Roll Call
0 members (), 49 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 05/15/24 07:24 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 05/15/24 07:12 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/15/24 07:02 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/15/24 05:45 AM
Legion Worlds Nine updated 15 May 24
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 03:57 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 03:44 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 03:44 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes Fansets Pins
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 03:43 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 47 of 77 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 76 77
Re: American Idol
#520691 03/02/07 07:31 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Dean--- our Kellie reviews were almost word for word-- so kewl! I liked her enough last night that I want to check out her CD! I just hope she's having enough... FUN. She's WAYYY to young to be a Tammy Wynette.

Matt, let's promise to vote for our favorites starting next week, no matter how safe they seem!

Getting SO CLOSE to top 12 now!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#520692 03/02/07 09:42 AM
Active
Active
Awww, poor Leslie. Three of my friends and I voted LOTS for her, but none of us EVER got a busy signal. I thought her quirkiness might help her hold out for a couple more weeks.

I was really surprised to see Hayley stay. She's just cheesy to me. I really want Brandon to step it up and do better.

Antonella and Sanjaya...just, no. I really don't get the raves Sundance got the other night. Maybe it's just that I LOATHE "Mustang Sally", but I didn't think he was much better than a good bar band.

I don't think she'll win, but Melinda is just in a different league...that was amazing this week.

And I usually don't care for Ryan Seacrest, but he earned special points last night for calling Pickler out on her boob job--and poor thing, she didn't even get it!

#520693 03/02/07 09:57 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hopes for next week:

1) I want Gina to do something totally amazing and out of the ordinary for her. I want to see what shes's capable of.

2) I want the same thing for Melinda - let's see how she handles a different type of song.

as for the guys

1) Chris R - I just want him on my screen as long as possible. his smile makes me melt.

2) I hope Blake continues to be as original and refreshing as he has been up to now.

3) Sundance needs to keep wowing me, hes in my top 4 guys as of last week, but his position there is very precarious

4) Chris S - Get a stylist! - Keep showing his amazing range and great personality - I still think hes a dark horse here...

Touch the magic...
#520694 03/02/07 07:53 PM
Leader
Leader
Chris R made me want to vomit, but not as much as Blake who is tedious beyond belief, about as original as a fake copy of a forged Picasso and just creepy as all hell. I really, really dislike him.

Although I possibly dislike Sundance more. The whiny little tit.

I am very annoyed with you Americans for not voting to keep Leslie. I fully expect next week that Lakisha and Melinda will go and I will finally lose all faith in you. wink

I do, however, adore Melinda and Lakisha, think Gina, Stephanie and Jordin could turn out to be rather marvellous if they work out a few blips and find the othersmostly disposable. Oh, Antonella is still hideous. Nasty girl and sounds like a blender with a piece of grit caught in the blades when she sings. Only less tuneful.

I like Chris S as well although he is quickly in danger of becoming smug and irritating. As long as he carries on singing like he did this week though I can live with him. The other boys I have already forgotten and they were only on here an hour ago.

Once we're down to the top twelve I shall probably start doing full reviews again. I have my knives sharpening as we speak...

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
#520695 03/02/07 08:53 PM
Active
Active
One thing I've noticed about Chris S., he's constantly looking at the judge's reactions after a competitor has sung. Take a look next time they show the guys in the dog pound, it comes across to me as very calculating. I get the sense he's not too happy at how well the women are doing, grudgingly clapping along with the others, and probably knows one of the women will win. It's like you can see the wheels in his head turning... how far can he go in this competition, knowing that the further he goes, the better his chances of parlaying this experience into $$$$$.

#520696 03/07/07 02:49 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Wow. Lackluster night. And Paula seemed like an actual judge tonight instead of a cheerleader.

Here my review of the guys:

Blake: Still think he's adorable. Still think he's original. I still think that he's got something very special. He'll be there next week or I'll eat my hat.

Sanjaya: Um, maybe im still bitter that he's still here. But although he dressed better, nothing about him stood out to me. Plus he seemed off key a bit. Ouch about the hair comment.

