Roll Call
0 members (), 61 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Jfposey - 05/07/24 05:19 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/07/24 04:22 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 03:19 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:37 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
Re: Lost: The Final Season
#582427 05/21/10 12:18 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
What did you guys think of the "You became a mother" excuse for crossing Kate off? Why wasn't Sun crossed off then?

I wonder if the fact that Jack is a father in the sidewaysverse will somehow become relevant now.

#582428 05/21/10 12:32 PM
strange but not a stranger
Wasn't the name on the cave just "Kwon"? It could have just referred to Jin. Although why being a mother would excuse a person and not being a father seems a little sexist.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#582429 05/21/10 12:48 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
There was something said that seemed to imply that both Jin and Sun were candidates, though it was still left ambiguous. I think Jack was listing candidates, and mentioned Jin and Sun, and Jacob acknowledge them as candidates (though it might have just been really awkward to interrupt Jack and say "Well, actually, only Jin was really a candidate").

#582430 05/21/10 01:05 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer

#582431 05/21/10 03:58 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
From AICN, a finale mini(?)-spoiler: <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Walt's in it!</span></span>

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#582432 05/22/10 08:05 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Okay, finally caught up on the last two episodes.

I liked the Jacob MIB one quite a bit. There is a vagueness to some of the details...how long mother was on the island, the source of the light, etc...

But it also answered a lot. Where MIB's power came from, Adam and Eve, the wells, ets.

I also really liked what they died for:

Sideways Desmiond is the freakin man!

Ben in the sideways is awesome as well, although seeing Danielle as a horny mom is kinda frightening.

Liked seeing Ana Lucia for a moment.

Best line of the series for me so far..."He doesn't get to save his daughter."

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#582433 05/23/10 04:53 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
We're very close to the finale!

Just realized that the 4 who spoke with Jacob last week were the same 4 that Michael brought to the Others at the end of Season 2. Foreshadowing?

Will the island be destroyed? Will the MiB be killed? Which secrets will be revealed and which will be left open? Who will live and who will die? And what role will Desmond's play?

What questions do YOU hope will be answered?

#582434 05/23/10 05:00 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Honestly, I want all I can get, but I just want Kate & Sawyer to have a happy ending and Jack to feel fulfilled, and like he's at peace with himself and has finally fixed everything he's needed to.

It's starting--here we go, LW. Here we go laugh

#582435 05/23/10 08:04 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Hee hee... I'm sure Sawyer wants a Happy Ending too... evil

(Whoever Sawyer is... wink )

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#582436 05/23/10 09:37 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I'm fulfilled.

I thought it was beautiful.

#582437 05/23/10 09:48 PM
Active
Active
I'm not
I am left confused, forgive my ignorance but that ending was just....uh

#582438 05/23/10 09:51 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Spent the last three days catching up form season five. Watched finale. Not happy. frown

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#582439 05/23/10 09:56 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I'm fulfilled.

I'll be thinking about this one for awhile, but I think I'm fulfilled, too. Of all the tear-jerking moments, the reunion of Claire and Charlie was the only one that actually produced tears.

I thought it would be more mythology-heavy, but I see now what we got was what I, at least, needed most. Closure. Beautiful, poetic closure.

I guess the Walt thing was a red herring, though. Would definitely have liked to have seen him. Maybe it's because Michael couldn't be there, I guess.

#582440 05/23/10 11:06 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Satisfied with the on-island ending. Iffy on the flash-sideways ending.

#582441 05/24/10 06:56 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Watched it with the wife. So the show was basically what people thought when it first came out, being kinda like the Ox Bow Incident, if I'm remembering correctly.

One quick question, what the hell is up with that brunette chick? She was always a little thin to begin with, but at one point last night she looked like she was in the first stages of transgender. Her arms looked mannish and her face looked gaunt except for the calogin fishlips...what the hell?

I'm not normally one to comment on something like that, but I haven't watched in two years and it was kinda...jarring.

Anyway, it was okay. What seemed a little out there were the notes of goodbye's from fans that said things like "thanks for the best six years of my life." Really? Okay.

Life goes on.

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!
#582442 05/24/10 07:13 AM
Well, we still don't know what the island was all about. And why these people were picked?nless <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> the scene in the closing credits made me think that there was a plane crash with no survivors and all the island adventures were a prelude to the Sideways</span></span> Ah well, I got the impression about halfway through this season that we would not get all the answers.

I did like that the Sideways was <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> the afterlife and one that allowed everybody to have a happy ending. I did think it was incomplete because Michael and Walt were not there.

I also liked the bit between Sideways Hurley and Ben. "You made a good number two."</span></span>

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#582443 05/24/10 07:13 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Officer Taylor:
[b]I'm fulfilled.

I'll be thinking about this one for awhile, but I think I'm fulfilled, too. Of all the tear-jerking moments, the reunion of Claire and Charlie was the only one that actually produced tears.

I thought it would be more mythology-heavy, but I see now what we got was what I, at least, needed most. Closure. Beautiful, poetic closure.

I guess the Walt thing was a red herring, though. Would definitely have liked to have seen him. Maybe it's because Michael couldn't be there, I guess.[/b]
Agree with you both. I thought it was great. It left me satisfied and content.

Did anyone catch Jimmy Kimmel's Lost Special and the three 'alternate' endings they had? Pretty funny.

#582444 05/24/10 08:16 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Yeah, I stayed up for the whole thing. (I'm tired today!). It was great to see most the cast reunited, and very emotional after watching the ending. Matthew Fox was definately feeling emotional 2 minutes after watching the ending for the first time.

