Roll Call
0 members (), 37 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Jfposey - 05/07/24 05:19 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/07/24 04:22 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 03:19 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:37 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 71 of 77 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 76 77
Re: American Idol
#521291 03/18/10 10:18 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
We turn the radio on at school maybe.... 4 times a day, and EVERY time, Kesha's song is on. It's weird.
The girls in my class did NOT like it. I meekly didn't say anything, but I do like her weirdness.

#521292 03/19/10 08:11 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
So I'm not really a fan of American Idol (I don't dislike it by any means, its just never been a show I've watched) but my life loves it. So I kind of catch some of it while I'm reading comics or rocking out on Legion World on my laptop.

Some comments:

- Didi is my favorite. My wife not so much.

- Lacey, who was eliminated, was my second favorite. I thought she was pretty awesome!

- And Siobahn, is my third favorite. I think she's got a great voice and she's definitely an individual which is needed.

- The guy everyone is raving about, Casey, just doesn't seem to have it performance wise. He needs to step it up.

- Like I said, I've never really watched the show, but I know I couldn't stand Paula. I'm glad she's been replaced. Both Kira (sp?) and Ellen are much better.

- Ke$ha was awful! I think she's probably the single worst recording artist getting radio airtime these days.

#521293 03/19/10 04:40 PM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Did you guys like Ke$ha feat. 3OH!3? I kinda did.

I've been hollering BLAH BLAH BLAH all day...
Lash, did you miss this post?

Originally posted by Deirdre:
There's a terrible irony that a fresh female talent like Lacey gets the carpet pulled out from under her while music-biz whores like Ke$ha and Ornilanthi get the major label push.
And just for the heck of it, I wanted to spotlight this wonderful quote from Cobie:

Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
- Ke$ha was awful! I think she's probably the single worst recording artist getting radio airtime these days.

Still "Fickles" to my friends.
#521294 03/23/10 08:01 PM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
Tonight's episode was painful to watch, and there were times I thought of just turning it off. I didn't like any of the performances, not even my two faves Casey, who could have been auditioning for a bar band, and DiDi, who was horribly indulgent (although I had to note with amusement that I felt the same way about Siobhan's performance last week, which the judges LOVED.) The less said about the other performances, the better. Katie doing a Fergie song -- why, God, why? And I'm getting to really hate Siobhan and her Kelly Clarkson-style screaming; I have this terrible feeling she's going to come in first place.

#521295 03/23/10 08:07 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
My fave: Crystal.

The worst: Paige.

Siobhan needs to stop trying to be Adam Lambert.

Mike is a cheese sandwhich on cheesy bread dipped in cheese fondue.

Aaron will make no less than top 4.

Tim will not be going home tomorrow.

Casey was a'ight.

Lee could habe been a disaster but wasn;t.

Katie at least gets props for picking a song from within the last few years,

Garcia wasn't as bad as the judges thought, but I've felt for weeks he is a one trick pony.

I'm thinking IDOL may be over, seriously. Kris and Adam's sales tanked, Kara is blood-curdlingly awful and Simon's leaving.

Writing's on the wall.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#521296 03/23/10 08:08 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Uh oh. Forgot Didi. Well, 'nuff said there.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#521297 03/23/10 08:14 PM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
Katie at least gets props for picking a song from within the last few years
Yes, but it's a horrible song.

#521298 03/23/10 11:38 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I had to get up and leave the room when Paige started.
The only other times I can remember doing that was when I was a kid and Lucy, from I Love Lucy, would start doing something so embarrassing and degrading to herself that I just couldn't stand to see it.

I get so angry because Paige, Tim, Katie and Andrew are still there and some other people that I liked so much more are gone.

Oh, well.
It's worth the dull, fallen short acts just to hear Ellen say something that makes me smile.

The one really good moment, other the Ellen's time, was when Ryan lived in the moment with Crystal and her little piece of rug.
For me, that was brilliant, wonderful stuff and why I love Ryan.
And now, Crystal.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#521299 03/24/10 05:48 AM
Active
Active
I didn't get the Didi hate. I enjoyed it, and thought she was the second best of the night--after Crystal. I love the adorkable Siobhan, but it's time to put away the screaming for a while.

#521300 03/24/10 11:15 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Not reading others' comments....

Overall a pretty bad show. Honestly, I only really liked the top 2 on my list a lot.