Sundance: I'm not liking his Pearl Jam, bad song choice for his voice. I like him, but not as much as I did last week. He's still number 4 on my list.

Chris R: I'm not a fan of country, but even with that said, I love his voice and he knows how to play the camera. He's my number one choice. I voted for him.

Jared: I appreciate that he came out with a higher energy than i remember from previous weeks. With that said, I don't like the song for him and I'm not sure what image he's going for. I guess I just don't understand him.

Brandon: OK much better than last week. But I still don't think he's standing out. He seems like such a nice, sentimental guy, but I'm not still not a big fan.

Phil: His voice seemed off. And I don't think he has the range to be an Idol. However, he has a likability factor that I think will move him forward.

Chris S: Wow! Love his voice. He has such a stong personality that I feel that alone makes his songs...better. I do wish he'd have a makeover, but this is a singing contest and by that alone, he will be back.

Touch the magic...
#520697 03/07/07 03:47 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Worst to best...

8. I just don't like Phil at all, and he seems to be only able to sing the big notes well. He doesn't have very good control. Bad hat, and he needs a hat.

7. Jared. I don't get him. His vocals are okay, but he just doesn't say STAR to me.

6. Sundance. It just didn't feel right. Must've been pitchy or off somehow or something. It was not different enough from the original to be special, and it was obviously not as good as the original. Every now and then an AI contestant will be *better* than the original, and that did NOT happen here... and I really want to like Sundance.

5. Sanjaya. I just don't think he's as bad as the judges say. He still needs his moment of brilliance. It should have happened a long time ago.

4. Brandon. It should have been more fun than it was. I don't know why it wasn't.

3. Chris R. It was kinda boring, but nice. I don't know the song, so I can't compare it to anything else, which is a good thing for the contestants.

2. Blake. He's been my favorite all along, and I thought he was great tonight. The song was fun and he was very charismatic as he performed it, it's just that there was no show-stopper moment.

1. Chris S. I don't know this song, either, and I liked it a lot. I think he sang really well and gave some oomph at the end.

Overall, it was an underwhelming night, though. None of the guys are really providing that WOW vocal dazzle that should be on this show. The girls have, though. Can't wait for tomorrow night's show.

#520698 03/07/07 07:57 AM
Leader
Leader
Am I the only one who would quite happily launch Blake into the sun? He can carry a tune fair enough and he's not hideous ugly like he escaped from a freak show or anything but he's so bloody wet and plastic and creepy as all hell. He's like someone took everything that they thought the buying public would want in a bland, squeaky clean pop singer and moulded him out of cheap plastic. He's not in the slightest bit original, he has no tone in his voice and his personality is either incredibly fake or incredibly dull. Or possibly both. He's this years Ace to me. A decent singer but tedious and plastic and unaccountably popular. I really, really don't understand the point of him. He's desperately trying to have some 'edge' with his beatboxing despite the fact that the last time that was edgy was about twenty years ago and dresses like Justin Timberlake on a bad day. And I can't stand Timberlake either.

In fact the only one of the boys that i don't think is either entirely disposable or intensely irritating is Chris S and he's quickly becoming annoying as well. We get extra interviews and stuff here in the UK (basically they cut most of Ryan's verbal diorreha (sp?) and replace it with Cat Deeley gibbering at the contestants instead) and he's coem across as being a bit creepy and far too cocky in those clips. He's a funny guy but also is far too sure that he's funny and doesn't appear to have any kind of humility with it. He does, however, have a pretty incredible voice so I can forgive some of his less endearing personality traits for the time being.

#520699 03/07/07 09:20 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
A very lackluster night overall.

Sanjaya sucked as usual. Phil was awful and I didn't like Sundance's version of "Jeremy" at all.

Jared and Brandon were okay but just aren't OOOOMPHy enough to make it.

I did like Blake, and both Chrises, though, with Chris Sligh having the edge for top spot of the night, followed by Blake and Chris R. If I'm being honest, these 3 guys should be the only guys in the top 12. There's going to be some GOOD girls that don't make top 12 in favor of some average-to-bad guys.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#520700 03/07/07 04:40 PM
Active
Active
Last night stank all kinds of smelly. tongue

#520701 03/07/07 10:26 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Wednesday night, and the lasses sang like larks!