My interpretation of the flash sideways was this: the adventures on the island really happened and were their real lives. The flash sidways was what happened after they died, no matter when they died (for instance, if Hurley lived another 200 years on the island as the next Jacob after Jack, he would still start on the plane heading to LAX just like the rest of them at the same time). The flash sideways was a way for all of them to reconnect before making the final journey to heaven (or whatever religious afterlife you want to call it) together--which they can do now because they saved the island.

Characters like Michael, Ana Lucia and some others are stuck on the island as whispers, unable to join them, because of what they did. That's why Ben didn't go with them either (though perhaps he did some good with Hurley as his #2 which is why Hurley didn't think it was wrong to invite him in with them).

That's my interpretation and the fact that it can be interpreted is a good thing IMO. I'm glad for it.

I thought the final moments with Jack on the island were amazing, especially the way they weaved them into the final scenes of the flash sideways.

I think we got all the explanation on what the island was that we needed. Jacob already explained it this season--I knew they would never go further than that. They would never make it so there wasn't room for several interpretations, they were never going to spoon feed it and clarify it. I'm cool with that.

#582445 05/24/10 08:19 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
PS - Rick, I'm partially in love with Kate. I think she's beautiful! And she looked super-hot in that black dress!

(I feel that saying someone is 'too skinny' is the same as saying someone is 'too fat'. Whatever Hollywood tells us is beautiful is presumptious and annoying; but its still presumptious to advocate for the opposing side.)

#582446 05/24/10 08:24 AM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
For the record I've never felt that Kate/Evangeline was too skinny. I've always felt she looked pretty healthy compared to actresses who obviously starve themselves.

#582447 05/24/10 08:41 AM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
My interpretation of the flash sideways was this: the adventures on the island really happened and were their real lives. The flash sidways was what happened after they died, no matter when they died (for instance, if Hurley lived another 200 years on the island as the next Jacob after Jack, he would still start on the plane heading to LAX just like the rest of them at the same time). The flash sideways was a way for all of them to reconnect before making the final journey to heaven (or whatever religious afterlife you want to call it) together--which they can do now because they saved the island.

Characters like Michael, Ana Lucia and some others are stuck on the island as whispers, unable to join them, because of what they did. That's why Ben didn't go with them either (though perhaps he did some good with Hurley as his #2 which is why Hurley didn't think it was wrong to invite him in with them).

That's my interpretation and the fact that it can be interpreted is a good thing IMO. I'm glad for it.
That's my interpretation as well, more or less. In fact it was pretty much what Christian told Jack. He told Jack that his life happened, he died and everyone else died either before or after him, and this was a way for them all to connect because the time they spent on the island was the most special or important time they'd spent in their lives.

Of course when you look at who was left out and who made it, you could argue against Sayid being there. I guess what made the difference for him was his final sacrifice. Michael never appeared in the sideways. Eko, you could argue either way.

Good to see that Lapidus made it, and the plane figured in after all. I'm a bit curious as to what happened with Richard, Kate, Sawyer, Miles, Lapidus and Claire after they got back, and I've a feeling Hurley and Ben had some adventures, too. Plus, we presumably had Rose and Bernard left alive and scattered Others, including Cindy and the kids. We'll never get those answers, but it's food for thought.

Again, a lack of complete answers gives us more to debate about and interpret in the many years to come. Enjoy it because we'll never have a series like this again, I think. (Ugh. I hope it doesn't get remade some day.)

#582448 05/24/10 08:47 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Well, a remake of this show in the 2030's will just be something I'll laugh at.

But yeah, what are we going to do without Lost? We'll probably never have a series like this again. At least not for a long time.

It's great to speculate on whether Sawyer & Kate wound up together after surviving the island, but I'm glad its up to us. I have to say, I've always thought Sawyer & Kate should be together but in the final episode, I realized they did it right in the flash sideways. Sawyer & Juliet had a heartfelt, beautiful moment and to see Sawyer feel so at peace was wonderful. And Kate & Jack's scenes in the finale were equally as beautiful. I'm really pleased with the pairings going that way, even though I've wanted the opposite almost the entire show--a tribute to how well done it was.

Lapidus surviving was a great touch. Same with Richard, who had that one great scene where he says he realizes he actually wants to live. I think that one sentence completed his entire story-arc and I don't need to know what happened to him after that.

Best 'badass' finale moment: Jack in the pouring rain calling out to MiB/Locke on the rocks to challenge him to the final battle. That was awesome, and for a TV show, just incredibly fierce and epic.

#582449 05/24/10 08:50 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Totally agree with Cobie. Everything did happen on the island. And I like endings where there are things left unsaid. You don't always have to have all the questions answered to have a happy ending.

I was glad that Rose and Bernard where in the final scene and that they didn't get killed.

#582450 05/24/10 08:55 AM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
Wild rug-pulling-out moment with the Sideways-verse, though. All this time we were led to believe it was created by the bomb being detonated--even showed the island sunk underwater! That's probably the hardest thing to reconcile with what the sideways actually was--why bother to show the island underwater? Is it because the island held the secret of life in the real world, and since sideways was the afterlife/death = no island?

#582451 05/24/10 09:32 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Officer Taylor - you are absolutely correct! (Well, that's the same conclusion I came too, anyway.)

...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,196
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Time-Teller Lad
Time-Teller Lad
The Rookery
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star