Roll Call
0 members (), 66 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 05/13/24 07:30 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/13/24 07:23 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Gaseous Lad - 05/13/24 04:44 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Battlestar Galactica - Season 4
#572998 01/16/09 02:46 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Set Condition One throughout the Fleet! BSG Starts up again tonight (In Canada anyway, don't know about the rest of you).

#572999 01/16/09 10:50 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Well, that was an amazing 1 hr 4 min of TV. This show never fails to surprise, but as much by its characters as its plot twists. One thing I don't buy, though:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">The inhabitants of Earth being Cylons</span></span>

What I don't buy is that those <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Cylons</span></span> are us, present-day Earthers. The timeline stated in the show doesn't work out. If Kobol was evacuated 3,600 years previously and the 12 colonies founded and Earth populated the 13th tribe of <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Cylons</span></span>, who are then nuked 2,000 years prior to Galactica's time, that means the 13th tribe populates Earth 400 CE or later. Doesn't work for the long record of sapient habitation on Earth prior to 400 CE. Until the show proves me wrong, I continue to believe that humanity's path goes 1) Earth -> 2) Kobol -> 3) 12 Colonies and Earth. I think the <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Cylons</span></span> found nuked on Earth emulated the society their builders/ancestors had left.

And while the developments with Kara were pretty much what I expected somehow, it didn't detract one iota from the creepiness. Speaking of which, the whole look of Earth is an amazing piece of location selection, cinematography and color manipulation. It's powerfully effective.

But I've spent too much time dwelling on the plot and mythology (which IS really fun), to the detriment of the character work, which is as good any the show has delivered. Adama, Tigh, Dee (poor Dee!), Lee. My gods, Tigh and Adama are a pair. My favorite scene was the final one, Tigh wading into the water, seeing if he was ready to give up, and instead he receives a baptism of fire and revelation that tells us the identity of the 5th Cylon and gives him a glimpse of his "last life" on Earth. What a piece of work!

...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"
#573000 01/16/09 10:51 PM
Active
Active
Great episode!!
I didnt like who was revealed to be the fifth
and I love who the 13th tribe was!!

#573001 01/17/09 12:52 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
As mind-blowing as the revelations were in the first ep, I wouldn't take them all at face value just yet. I feel like we're just scratching the surface of what's really going on.

Dee's scene definitely posessed the most shock value for me. And Starbuck's discovery was creepy as all get out - nicely played. She finally found a way to get Leoben to leave her alone at least wink

Did anyone else watch the webisodes? I wonder where all that will lead with Geyda's upcoming actions.

#573002 01/17/09 07:51 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
: (

watching it now....

bleh! so much despair and melodrama...blah blah.

i feel like it's just written for effect now, writing masturbation, some thing's don't even make sense.....looks like it's going the way of lost.

who cares about every one's deep dark doubts!!

they found a big blue planet, which was nuked 1000 years ago!! remediation anyone? chernobyl is already inhabitable!!! are they looking for club med?

and they got a new truce with the cyclons!

set up shop whiners or find a better planet. and get to breading...that would solve the population problem and everyone's depression!! or go back to caprica. the resistance were not suffering from radiation poisoning.

and i don't even like dee. and i'm still confused about the fifth......and i really didn't like seeing the president's "soft side". she's been my favorite from the start.

grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

but it looks like they put all the superstition and metaphysical "god" weirdness to rest.

#573003 01/17/09 07:52 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
hey does anyone know if 20,000 is enough to create a viable population? methinks so...with some organization.

#573004 01/18/09 01:16 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
20,000 should be plenty. If they were down to a dozen or so, genetics would become an issue, but they seem to have plenty. They do need to, in the words of Roslin from season one, 'start making babies.' The only two infants in the fleet are half-cylon, and the only people having regular sex are either cylons, or part of Baltar's Bimbo Emporium, Sex Cult and Traveling Circus (and given how many dozens of people he's shacked up with, he seems to be shooting blanks, if ya know what I mean).

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#573005 01/20/09 04:00 PM
Deputy
Deputy
There is a minimum number to be considered genetically viable. I'm not smart enough to know what the number is, but 20,000 should be plenty.

DEE! WTF! It's not terribly often my jaw literally drops. Completely unexpected. I really want an explanation. I don't think for a minute that she would do that just because of the Earth discovery.

