Roll Call
1 members (Gaseous Lad, Gaseous Lad, Gaseous Lad), 114 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
So, what are you listening to?
by Gaseous Lad - 04/29/24 12:25 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Gaseous Lad - 04/28/24 10:28 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 04/28/24 08:39 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 04/28/24 06:30 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 04/28/24 06:28 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 04/28/24 06:26 PM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Gaseous Lad - 04/28/24 05:52 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 07:19 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
legion Lost #3 previews & spoilers
#599518 11/03/11 05:21 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer

Re: legion Lost #3 previews & spoilers
#599519 11/03/11 06:00 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
I love the 'ironic T-shirt' on page six. Hilarious!

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#599520 11/03/11 08:45 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I'm calling it now...
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">...that yellow beastie with the wings that Red Rage is fighting inside the mall is Yera!</span></span>

#599521 11/03/11 09:48 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
And maybe, on that last page at DC,
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">. . . the panel below the glowing Tellus and Dawny, is a gate being reformed for Gates to pop out of! I can only hope. sigh</span></span>

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#599522 11/04/11 08:58 AM
The Infinite Man--of Gripes! (and--of Space!)
The Infinite Man--of Gripes! (and--of Space!)
Wow. The art is much better in this issue than it has been previously. Good show!

If the meek shall inherit inherit the Earth, then I at least want Baffin Island - and a property manager to work for me who is made of sterner stuff than I.
#599523 11/04/11 09:20 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Tellus the hypnotist. Glad to see his telepathy being put to good use. I don't remember my Preboot issues that well, but it seems to me that Tellus' telepathy is more powerful now.

Love the interaction between the Legion guys. Wildfire and Tyroc seem to be building a budding friendship.

#599524 11/04/11 10:06 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Given my own preference for describing Tellus' telepathy in oceanic / aquatic / sea-of-sensation terms, I love that Fabian has gone that route too!

#599525 11/04/11 08:28 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
And given my preference for Brin's hero monicker being more than just a code name, I'm happy with the direction Fabian is taking Timber Wolf in, too.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#599526 11/08/11 05:23 PM
G
Active
Active
G
*delete*

#599527 11/08/11 05:27 PM
G
Active
Active
G
*delete*

#599528 11/08/11 05:32 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
Originally posted by razsolo:
I'm calling it now...
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">...that yellow beastie with the wings that Red Rage is fighting inside the mall is Yera!</span></span>
confused But...

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">The monster doesn't look yellow on the cover. More like light purple.</span></span>

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#599529 11/08/11 09:59 PM
G
Active
Active
G
*delete*

#599530 11/09/11 03:55 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by NoLongerLegion:
Originally posted by Candlelight:
[b]And given my preference for Brin's hero monicker being more than just a code name, I'm happy with the direction Fabian is taking Timber Wolf in, too.
The Lone Wolf name barely made sense and the Timber Wolf moniker NEVER made sense for his powerr set at the time. If they want to GO wolfier with him that is great.... As long as they don't try to pretend that he has always been wolfy. THAT would just annoy me more than the silly idea that Wildfire (with no physical body and an easily disinfectable outer casing)can cary or pass on a biological contagion (poorest excuse ever for keeping them isolated).[/b]
Oh, I agree with you that his name didn't really make much sense in the beginning but fairly early on the artists started to play with Drake's image and the writers began changing his power set, and not just to make him more like Wolverine.
I think they did it to trade in on his name, which I think is a great one.
Fabian might be going that way too, because wolves and werewolves are so 'in' right at the moment.
I think.

As to the isolation, they aren't there because of Wildfire's contamination, imo, but rather, because of the other's possible and even probable contamination, whether they can actually contract the disease or not.

The virus might not be easily 'disenfected' from anything, either.
If the Psion knew his business, he would have made the disease capable of traveling multple ways and in an encapsulated form, which can not only be very hard to destroy/ but also, hard to detect.

We have bacteria and virus' that are native to Earth and here right now, that are both.

Drake's energy might destroy them, and the Psion contagion, too, but maybe not without injuring or killing the host, as well.

