Roll Call
1 members (razsolo), 35 Murran Spies, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by razsolo - 05/04/24 11:08 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:26 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:21 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:26 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:25 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/04/24 12:22 PM
not just another Pantha's dismembered head thread...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 11:54 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:29 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Tea Lovers
#563255 10/09/03 01:55 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Bagged or fresh leaves?

Milk or lemon?

My favourites: Earl Grey or Chamomile (bagged), fresh mint & catnip. I got green tea because it's supposed to be healthy, but don't find it's that great. Never add anything and I like it pretty strong.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
Re: Tea Lovers
#563256 10/09/03 02:13 AM
Leader
Leader
I love my tea, although I've cut down quite a bit because it does tend to make me a little dehydrated (I'm seriously allergic to coffee and the doctor reckons that while I'm not allergic to caffine, which is usually the case with coffee allergies, it doesn't really agree with me terribly well. Still, nothing on earth would possess me to drink de-caffinated tea. Bleech).

I have to admit that most of the time I just drink good old PG Tips. Best branded bog standard tea there is. Bags if I'm just making one cup (even though my tea mug does hold a whole pint) but loose leaf if I'm making a pot which I do occasionally. I quite like Gunpowder every now and again but it's certainly an aquired taste. Like FC though I'm not really overly keen on green tea. Not that i dislike it, just that it doesn't really taste of very much.

I also have some Sticky Toffee Pudding leaf tea from Whittards. Whittards is a fabulous tea shop (not sure if it's in the US as well) and as well as regular teas and coffees and fruit teas and stuff they do a lot of flavoured teas. They don't use artifical flavourings or anything so they're all dead good and the smell of the shop is fabulous. Anyway, the best flavoured tea they do is, like I say, the Sticky Toffee Pudding. Really good quality tea leaves with big lumps of hard caramel in them which melt really nicely when you brew the tea. It's just enough to give the tea a really nice toffee flavour (not too sweet since the sugar in the caramel is burnt). Especially good with a little bit of milk in it.

I do drink my tea with milk unless it's something like gunpowder. And I have to admit i drink Earl Grey with a bit of milk too. I know that's meant to be some kind of henious crime amongst tea drinkers but I like it that way. smile

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
#563257 10/09/03 02:28 AM
Reservist
Reservist
I drink quite a bit of tea at work, but it's all special no-name work tea.

At home I uaully drink Earl Grey, although occasionally I like a Lapsang. (I also have to confess to putting a spot of milk in my Earl Grey too) Thanks to Bevis I've just been reminded of Gunpowder...it's lovely but I've not had it for years! I'm going shopping on Saturday in town so may just pick up some.

Green tea I like but I don't really enjoy herbal/fruit teas...they just doesn't feel right to me; although I do love belgian fruit beer like Kreik, but that as they say is a different story.

#563258 10/09/03 03:09 AM
G
Leader
Leader
G
"Tea. Earl Grey. Hot. Shaken, not stirred." -- Jean-Luc Bond

I'm an iced tea man, myself ... not "sweet," as they say in The South, but straight up. Plenty of lemon. And a proper long spoon, dammit.

#563259 10/09/03 05:56 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm with Grey. What's with not having the right kind of spoon when you order an iced tea?

Tetley is my favorite, iced preferably. Ice tea is the only beverage I order in restaurants anymore. Just can't stand more than a couple of sodas a day, if that, and I drink those at work. We keep a gallon jug of ice tea in the fridge year round. Very light on the sugar and plenty of lemon to go around.

#563260 10/09/03 09:22 AM
A
Active
Active
A
Let's see...
I must have coffee in the morning and after lunch or I'm comatose. Later in the afternoon, I prefer a Double Bergamot Earl Grey. Before bed, I go for a Triple Ginseng. If only they would quadruple something, I'm sure I'd try it.

#563261 10/09/03 12:02 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I have one cup of coffee when I get up. For the rest of the day, I drink tea. I have about 10 different kinds in my office - mainly green teas, which I find easier on the stomach in the morning. In the afternoon, I have a cup of orange tea, like Lyon Mountain Keemum. I never use milk or sugar.

#563262 10/09/03 06:21 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I've quit tea entirely, and I rarely have coffee anymore. No formal decision to do it; I just stopped.

I did like Earl Grey. But straight up, no milk or lemon.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#563263 10/10/03 11:41 AM
Leader
Leader
I tend to like the fruity teas. Republic of Tea makes one I really like called Wild Berry Plum. But I have to add sugar.

I like iced tea, but I'm one of those that likes it sweet. If I order it in a restaurant, my hubby hides the sugar packets from me because he thinks I use too many. smile

Eric

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,113
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
The Crusader
The Crusader
LMBP Outpost
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star