Roll Call
1 members (stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86, stile86), 35 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/03/24 08:13 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/03/24 08:11 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 05/03/24 08:10 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 05/03/24 08:07 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/03/24 07:20 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:58 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:54 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by razsolo - 05/03/24 06:53 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 66 of 86 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 85 86
Re: So what are you WATCHING?
Ultra Jorge #827065 11/04/14 11:35 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
See, that was part of my concern about the first couple of episodes, but I thought the last ep. in particular changed up the formula enough to make it interesting, with allowing the villain to effectively win and get away (plus actually making the villain an interesting character).

Ultra Jorge #827081 11/05/14 11:51 AM
Reservist
Reservist
I feel the same. I really don’t mind the villain of the week though because I like to see all these characters get on TV before it’s gone.

I think they it’s so cool they got Shipp to be Barry’s dad. Now Amanda Pays, Iris West from the first show, is going to be on it as Dr. Tina McGee! I’m hoping that Mark Hamill shows up somehow!

WangLung #827088 11/05/14 01:51 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally Posted by WangLung
Now Amanda Pays, Iris West from the first show, is going to be on it as Dr. Tina McGee!

Actually, she was also Tina McGee on the first show, not Iris! nod

I’m hoping that Mark Hamill shows up somehow!

That would be GREAT! They even had two generations of Tricksters in the Wally West Flash comic at one point, so they could use that if they wanted to!

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
Ultra Jorge #827155 11/06/14 08:31 AM
Reservist
Reservist
Thanks for the correction. I forgot because they didn't have Iris at all and made her the love interest instead. Wow! she's playing the same character!

Ultra Jorge #827645 11/11/14 10:17 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Did anyone else watch the season finale for Doctor Who the other night? I still haven't decided if I liked it or not and I'm curious to get some other perspectives.

Ultra Jorge #827865 11/13/14 04:05 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
So a few weeks ago, my Dad told me he can't get over how much he loves his new favorite TV series: the Flash. I was surprised because I had thought the Flash looked a little, well, cheesy. But he loved it. So much so that he's kept telling me every time I've seen him and talked to him.

So much so, even, that he might start reading comics again--after like a 15 year hiatus where he just hasn't had the inspiration.

So I decided I would check it out.

And you know what? I loved it! I love everything about it! The actors, the colorfulness, and most importantly the sense of fun! I just watched Ep 4, the Captain Cold episode, last night and thought it was the best yet. Captain Cold was the best villain and it featured the Arrow character Felicity Smoke, who was fantastic.

It's definitely not the Barry Allen I know, but its close enough. And its a different medium so I'm not too beholden to what I see the Flash as, so long as the spirit of the series is there. Which it definitely is.

So I'm in.

And, to follow-up on something Lardy said to me a few weeks ago (which I purposely waited to respond to ;)): my Dad has now told me "if you think the Flash is good, wait until you see Arrow!"

Say what? So I've got my Dad, my buddies on Legion World, and Lardy, whose opinion on comic books is one I consider to be one of the best in all of fandom, telling me I need to watch Arrow? Perhaps its time. I definitely loved the Arrow cameo in Flash and then the Felicity guest-star. The latter is amazing because I've never even heard of the character before!

Just when I thought DC was a disaster film wise, it turns out their television people may actually be the best part of the company that I never knew about.

Ultra Jorge #827867 11/13/14 04:09 PM
Substitute
Substitute
I think the Flash is my favorite TV show currently running. It feels a lot like a modern Silver Age style of storytelling. I am blown away by the special effects every episode and I think Gustin is a perfect Barry. What a great time to be a nerd!

Cobalt Kid #827920 11/13/14 08:51 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally Posted by Cobalt Kid

And, to follow-up on something Lardy said to me a few weeks ago (which I purposely waited to respond to ;)):

confused Whatever could you be referring to...?!?!? angel

Originally Posted by Paladin
Originally Posted by Cobalt Kid
I've never watched an ep of Arrow before.

Just so you know: I kind of hate you for this. tease

Oh, thaaaaaaaaat! blush

Well, at LEAST you listened to your dad, you bastard! grin

Say what? So I've got my Dad, my buddies on Legion World, and Lardy, whose opinion on comic books is one I consider to be one of the best in all of fandom, telling me I need to watch Arrow? Perhaps its time. I definitely loved the Arrow cameo in Flash and then the Felicity guest-star. The latter is amazing because I've never even heard of the character before!

All I can say is that I liked Arrow from the get-go, and it gets exponentially better as it goes! nod It may not exactly be the Oliver Queen we all know and love and grew up reading about--but if you can reconcile TV Barry with comics Barry, you can definitely do same with TV Ollie! nod

And I fucking LOOOOOOOOVE Felicity Smoak!!!! love

Just when I thought DC was a disaster film wise, it turns out their television people may actually be the best part of the company that I never knew about.

It's like night and day! nod

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
Ultra Jorge #828395 11/16/14 11:45 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Better Off Ted. This was a show on ABC I think it was about five or six years ago. It only had two seasons, but the show was surreal and funny.

Great cast of characters, and the show was very interesting in it's skewering of large corporations and people's own hypocricies.

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!
Ultra Jorge #828973 11/22/14 05:16 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
I absolutely love Better Off Ted. You're right on the money with that one. I can't think of any other workplace comedies with that sense of humor. It didn't try to give the craziness a veneer of "realism" like The Office, it just put it all out there.

