Roll Call
0 members (), 37 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:31 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:29 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:28 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:28 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:27 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:24 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:24 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:58 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 79 of 86 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 85 86
Re: So what are you WATCHING?
Ultra Jorge #897371 05/21/16 04:04 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
I now know of two people in the state who don't watch it: me, and the guy who did my echocardiogram last month.

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
Blockade Boy #897377 05/21/16 05:05 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally Posted by Blockade Boy
No Game of Thrones watchers?

I do but I usually save up a few episodes. Just not as keen on it or TWD any more.

Ultra Jorge #897521 05/22/16 05:05 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I decided to watch season one of "Mr Robot." It's good, though a bit derivative of something I won't mention because that would spoil a big part of it ...

Lightning Lad #897568 05/23/16 07:54 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Originally Posted by Lightning Lad

I do but I usually save up a few episodes. Just not as keen on it or TWD any more.
I only watch it a full season at a time.

That being said, I'm really on the fence about continuing. I read the books first, and part of me wants to wait to read the last books before watching the show (even though spoilers are unavoidable on the damned interwebs).

Of course, I might be 75 years old when the ghost of Martin finishes writing book 7 through a medium so there's a high probability I'll watch the show first.

Lightning Lad #897569 05/23/16 07:55 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Vikings. Just started Monday and am halfway through the first ten episodes of season four. Now I'll have to wait until the second half airs sometime later this year. It loses steam in season three but the first two were some of the best tv I've seen in a while.
Absolutely love it.

Have only watched seasons 1-3 so far, but my wife and I are huge fans of it. It really surprised me by having such a high level of quality. The writing and acting are superb, and the historian in me loves all the little pieces of history they get right, while also admiring their willingness to play a little loose with things to tell a great story.

Blockade Boy #897571 05/23/16 08:59 AM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger

I borrow the DVDs from the library. I am number 132 for 29 copies for Season 5

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
Ultra Jorge #897572 05/23/16 09:01 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Was out camping on the long weekend. Will catch up on this week's GoT tonight.

Quislet, Esq #897584 05/23/16 10:57 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
^^^

Ack! Get AWAY FROM THE INTERNET!!!! Even on-line newspapers are spoiling.

Originally Posted by Quislet, Esq

I borrow the DVDs from the library. I am number 132 for 29 copies for Season 5

LOVE our library and well know that #132 for 29 copies thing and that's a GOOD number. I learned to look for when the DVDs will be released and start searching the library site about a month ahead of that. They post them in the catalogue when they order them, not when they get them so sometimes you can really jump the line.

Watching Library Deadpool right now. No kidding, paused it at the 1 hr mark to do some message boarding.

DrakeB3004 #897602 05/23/16 11:41 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally Posted by DrakeB3004
I decided to watch season one of "Mr Robot." It's good, though a bit derivative of something I won't mention because that would spoil a big part of it ...

Just grabbed season one myself. Probably won't watch it until I catch up on Silicon Valley first (got halfway through season 2 during work today). I've heard it's good and it'll be something to have playing while I work.

Cobalt Kid #897603 05/23/16 11:46 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally Posted by Cobalt Kid
Vikings. Just started Monday and am halfway through the first ten episodes of season four. Now I'll have to wait until the second half airs sometime later this year. It loses steam in season three but the first two were some of the best tv I've seen in a while.
Absolutely love it.

Have only watched seasons 1-3 so far, but my wife and I are huge fans of it. It really surprised me by having such a high level of quality. The writing and acting are superb, and the historian in me loves all the little pieces of history they get right, while also admiring their willingness to play a little loose with things to tell a great story.

Season four has been great so far! And I've been researching the history as we watch (love doing that with historically based shows). I even found a trilogy by Harry Harrison based on the Ragnar myth (since Ragnar himself may not be real even though his sons are) that I've added to my TBR list.

Ultra Jorge #897649 05/24/16 05:20 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Caught up on GoT. This has been an interesting Season. I recognise that we're in the back half, so some resolutions are due, but this, more than any other season, has been about giving the fans some of what they want AND about moving the story forward at a faster pace than the book-tethered episodes. I'll leave it to the individual to determine whether either of those improve or detract from the show. That said, just when things are looking up, we get a reversal in the last of latest episode, losing a fan favorite in a heart-wrneching manner:

Hodor! Whose origin is also, quite cleverly, his doom.

