issue. Beast didn't quite get the focus I expected, and I'm actually upset by Wing's current plight that he's gotten himself into.

This new villain Ord is definitely on my "They're Evil!" list after this issue. I don't hate the character, I just don't like him and his actions within the book. laugh Kinda like Lantern and Arrow recently in Legion.

#515575 08/27/04 07:30 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
I leafed through it down at the Trader last night.

As Future said, I'll reserve judgment... but as things stand right now, I'm disappointed. I don't see any reasonable way to explain this return.

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#515576 08/27/04 09:39 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I agree with Pov

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#515577 08/27/04 03:56 PM
icefire Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I don't care how they explin it I'm just happy to have them back!!!!!!

Let the Fun Begin!
#515578 08/27/04 04:12 PM
Leader
Leader
I've yet to read it but Whedon better have a extremely well thought out & good reason for the event.

ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!
#515579 08/31/04 05:36 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
It's just like this season of Big Brother: Project DNA. Do Not Assume!

That's really _______'s identical twin. They've been switching in and out of continuity!

#515580 08/27/04 04:19 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Just sos we can say "Whedon brought Colossus back despite the fact that last time we saw him he was dust floating over the Russian countryside", 'K smile

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#515581 08/27/04 06:54 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Just a reminder, SoM, But you need some sort of spacing at the beginning of your post in case anybody's going through the "Today's Active Topics" link.

With that in mind:

... this kinda has me pissed off. I was quitting the X-books around the time they killed Piotr off-- people have heard me rant about how they decided the books were based on the movie, and not the other way around smile -- and his death was really the capper. (Especially with the next month's cover, Cyclops in a black visor and leather get-up... puke ). I was shocked that they'd killed him off, but the character was played out. His family was gone, he'd betrayed teh dream and returned as the Prodigal... the character was just treading water. His sacrifice to rid the world of the disease that took his sister from him was very in-character.

All that said, I don't see how they can reasonably explain his death and cremation away in any manner that won't make a farce out of the original story. And I'm suddenly glad I didn't fall for the hype around Astonishing .

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#515582 08/31/04 11:17 AM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
I'm glad to see the character back, but like Pov and SoM...there's really no way you could explain this return and make me happy. I'd accepted Colossus as dead; he doesn't need to be brought back. I don't know if Whedon did it for shock or what, but I really don't feel it was the brightest move. I'm having a hard enough time with Magneto being back, Xorn being around, and Jean always still hovering over us (X-Men: The End).

So much for dead means dead. That lasted, what, two years? Way to go, Joe Q.

As stated elsewhere, I love the series and this issue, but the only thing I liked about the Colossus return was Kitty's reaction...and that I could get if she was dreaming he had returned or someone had morphed into the character. I really don't like having a rug pulled out from under me, let alone a rug I had already thrown away and forgotten about.

#515583 09/02/04 05:56 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I knew it!! wink ...even though I suspected it was Colossus, it was an exciting scene and buildup cuz you knew Kitty had to be the one to find him. I was never a big Colossus fan but I don't mind that he's back. Bringing Magneto back a month or two after he died is one thing, but something like this I can overlook if Joss gives us a good story out of it.

The cremated body thing could be explained with a body swiping/switching scenario prior to cremation (assuming there was no autopsy). I guess we'll find out next month what Joss has in mind.

#515584 09/02/04 07:09 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
>yawn<

Glad I stopped this book with issue 1.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#515585 09/12/04 07:01 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I missed him. A lot. Colossus is one of my three favorite X-Men (with Kitty and Kurt), and I can't help but smile very widely to see him back. It bothers me when characters die and are resurrected (I really didn't want to see Jean back), but I can't help but be hypocritical when it's one of my favorites.

I'm glad he's come back! I LOVED Kitty's reaction. I'm glad he's back.

And death/resurrection aside, I think his personality would be a welcome addition to this team. Wolverine is repetitive sometimes and Beast bores me, so I know *I'll* be happy. Different opinions and all that laugh

One other point--I found those two young mutants that Ord attacked to be very likeable, in a small amount of time. I like Joss Whedon's writing style.