My least favorites to most favorite:

11. Paige - HORRIBLE! Probably the worst vocal I've ever heard at this stage of the competition in all 9 seasons.

10. Tim - adequate vocals, awkward stage performance.

9. Andrew - terrible interpretation and another awkward stage show

8. Katie - is she 30 playing a teen? Her vocals were off, but not totally offensive

7. Casey - so dull, terrible song choice. He forgot that this is a *singing* competition.

6. Lee-fine, a bit forgettable

5. Didi- nice job, I agree with the judges that it seemed a bit over-acted.

4. Aaron - I'm not really a fan, but he makes good choices and performs well.

3. Siobahn - good choice, well done. I like the added screech but I hope she doesn't do that very time.

2. Big Mike - I LOVE that song and am a harsh critic when it's performed. He did a great job and the judges mentioned all the superfluous stuff. I still liked it.

1. Crystsal - the moment I know I've been waiting for - her version af a Janis Joplin song. She owned it!

#521301 03/24/10 08:12 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Tonight was the right choice.

I liked that Miley defended Tim and his "Hairspray/Zac Efron" moves.

Miley seems to be quite mature for her age. I did not enjoy her performance and thought the Joe Jonas/hot chick performance was laughably bad.

#521302 03/25/10 01:06 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Good thing the judges don't critique guest performers.

Ryan seems to be enjoying himself this year.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#521303 03/26/10 11:07 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
He's tallied out what he's making per hour. Prolly about $100,000 or so... smile

Okay, so Vote For the Worst has leaked the song selection list the Idols get to choose from for Soul/R&B night.

I **NEVER** want to hear the judges bitch about song selection if THIS is what the contestants have to pick from.

As you can guess, there's a ton of Stevie Wonder, Mariah, Michael and Whitney... stuff most of these guys should NOT touch. Full list available at the VFTW site.

There was, however, one song that leapt out at me, and would certainly be the one I would choose if given the choice... I hereby vow to vote no less than 10 times for any IDOL who sings RAINY NIGHT IN GEORGIA even if they cock it up.

("Natural WOman" is on the list-- I'm wondering if Crystal will reprise her Hollywood week version).

#521304 03/27/10 12:31 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
How does one do those songs by those artists?

It's like the Stones songs.
The theory is good on paper but how do you live with it?
Especially when the judges say things like it's a Stones song! I expected so much more!

:shakeshead:

sigh

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#521305 03/27/10 12:35 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
He's tallied out what he's making per hour. Prolly about $100,000 or so... smile
Is that per hour of broadcast time or per hour on the project?
'Cause he's gotta be worth 300 to 500 thousand per week!
Or more, imo.
He's a prefect foil for Simon!
AND he's a cutie.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#521306 03/30/10 05:59 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
Deirdre sends her regards, and says she won't be watching tonight's AI because none of the remaining contestants have shown any talent for soul music.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
#521307 03/30/10 08:02 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Siobhan:

Ruined a great Chaka Khan song. Pitch was bad and the Lambertlike screaming? Ick. grade: D+

I'm typing as the show plays while using a separate window to post elsewhere on LW.

I like the judges giving Siobhan additional notes.

I haven't forgotten my promise to vote at least 10 times for anyone who sings "Rainy Night In Georgia"....

Casey:

Eye candy. Sounds like he's gonna rock it out. Must have sex with. I thought he was pretty good, not GREAT though. grade: B

Simon was all about it. Cool. I wonder if they will show anymore backstage after-performance footage. Was that a first?

Big Mike:

Oh Lord. Weak start. Now it's getting better. Definitely better as it progresses. I kinda liked it. My favorite performance of his yet. Bad lighting job. grade: B-

Like Kara, I've never heard it before and I liked his job enough to seek out the original.

I guess backstage footage IS the new norm.

Didi:

Not liking the song choice. We'll see. Oh Lord. Suckage. High School talent show level thus far. Maybe GRADE school level. grade: D-

Didi doesn have an ability to put affectation to her voice and she should have tonight. It was just lame.

Whoa-- Didi called Ryan out on his nosiness!

Tim is going to sing Anita Baker?? VFTW will go APE voting for him tonight! He does look sexy!

Tim:

He's definitely this year's Sanjaya. We'll see how he sings... This could be good or a colossal trainwreck. Didn't know he had any high range... Anita's got a TON of it. Here we go... He's doing a LOT better than I thought... but like Didi, it's kinda High School talent show... he's doing better than she did though... not hating it but it isn't great by any means. Well, maybe great for TIM. grade: C

Wow, Randy's best analysis yet: pedestrian, and not the search for the next superstar. Usually he's judging panel ballast. Good job, Randy. Simon's being kinda mean! I mean, Tim's come a pretty long way after replacing Little Orphan Tranny.

