Roll Call
0 members (), 56 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/13/24 03:29 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 05/13/24 05:34 AM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 02:15 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Battlestar Galactica - Season 4
#573073 03/21/09 11:44 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
There's a problem with bringing in a character like Daniel and then, doing nothing with him! It's a bit rediculus, I think, or a purposeful misdirection.
And for the writers to be surprised that people see a connection between Starbuck, the song and Daniel is a bit farfetched, too, I think, no matter what they're saying now.
sigh

Be that as it may, I thought many parts of the ending were beautiful.

Starbucks goodbye to Sam made me cry, as did his final, unheard words to her.

The presidents death and the admirals words on the cliff were also gorgeous as was all of that incredible scenery.

How Starbuck disappeared and her peace and smile at the end were wonderful.

Ummm, I do wish they'd given just a little more information on Baltasar and the cylon, though.
Was/is he one of the very 'angels' that he was wondering about?
Was he a more lasting version of Starbuck?
A hundred and fifty thousand years later, there they were/are, with the idea that sooner or later, repeating history with have enough of a change that the human-cylon conflict won't happen.
But, how do we learn from history if we can't remember it?

God is obviiously very much involved ~ I don't see how the Galactica humans could fit so closely, genetically, to the new planet and its life, without help on a pretty grand scale.
Heras cylon gene additions, especially.

Anyway, I thought it was a pretty good ending to a show that was undoubtedly groundbreaking, but perhaps, not so engaging.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#573074 03/22/09 06:19 AM
Active
Active
again i didnt like the lack of explanation for baltaar, so the only explanation is that God protected him. Baltaar and Caprica 6 were seeing "angels" or God;s little helpers, lol, whether they are tempting or helping.

#573075 03/23/09 06:11 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
The final episode was moving, but, y'know, I think the ending when they first discovered Earth had more of an impact.

#573076 03/30/09 08:44 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I left on vacation the morning after the finale, and I've been processing it ever since. My initial reaction was an overwhelming feeling of renewal that has stuck with me for the 10 days since. The rescue of Hera was probably the best sci-fi action sequence filmed to date, and the second hour? It reminded me of how important, special rare our Earth is and our responsibility to not eff it up. It reminded me of humanity's ability to connect to it's past ("real" and "imagined") and to reach for the eternal, and the eternal's occasional appearance to meet us halfway. At first I was astounded by Starbuck's "ascension," but why not? It's worked for other important human stories. It's not really any more mysterious than the Monolith of 2001. And Baltar. What can you say about a a character who is both the destroyer and savior of humanity, spokesman for the transcendent power of god's love, and finally the first farmer on the new earth?

...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"
#573077 03/31/09 08:10 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I'm just simultaneously interested that my man Dylan was channeling a song that was millenia old when he wrote "All Along the Watchtower." Hmmm, with all the speculation why wasn't it "Daniel?" Too many chord changes...

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!
#573078 03/31/09 10:32 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
My theory/hope was that it would be revealed that Starbuck *was* Daniel resurrected - just in a female body. It would've been a great play on the fact that Starbuck was a man in the previous series.

#573079 04/01/09 09:01 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I like that idea, Drake! It's funny how the whole "Daniel" thing was backstory for Cavil and a CYA for the writers for skipping Cylon #7, but it's achieved a life of its own among the fans. Shows how good the show is to inspire that much creativity.

As for "All Along the Watchtower", it hits at the central dilemma of the show:

"There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke
But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late".

Namely, is humanity worthy of survival? Adama poses that question at the start. The answer to me seems "just barely" -- Galactica's humanity "survives" only in the genes passed on by Hera.

An AR thought I've had -- back in the Kobol episodes, the tomb of Athena contained the (2nd) Earth zodiacal constellations, which were also on the colonial flags. Now, there is probably NO way that the 1st, "real" earth could have had those same constellations unless it was REALLY close to our earth. So, I think the long-run "god/gods" plan was for humanity to end up on our earth.

...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"
#573080 04/01/09 09:34 AM
Deputy
Deputy
As always when I finish a movie or TV series or book, now I want to go back and rewatch the whole thing with the context of the ending. Maybe SciFi ("seefee" is how I read the new name) will rerun over the summer. SO not looking forward to the end of Lost--there's a lot of that show I don't want to rewatch!

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!
#573081 04/01/09 12:35 PM
Active
Active
See i like lost, and i watch the reruns the next week when they have the Pop Up Info along the bottom. But they havent been playing the Pop Up episodes the past 2 weeks

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,258
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Faraway Lad, Kid Charlemagne
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Elvis Lad
Elvis Lad
Hollywood, Ca
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star