Roll Call
0 members (), 46 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Gaseous Lad - 05/13/24 04:44 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 05/13/24 04:40 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 05/13/24 05:34 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Who read the Infinite Crisis article in Wizard? Legion SPOILERS
#21917 02/25/06 01:18 AM
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Johns and Waid revealed some tidbits about the Teen Titans/ Legion special that have a big impact on the series

GJ: "The banging against the walls of the timestreem is Superboy Prime."
Which means the Superboy Prime sends the Titans in the future.

MW: We knew when we were writing this that we'd eventually reveal the Legion that people had been reading about was an alternate universe version. it's been our best kept secret all along - that the restart of Legion of Super-Heroes in issue 1 of the series was, in fact, our first blimpse into the post-IC DCU.

GJ: We discussed the possibility that the Legion you had been reading in the Legion written by Abnett and Lanning would be the Earth 2 Legion. If Earth 2 had survived the original Crisis, that would have been their Legion. the current Legion is the future of our Earth...

That's all very interesting, but what does that make the original Earth 1 become post-Crisis Legion before the Zero Hour reboot?

Ze Frainch Legion fan
Re: Who read the Infinite Crisis article in Wizard? Legion SPOILERS
#21918 02/25/06 02:16 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
confused

Looks like we come out of it with one Legion only. I wonder if this was all really pre-planned or this alternate universe idea has been retrofitted to the Legion.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#21919 02/25/06 02:17 AM
C
Active
Active
C
That's all very interesting, but what does that make the original Earth 1 become post-Crisis Legion before the Zero Hour reboot?
That was the Pre-Crisis legion. This actually is fairly sensible.

Earth-1 Legion was "The" Legion of Superheroes.

Earth-2 Legion was the Reboot Legion.

Post-Infinite Crisis Legion is the Threeboot Legion and you could say, the Post-Crisis Legion of Earth-1.

...in a weird way, it makes the Legion "reboots" no different than any other comic story in the story and creates a weird artificial legacy for them.

Threeboot is actually now the only Reboot and the first twelve issues were our equivalent of the "Man of Steel" series by John Byrne.

Author of "Machine Goddess" and "The Undying Machine"
Machine Goddess: http://tinyurl.com/gkp5z
Undying Machine: http://tinyurl.com/jvw9p
#21920 02/25/06 06:36 AM
Candidate
Candidate
Originally posted by Charles Phipps:
That was the Pre-Crisis legion. This actually is fairly sensible.

Earth-1 Legion was "The" Legion of Superheroes.

Earth-2 Legion was the Reboot Legion.

Post-Infinite Crisis Legion is the Threeboot Legion and you could say, the Post-Crisis Legion of Earth-1.

...in a weird way, it makes the Legion "reboots" no different than any other comic story in the story and creates a weird artificial legacy for them.

Threeboot is actually now the only Reboot and the first twelve issues were our equivalent of the "Man of Steel" series by John Byrne.
... Maybe it's the extreme lack of sleep, but this doesn't quite feel right to me.

Immediate thoughts involve Mon-El/Valor (how many times into the "Phantom Zone", now?) ... and the Pocket Universe. And then the v4 Glorithverse Valor-ist rewrite ..

It tries to be too "neat", and fails. There is a whole chunk of Legion story not covered by this, including but not limited to v4. (.. I think. See note about needing sleep *wry chuckle*)

And, well, while I have some notable issues concerning the post-ZH Legion, this smacks of too much of a slap in the face, even for me. But then Waid seems to have been doing that off-and-on ... *shrugs*

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:
#21921 02/25/06 08:10 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
The context of the last line of the quote says to me that placing the Reboot on E-2 was eventually rejected. Think about what that says about what that does to Barry and Bart Allen.

But if you really wanted to pursue this regarding the Post Crisis / Pre ZH Legion.

The Time Trapper collects timelines like Brainiac collects bottle cities. Some time ca. issue 30 of v3, the Time Trapper salvaged the Earth 2 timeline before it was wiped out by the Crisis Editorial Dictate. He wanted to play with a legion, but Earth 2 had no legion (as stated in CoIE), so he copied the original Legion into his new Pocket Earth-2. The original Legion's fate is unrevealed past this point.