I'm not sure about the fifth Cylon. It seems like it might actually be a case of wish fulfillment for Tigh. The death and rebirth of Starbuck seem to indicate that she is the fifth Cylon, but again, I'm not sure I'm buying easy explanations at this point.

There are certainly more babies than the half Cylon babies. We just haven't seen much of them.

Chernobyl is not habitable.

Roslin isn't exactly hugs and kisses anymore, is she? It's too bad we're not going to get a picture of a BSG Obama presidency...Kinda funny that the definitive picture of America in the Oughts is fading to black just as the government that inspired so many of the plotlines is mercifully going away....

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!
#573006 01/21/09 02:43 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally posted by armsfalloffboy:
DEE! WTF! It's not terribly often my jaw literally drops. Completely unexpected. I really want an explanation. I don't think for a minute that she would do that just because of the Earth discovery.
As I recall, Dee was from one of the more religiously devout colonies; so this discovery would have shaken everything she believed in very much. Couple that with the failure of her and Lee's relationship, and I can see she may have felt she had nothing left to live for. Faith, Hope & Love--all gone.

Yes, you can argue that things were looking up with Lee, but deep down, she knew she was Lee's second choice. She chose to end it on her terms after having a nice night out.

So, yeah, I can see it. As much as we get to know characters, there's a whole lot that's left to the imagination. We saw other characters struggling with the same choice. Dee was the one who went through with it.

Nonetheless, it was shocking and damned heartbreaking. Just another reason I love this show and will miss it when it's done.

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#573007 01/22/09 01:32 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
As mind-blowing as the revelations were in the first ep, I wouldn't take them all at face value just yet. I feel like we're just scratching the surface of what's really going on.

Dee's scene definitely posessed the most shock value for me. And Starbuck's discovery was creepy as all get out - nicely played. She finally found a way to get Leoben to leave her alone at least wink

Did anyone else watch the webisodes? I wonder where all that will lead with Geyda's upcoming actions.
I'm watching the webisodes right now, actually.

Agreed about the 'scratching the surface.'

I still thikn there have been enough signs hinting of the 'City of Lights' and the Orig-Series faux-Earth with its own Cold War. The dead Kara suggests to me that there were Earth survivors who ascended into non-corporeal life, and Kara's forgotten journey mirrors theirs.

Dee was a shocker, but on re-watching it, all of Dee's scenes lead into it with amazing precision and craft. Good point, Lardy, about Dee's religion. It does meake sense, sadly. They did it well.

20K is enough, from what I've read. A near-ELE once reduced global human levels to 5-20K a long long time ago.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#573008 01/22/09 01:43 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Don't know how many of you are Canadian, but Space (The Network BSG plays on here), ran an... interesting choice for the commercial island after Dee's suicide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW2_2ihIuzI

#573009 01/22/09 02:06 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
LOL!

both the song and imagery!

I am glad I did not see that with the ep, and that I did see it with warning.

#573010 01/22/09 02:27 PM
Active
Active
bah
thats funny, its only a tv show.

#573011 01/22/09 02:35 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
lol That was pretty funny!

The episode itself was great, though. I'm glad they went to a dark place after all their hopes and dreams were dashed. I never expected it, but it made a lot of sense.

As for Ellen, it works. I mean, it explains why she didn't appear with the other four. And, somehow, it would've really hurt the show to make it Adama or Roslin. I think the remaining episodes will pay it off in ways we can barely guess.

#573012 01/22/09 02:39 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
I still thikn there have been enough signs hinting of the 'City of Lights' and the Orig-Series faux-Earth with its own Cold War. The dead Kara suggests to me that there were Earth survivors who ascended into non-corporeal life, and Kara's forgotten journey mirrors theirs.
My memories of the Original Series aren't perfect, but "faux-Earth"? I remember them discovering Korbal and a planet called Terra with some friendlies on it, but not a fake Earth. Refresh?

#573013 01/22/09 03:25 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Terra may have been it.

what I meant by "faux" was that it was a 2-parter introing the City of Lights angelic types, Starebuck's viper and uniform go all white, and the planet mistaken for earth was on the verge of an East-West nuke war of some sort. At the end, the angelic beings tell them it isn't eart, and the fleet goes merrily on its way, presumably leaving the Terrans as fodder for the Cylon fleet pursuing them.