Andrew? Oh great SPACE, NooooOOOOoooo! AND he chose CHRIS BROWN? A BIG MISTAKE considering Brown's recent troubles.

Andrew:

He's by no means bad, but not my cup of tea. I do like the song though. Don't know the original but I'd like to, if it wasn't Chris Brown. He's doing pretty well, second so far to Casey tonight. grade: B-

I think choosing Chris Brown was a mistake. I dunno, we'll see tomorrow.

Katie:

Not "Chain of Fools"... SO OVERDONE ON IDOL. Actually, it wasn't a total abomination. Best of the girls yet by a mile. It was actually pretty good.... especially for this season of AI. grade: B-

Lee:

Must have sex with. But will he sing well? The Usher clip has him sounding pretty good...He's so "Kris Allen-lite" to me usually... so far this performance isn't changing my opinion... Now gettin' a little soulful-ish. WOW. Got impressive. I think vocally he outdid Casey tonight. Pretty good job. grade: B+

Ellen's right, it was the best performance yet.

Crystal and Aaron are left. Thank space. Mayhap the producers saved the best 3 for last tonight? It's looking like a Lee/Crystal/Aaron top 3 maybe? We'll see.

Crystal:

No guitar tonight? OMfreakingG. For anyone else, I'd really be bitching about this overdone song but I can't wait to hear/see her do it... SHE IS SO TALENTED. Standing up and TAKING THE LOVE IN! YOU GO GIRL! Not her best but I just adore her. Her "not best" is heads and shoulders above everyone else. She ain't leavin' on no midnight train anytime soon. grade: A-

I ****love**** Simon telling Crystal to do what's comfortable to her, and I love Crystal's response. If she doesn't win this year it will be an utter crime.

I kinda like the backstage footage thing.

UH UH. Is Aaron stealing Kris Allen's breakthrough song? I'm thinking so. I decided last week I like the kid. I now officially predict an Aaron/Crystal top 2. We'll see how he does...

Aaron:

His eyebrows annoy me. But the vocals are there... and heavily borrowed from Kris Allen. He's really come into his own. Not my favorite but he's good. I think he had less pitchy moments than Crystal actually. He needs to thank Kris Allen a LOT for this week. grade: A

So there you have it for me. Surprisingly, I graded Aaron above Crystal who, to my ears, had a little trouble with her lower register this week. Crystal's still the best.

#521308 03/30/10 08:07 PM
So which was the performance that made you want to pull your ears off, Lash?

#521309 03/30/10 08:08 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Didi. I probably should have failed that performance in retrospect.

#521310 03/30/10 08:09 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
She did "What Becomes of the Broken Hearted", btw. I predict a Didi/Tim/Siobhan bottom 3.

#521311 03/30/10 08:15 PM
The sad thing about her is that there's no middle ground with her -- she's either really good or really bad.

#521312 03/30/10 08:19 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
She did, however, look lovely tonight. Also, she showed some claws when Ryan kept pressing her to exploit her dead friend by saying over and over, "There's a reason why this song makes you so emotional, what is it? blah blah blah".

She refused to do so.

#521313 03/30/10 08:20 PM
Good for her.

Sometimes, Ryan makes me sick.

#521314 03/31/10 01:06 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I think I heard Didi's voice in a Walmart commercial yesterday and today.
Her voice is pretty recognizable.

I liked Lee and Mike best, tonight.
Then, Casey and Crystal - she's really got an ego.

I still like Didi and Siobhan, though.
What is Ryan's wife/girlfriend status?
And Didi's?
He just seems very protective of and interested in her.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#521315 03/31/10 01:07 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Haven't read other comments, least fave to fave....

Tim - gah! He looked a little crazy. Oh yeah, and sounded that way, too.

Siobahn - what happened? She was doing so well -til tonight!

DiDi - off! I liked her costume, though.

Katie - I felt like she was a child trying to be a grown up.

Casey - same as usual from him - right here in the middle

Andrew - he did well, but it still wasn't a grand "AI moment" type of performance

Aaron - good job. He looks awkward onstage to me, but he makes good choices and sings well.

Lee- he was really,really good tonight!

Crystal - awesome choice, well done

Big Mike - love that song, love his rendition! I'm a fan.

Page 71 of 77 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,196
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star