Roll Call
0 members (), 14 Murran Spies, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Gaseous Lad - 04/25/24 01:27 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Gaseous Lad - 04/25/24 01:26 PM
DC/Marvel Crossovers to be collected in 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 04/25/24 08:21 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by idle - 04/25/24 05:38 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/25/24 12:32 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
are you there god? it's me, kinetix
#22545 11/05/03 03:01 PM
Applicant
OP Offline
Applicant
in the last few years, it seems the most important thing zoe saugin has done is to become some totally unrecognizable terraform hybrid creature, with none the personality.

so what can be done with her?

granted, she was kinda flighty to me and obsessed with changing her uniform, but still, she was always bright and cheery...and fun.

for some reason, i was hoping this terraform transformation would be temporary at best...that she would resume her previous form when the story arc was complete. but now she's in that blasted comic book background limbo...walking around like an 8 foot zombie.

i thought maybe she would come back and take some spotlight, but be changed from the experience of being a harbinger of evolution. her powers could "evolve" a bit and she'd still be good ol' zoe, but be confident and ready to save the universe again....in style.

so what to do with our giant freckled zombie of nature?

it was the ether that knocked her out cold.
Re: are you there god? it's me, kinetix
#22546 11/05/03 03:57 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I always liked Zoe and hope she returns back to her human form!

Let the Fun Begin!
#22547 11/05/03 04:06 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Well I've always seen Zoe as a throw-away. Another post-boot character that didn't succeed. To me she was never memorable and ranks right up there with Kid Q as the Legionnaire I wouldn't shed a tear over.

#22548 11/05/03 04:25 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I love the title to this thread.

I hope Zoe can be salvaged at some point. I like her Dazzlerish attitude on superheroics.

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#22549 11/05/03 05:24 PM
Applicant
OP Offline
Applicant
i hate to think of characters as "throw aways." everyone has a favorite and i'd hate to have one of my favorite characters just thrown away.

i'd like to think of zoe as a character that just hasn't succeeded YET. maybe DnA have plans for her other than this terraform thing.

i put some thought into a way to resolve this plot a bit. kinetix could exhaust whatever hypertaxis energy she has left (and i'm pretty sure this is possible since all the other terraforms used all of their energy to bring the seed pods back to human form) simply by putting it to some other use.

but how do you ask?
how about if dyrk magz and dirk morgna are exposed to the hypertaxis energy?
yay! we'd get sun boy/inferno and magno back (altho maybe magno's abilities would change because of this?)

all i have to say is....she's fixable.

#22550 11/05/03 05:27 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by ether_lad:
how about if dyrk magz and dirk morgna are exposed to the hypertaxis energy?
yay! we'd get sun boy/inferno and magno back (altho maybe magno's abilities would change because of this?)

You know, that's not a bad idea.

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#22551 11/05/03 07:01 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
She's not so much a throwaway character as one who was simply diverted from her original intention and never quite managed to work into something worthwhile.

I loved her depiction in the Legion Annual where she lost her powers the first time. Her fascination in acquiring objects of power ultimately rooted in her desire to do good, to make a difference in the world. It showed a depth which disappeared as the quality of writing on the postboot series declined.

#22552 11/05/03 07:21 PM
Wanderer
Online Confused
Wanderer
[Linked Image]

#22553 11/05/03 07:39 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Now, see, that sketch really gets me pissed that PMS "jumped the shark" with the EMERALD VI storyline after the fans had guessed their plans for Zoe. She's wearing the L*belt... was the intent to make Emerald Zoe a Legionnaire again at some point? Or at FIRST? How neat THAT would've been... Sometimes predictable can be good. And trying to be unpredictable for its own sake can really "F" things UP... like virtually kill the reboot dead in its tracks after a solid first two years! mad frown

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#22554 11/06/03 09:21 AM
Not much between despair and ecstacy
Not much between despair and ecstacy
The only time Zoe every resonated with me was in her friendship with Vi. The outgoing "clothes horse" befriended the shy, industrious girl. They each had qualities the other needed.

Sadly, both characters are now part of the wallpaper at Legion World.

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#22555 11/06/03 03:24 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Pov:
She's wearing the L*belt... was the intent to make Emerald Zoe a Legionnaire again at some point? Or at FIRST? How neat THAT would've been...
"Even though she has control of the eye..."

I remember I did a VERY quick colouring job on that @ one point. If I saved it on a CD-R, I might post it.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#22556 11/06/03 03:50 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I really wish we hasd gotten The Emerald Zoe story!!!!

Let the Fun Begin!
#22557 11/07/03 11:56 AM
Leader
Leader
I agree with Lightning Lad that Kinetix is a throwaway character, not because not enough has been done with her, but because too much has been done with her, and she's still not very interesting.

She's gained and lost her powers. She's gone on a quest. She's been tailed, tattooed, and albinoed. She had the whole floaty haired thing going on. She's been bizarroed. She got tranformed in the space anomaly thingy that turned her into a zombie. She's been terrorformed and roboticanized and back again.