He then reboots the E2 timeline but forgets there wasn't Superboy in Earth-2. To prevent his "aquarium" from collapsing he creates yet another pocket universe with SuperBoy.

He redirects Legion time travel to the Pocket Universe but then some of his faux Legion escape to the real post-crisis 20th century. The post-crisis superman teamed up with the Trapper's E2 Legion in the pocket universe saga.

So all of 5yl happened in Trapper's fake E2 universe including Glorithverse. Then zero hour happened and caused a massive power failure at the Trapper's place and rebooted all his pocket universe collection.

So the Zero Hour Legion is a reboot of the trapper's timeline, somehow the Legion survived even though the weren't native to E2. The Trapper continued to play with his Legion but again to avoid screw ups he had to redirect their time travel to the real DCU.

#21922 02/25/06 08:36 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
[QB]The context of the last line of the quote says to me that placing the Reboot on E-2 was eventually rejected. Think about what that says about what that does to Barry and Bart Allen.

[QB]
I don't think that's actually a problem. I take it that the "what if Earth-2 survived the Crisis" to mean "what if Earth-2 survived in the way Earth-1 in fact survived", i.e., it became the dominant Earth. There'd still be a Barry and Bart Allen on post-Crisis Earth-2, just as there's still a Jay on post-Crisis Earth-1.

#21923 02/25/06 10:18 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
I shouldn't read any quotes from Waid ever again. It just gets me angry.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#21924 02/25/06 10:20 AM
Deputy
Deputy
"We discussed the possibility" doesn't necessarily mean "We decided".

For all its flaws I'd embrace it, though, if it also meant the nullification of ALL of post-Crisis history after 1986 and served to establish that the WaK Legion is the Earth-1 Legion, i.e., the *real* LSH, transformed by the events of Infinite Crisis.

#21925 02/25/06 10:58 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Even thought I don't really buy the whole "Byrne Superman is the Earth-1 Superman" deal I have to admit there is something slightly appealing about the current Legion being the Earth-1 Legion in the same way...

#21926 02/25/06 11:43 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Even thought I don't really buy the whole "Byrne Superman is the Earth-1 Superman" deal I have to admit there is something slightly appealing about the current Legion being the Earth-1 Legion in the same way...
I figure the Byrne Superman is the "clutter-Earth" Superman, and the Superman who'll emerge out of Infinite Crisis will be stripped of many of the Byrne retcons, i.e., more "Birthright" than "Man of Steel".

Didio has in fact stated that by the end of Infinite Crisis we'll learn that the present-day Superman and the Silver Age Superman are (or were) one and the same. If this is truly the case (he's been known to fib before), we may also be looking at the Silver Age Legion as tweaked by events we've won't see until IC #7. The roster of SA-only characters supports this idea, as does the rebirth of the "real" Supergirl, the "real" Doom Patrol, etc.

#21927 02/27/06 02:36 AM
C
Active
Active
C
Well in this case, its a lot cleaner than retroactive continuity usually is.

Author of "Machine Goddess" and "The Undying Machine"
Machine Goddess: http://tinyurl.com/gkp5z
Undying Machine: http://tinyurl.com/jvw9p
#21928 02/27/06 06:09 AM
Leader
Leader
All this stuff seemed to make a lot more sense before they thought it didn't make sense, and they tried to make some sense of it.

I give up.

#21929 02/27/06 03:39 PM
Active
Active
wow. my head hurts after reading those posts. but I think I am clear on three points: (1) the Legion story we have been following is the new canon, and (2) I don't won't time trapper or any time moving related story anywhere near this book.
and (3)if the words pocket and universe are ever used I will drop this book like a bad habit. smile

#21930 03/01/06 11:37 PM
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
wamu?

psttt....

pocket universe laugh

Ze Frainch Legion fan

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,261
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Faraway Lad, Kid Charlemagne
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Straya
Straya
Oklahoma City, OK
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star