Roll Call
3 members (Eryk Davis Ester, Set, Set, thoth lad), 40 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/15/24 11:57 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:27 PM
Happy birthday, stile86!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:27 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:24 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:23 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Sarcasm Kid - 05/15/24 10:20 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
LSH #15 (SPOILERS)
#598612 07/16/11 09:19 AM
Active
OP Offline
Active
Preview is up on newsarama http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=43578

only three interior pages

"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"
Re: LSH #15 (SPOILERS)
#598613 07/20/11 12:17 PM
S
Active
Active
S
This issue was okay, but I feel like this story is dragging on too long. I also didn't appreciate Ayla getting intimidated by Mekt.

Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake
#598614 07/20/11 12:48 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
The story is dragging, but it still doesn't seem like one issue will finish it up. Pretty even odds it's Krona now with the reference to Oa's original sin. STILL no good answers on Harmonia Li.

Still, anytime Gates saves the day is good in my book. "Come, Fish."

#598615 07/20/11 02:06 PM
Active
Active
That Master of Chaos almost <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">looks like a Controller.</span></span>

#598616 07/21/11 04:09 AM
Active
Active
I have read #15 and it gives me the distressing sensation that the story lacks pages.
Still do not be wherefrom Harmonia Li comes and I will never know that it discovered Saturn Girl (supposedly in *11).
Projectra seems that it will not begin the search of Karate Kid, at least not in this saga.
Violet, Cosmic Boy and Chameleon Boy... I have not seen from *11.
Wherefrom there went out all the "new" members of LSV like Terrus, Cosmic King, Chameleon Chief and the ex-members of the Justice League: Spider Girl, Tusk and Black Mace of Taurus Gang.
There are at least three mistakes of coloration
(Brainy, Polar Boy and Dream Girl's hair .. again ..)
I wait that the end of this saga, it is not a disaster like the *50 of 3Boot.

My only hope is that Earth Man dies finally.

From UK with glamour.
#598617 07/21/11 04:54 AM
Substitute
Substitute
This series of the Legion reminds me of Mark Waid's threeboot in that it started off with great artwork and writing in the first few issues then was plagued by guest artists and mediocre storylines. Not to mention issue after issue of repeated plots that kept beating us over the head (who is Harmonia Li, the return of the LSV, the next Green Lantern). Writers need to stop over utilizing decompressed storytelling.

Also, it appears that like the threeboot, the regular artist will not be working on the last issue.

I can't believe I'm once again waiting for this series to end, so that the new one can to start.

Bar the Jimenez issues of Adventure, the annual and the first few issues, this series has been underwhelming and seems to be going nowhere.

#598618 07/21/11 08:48 AM
Active
Active
I've never heard of Krona et al so the pay off for me in this series is going to be VERY low.

Seems almost certain that Earthman will be the dead legionnaire I think.

Did Dawnstar really say something like "I see the taint below"? LOLOLOLOL

The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.
#598619 07/21/11 09:12 AM
Active
Active
I caught the Dawnstar freudian slip as well. Hysterically UNbelievable!!
so-so issue I agree. Just where did all those traditional LSV members suddenly pop in from??? Chameleon Chief? Spider Girl? Makes me feel like there is no one steering the ship here (hello editor?).
I will not miss Cinar. Firestorm will be a much better fit for him.
Note to Mr. Levitz: Adversaries whose only motivations and actions are insane killing and destruction are boring. Enough already. Move it along please.

Gorilla Nebula
#598620 07/21/11 08:40 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
We're rumbling toward the finish line. There's still a lot to wrap up. Cinar got to draw lots of action scenes for his final issue. Looks good to me. I've enjoyed his efforts on the Legion and wish him the best. His parting words on the letters page were very nice.

Beauty's where you find it. Not just where you bump and grind it.
#598621 07/22/11 05:47 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I more or less liked this issue, but to be brutally honest, I agree with ultrajo...at this point I am way more excited about the new Legion titles we are GOING to get than this one that we already have.

I do feel like we keep getting flashes of old-school Levitz awesomeness, but it is buried under a lot of mediocre writing. The scene with Hunter and Tyroc was pretty cool, and Gates was pretty freakin' awesome this issue actually.

But then we get things like....why did Dawnstar just carry Saturn Queen into the sky? She had the advantage and she moves faster than the speed of friggin' light. What possible reason could there be not to just clobber her? Especially when she shows a second later that she can fly under her own power anyway?

