Roll Call
0 members (), 37 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 09:32 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/03/24 07:20 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:58 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:54 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by razsolo - 05/03/24 06:53 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 05:30 AM
Alt Id's I might consider changing to ....
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:45 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: 2.4 Chained Lightning - Spoilers & Images
#594962 10/16/07 10:47 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Language Arts Lad:

The wierd thing is I've always pronounced Mekt,

"Ekky-ekky-ekky-ekky-z'Bang, zoom-Boing, z'nourrrwringmm".
Ahhhh what is that from? My brain's fried and it won't let me think...

#594963 10/17/07 02:12 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Got a request. Could someone pleeease post a pic of when Lightning Lad threw tht attack at Mekt in Kamehameha fashion. It happened before he lost his arm. It looked sooo cool with the spiral effect of the lightning before he released it.

Jin Rai!!!
#594964 10/17/07 09:19 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Wow, just saw this episode. It rocked. I am getting tired of the Imperiex guy. He seems like a poor copy of Darkseid.

Love the Mekt turned himself in. I always hoped he would back in the day. Loved it in v4 when he did reform.

Vi! Great to see her in this episode cause of her friendship with Ayla. I liked her attitude personally. Makes her different than the rest.

I've never been a fan of Garth's robotic arm but it sure looked good here!

Great episode! We even saw Superman cry!

#594965 10/17/07 09:26 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Teronna:
[b]

The wierd thing is I've always pronounced Mekt,

"Ekky-ekky-ekky-ekky-z'Bang, zoom-Boing, z'nourrrwringmm".
Ahhhh what is that from? My brain's fried and it won't let me think... [/b]
We are the Knights who formerly said Ni!

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#594966 10/17/07 12:32 PM
Active
Active
i dont think that alya is going to ever be on the team as light lass if any one remembers in the legion of sub ep star boy had the power to make things light as well and heavy

and it to me seams unlikly that they would add her to the team if that was her only power if star boy is still around

also if she has lighting powers that might be a bit of an over kill now that LL has the power to make things go boom

so her on the team nice but unlikly

i loved vi snort it gives her depth if the writers could have easly just wrote her there and have her just stand there and get angry at b5 for being a jerk but giveing her the snort just adds to her personalty

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions
#594967 10/17/07 01:27 PM
Active
Active
How about if Ayla is Light Lass with a new conceot. Light based powers along the lines of The Ray or the Rambeau Captain Marvel. She has spent the last ten years as an electro-magnetic storm. Why not give her powers related to a wider span of the electric-magnetic spectrum than just lightning. If she were a photonic being she could be representing herself as human vias force fields. Come to think of it, she could maybe travel/act/fight/learn/age at the speed of light, or reconfigure her appearance to ape the age of her twin brother. Potentially she is a new member of the espionage squad. She could also have the typical blasting lasers powers one would expect from such a character.

I think this could kick ass! I love Ayla, but her "lightness" power never did that much for me.

All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).
#594968 10/17/07 02:06 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
btw, was it just me or did anyone else think Mekt's costume looked just like Proctor's? (Avengers)

#594969 10/17/07 04:40 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
How about if Ayla is Light Lass with a new conceot. Light based powers along the lines of The Ray or the Rambeau Captain Marvel.
That's what she did in Superboy's Legion, generate light from a soft glow to deadly lasers. I thought it was a clever tweak to have her be named 'Light Lass' and have completely appropriate, and yet completely different, powers.

She has spent the last ten years as an electro-magnetic storm.
I'd love for her to have the 'turn into lightning' power of Black Vulcan (from the Superfriends), making her an electricity-based version of Lazon or Monica Rambeau. It's visually different enough from her brothers powers, and also makes her age irrelevant, since she's not some little kid, she's a living bolt of lightning.

Or hey, maybe she can uncoil that electromagnetic storm from within herself and become a true weather controller / storm summoner.

Or, to be completely original, maybe she turns back into the storm, becoming a roughly humanoid cloud of energy, flinging lightning bolts around. We've seen weather controllers, we've seen people who turn into energy-forms, but someone who actually turns into a storm would be fairly novel.

#594970 10/18/07 10:56 AM
Active
Active
Really liked this episode.

The scene where Garth loses his arm was stunning, I thought it was well written and well animated, between Mekt's reaction to the lightning streaming out of Garth's wound, wow.

The ending was super touching, I was wondering if Ayla would come back real age or not, so when she came back as a kid I though "oh well, no Light Lass," but I felt the rest of it was so well done I could live with it. Besides, if they did age her properly, you're dealing with someone who has been an energy cloud for ten years, that just screams 'bad idea.'

I really like Mekt turning him in, and I loved Garth's response when Ayla first showed up "I said I wouldn't get you in trouble if you got Ayla and me home safely." That line right there just presented so much closer for our little Ranzz family.