#515586 09/28/04 12:55 AM
K
Substitute
Substitute
K
apart from the whole Colossus thing (and to restate my general position; it's comic books people coming back from the dead is fine. as long as it's well done) i just love the interaction and dialogue.

Loved Josh and the others cutting off the Stepfords before they started off on one of their wierd expositionary tangents. If only people could do that whenever Claremont's Storm starts off on her "By the goddess, who's motherly yet strangely Darwinian ways have forced me to overcome my claustrophobia, that i developed as a child thief, and confront that i must save those who hate and etc etc etc

And i have to say that in only 4 pages he's made me care more for Hisako (call her GLO-BOT!)and Wing than in 15 issues of those pale new new mutants in X Academy.

And 4 issues of this book have been truer to the characters and made more sense than the whole Austen run on Uncanny.

#515587 09/28/04 05:25 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Why's Josh literally bronze? Does that have something to do with his powers, or did he just go wild with the self-tanner?

#515588 09/29/04 04:19 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by STU:
Why's Josh literally bronze? Does that have something to do with his powers, or did he just go wild with the self-tanner?
He's not literally bronze (and he's meant to be gold-coloured anyway).

And what happened was that:

1) A while back (in Dream's End, which is getting TPBed very soon, including the death of Colossus...), Wolfsbane got depowered.

2) Later, when Rahne turned back up @ the Institute, she was acting far more aggressively than before (& supressing her accent) and Josh developed a crush on her.

3) Over a game of pool, Josh reasoned out that the reason for all this was that, subconsciously, she couldn't handle life without "the wolf." Eventually, they kissed and he healed away her powerlessness (before you bring up the obvious, I think he should have healed $%^&* retard-boy's "cure" away too, especially based on Beast's explaination of his power in NM12. Bad glitch there). Unfortunately, she lost control and ripped a big hole in him (Dani Moonstar talked her down later, but she's still having problems).

4) In the hospital, Josh's teammates managed to get him to wake up and get himself under control long enough to heal himself. For one reason or another tho, he turned himself gold in the process smile

Oh, and read New X-Men: Academy X!!!

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#515589 09/29/04 06:14 AM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by Reboot:
4) In the hospital, Josh's teammates managed to get him to wake up and get himself under control long enough to heal himself. For one reason or another tho, he turned himself gold in the process smile
Makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

Maybe he should call himself Golden Boy... GoldenBoy

#515590 09/29/04 06:35 AM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
Josh's advisor, Danielle Moonstar, reasoned Josh did it to himself. He's actually an omega-level mutant, whose powers allow him to alter the molecules of the body, though he has no idea of this and can only do the baseline healing he discovered.

Dani thinks he tried to change himself as he always had wanted to be the perfect, "golden boy" and now he would get some of the attention he craves by standing out.

#515591 10/02/04 10:43 AM
Active
Active
If Marvel bring back Psylocke in this series I'll be so happy.

From UK with glamour.
#515592 10/02/04 07:47 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
They're saving that for Uncanny. laugh

Actually, I doubt they'd bring Betsy back (although I'd be really happy if they did), but it looks like another member of the Braddock family may be making a reappearance sometime soon...

#515593 12/22/04 11:17 PM
Active
Active
I checked, and I'm surprised no one's got a thread running about this book. Quite simply, this is the best X-Men story and art-wise since the original Claremont-Byrne era. Joss Whedon is a friggin GREAT storyteller, and Cassaday's art is sheer poetry. The jet swirl of the "fastball special" was genius. I am truly astonished. A book that actually outdoes the hype that surrounded it.

There's room for all God's creatures...right next to the mashed potatoes!
#515594 12/23/04 12:21 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
astonishing x men is great. joss really writes kitty pryde well, who is one of my favorites.

the four or five pages when kitty finds peter is great storytelling. i would be dumbstruck too. and then the conversaion after...was touching. im glad they brought back peter even if joss is only going to be on the book until #12. or so i hear from another legion worlder. but, cassaday has also done great work on the planetary series. cassaday is not stylistically stunning or styalized but i think he is one of the best storytellers out there. ever even.

i just hope emma frost dosnt have anything too sinister in store for kitty, but then emma always realized kitty's potential from the very begining.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,495
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Roche Runo
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Bedlam Lad
Bedlam Lad
Bradford, UK
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star