..and I get the feeling that Timber Wolf was meant to look a lot more burned than he actually did. Either that or Polar Boy is the Legion's biggest drama queen, because comparing Brin being a little roughed up to LOSING AN ARM is a little bit of overkill.

...and why was <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Cosmic King</span></span>there? Isn't the whole point of the story currently running in Adventure that it is concurrent with what's going on in this book? He can't be in two places at once....where did all the other supervillains suddenly pop up from? etc etc...

I dunno, it's just a little frustrating. I am really hoping that when the series relaunches, we can KEEP a regular artist, that the artist/writer relationship will be stronger than what it has been so far, and that the writing in general will be better.

#598622 07/22/11 10:43 PM
Leader
Leader
Obviously I missed yet another issue. This series has gotten so boring I don't even pay attention to when it comes out anymore. Not a good sign for this die-hard Legion fan of 40 years.

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#598623 07/23/11 03:58 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
"Come fish. We go." Best line of the book. Every appearance of Gates is bittersweet.

Not my favourite issue of the series, mainly because it was all battle. The Legionnaires are consistently, repeatedly underestimating Saturn Queen; it's like they're not taking the time to plan an attack.

I've found Saturn Queen to be delightfully, crazy evil in previous issues, both in how she acts and how she looks. This was the first sign that, while she might not be weakening, she isn't up to the task she wants to accomplish. Set up for a big fall?

Mekt may walk away from all this; he alone doesn't seem to have bought into this "my mistress Saturn Queen" business.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#598624 07/23/11 08:14 AM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
One thing I liked about this issue is that we got to see so many Legionnaires in action finally. Despite their terse appearances, I agree with razsolo that Tyroc and Gates had some good moments. I also liked Tellus' failed confrontation of Saturn Queen. Sure it was a bit of a gamble, but Tellus even now still isn't the most seasoned Legionnaire.

Overall, this storyline really hasn't grabbed me. I like the premise of Saturn Queen's LSV and the build-up of the "big GL mythos event," but I'm feeling a disconnect in the pay-off. Perhaps it has a lot to do with modified page counts and plans for the DCNu. I can barely remember the developments of the previous installment every time I pick up a new issue. Perhaps that's just me getting older though.

Not sure how I feel about the supposed death next issue. I don't feel like any of the leading candidates (Colossal Boy, Earth Man, and to a lesser extent Star Boy) have really done much this arc. I'd be perplexed if one of them dies unless next issue suddenly featured them heavily as a proper send off.

#598625 07/23/11 09:44 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I'm bothered by the fact that whoever dies, the consequences of their death will be largely unexamined, with the renumbering. Who wants to start a new #1 with a team mired in grief? Unless the dead legionnaire's a LSV legionnaire. Even Earth Man's death would cause Shadow Lass to grieve. Or would it? Sun Boy's reaction might be interesting, and possibly different than we'd expect.

I'm forgetting that the LSH will be feeling the loss of those LOST. Guess that event's not real to me yet. Like the whole existence of a new DCU that's apparently free of most of my favorite characters.

#598626 07/23/11 10:15 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
"Come fish. We go." Best line of the book. Every appearance of Gates is bittersweet.
nod

When Krona(?) pointed SQ to EM and said he was the key, I assumed he would play a large part in the next/last issue.
Levitz had already set that up when Hunter talked to Kirt, I thought.

And if any Legionnaire is going to die, I'd choose EM, for sure, especially over someone I care about, like Thom or Gim.
nod

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#598627 07/27/11 07:10 PM
Substitute
Substitute
I noticed that Polarboy is the only Legionaire without gloves...and Paul must have had a reason for the scene with Wolf?

#598628 07/28/11 12:26 PM
S
Set Online Content
Long live the Legion!
Online Content
Long live the Legion!
S
So on page 4, Dawnstar, Dreamy, Mon-El and Dyogene are flying in along with the cruiser, and there's a male figure in an orange and black suit, brown jacket and with red hair talking about these being the villains that ravaged Colu.

That's Brainy, right? It talks like Brainy...

I wish there was more of Lightning Lass than her flying at Mekt, looking scared and then, for all we know, spending the rest of the battle hiding under a rock. We've already had a lot of Sun Boy and Timber Wolf in the last few issues, so they are hardly the two most in need of a good showing this issue, while, here in the big fight scene, we only see Shady and Phantom Girl on a splash page (Dreamy at least gets speaking lines!).