Melinda once again ruled the night, for me.

Both Jordin and Gina rocked out very well.

Lakisha returned to full form.

Haley, Sabrina and Stephanie are all good but they just don't stand out enough for me. It's kinda like a Jared and Brandon thing.

Antonella has the bad luck of being in AI during a season of powerhouse femme singers (similar to, say, Camille during AI S3, versus Fantasia, Diana, Jennifer and Latoya). I don't think she's bad, just overshadowed vocally-- though certainly not in the looks department. She makes a gay guy wanna go straight.

Which girls will go? It won't surprise me if Antonella MAKES top 12. I also wouldn't be surprised if either Stephanie or Sabrina get the boot.

At this point, it's anyone's-- both guys and girls-- ballgame.

#520702 03/07/07 10:31 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
AI ALBUM NEWS:

Last season's 8th place finalist BUCKY COVINGTON's CD drops in April!

In related news, I'll be needing Bevis' mailing address! wink

#520703 03/07/07 11:19 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And if DialIdol.com is correct, we might be seeing the end of the run for Sundance and Phil tomorrow! Too early to call the girls, but so far Sabrina and Haley are in last place!

#520704 03/08/07 04:05 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Worst to Best

8. Haley. I just can't get into this girl. She's pretty, though.

7. Antonella. This was the best song choice she's made, IMO. She shouldn't even try to go big, she should keep it simple and sweet. She misses a LOT of notes during her performances.
So hot to look at!

6. Sabrina. I think she's just a little bit off. Her quite moments are just a bit out of tune and her big moments are almost screaming. She pulls it off, but it's often shaky.

5. Jordin. I like that she rocked out. It shows that she has good diversity.

4. Gina. I haven't been a big fan of hers until now. She really belongs in that genre. She seemed more comfortable even though she botched the very last note. Still the rest of the song went well.

3. Stephanie. I don't know that song, so I can't compare it to Chaka, but I thought she was really good.

2. Lakisha. I love when a girl can sing a Whitney song. She nailed it!

1. Melinda. I couldn't wait to see what she was going to do, and she BROUGHT IT! So much fun, so powerful, and then so sweet.

Can't wait to hear what the giant Idol event is! I hope the results have a shocking twist. That's always fun and creates conversation!

#520705 03/08/07 04:51 AM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by MLLASH:
AI ALBUM NEWS:

Last season's 8th place finalist BUCKY COVINGTON's CD drops in April!
Is it titled 'Bucky Covington: Hrughl lagameg glarb urk, Bucky!'?

I so hope it is.

#520706 03/08/07 05:44 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I'm thinking it's Melinda's season to lose.

She seems untouchable. Very impressive performance tonight (yet again). Too many of the other singers just seem "blah" by comparison.

Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.
#520707 03/08/07 07:01 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Jordin - Wow! We saw a different side tonight. And I liked it! She has moved up on my list.

Sabrina - I love that song usually, but I don't think she did it or herself justice tonight. Her voice just wasn't there. This may be her last week.

Antonella - This felt like a high school talent show performance. Like so many of the guys last night, there was no emotion, no personality. Not good. I agree, shes pretty though.

Hayley - It's almost like she's a week behind the other girls. I don't know how else to explain it. Gina pulled off her look last week and did it better. It doesn't feel like she's improving at all. And the song, well it wasn't great.

Stephanie - She sang well. That's about all i can say.

Lakesha - I guess I finally saw what everyone else has been seeing. She won me a over a bit tonight. While she's still not my fave, she is solid.

Gina - I love this girl! But tonight wasn't as good as last week. I did think she was screaming at one point instead of singing. I hope it doesn't knock her out.

Melinda - Oh My God she is a showman! I still stand behind my hope that she becomes a huge broadway star, cause i bet she can act too. She may actually be TOO GOOD for Idol if that makes any sense?

Touch the magic...
#520708 03/09/07 02:01 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
The Top 12 are chosen! I'm not 100% behind the people picked, but the best ones are there.

Looking forward to the big shows!