It will be interesting to see how quickly the strands come together.

I also liked seeing the Bravos take on the Game of Thrones, and Arya's reaction to it.

Ultra Jorge #897673 05/24/16 11:28 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Dead Pool was everything I'd heard it would be. I'll watch that a couple more times before returning the DVD. I have a week. Or I'll feel guilty for holding on to it, knowing someone else it waiting. Maybe I'll watch it one more time tomorrow, then return it.

3rd Rock From the Sun: Netflixing just because I was too tired to do anything. Lucky stroke, because it picked up my spirits, been giggling for three days. Yes, I know it's juvenile.

GoT: The writers are building themselves quite a thing to live up to by season's end. 5 years to attach to characters and now their destinies are playing out. Can't wait for Ramsey to get his. Keeping a potato peeler and a potato nearby in hopes of the event.

Ultra Jorge #897680 05/24/16 12:34 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
IN GoT what I want to see played out is the larger mythology coming into conflict. While religion was an interesting background component throughout the show, it's playing a real active role now between the Many-faced God, the Lord of Light, The Seven, the Drowned God and the Old Gods. Each have now been shown to grant real power (or at least their followers wield real magic), so does the Game of Thrones become a larger Game of Gods?

Ultra Jorge #897970 05/27/16 07:42 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Finished up Vikings and really enjoyed it. Thinking of starting Fringe since I never saw the entire series.

Ultra Jorge #898357 05/31/16 11:58 AM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
A few years ago, I started watching the first Thor movie but gave up on it quickly. Earlier this week, I finally watched it all the way through, and I have no idea what I could have been thinking before. I *loved* it! Rivals Captain America Winter Soldier as the best Marvel movie, IMO. Chris Hemsworth had already made a good impression on me in the first Avengers movie, so the real surprise was how tolerable both Natalie Portman and Anthony Hopkins were! And Kat Dennings, as Portman's assistant, was an adorable scene-stealer, performing above and beyond her remit as comic relief! Everything about the movie worked for me -- tone, design, pace, action sequences.

Which is why I was shocked that the consensus on the movie at IMdb is so meh! 7 out of 10??

Mark my words, it will one day be regarded as a classic!

Now I have to see Thor: The Dark World, if only because I heard that Kat has a bigger role in it.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
Ultra Jorge #898436 06/01/16 10:38 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Mood on the day. Many times watched a movie and said I hated it but friends or people of generally like tastes say they loved it so I rewatch on a different day and wonder what my mood was when I watched it the first time.

Kind of like chocolate cake. One day you eat it and it's the most wondrous thing and another it tastes like salmon. Ok, that never happens but my fingers are typing faster than my analogy making abilities.

Ultra Jorge #898481 06/02/16 07:55 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I agree completely. My mood is sometimes the bigger influence than the story, acting, directing, etc.

And some movies are better on multiple watches for the nuance, while others are only good the first time around and then best alone.

Ultra Jorge #898521 06/02/16 04:13 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Certainly true. I think Ant-Man has just gotten better and better for me. It's all over my limited-time free premium channels, and I swear I can watch it every time. Not a terribly complex film but funny, well-done and with lots of heart. (I've always liked Thor, too.)

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
Ultra Jorge #898546 06/03/16 05:29 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Took out an odd DVD pairing from our library guy this morning: BIRDMAN, starring Michael Keaton, and HOT PURSUIT with Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara. lol

Ultra Jorge #898550 06/03/16 05:56 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I liked Birdman, but not to the same extent those who pile accolades upon it do. Still an interesting piece. I also like Raymond Carver (whose stories the play in the movie is based on).

Lard Lad #898566 06/03/16 09:39 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Originally Posted by Paladin
Certainly true. I think Ant-Man has just gotten better and better for me. It's all over my limited-time free premium channels, and I swear I can watch it every time. Not a terribly complex film but funny, well-done and with lots of heart. (I've always liked Thor, too.)
Same here, and I've enjoyed it too with each time.

