Roll Call
1 members (Ann Hebistand), 50 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Ann Hebistand - 05/08/24 05:19 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Jfposey - 05/07/24 05:19 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/07/24 04:22 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:37 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Bush's resume
#559928 06/18/04 09:50 AM
Active
OP Offline
Active
The following is from http://www.ejectbush.com

GEORGE W. BUSH RESUME*
The White House, USA

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT:

I attacked and took over two countries.
I spent the U.S. surplus and bankrupted the Treasury.
I shattered the record for the biggest annual deficit in history.
I set an economic record for the most private bankruptcies filed in any 12 month period.
I set all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the stock market.
I am the first president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.
I am the first president in US history to enter office with a criminal record.
In my first year in office I set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history.
After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, I presided over the worst security failure in US history.
I set the record for most campaign fund raising trips by any president in US history.
In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their job.
I cut unemployment benefits for more out-of-work Americans than any other president in US history.
I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.
I appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in US history.
I set the record for the fewest press conferences of any president since the advent of TV.
I signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than any other US president in history.
I presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed.
I presided over the highest gasoline prices in US history and refused to use the national reserves as past presidents have.
I cut health care benefits for war veterans.
I set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest me (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind.
I dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history.
I've made my presidency the most secretive and unaccountable of any in US history.
Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history. (The poorest multimillionaire, Condoleeza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after her).
I am the first president in US history to have all 50 states of the Union simultaneously go bankrupt.
I presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud in any market in any country in the history of the world.
I am the first president in US history to order a US attack and military occupation of a sovereign nation, and I did so against the will of the United Nations and the world community.
I have created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the United States.
I set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any other president in US history.
I am the first president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the Human Rights Commission.
I am the first president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the Elections Monitoring Board.
I removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in US history.
I rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant.
I withdrew from the World Court of Law.
I refused to allow inspectors access to US prisoners of war and by default no longer abide by the Geneva Conventions.
I am the first president in US history to refuse United Nations election inspectors access during the 2002 US elections.
I am the all-time US (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations.
The biggest lifetime contributor to my campaign, who is also one of my best friends, presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).
I spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in US history.
I am the first president to run and hide when the US came under attack (and then lied, saying the enemy had the code to Air Force 1)
I am the first US president to establish a secret shadow government.
I took the world's sympathy for the US after 911, and in less than a year made the US the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in US and world history).
I am the first US president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.
I am the first US president in history to have the people of South Korea more threatened by the US than by their immediate neighbor, North Korea.
I changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.
I set the all time record for the number of administration employees who violated US law by not selling their huge investments in corporations bidding for government contracts.
I have removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in US history. In a little over two years I have created the most divided country in decades, possibly the most divided that the US has been since the civil war.
I entered office with the strongest economy in US history and in less than two years turned every single economic category heading straight down.

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:

I have at least one conviction for drunk driving in Maine (Texas driving record has been erased and is not available).
I was AWOL from the National Guard and deserted the military during time of war. I refuse to take a drug test or even answer any questions about drug use.
All records of my tenure as governor of Texas have been spirited away to my father's library, sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public.
All records of any SEC investigations into my insider trading or bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
All minutes of meetings of any public corporation for which I served on the board are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
Any records or minutes from meetings I (or my VP) attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review.

PERSONAL REFERENCES:

For personal references, please speak to my dad or uncle James Baker. (They can be reached in their offices at the Carlyle Group where they are helping to divide up the spoils of the US-Iraq war and plan for the next one).

Re: Bush's resume
#559929 06/18/04 10:05 AM
Active
Active
I'm interested to see if the rest of the country agrees with this assessment of Bush come Election Day, November. I think I heard Tim Russert make this observation first: over the past 50 years Presidential Elections involving incumbent candidates are landslides one way or the other: the American people either "backs their man" with a resounding victory (Reagan vs. Mondale in 1984, Clinton vs. Dole in 1996) or voice their discontent by booting him from office (Bush Sr. loses to Clinton in 1992, Jimmy Carter loses to Reagan in 1980). The really close elections are the ones involving new candidates (Kennedy-Nixon in 1960, Bush-Gore in 2000).