#520709 03/09/07 07:32 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by MLLASH:

I did like Blake, and both Chrises, though, with Chris Sligh having the edge for top spot of the night, followed by Blake and Chris R. If I'm being honest, these 3 guys should be the only guys in the top 12. There's going to be some GOOD girls that don't make top 12 in favor of some average-to-bad guys.
I agree 100%!!!!!

Touch the magic...
#520710 03/09/07 12:19 PM
Active
Active
Well, while I'm not looking forward to seeing Sanajaya wisp his way through another song, I'm glad I don't have to see Sundance anymore.

Pretty shocked Hayley made it in over Sabrina, but I do think Sabrina didn't show enough "WOW" to stand out among the other girls with similar styles.

I most want Brandon to step it up. I keep waiting for him to show his potential...Of course, I may just want him to do better because, well...he's HOT.

#520711 03/09/07 08:03 PM
Leader
Leader
Right *rubs hands together eagerly*, review time.

The boys.

Blake. You know what? Blake has quite sexy arms. Not too buff but not skinny. There, I said something nice about him, don't expect it to happen again for a long time yet. He's plastic, he's dull, his hair is so tweaked and primped and preened that I have a burning desire to just hack at it with a pair of scissors and his singing is all perfectly acceptable and in tune and in time and makes me want to cry. They keep going on about the fact that he's so original except he's not in the slightest. He's a cheap copy of cheap artists who were never original in the first place. He's smug and creepy and hideous. Ick ick ick, can't stand him. Like I say though, quite nice arms.

Sanjaya. He seems like a nice enough lad and he might be able to sing but I've not heard him yet. Not because I keep missing his performances you understand, just because he sings like he's a frightened mouse. I don't object to him making it into the top twelve but only because with the crappiness of the boys at least... oooh, five crappy ones were going to make it in.

Sundance. Now some of the boys I dislike because of their creepy, plastic nature. Some I dislike for being dull. Sundance, however, is the only one that i dislike for being a tuneless tub of lard. With stupid facial hair. So not sorry he's gotten the boot. He came off and said that the song was supposed to be sung that way because it's rock. However I would wish to point out that rock does not equal out of tune shouting, the tuneless tub of lard.

Chris R. Every year there's at least one boy who is probably secretly a serial killer. This year that serial killer in the making is Chris R. There's just something incredibly creepy about him. It's not just that he's at best a mediocre singer and at worst a tedious R&B wannabe who can make any genre sound like crap R&B rubbish, it's that he has this look about him which makes you feel like he's been slipping cyanide into the production crew's tea or bludgeoning homeless people in the cover of darkness. I really don't approve of him at all. Plus I think the police should be keeping a close eye on him because it's only a matter of time before he cracks and makes Paula's skin into a fetching coat.

Jared. *snore, bonk* The bonk is the sound of my head hitting the floor as Jared bores me to death. I don't think anyone is going to miss him.

Brandon. Damn. OK, at some point between the first round of auditions and now clearly aliens came down and stole the guy who auditioned as Brandon and swapped him for someone who while not exactly bad is awfully, awfully disappointing. I keep expecting him to be really, really good and every week he's just a bit meh.

Phil. Does no-one realise Phil has escaped from his hospital bed? He's obviously in the last stages of some horrible illness that's causing him to waste away before our eyes. Oh, and wear really, really horrible hats. The hats I am convinced are one of the symptoms of the illness because surely there can't be a rational reason to wear them. Oh, his singing? I don't know. I was being transfixed by the hat. It was like some kind of alien monster sucking out his brains. It really was ugly. He either needs to sack his stylist or get a stylist whose sole job is to sit there with a big stick and beat him every time he picks up a nasty hat. Like the one he's wearing for the results. He'd get a beating for that one as well.

Chris S. The only one of the boys who actually managed to sing a song well tonight. He's not absolutely incredible but he's very good. He is now quickly moving from the 'gosh, he's a genuinely funny and nice guy' niche into the 'annoying little tit who thinks he's something extra special' niche. There's a difference between being confident and outgoing and being cocky and having an over-inflated ego. Chris is in danger of becoming the latter.