And STILL nobody knows what her powers do exactly after all this time. She originally "brought things to life" a la Life Lass, but it's been some time since she was shown actually doing that. She's also been shown using telekinetic type powers. She even made Invisible Kid visible once. How the heck did she do that? And what are her powers currently?

I say D&A should cut their losses and get rid of her. Bring back the Flying Nun to replace her, but ditch the habit. NOBODY wears those things anymore. They're so passe.

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#22558 11/07/03 12:04 PM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
I've liked Zoe from the start because she was portrayed as a strong and assertive character, much like Saturn Girl in the Adventure Era.

I agree with Jim that some of the things done with the character were not great (the Zombie Zoe and the Terra-formed Zoe)

I think that if she was returned to her original characterization and given her powers back or given the Emerald Eye, then she would be a viable character.

However, I don't see Abnett and Lanning doing that. It seems to me that they stick with some core characters that they like to write about.

I think the ideal Legion writer has to like all the characters equally so as to be able to rotate them around a bit.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#22559 11/07/03 12:07 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
I agree with Lightning Lad that Kinetix is a throwaway character, not because not enough has been done with her, but because too much has been done with her, and she's still not very interesting.

She's gained and lost her powers. She's gone on a quest. She's been tailed, tattooed, and albinoed. She had the whole floaty haired thing going on. She's been bizarroed. She got tranformed in the space anomaly thingy that turned her into a zombie. She's been terrorformed and roboticanized and back again.

And STILL nobody knows what her powers do exactly after all this time. She originally "brought things to life" a la Life Lass, but it's been some time since she was shown actually doing that. She's also been shown using telekinetic type powers. She even made Invisible Kid visible once. How the heck did she do that? And what are her powers currently?

I say D&A should cut their losses and get rid of her. Bring back the Flying Nun to replace her, but ditch the habit. NOBODY wears those things anymore. They're so passe.
As usual Jim put's my thoughts into a more thought out and intelligent post. This is exactly why I think Kinetix has outlived her usefulness. Let her story slot be taken by another returning character some of us are dying to see (Andromeda maybe) or come up with an original one. And not someone drawn from a past Legion character. I mean a brand new idea not used in any form in the past. It may be hard to do but that's what DnA gets paid for right?

#22560 11/07/03 01:28 PM
Leader
Leader
Oh, yeah, she's also been a Sci-cop, done the levitation bit, and changed her costume a billion times. How fickle is this chick?

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#22561 11/07/03 10:44 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Where is the Emerald Eye? It sounded like it was captured during the last battle with the Fatale Five, so does that mean it's on Legion World now?

I mentioned somewhere before that I'd like to see Zoe use it to turn herself back to normal. It would be interesting to see everyone's reaction to that -- especialy if Zoe claimed she could control it.

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#22562 11/08/03 03:09 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Yes, the other Legionnaires seem pretty blasé with all of Zoe's changes. I wonder why they wouldn't seek to help her become restored to at least her pre-hypertaxis version.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#22563 11/08/03 03:36 AM
Deputy
Deputy
maybe Zoe and Sensor can start a support group for morphically challenged and abused characters.... laugh

#22564 11/08/03 05:16 AM
Applicant
OP Offline
Applicant
let's not forget, they're the only 2 legionnaries NOT wearing clothes (as if a legion belt *hides* anything).

seriously, look! we're so used to dream girl wearing next to nothing, but even dreamer has a full bodysuit on!

i'm seeing a certain level of discrimination here....hmmm...could there be conspiracy afoot in the ranks of the legion???

#22565 11/09/03 01:07 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Let her story slot be taken by another returning character some of us are dying to see (Andromeda maybe) or come up with an original one.
You see, the thing is, she doesn't a story slot to give. Hasn't had one in about a year. And if she had, I still wouldn't give it to ya. wink

#22566 11/09/03 04:26 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Love the thread title too smile

This has the potential to be interesting - but really only after she's reverted. After all - what's it like suddenly being able to think straight, talk properly and walk on the ground after spending a year telepathing broken interlac, being turned into a robot and back and not touching the ground in all this time.

Especially for someone as materialistic as Zoe, who's gone around completely unaccesorized for a few months smile

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#22567 11/09/03 04:44 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
I could see her putting on everything she owned, then raiding Monstress' old closets, a la Joey from the Friends episode where he donned all of Chandler's clothing:

"Could I BE wearing any more CLOTHES?!" lol

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#22568 11/09/03 05:00 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Pov:
I could see her putting on everything she owned, then raiding Monstress' old closets, a la Joey from the Friends episode where he donned all of Chandler's clothing:

"Could I [b]BE wearing any more CLOTHES?!"
lol [/b]
But would she be wearing underwear?

#22569 11/09/03 05:16 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Personally, I think that they should change her back to normal, bur let her keep her current outfit!

Incidentally, whatever happened to Zoe's Love Slave?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,939
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Timothy
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
stile86
stile86
Melbourne Australia
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star