How will 2004 play out?

Omega Chase, available in stores in September: http://th3rdworld.com/comics.php
#559930 06/18/04 11:35 AM
Deputy
Deputy
The list is blatent partisan politics... I'm surprised they didn't point out how that Bush went around kicking puppies and tearing wings off of flies. All it did was level accusations and didn't back up any of it with fact.

Did you check out the other "areas" on the page?
Especially the "People who we think should Eat a D!ck" area? Every last one of them is a conservative target. You're not dealing with the most mature and responsible people on this web-site. They have an opinion and they're entitled to it. And that's exactly what most of those accusations are... partisan opinions trying to get a Democrat elected.

For instance... How do you back the claim up that, "I <Bush> am the first US president to establish a secret shadow government."? This list is nothing but the shot-gun approach to politics of personal destruction (Clinton's terms, not mine).

As far as How 2004 will play out election-wise... That's a toughy. I haven't seen anything from John Kerry that makes me think he can best Bush in the election. We don't know who his Veep candidate is yet. He needs someone that will make him look a little more of a moderate within the party. We know he stands on both sides of every issue. The military is reportedly agin him. He doesn't think the south is important.

The middle east scenario makes this a tough call too... If Bush gets Osama in the next few months and gas prices come under control, then he's a landslide winner. I don't see Kerry doing anything to make himself a landslide winner.

Furthermore... I'm not sure if all of the Dems want Kerry to win. Think about it... If Kerry wins and Hillary wants to run in 2008, then she'll have to beat Kerry in Democratic primaries. When was the last time an incumbant lost a presidential primary in this nation? When was the last time the incumbant party actually ran a competitive presidential primary in this country? I can't remember it being done anytime recently.

All in all, it should be interesting, but at this point I think Bush will beat Kerry. Barring any major turn events between now and the election.

Something Filthy!
#559931 06/18/04 12:37 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
All I know is that George Bush wants me to have no rights whatsoever regarding the man I choose to call my spouse. He reiterated as much this week in his address to the annual meeting of the Southern Baptist Convention, in which their newly elected leader said that the Massachusetts Supreme Court was a huger threat to the sanctity of America than all of Al-Qaeda combined. Cute.

Not to mention that the Republican Party is pushing the anti-gay marriage amendment through the Senate this summer in an effort to make America focus less on Iraq and more on how the evil gays need to be stopped from destroying America from within. Since they have figured out they can't win on Iraq, they are pushing the election in a direction in which they feel they can win more votes: anti-gay policy.

I will never again vote in any election for any person who in any way supports this proposed amendment. This includes our dear President Bush: he has staked his stance on this issue into Washington's political soil, and I hope this November, the voting public of America pulls that stake up and puts it right through his political heart.

I have never been personally affected by any political issue the way I have been affected by this one, and I will fight for the right to have my union with Lee celebrated and honored by the land I love to my dying day.

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#559932 06/18/04 01:43 PM
Active
Active
Well said KP.

The LA times has a really cool interactive electoral map. Find it here: Bush/Kerry Electoral College Map

According to the latest poll data, the candidates are tied at 154 electoral votes each, with over 200 up for grabs. Still, we're a long ways from November even now.

#559933 06/18/04 01:49 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by minesurfer:
The list is blatent partisan politics... I'm surprised they didn't point out how that Bush went around kicking puppies and tearing wings off of flies.
Bush did that too!? That man is OUT OF CONTROL. wink

As far as How 2004 will play out election-wise... That's a toughy. I haven't seen anything from John Kerry that makes me think he can best Bush in the election.
But can Bush beat himself? By November, will there be enough Americans who feel they want ANYONE except Bush in the White House?

Then again, Massachusetts politicians have a tough time finding broad coast-to-coast American support (Governor Dukakis, anyone?).

I don't see Kerry doing anything to make himself a landslide winner.
Again, I'm figuring it's not so much what Kerry has to do in the next few months than what Bush has done over the past four years or what people will think he'll do in the next four years.