Ultra Jorge #829394 11/27/14 08:50 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
I've been watching "Agents of SHIELD" at a rapid clip. I gave it another shot when the 2nd season started and I've really been enjoying it, partly because the show had to recalibrate after the second Captain America movie. TAoS always seemed hampered by what they could do on a TV budget but the lack of crazy Steranko style high adventure fits better with SHIELD's new circumstances. I won't spoil anything but it feels like the show is adding to the MCU now instead of just drawing from it.

The 1st season is up on Netflix now so I've gone back to it and have enjoyed it a lot more too. Maybe because I know where the character arcs are going, it makes it easier to watch the early episodes when it was just a slog through a lot of "crazy misfits learning to be a team" business.

Also, I've been winding down my major rewatching of "The Office;" I finished the Michael Scott era last week. The show had already kind of tailed off by that point but the last sequence of episodes leading to his departure were pretty satisfying.

Ultra Jorge #832251 12/19/14 07:14 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Anybody not watching The 100 is missing out on major grooviness!

Really one of the best shows on TV at the moment.

Ultra Jorge #832252 12/19/14 07:18 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
^A MILLION TIMES, YES.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
Ultra Jorge #833961 01/06/15 07:57 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Saw the film version of Filth, an Irvine Welsh book I read last year (see reading thread). The story's about a corrupt, racist, drug addict Scottish cop who's playing the "games" of putting everybody against one another for his own gratification, when things start to unravel for him.

It was an interesting take, and they navigated some of the more unfilmable parts of the book in inventive ways (the book's partly narrated by a tape worm, and one character isn't who they say they are, which would be much more obvious on film). But it still left me a little flat. They do a good job with some of the evil and vile stuff that Robertson does, but he's too sympathetic (or pathetic would be a better descriptor) too early in the film. They also made a few significant changes to the end that dull some of the impact.

It wasn't a horrible adaptation, but it wouldn't be how I'd envision a film of the book.

Ultra Jorge #834413 01/11/15 05:32 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Favorite video of the moment.

Ultra Jorge #834985 01/14/15 09:57 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Just watched Lars Von Trier's "Melancholia" and thought it was pretty amazing. It's a great mediation on depression with a semi Sci-Fi wrapper. It's the story of two sisters and their struggle with depression and mortality that's heightened by the appearance of a rogue planet that is heading towards Earth.

Kirsten Dunst really impressed me. She continues to take challenging roles and is certainly up to the task in this one.

It's not for everyone, but it sure was beautiful and spoke to me.

Ultra Jorge #837813 02/05/15 11:27 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Ditched cable and only have internet. Been watching Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries. Sexy lady that doesnt' reveal a lot of skin and yet still has allure. Something else else the rest of hollywood might think about.

Fun show, set in the age of the "modern woman" flapper era.

Psych- I just like the show.

Honeybadger- Documentary on honey badgers. My son loves it. He likes that a twenty five pound creature grabbed a rhino by the nads and made it scream like a girl, to put it in his words.

Been trying to keep up with Agent Carter and big bang on internet as well as Castle, but ABC is fucking annoying wanting you to sign in to use their website.

Something pithy!
Ultra Jorge #837819 02/05/15 01:30 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Cable doesn't have much for me. Occasionally, I'll miss ESPN because they have such a monopoly on college sports programming but my ISP does give me access to ESPN3, which lets me see the occasional away game for the local college team and I can watch many of the bigger games in replay.

I was happy that ESPN relented on the college championship and let that be seen using ESPN3. Bonus actually since you had a choice of announcers and views.

Netflix is limited as far as interesting movies but I find old series like Psych that I never saw on their first go-round. Sites like Couch-tuner let me keep up on things that I miss on over-the-air or that are on cable, even if the video quality isn't so great. It's good enough until the DVD set comes out.

Right now I'm on season three of Blue Bloods, which has insanely stupid plot holes but I like the actors and characters so, what the heck.

Ultra Jorge #837850 02/05/15 07:28 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I tried couchtuner but it keeps wanting me to install stuff and I don't do that. Bummer, lots of shows there I'd like to watch.

Something pithy!
rickshaw1 #837851 02/05/15 07:57 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally Posted by rickshaw1
I tried couchtuner but it keeps wanting me to install stuff and I don't do that. Bummer, lots of shows there I'd like to watch.

I normally use my IE browser for Legion World and Netflix but for couch tuner or sites using google ads or lots of pop-ups and auto videos (like ESPN.go) , I'm using firefox with ad block and adobe flash installed and am not getting any pop-ups or requests for installation.

Ultra Jorge #837855 02/05/15 08:49 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Cool, I'll give it a try. I normally use chrome. I have firefox, will have to check out the adblock thing.

Something pithy!
Ultra Jorge #837929 02/06/15 05:14 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
still got the popups. Guess it just wont work for me.

Something pithy!
Dave Hackett #838146 02/08/15 11:01 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Loving the series Banshee.

Some truly badass characters on this show, with very memorable personalities, and some out-of-left-field characters that you would never expect to work, but just flat out do (such as an Amish crimelord!).

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Ultra Jorge #838360 02/09/15 04:23 PM
Humanoid from the Deep
Humanoid from the Deep
I've started watching the series Nikita that aired on the CW a few years ago. It's pretty good so far and Maggie Q is pretty good looking in the show. tongue

Keep up with what I've been watching lately!

"Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you."
Ultra Jorge #838663 02/11/15 10:43 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
Totally addicted to the Big Cat Rescue videos on YouTube these days. Hardly an evening goes by where I don't watch one (or two, or ten) before retiring.

Catspaw

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
Page 66 of 86 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 85 86

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,091
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Blind Poet
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Policy Pam
Policy Pam
Tartarus
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star