Roll Call
0 members (), 27 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by razsolo - 05/07/24 01:29 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:37 AM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:35 AM
Legion World Fan Table at SDCC
by stile86 - 05/06/24 06:49 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: So I'm starting a plant nursery....
#584063 07/15/09 06:56 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
YK, I appreciate the thinking, but considering that the transmission in my truck went out yesterday, renting a ditch witch probably isn't in the cards.

Besides that, this really is a grow from nothing business. I just don't have the capital to spend like that. My seeds so far have cost me a whopping total of three dollars for the pumpkins. The amarylis and iris and daffodil have cost me some manual labor in my mom's yard. The gas to run the tiller has come to less than ten bucks.

And so far, believe it or not, its been kinda fun. I am enjoying, at 41, getting back into shape with hard physical work, I'm enjoying the sun, and I'm enjoying having no money worries...at least, none on this project. The rest of life..well, lets just say the economy isn't helping things. But a lot of hard work is taking the edge off, lol.

My only concern is the cost of shovel handles. My family has been amazed that so far this summer I haven't broken any shovel handles. Did break a bushaxe handle, but that wasn't really my fault, the highway department dropped some rock along a ditchbank that was covered in weeds. I come along clearing the ditch and WHAM blade goes right into a rock the size of a 3 gallon bucket. Crack goes the handle. (I am noted for three things in the family, 1- breaking shovel handles 2- the cow that fell in love with me and 3- stopping traffic just by crossing the street, course, I was three at the time, but still...)

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!
#584064 07/16/09 02:28 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I thought rashes were for kids. I have worked and sweated so much that I now have a rash in a rather uncomfortable place. But, its worth it. My pumpkins are growing great and I have blooms. Plus, it looks like rain tonight and thats a great thing. Gonna have to get some fertilizer and maybe some soda for them. Get them up nice and big, lol.

Something pithy!
#584065 07/16/09 02:40 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
I now have a rash in a rather uncomfortable place. ... My pumpkins are growing great and I have blooms.
bad visualization.

#584066 07/16/09 04:23 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
puke

rotflmao

Something pithy!
#584067 07/17/09 07:53 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I now have about 20 sprouts out of about 30 seeds. I'm liking these numbers. And I expect more to sprout out of the first set. Here's hoping.

Something pithy!
#584068 07/17/09 08:11 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Baby powder. That's what works for me. When it's so hot that I can't help but sweat buckets, I baby powder huge swaths of skin and wear a tight t-shirt and snugly fitting boxer-briefs.
If I don't do that the rash goes insanely out of control and I suffer for days. When I'm dumb enough to do that I have to use a vitamin-e cream for a few days to even be able to move at all.

#584069 07/17/09 08:19 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I know what you mean, my friend. I have taken salts baths, used Beudreaux Baby Butt paste, Benedryl cream, gold bond... Right now it looks like hamburger.

And as I normally wear jockey-briefs, I'm agonna go get me some real boxers like I used to wear.

Lately I've been walking like Jasper the old time prospector that's got a grizzly beard and has a pack mule named Nellie. And I've been grumpy as hell.

My biggest problem, though, is that if i don't do it, it doesn't get done and I can't not do it. And I'm not giving it enough time to heal before it gets way to sweaty again. Its a bad cycle. Not gonna help much when I have to be out in the sun tomorrow and put in a new slave cylinder in my transmission. Good news is, to do it I will have to learn how to change out my universal joints on the drive train. that'll save me money when repair time comes.

The benedryl gel seemed to help, but I am trying to not put anything on it and let it dry out. If that doesn't work in a couple of days, I'm gonna get some aloe plants from my mom, cut a few, and use the sap. Works great for burns, not sure about this.

Something pithy!
#584070 07/17/09 08:33 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Yeah, anything that promotes healthy skin helps tremendously. Seriously dollar store vitamin-e skin cream or an aloe based product makes an enormous difference..but don't get the stuff with citrus.
And you really should check out the boxer-briefs (I can't believe I'm having an underwear discussion) keeping a layer of cloth between the different patches of skin rash keeps that skin from irritating itself even further.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,181
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Triad Orange
Triad Orange
Cargg
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star