Think about it... If Kerry wins and Hillary wants to run in 2008, then she'll have to beat Kerry in Democratic primaries. When was the last time an incumbant lost a presidential primary in this nation? When was the last time the incumbant party actually ran a competitive presidential primary in this country? I can't remember it being done anytime recently.
I can't remember an instance either. Good point.

All in all, it should be interesting, but at this point I think Bush will beat Kerry. Barring any major turn events between now and the election.
A LOT can happen between June and November that can both help and hurt Bush's re-election effort.

Stay tuned...

Omega Chase, available in stores in September: http://th3rdworld.com/comics.php
#559934 06/18/04 01:59 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
All I know is that George Bush wants me to have no rights whatsoever regarding the man I choose to call my spouse. He reiterated as much this week in his address to the annual meeting of the Southern Baptist Convention, in which their newly elected leader said that the Massachusetts Supreme Court was a huger threat to the sanctity of America than all of Al-Qaeda combined. Cute.

Not to mention that the Republican Party is pushing the anti-gay marriage amendment through the Senate this summer in an effort to make America focus less on Iraq and more on how the evil gays need to be stopped from destroying America from within. Since they have figured out they can't win on Iraq, they are pushing the election in a direction in which they feel they can win more votes: anti-gay policy.

I will never again vote in any election for any person who in any way supports this proposed amendment. This includes our dear President Bush: he has staked his stance on this issue into Washington's political soil, and I hope this November, the voting public of America pulls that stake up and puts it right through his political heart.

I have never been personally affected by any political issue the way I have been affected by this one, and I will fight for the right to have my union with Lee celebrated and honored by the land I love to my dying day.
So KP, how do you feel about the decision by the Southern Baptists to sever their ties with the Baptist World Alliance because they won't abide by their 'liberalness'?

#559935 06/18/04 07:05 PM
D
Substitute
Substitute
D
Here's my $.02: There are probably a millions of people who would be better Presidents than Bush. Kerry isn't one of them!

#559936 06/18/04 07:39 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Seems too many mediocre candidates. I guess history shows there is a lot time biding between good Presidents.

The Kerry speech I saw was unique. As he droned on he was actually putting his own supporters to sleep.

The good thing about the coming election? I'll know that my vote will be based upon my heartfelt beliefs because between the two candidates there is no danger that I'm going to be swayed by an attractive personality.

#559937 06/18/04 08:25 PM
Not much between despair and ecstacy
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
The good thing about the coming election? I'll know that my vote will be based upon my heartfelt beliefs because between the two candidates there is no danger that I'm going to be swayed by an attractive personality.
lol

John F. Kennedy, where are you when we need you?

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#559938 06/18/04 08:33 PM
Bush goes to war because he figures God is on his side. He does not bother to consult his own secretaries of defense and state on the matter. His administration misleads the public about our reasons for going to war. Pundits applaud the fact that Saddam Hussein is no longer in power. I guess might makes right, after all.

Kerry's too weaselly to admit that he (not just his family) owns an SUV and splits hairs about throwing his ribbons -- not, perish forbid, his medals -- over a wall. As a young man, he made strident indictments of the government and his own actions in Vietnam; now he dismisses those words as folly of youth.

Me? I think I'll write in a vote for Donald Trump. At least he's proud of being an SOB.

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#559939 06/18/04 08:41 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
So KP, how do you feel about the decision by the Southern Baptists to sever their ties with the Baptist World Alliance because they won't abide by their 'liberalness'?
I think the Southern Baptist leadership is out of control and should be ashamed of the fact that they dupe millions of decent religious folk into playing their political games. Nothing they do surprises me at this point.

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#559940 07/19/04 05:23 PM
Active
OP Offline
Active
Rudy Giuliani! Where are YOU when we need you?

#559941 07/20/04 08:18 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
God I'm glad I'm from the country.

I'm used to the smell of BS in the morning.

From both sides.

Like my liberal wife says, you don't change horses mid-stream. That is why my feminist(sp?), life long liberal wife is voting for Bush.

Besides, given Kerry's past, if he wins the presidency he will just turn it down. I mean, has he ever taken a firm stand on ANYTHING and stuck to it?