#573014 01/22/09 03:44 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Okay, here is a summary of the episode I think you are referring to. It certainly could be an explanation for this ruined Earth they found. Frankly, I'm hoping for another, more unexpected resolution.

#573015 01/23/09 11:28 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm sure they have something unexpected in mind, but I still think this will all tie into the Terra/Ship of Lights (not City of Lights. my bad), just as other key elements of the series have touched upon orig-series elements: the visit to Korbol, the Pegasus, human-looking Cylons (from G:1980), for instance.

We have the white viper, the harmonic song, and at the tail end of one ep, something resembling the Ship of Lights seemed to be following them.

Kara's visit to Earth (and her presumed death) was clearly not just a simple case of amnesia, nor her sense of when the fleet was moving in the wrong direction. The changes made to the white viper likewise suggest something guiding them to this Earth yet remaining out of sight. In TOS, we as viewers saw John, but this time around his equivalent remains deliberately out of sight from both Kara and us.

My predictions:

1. Earthers/Terrans did survive in an ascended form, a nearby colony, or some other alt-form of existence.
2. Alternately, this Earth is a red herring placed where star patterns now align; the real Earth and its solar system have since revolved away and still exist under different star patterns than were recorded on Korbol. Rather than being ascended, the Ship of Lights/man-behind-the-curtain merely have a higher form of tech to remain unseen.

But that five were reincarnated still defies my guesswork. There are too many possibilities, and I'll wait for more clues before hypothesizing.

#573016 01/23/09 09:19 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
There was a scandalous rumor that Dirk Benedict would show up in the final episode as 'the One' that the Cylons worship, complete with the 'Ship of Lights.'

But I think it's been debunked, and, frankly, I wouldn't want to see that storyline touched if Count Iblis wasn't involved. 'Cause he was cool!

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#573017 01/24/09 08:17 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
hmmm. just watched "a disquiet follows my soul"

gaida is a dumb**S

and i can't wait for roslin to stop being such a quitter and throw zerak out an airlock. and why are these quorum fools such sheep.

im glad at least starbuck still has her stones.

#573018 01/26/09 11:14 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Did anyone else watch the webisodes? I wonder where all that will lead with Geyda's upcoming actions.[/QB]
I think this ep began to answer that Q.

And of course his and even Tom Zarek's frustrations do make sense. No matter how practical an alliance with the rebel Cylons may be, there are still the same beings who committed genocide.

#573019 01/30/09 10:19 PM
M
matlock Offline OP
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
M
This week's ep. was pretty tense. Gaeta's attempt to relieve the Admiral is having mixed results. I was a bit sad to see some of the other 2nd tier characters going along, seemingly just to put some "faces" to the mutineers especially Racetrack, Skulls and Seelix. I suppose it's not looking well for them when this all ends. I hope the show doesn't spiral down into a few gratuitous deaths every week just because it's ending. We lost poor ol' Chief Laird this week. Hopefully Conners and Gage will get it though. I can't believe Adama would even give Cain's pet torturer/rapist Gage a uniform and permanent latrine duty. Well, onward and downward. At least Starbuck was enjoying herself.

#573020 02/04/09 06:07 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
this weeks episode was awesome!! i cheered. and i watched it by myself!! but ditto on gage.

i saw anders at target today!

#573021 02/04/09 07:08 PM
M
matlock Offline OP
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
M
I didn't realize, but both the guys that tried to beat up Helo and Chief were in the mutineers, Gage and Vereen (or something like that) and apparently Captain Kelly, who was last seen being led off after trying to assasinate Romo Lampkin during Baltar's trial. Kelly first appeared in the miniseries as the Landing Signal Officer, which put him pretty high in the org chart. Gaeta and Kelly were among the first characters in the mini to appear with the Admiral, both telling him what an honor it had been to serve with him...

Looking at comments around the net, I'm sort of surprised by how hateful people are towards Gaeta.

#573022 02/05/09 02:44 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
i hate gaeta. he seems like a lot of people you meet in real life, spineless powerhungry sycophants with enormous egos....

i'm worried for athena. (i think boomer didn't have a baby) and six.

it's a bit vague as too whether the skin jobs have super strength or not. sometimes they seem to and other times not.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,265
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Lightning Lad
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
SeaPea
SeaPea
Orange County, CA
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star