The Girls.

Jordin. Ooooh, I wasn't expecting that. She looked stunning and she came out and gave a performance I wasn't expecting her to do anything like that and she was really rather good. I don't think she's as good as a couple of the other girls but she's certainly got something. And whatever that something is she has way more of it than any of the boys.

Sabrina. Meh. I can't stand that type of music so it's going to be hard for me to judge how good it is really. She wasn't bad but she wasn't great. i don;t know if she really deserved to go but nor did she do enough to mean that she really deserved to get into the top twelve.

Antonella. Oh my. How to describe Antonella's performance. Well the droopy faced muppet looked as brainlessly miserable as ever like she'd spent the entire week sucking lemons so she could look as sour faced as possible. Almost every criticism of her has torn her singing to pieces but mentioned how pretty she is. Except she's not. She's young and skinny but her head is far too large for her body and she just looks so bitter than any natural beauty that she might have is completely obscured. And then there's the singing. Sorry, did I say signing? I meant garbling and shrieking through a mouthful of marbles. She is possibly one of the worst singers that Idol has ever produced. The judges need their heads reading for putting her in the top twelve in the first place, the American public need theirs reading for not voting her off first chance they got. She was easily the worst singer of all the top sixteen. Worst even than Sundance. urgh.

Hayley. Who? Sorry, when did she get here? Was she replacing someone else? Dull little girl I'm afraid. Nice to look at, nice performer, nice voice. Or something. I dunno, I've mostly forgotten her already.

Stephanie. Again not my type of music and she's really got to be careful she finds a different sound from Beyonce because she does sound awfully like her and there's no need for two Beyonces. She is very good and could be there until the end but she;s just got to do something that sets her apart from the others and she's not done that yet. To be fair nor has she cocked up or anything.

Lakesha. She's a foxy mamma who can belt a tune with class and vigour. She'll get voted off next week then. tongue

Gina. Now *this* is what she should have been doing all along. We've seen with boys like Bo and Chris in the past that there is room within AI for a rock singer. We've never had a girl who can believably be rock until now. Here's hoping they don't keep trying to foist saccharine ballads or pop-cheese on her or anything and just let her do the rock that she's good at instead.

Melinda. America, meet you next American Idol. If you have any sense anyway. Which we know from past experience that you don't. wink She's just stunning, she really is. She's got an amazing voice and has the best personality of the lot of them. It's just a shame she has no neck, bless her.

#520712 03/10/07 05:41 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
ATTENTION, AI-Lovers!

Get KELLIE PICKLER's cd "Small Town Girl"! I got it yesterday and have been having so much fun with it ever since!

Aside from buying AI-contestant stuff as presents for others or the occasional Kelly Clarkson or Fantasia download, this is the first AI-contestant cd I've ever bought for myself. I made a good choice.

I certainly wouldn't have predicted this exactly one year ago.

you can watch me walk if you want to, want to

I bet you want me back now don't you, don't you

"Red High Heels": did Kellie have it in mind to write a perfect anthem for obese drag queens?

I think my runaway favorite is "Didn't You Know How Much I Loved You", though... I'll bet Faith Hill is pissed off she didn't get that one to sing.

#520713 03/10/07 05:46 PM
Active
Active
I LOVE Bevis! love love

You had me at...

"This year that serial killer in the making is Chris R. There's just something incredibly creepy about him"

smile

#520714 03/10/07 07:11 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
He's LW's own Simon... wink laugh

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#520715 03/13/07 11:10 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
TOP 12 week 1!

Could only get 2 votes in through MELINDA's busy signals (wanted to do more).

Got a few votes in for JORDIN (who I think may very well win this).

Several votes in for my boy BLAKE.

Threw a couple of pity votes to CHRIS SLIGH (I liked his "Clocks" sampled version of "Endless Love") and GINA.

WHO SHOULD GO HOME: Sanjaya

WHO WILL GO HOME: Brandon or Haley

Page 47 of 77 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,334
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Clovyr Crymsun Kid's Sidekick, timeless one
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Legionnaire888
Legionnaire888
Earth-Henderson,NV
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star