Combine that with is attitude of taking Lady Liberty, bendin' her over, hikin' her skirt and tellin' the UN to have at it really just irks the hell outta me.

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!
#559942 07/20/04 08:41 AM
A
Active
Active
A
I've never seen a more pathetic excuse for a leader than Bush. I find it hilarious that anyone would vote for him because of the actions of terrorists.

#559943 07/20/04 08:47 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by rickshaw1:

Besides, given Kerry's past, if he wins the presidency he will just turn it down. I mean, has he ever taken a firm stand on ANYTHING and stuck to it?

Combine that with is attitude of taking Lady Liberty, bendin' her over, hikin' her skirt and tellin' the UN to have at it really just irks the hell outta me.
Not sure the basis for the second pargraph, but he has successfully garnered a reputation for honing the flip-flop into a fine art. Perhaps a new cabinet post on flip-flops and thongs. Oh wait, Clinton already developed that second one. laugh

I was amused by the 60 Minutes interview with Kerry and Edwards. Edwards swamped his own leader with personality. If Kerry wins, I'm betting by the time the four years are up, they flip-flop and Edwards becomes the next presidential candidate AND becomes a direct inherator of the Heintz fortune.

#559944 07/20/04 07:53 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I have to say here that i just read what Petey C. posted, and while i honestly just don't want to spend the time here disputing, disproving, or refuting each and every one, i can easily talk about a few.

"I presided over the largest corporate fraud" blather, all that stuff about Ken Lay. But the funny thing is, and what no one really wants to mention, is that the democratic party recieved JUST ABOUT AS MUCH money as the repubs did. You see, Lay and enron were corrupt, and they spread the wealth. BUT, when they called the Bush admin for illegal favors, they didn't get them. They did when they asked for favors under Clinton. Why don't they talk about that?

"I rendered the UN irrelavant.." blather. Um, no, the UN rendered itself irrelavant when they passed 17 decrees against Iraq, then had members of the SECURITY COUNCIL do ILLEGAL, BACK DOOR DEALS that meant thousands of people were killed, and Millions lived under Tyranny while they supported, ILLEGALLY, a murdering, rapine, bastard and prevented the UN from doing anything.

I could go on, but those are the factual things. The opinion stuff, well, thats up to each. But honestly, some of the lies...well, these folk remind me of the Will Ferrel character from Austin powers. Ask him a question three times and he has to answer. Tell them the same lies three times and not only do they believe them, but they further them.

Not to mention the little DEBACLE of Sandy Berger and the the STOLEN PAPERS that have just hit the news. And this was AFTER THE CLINTON ADMIN IS OUT OF POWER. Guess you cant keep a great liar, thief, crook, and alledged murder down.

But, honestly, what really cracks me up more than anything, is the sudden love of the military people from the extreme left. "Oh, how dare he put OUR boys and girls at risk! How dare he...? What? What do you mean my side has hated the military for years...why, thats not true. Just because we voted to defund the military, just because we voted to constrain the intelligence groups to the point were they weren't even allowed to tell each other of possible threats, just because KERRY wanted to cut funding to them, and my predecesors spit on them and called them baby killers, what do you mean we don't love them?"

Gimme a break.

Look, you wanna hate bush, you wanna bash bush, do it all you like, but at least get the facts right without the Daniel Webster lawyer, Micheal Moore communist spin.

Truth is deadlier than fiction. Try it.

Something pithy!
#559945 07/20/04 08:50 PM
A
Active
Active
A
You're spinning like a top, Rickshaw1. At least Kerry was in the military. At least he knows what it's like. So do I, actually. Bush hasn't got a clue that wasn't bought for him.

#559946 07/21/04 03:36 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Good for you, APB. And that wasn't spin. It was TRUTH.

Bush was in the military as well. Yeah, yeah, "what about the whole awol thing?" Yeah, what about it? You don't believe someone that gained nothing when they said that they actually served with him. But, tell you what, ask Kerry what that third Purple Heart was for. Ask him to see the scar. And then watch as his body guards drag you away from him.