Dawnstar, like Ayla, gets a moment of action, but, like Ayla, totally fails, and it's up to male characters to save her bacon. That's kinda lame, since Dawnstar could wipe out Saturn Queen by just flying past her at six times the speed of sound (much, much faster than Saturn Queen could even recognize that she was under attack, let along think 'No, wait!') and allowing the shockwave to blow her to kingdom come...

This 'too dangerous for a girl' stuff was supposed to end, a few decades go, right?

Does Polar Boy have his arm back? I forget. He's drawn in every panel with a white ice-looking left hand, even on page 16, where he doesn't appear to be using his powers, making it *look* like he's still got the ice-arm...

Ooh, that splash page fight scene is all kinds of funky.

Invisible Jacques is taking on Lightning Lord? (And, from the looks of it, doing better than Gim did, the last time they tussled.) And Jacques is even doing that thing where he *forgets that he has a super-power* and is just flying around being a human target!

If *I* only had that one super-power, to turn invisible and *not* get lightning shot at me, I'd use the hell out of it. Just sayin.' smile

Meanwhile, while Marlon is in the van with the camera crew, Gim is wrassling the mighty anaconda.

Shady may be fighting someone who has no super-powers, and Phantom Girl is engaged in some sort of interpretive dance with Imma-Strangle-You-With-My-Hair-Lass, but Gim doesn't rate an actual super-villain. He gets to fight an unconscious villain's pet.

I kinda like Dawny's new color scheme. The black and tan is interesting. A version of that look with pants could rock. Straighten her hair back out, to look a little more like 'classic' Dawny, and that could be a stark and striking visual for her.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#598629 07/28/11 12:31 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I read 14 and 15 the past couple of nights...

I haven't been this underwhelmed by LSH since... possibly the Gerry Conway days?

I hope the Nottaboot breathes the life into this series that the Retroboot failed to do.

(I must add that I am rather enjoying ADVENTURE for the most part)

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#598630 07/28/11 12:31 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
[snip]

Set:
...Meanwhile, while Marlon is in the van with the camera crew, Gim is wrassling the mighty anaconda...
rotflmao

I am so going back and rereading the entire comic with this narration in my mind's ear now.

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#598631 07/29/11 05:10 PM
Leader
Leader
I love that line, Set! I often make fun of Marlon Perkins, who always made it sound like he was doing something EQUALLY IMPORTANT by staying in the boat/jeep/plane/whatever while Jim risks life and limb. Glad I'm not the only one who's picked up on that.

Who does the snake belong to btw? I forget. Hunter?

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#598632 07/29/11 05:16 PM
S
Set Online Content
Long live the Legion!
Online Content
Long live the Legion!
S
Jim Fowler was my hero, growing up. He's pretty much the closest the real world had to a two-fisted man-of-action pulp hero!

Yeah, Gim was wrasslin' Hunter's snake.

Innuendo totally intended.

#598633 08/06/11 06:51 AM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
I was just rereading this issue and went over the scene with Polar Boy and Timber Wolf several times. It seems to me (or I'm reading into it) one of two things:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">They're an item.</span></span>

--or--

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Brek just has a major crush on Brin.</span></span>

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#598634 08/06/11 08:11 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Levitz is working hard to make Tyroc and Timber Wolf look good for Legion Lost isn't he? This issue Sun Boy (and Cosmic Boy during the Durlan storyline) compliment T-Wolf on his instincts. And Tyroc continues to be very effective.

It's working for me....they've been two of my favorites in this run.

I wish Dawnstar would have taken Saturn Queen out, but no one was going to do that in this stage of the game.

#598635 08/07/11 10:09 AM
S
Set Online Content
Long live the Legion!
Online Content
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by EmeraldEmperor: I wish Dawnstar would have taken Saturn Queen out, but no one was going to do that in this stage of the game.
Dawnstar's kind of perfect to take out people like that, given that she can come zipping in and clock someone with a 'drive-by' attack from a hundred kilometers away, and be a dozen kilometers in the other direction before the person she's hit has time to recognize that they're in danger...

Heck, she doesn't even have to hit them, the shockwave from a flyby should be sufficient to send cars flying through the air! Unlike the Flashes, she doesn't have a frictionless Speed Force aura that prevents her from building up an air dam in front of her (and leaving a wake of destruction behind her).

#598636 08/07/11 06:10 PM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
This book seriously needs a new editor!
So many little continuity mistakes, coloring mistakes, art mistakes, even spelling errors just keep adding up & making it more & more difficult to enjoy this title.
It's so frustating!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,366
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires