Roll Call
0 members (), 27 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:06 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:32 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:11 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:56 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:55 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Oh My GOD, that's annoying!
#563439 09/07/10 09:46 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Why are there still car alarms? Has anyone in the last 5 years ever heard their car alarm go off and check to see if something was wrong? I don't even know if I have one--so if mine's ever gone off, I definitely didn't turn it off.

It was a good experiment but it failed and it's just annoying. Eliminate them completely from cars.

#563440 09/08/10 05:03 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
People at conventions who stop in crowded walkways to take pictures of people in costumes.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#563441 09/08/10 06:39 PM
strange but not a stranger
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Why are there still car alarms? Has anyone in the last 5 years ever heard their car alarm go off and check to see if something was wrong? I don't even know if I have one--so if mine's ever gone off, I definitely didn't turn it off.

It was a good experiment but it failed and it's just annoying. Eliminate them completely from cars.
When a car alarm goes off on my street, my only thought is "Shut that blankety-blank thing off!"

Also back when car alarms first came out my friends and I were walking through a parking lot and brushed against a car that had a voice alarm. The voice said "This is a secured vehicle. Please step away from the car." We stayed for a bit and taunted the car. "I'm near you." "I'm touching you."

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#563442 09/09/10 11:16 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Quis, that sounds like a country honky tonk song,

"Tauntin' Cars an' Hittin' Bars"

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!
#563443 09/09/10 09:00 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
We have a set of blue-and-gray carts at work that look kind of like super-sized library carts. The damn things are necessary for the job, and yet each and every last one of them is so cheap and/or poorly maintained that it steers across the warehouse like it's possessed by demons. They weave like a drunk on New Years Eve. They squeak. They freeze up when you want them to move and they move when you want them to stay still. Regardless of whether or not one's standing on a level or unlevel part of the floor while trying to use them. It drives me crazy! The fact that standard procedure is to pull a pallet of goods behind oneself while pushing The Cart From Hades in front of oneself only makes the agita that much worse, since then one has to try and control The Beast while steering with only one hand.

Pulling the cart instead of pushing it solves no problems, as it's apt to move too quickly and bark up against one's Achilles tendon-- or any other part of the laborer that's not protected by steel toes.

You should hear the colorful language that I've managed to produce when this has happened. Er, but-- maybe it's better that you can't.

shake

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#563444 09/10/10 06:26 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I... I like colorful language. Blue Moon. Red sunset. Foamy green surf... Has anyone seen my kitten?

*see, toldja I was annoying.

Something pithy!
#563445 09/11/10 02:27 PM
You painted your kitten? I hope it was with edible paint. shake

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#563446 09/11/10 07:26 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
nah, dyed elmer's glue. Kitten got happy every time he heard Lionel Richie's "Stuck on you..."

Something pithy!
#563447 09/19/10 02:55 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
You know what's annoying? People who stand *RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SIDEWALK!* I'm in NYC so obviously it's more of an issue here than in many other places, but if you're in a group of some sort, how do you feel it's appropriate to just fucking hang out in the middle of a busy sidewalk so everyone has to walk all the way around you or have to weave their way through you saying "excuse me" the whole time and then *barely* make the slightest effort to step aside and then afterwards just resuming your position at the center of the goddamed universe!?!

Anytime I find myself in a group like that I immediately feel self-conscious and suggest my group step to the side to get out of the way - even if there's no one there at the time. but hey, that's just me not being a giant flaming dick...

#563448 09/19/10 03:18 PM
A variation of this that I have mentioned before is the couple. You are walking on a narrow sidewalk or stairs. Coming from the opposite direction is the couple walking together. Now instead of splitting up and going single file, they continue as a couple, sometimes they squeeze together a bit. Heaven forbid that they stop walking side by side for just a few seconds. I am sure that will end their whole relationship.

And don't get me started about people with strollers, especially on a bus.

Obviously there are a few couples and people with strollers who do make an effort to be courteous and not be in the way, but they seem outnumbered by the others.

#563449 09/20/10 08:57 PM
On a related note: I'm gonna' go nuclear against the next jackass on the bus who insists on occupying the OUTER (aisle) of two bus seats by himself/herself when the bus is clearly full or near-capacity full.

The other day, I had to stand over one such specimen waving my hand in front of her face repeatedly before she would deign to share the seat with me at rush hour.

(Do people seriously think that if they look through you and concentrate on their music/texting/random toy long enough, you'll eventually give up and let them have one seat for themselves plus one for their damn handbag/backpack on a crowded bus? Guess again, Princess. I've already been standing up today for almost eight hours straight and my left ankle/foot is in a damn brace! Pick up your ugly carryall and move the hell over before I effing kill you! <span style="font-size: 11px;">Spoiled @#$%*! brat.</span>)

And she didn't just slide over and let me sit down, or get up, or even turn sideways so I could easily get to the window seat without having to struggle with a bad foot on a moving bus. No, she just sat there and made me CLIMB OVER HER to reach the window seat, lest she lose five precious seconds of texting some other twit-- who was doubtless also being a jerk across town on some other bus.

scream scream scream

[deep breath]

<span style="font-size: 11px;">Okay. I'm better now. Thanks, LMB.</span>

#563450 09/20/10 09:18 PM
That reminds me of riding the subway on the weekend when there is something happening like a Red Sox game. All these people from the burbs come in and use the subway. They will crowd around the door waiting to get on a train and then stop right inside the door. You then have to get by them to get on. I assume they are afraid that they will get stuck on the subway and miss their stop. Heavens what will they do if that happens?

#563451 09/20/10 09:21 PM
Oy. shake

Quis, I've seen similar when I have to travel by the light rail past the stadium on game or concert nights. The best part is when the fans in question spend their whole trip commenting loudly to each other about how much they hate the city and all the weirdos they have to share the rails with in order to watch their precious basketball or rock concert live.

:rolleyes:

#563452 09/20/10 09:38 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
What you are both describing is depressingly like D.C. Metro travel.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#563453 09/20/10 09:54 PM
The language of jerkitude knows no state boundary, OM.

#563454 09/21/10 08:58 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Ah, but therein lies the fun, and evilness.

find you a really nasty pair of old clothes, throw them down damp and let them mildew a little to get that really mottled look. After washing them (you just want the look, not the actual mildew on you) find some really rank cheap eau de toilet water and splash all over the clothes ( or a coat might work better if you don't want to be touching the clothes). Then, go to the novelty store and find some bad joke teeth.

now, when the nut jobs are making life miserable, just find you a spot right in the middle of the aisle, or at the doorway, and start mumbling to yourself. If you are a fan of Terry Pratchett, use the time honored "Millennium hand and shrimp" made famous by Foul 'Ole Ron.

Then, when one of the jerks says something, make up some foul sounding phony curse and lay it on them.

After the lightweights run for the hills, doff the coat and let everyone else in on the joke. they will appreciate it.

*Oh, and a fart machine or sneeze machine coupled with a spray bottle... funny as hell, just be prepared for possible fisticuffs. and remember, this is for beginners. Advanced evil classes will be held on Thursdays at 10 pm.

Something pithy!
#563455 09/22/10 07:37 AM
Well, it has comedy-sketch potential, rick. But IRL, it would more likely just make one a target for cops, hired PBA "security," and local Skinheads.

shake

#563456 09/22/10 09:22 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
When I was in South Dakota and at a bar, I was in a conversation with a guy from Souix Falls and told him I'm from the New York City area. He had the nerve to ask me "what's with the poltics over there? Did everyone forget 9/11?"

Asshole. Take your politics and shove them up your ass. I see Ground Zero several times a month. No one here has forgotten; we certainly don't need jingiostics using 9/11 as a symbol for their politics to be reminded about it.

#563457 09/22/10 11:09 AM
On a related note to CK:

I'm gonna' punch the next clown who gives me that tired old saw about, "If you don't vote, you lose your right to complain."

Uh, no. I don't. Voting is not the be-all and end-all of citizen participation. Really, it's not. Who died and made YOU the Speech Police?

Furthermore, I frequently suspect that non-voters in this country are the only people smart enough to learn from their previous mistakes. tongue

#563458 10/20/10 11:13 AM
This is one of those weeks where EVERYTHING is annoying.

But knowing that downtown is gonna' be thrown into chaos after work because of President Hope's visit is the cherry on top of the Annoying Sundae. I'll be lucky if mr_cleome makes it home from work before 8 PM. And I'll be skipping out early even though it costs me half an hour's pay, because people are going to try and avoid downtown which means my commute is likely going to stink, too. Gah.

#563459 10/20/10 11:17 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
ok i've got one.

your classmate from college is in the new york times this morning. about his new firm.

and he was actually a really nice guy. so i can't even be a hater ...

oh well, guess, i'd better apply to a job or something.

#563460 10/20/10 05:40 PM
Active
Active
The turkey in the cubicle next to me has two volumes on the phone - loud and extremely loud. He's also got his cell phone up so loud that it disrupts the area any time it goes off - which is a lot.

BUT ... because he's the "golden child" nothing will ever change.

You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.
#563461 10/20/10 06:43 PM
Originally posted by cleome:
This is one of those weeks where EVERYTHING is annoying.

But knowing that downtown is gonna' be thrown into chaos after work because of President Hope's visit is the cherry on top of the Annoying Sundae. I'll be lucky if mr_cleome makes it home from work before 8 PM. And I'll be skipping out early even though it costs me half an hour's pay, because people are going to try and avoid downtown which means my commute is likely going to stink, too. Gah.
This past Saturday I went to the Wizards World con here in Boston. The same convention center was also holding a rally for our governor and President Obama was there. I thought that that might make it difficult to get into the con. But my friend and I just walked in, no problem.

Hopefully the traffic will no be so bad.

#563462 10/21/10 01:21 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm with Cle on that one. We had some predidential "candidates" come to Francis Marion College waaaaay back when I was a student.

Couldn't get to class...people that normally wouldn't be caught dead there walking around like they owned the place. People that had never done anything for the school and students acting like we should kiss their feet for them allowing us to go to school there.

Hey, ahole, I paid my tuition, it wasn't a favor to me. You wanna brownnose and ass kiss, go somewhere else.

Something pithy!
#563463 10/21/10 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
This past Saturday I went to the Wizards World con here in Boston. The same convention center was also holding a rally for our governor and President Obama was there. I thought that that might make it difficult to get into the con. But my friend and I just walked in, no problem.

Hopefully the traffic will no be so bad.
It was better than I expected. The supervisor actually gave me a lift halfway home in exchange for my staying the full day.

However, I spent the entire bus ride studiously avoiding eye contact with the meth head parked right in the seat in front of me. It wasn't easy, either, because she was turning around multiple times to have very loud conversations with her buddies who had scattered all over the bus.

Some days, I just can't win. :rolleyes:

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,964
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
EmeraldEmpress
EmeraldEmpress
London, UK
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star