I don't doubt he was in, he was drafted. He served. Good for him. But he damn sure isn't any "hero". Add to that his lies..."well, i threw away my medals, no, it was my ribbons, no, my medals...my sister, my daughter, my sister, my daughter..." Who the hell knows what he did.

My dad was in the military, my grandfather was in the military, and i have seen how records are lost and misplaced on a yearly basis. And no, i wasn't in the military. I wasn't called. If i had been called, i would have been there. So spin that all you like.

Big whoop. AS for spin, nunuhhh. Moore cherry picked to get his lies right. That has been proven over and over.

But its nice to see that yet again you just accuse, but do not disprove. Facts don't matter as long as the accusation carries, right?

As for the UN junk...so? I really couldn't give a rats ass what a bunch of Murderous Tyrants and dictators think about us. "He got us kicked off the human rights board"...and thats another lie. We were rotated out, just like other countries, in an attempt at parity, you know, making us equal to the rest of the world. But, who was it they replaced us with?

C'mon, i bet if you look, you can give us the answer?

Again, truth is a killer. Try it.

Something pithy!
#559947 07/21/04 07:42 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
Like my liberal wife says, you don't change horses mid-stream.
But this isn't mid-stream. It's fork-in-the-road.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#559948 07/21/04 08:44 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
opinion on your part, sanity.

Look, im pretty much middle of the road, with a conservative leaning. I think the extreme factions that have been driving the parties on EACH side are frickin' nuts, and more than a little hysterical.

The ABB's don't even know their candidate, and apparantly don't care to, cause he sure as hell isn't saying anything substantive other than he will turn the country's true governance over to the UN.

The right's brigade of nutcases freak out over gay marriage, something that has been co-opted from religion to legal battles, how F'ed up is that?

But Bush, whether you want to admit it or not, has provided leadership. The country is pulling out of the dot.com bubble burst, despite having a major financial event (911), dispite thieving corporate fraudists, despite the true causes of rising gas prices, which is the venuzuala (sp?) oil field strikes, the problems with the russian supplies, and the OPEC created supply shortages.

When they start screaming about where Bush was when 9/11 went down, they conviently leave out that at that moment, despite being in command of, and in touch with, the federal gov, bush was ferried (sp?) away by the Secret Service, who had control of the physical location of the president in times of security threats. That is their MANDATE, their sole reason for coming into existence, if not their sole reason for existing now. They are charged with the safety of the life of the President, for the good of the country.

They say he sat there and did nothing. But do you honestly think nothing was taking place? No, agencies were gathering info. What was he supposed to do in front of that crowd of school children? Scream, cry, run around like a chicken with his head cut off?

Like him or hate him, he has provided through his administration solid leadership.

Then you still get the whole "he stole the election" dispite four large, major left-leaning news agencies that do not report to the gov doing their own recounts, taking over six months, and still proving that Bush won the electoral votes. Yet, somehow, Bush stole it because it was Florida, and his brother was Governor. What they don't say is that the DEMS were running the elections in the contested counties.

He has proven he has the leadership, and the ability to make tough decisions and stand by them. Kerry has proven that he can't tell whether it is night or day without changing his mind twice in three hours.

I don't want someone that indecisive leading my country. That is why bush gets my vote. Not because he is republican.

Something pithy!
#559949 07/21/04 08:52 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And with a job to finish, yeah, i consider it still mid-stream.

Something pithy!
#559950 07/21/04 11:19 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
sigh.

as usual conservatives only see what they want, facts be damned.

I think the average person is seeing though the BS, though, and that's why the Bush team is so hard on the offensive.

Does anyone think for one second that if a Democrat had done any of the things our commander-in-theif has done, they'd be using the same lame defenses? hell, no!
Republican hypocracy at its best, once again.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#559951 07/21/04 11:21 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Bush is about the only one who could make Slick Willie look honest and trustworthy in comparison.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#559952 07/21/04 12:17 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Okay, Kent, regarding what i talked about, which part was a lie?

And please, give proofs, not opinions. If you can i am willing to listen to them, honestly.

And when i say proof, i don't mean the michael moore type, but honest facts that can be substantiated.

Something pithy!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,196
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Time-Teller Lad
Time-Teller Lad
The Rookery
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star