Beyond the major leads in the film, the supporting cast really made the most with every little scene they had. I noticed it the first time around but each subsequent time those sequences with Scott's 'crew' are just more and more enjoyable.

Ultra Jorge #898570 06/03/16 10:39 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Just finished binge watching Bosch on Amazon Prime. Good show, but the second season ending seemed a little flat compared to the first.

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!
Cobalt Kid #898572 06/03/16 10:58 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally Posted by Cobalt Kid
Same here, and I've enjoyed it too with each time.

Beyond the major leads in the film, the supporting cast really made the most with every little scene they had. I noticed it the first time around but each subsequent time those sequences with Scott's 'crew' are just more and more enjoyable.

Casting is definitely a major ingredient in this film's success. Scott's crew is terrific, certainly. But I honestly can't find a weak link in the bunch. I really love Michael Douglas as Hank Pym and our old friend from Lost, Evangeline Lilly, as Hope. Little Cassie is simply awesome, and the movie avoids stereotyping the ex-wife and stepdad as ogres (far from it). And Cross/Yellowjacket makes for one of the better villains in the MCU, though he joins the unfortunately long list of comic book movie villains who are
killed off. I was disappointed, btw, that Crossbones, one of the few villain returnees from any MCU movie was done away with in Cap: Civil War. He had a lot of potential, I think.

And, of course, Paul Rudd is perfect casting for the take on Scott that they went with. Paul is almost universally known for being in super-silly movies, so it's nice to see him be in one that's semi-serious and as a reluctant hero. As I said in my Cap: Civil War review, Scott's presence in that movie, even beyond his 'big' moment, was one of my favorite things about it.

Beyond the great casting, Ant-Man sticks out for its tonal dissidence from most of the others and daring to be a 'smaller' movie. Though there are potentially high stakes involved, the immediate action is smaller and much more personal than any of the other MCU films. I also love the history they work into the story with all of Hank's backstory...including Jan!

And that extended training sequence is at once lots of fun and extremely engaging. I just don't see how anyone couldn't enjoy the hell out of it!

It's moved up in my personal accounting so much that it's probably right behind Avengers, Guardians and Winter soldier (those three in no set order) as my fourth-favorite among the MCU. Such a fun, terrific movie!

Ultra Jorge #898630 06/04/16 05:18 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
hmmmm, Sofia Vergara. grin

uh, what were we talking about?

Lard Lad #899073 06/07/16 03:38 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I finally was able to finish the second season of iZombie over the last few days. First, let's reminisce about my feelings for the first season:

iZombie. I had the last nine episodes of this past initial season stored on my DVR since their initial airing. Though it wasn't a bad show, per se, I guess there was something lacking in those first few episodes that made it easy to put on the back-burner--or even to possibly delete without watching. But I noticed my wife had watched all of them, so I figured I'd give them a shot.

I'm actually glad I did! While the series kept to its basic murder-mystery-of-the-week format, the subplots involving the man who made Liv a zombie and the complications for all the characters in her life really became absorbing and kept me watching the next episode.

The showrunner for this one is the same as Veronica Mars, Rob Thomas. And he really brings that show's sensibilities to this one. Both share the ability to give you satisfying mysteries solved each episode while developing an over-arching plot as the season goes on. They also share some quirky humor, a plucky female lead and a large cast of characters. So anyone who enjoys one show can easily enjoy the other, I'd say, even though this one has some supernatural elements.

I was very pleasantly surprised by the balance of season one and am looking forward to the upcoming second season. I suspect these won't be languishing in the DVR.

The basic formula continued in season 2 and was even improved upon. Yes, we still had corpse-of-the-week with Liv's brain consumption visions continuing to help solve murders. But the mythology and continuing subplots really stepped up, leading to a rollicking and action-packed season finale that recalled those great Veronica Mars finales. It may nort have been as emotionally charged as those VMars finales, but the spectacle was larger and the plot pay-off was about as good. Plus, it looks like it will be harder and harder to keep the zombie culture a secret moving forward.

This is an excellent show that more people should definitely be paying attention to. nod

Page 79 of 86 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 85 86

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,103
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Blind Poet
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star