Again, the episode as a whole was just wonderful, now we'll see what (if anything) they do with Ayla, that might affect my view of the ep down the road, but as I was watching it I was not bummed at all by Ayla being a kid.

As for Vi, no problem with the snort, although I did think they overused it a bit (two times would have been fine, but I think they used if four times, so a bit too much).

Brainiac Five served the role in this ep that Cosmic Boy served in "Cry Wolf." He was the stereotyped role that was required for the "seemingly useless character provers him/herself" storyline that is a stable of kid's stories. It's unfortunate that the writers do this to the characters, but all cartoons, even the super great ones do it so it is something that I have to just accept and hope it only happens once in a blue moon (or at least once for a certain character).

Just really enjoyed this episode. One last thing, I liked how the Legion came up with a solution to the problem of Imperiax using Ayla to fuel the cannon. Brainy was wiling to disperse her essence (bad Brainy) but the Legion (Vi in particular) came up with NON-LETHAL solution to save the day and Ayla, and Brainy didn't object saying it was too impossible or whatever. That's what the Legion's supposed to do, face disaster and come out on top. It just struck me that if this was 3-boot no one would have come up with the alternate solution and Ayla would have been dispersed across the cosmos.

Again, LOVED this episode. It took my breath away at some parts and made me go Awwww at others. good stuff.

Long Live the Legion!
#594971 10/18/07 01:13 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I've rerun this a half dozen times since Saturday, and it really stands up. I'm so proud of Mekt but I can't help wondering how Garth is going to sleep with that arm without accidentally setting off a canon.

#594972 10/18/07 02:05 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
P.S. I love B5's new look!

#594973 10/19/07 12:52 AM
Not much between despair and ecstacy
Not much between despair and ecstacy
Originally posted by stephbarton:
I really like Mekt turning him in, and I loved Garth's response when Ayla first showed up "I said I wouldn't get you in trouble if you got Ayla and me home safely." That line right there just presented so much closer for our little Ranzz family.
As heartwarming as Garth's promise was, this bit bothered me somewhat. Mekt's crimes as Lightning Lord (or whatever he's calling himself) affected more than just his siblings, so Garth was in no position to let him go. Also, the other Legionnaires were not bound by Garth's promise, so they could have intervened, rendering the promise meaningless.

Good thing for all involved that Mekt had a change of heart.

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#594974 10/19/07 11:40 AM
S
Active
Active
S
Originally posted by Tromium:
I've rerun this a half dozen times since Saturday, and it really stands up. I'm so proud of Mekt but I can't help wondering how Garth is going to sleep with that arm without accidentally setting off a canon.
Imra is probably wondering the same thing...

Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake
#594975 10/19/07 12:29 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
I can't help wondering how Garth is going to sleep with that arm without accidentally setting off a canon.
He's old enough that he shouldn't have that problem anymore.

#594976 10/20/07 01:17 AM
Deputy
Deputy
shake

#594977 10/20/07 11:07 PM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Originally posted by stephbarton:

As for Vi, no problem with the snort, although I did think they overused it a bit (two times would have been fine, but I think they used if four times, so a bit too much).

Whaddya mean? I downloaded it to me my ringtone for my phone!

Interested in the Post-Zero Hour Reboot Legion? Check out:

The Reboot Legion Timeline

Fan Fiction: The Legion of Super-Heroes v4.1 (continuing the reboot from issue 126!) on LW or here (external)

#594978 10/21/07 01:28 AM
Active
Active
My brother didn't think that Mekt should've reformed so easily, or turned himself in. By his thinking, the episode would have had Mekt agreeing that while Ayla had to be saved, after that it was back to business as usual. Garth and the Legion give Mekt a head start to escape, like the way they ended the "Justice League Unlimited" series.

I, however, disagree with that. From what I've read of/about the various LSH incarnations, Mekt has had a soft spot for Ayla... even if it's mainly been expressed by trying to make her his twin. In this version, it seems the reason Mekt became a criminal was that he figured he was responsible for Ayla's death -- so how could he possibly still be good? Mekt found out that Ayla was still alive, but Imperiax was going to truly kill her this time by using her as a power source. With seeing what staying on the side of evil nearly caused, it made sense to me that Mekt would reform... for Ayla's sake.

As for Ayla's youth -- there is a possibility I don't think has been suggested yet? She starts manifesting powers, but she's obviously too young to join the Legion. Why not have her get training in controlling her powers, and use that plotline to introduce the Legion Academy?

#594979 10/21/07 06:53 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Sir Tim Drake:
[b] I've rerun this a half dozen times since Saturday, and it really stands up. I'm so proud of Mekt but I can't help wondering how Garth is going to sleep with that arm without accidentally setting off a canon.
Imra is probably wondering the same thing... [/b]
Premature detonation?! laugh laugh

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,091
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024