I'm just terribly excited about the possibility that Fabian will use Drura/Infectious Lass at some point, to deal with things.
nod

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#599531 11/09/11 05:22 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
I don't at all love that the young man who was exposed to zuunium and special radiation by his dad to develop super-human agility and strength has been retconned over the last four decades to be a clone of wolverine, with claws, heightened senses, feral animal instincts, etc. but, it is what it is.

He's been an ironic Wolverine clone for decades now, so changing him back to a non-animalistic, non-werewolf-y sort of Brin would be rightly seen as a retcon by those who have never known the original Brin, who was more likely to be characterized as an android than a wolf.

I'm not a huge fan of characters being re-characterized in 'shorthand' (Rokk having a 'magnetic personality,' for instance, or Garth becoming a 'hothead'), so the idea that Timber Wolf is becoming increasingly 'wolf-like' in characterization feels lazy to me.

I'd be similarly annoyed if Star Boy was re-characterized as a Jersey-Shore-esque 'celebrity' just because he's got the word 'Star' in his codename.

Still, the Timber Wolf-as-Jojo-the-Dog-Faced-Boy ship sailed long ago, and the last twenty years worth of Legion writers were all on board, so it's far too late to quibble over, I suppose.

#599532 11/09/11 05:27 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally posted by cleome45:
[b]
[b] I'm calling it now...
confused But...

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">The monster doesn't look yellow on the cover. More like light purple.</span></span> [/b]
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">There seems to be some confusion here. Razsolo was not speaking of the creature on the cover (Red Rage) when he said Yellow, Winged creature. The creature on the Cover (Red Rage) is obviously not yellow nor winged. However, the Other creature from inside the book IS. This unaccounted for player is the one that could be (and hopefully is) Yera. Ok?</span></span>[/b]
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Does it really matter in the end, though? Yera is a shapeshifter, so she can change her color.</span></span>

#599533 11/09/11 06:11 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I too prefer Timber Wolf to remain super-acrobatic and super-strong rather than Wolverine-lite...especially when giving him enhanced senses kind of makes Dawnstar less special. That might not be such a big deal in a team of 20+ people where you can have them mostly on separate squads, but when your whole team consists of 5-7 people (depending on how long it takes Yera and Gates to come back), it kind of IS a big deal.

Besides which, if there is a desperate need for animalistic senses on the team, I don't see why Yera can't do that to a degree. So now we end up with potentially half a team of trackers, but the one thing that Brin could have added (combat speed and dexterity which is very different to Dawnstar's flight speed) is given up.

Ultimately the characterisation matters more to me than the power set, and I do love how he's been characterised thus far, but it's still a shame.

I would also have liked Tyroc to have his power defined as local area reality manipulation channelled through sonics, rather than just sonics. Again though, if we have to give that up for him to get the spotlight that he has had recently, I can live with that change.

You know, something else that just occurred to me...I kind of feel sorry for Dawny in this team. Tellus, Wildfire and Tyroc can all fly without the encumbrance of wings. Gates has the 'get somewhere fast' angle covered, and he can take passengers. Timber Wolf (and possibly Yera) can track prey. Wildfire can survive in uninhabitable environments. And all of them have other things they bring to the table.

Added to all of the above, Dawny excels in an outer space environment, and I don't get the idea these guys are gonna be having outer space adventures anytime soon. I wonder if this will become a plot point for her - she's always been quite rightfully proud and a little defensive about her abilities, and her perfectionism has already been noted in the series. I wonder how frustrating it is gonna be for her when her uniqueness in the Legion is all but gone now? Thoughts?

#599534 11/09/11 09:49 AM
G
Active
Active
G
*delete*

#599535 11/09/11 10:02 AM
K
Active
Active
K
Never mind sending Wildfire... can't they send him an *email*? Or call him on a cell phone?

#599536 11/09/11 10:06 AM
G
Active
Active
G
*delete*

#599537 11/09/11 10:09 AM
G
Active
Active
G
*delete*

#599538 11/09/11 02:14 PM
Active
Active
I too prefer Timber Wolf to remain super-acrobatic and super-strong rather than Wolverine-lite...
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Then you are going to hate the upgrade to his powers this issue... half-assed odd take on Wolverine's claw action</span></span>

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">LOVE that Yera is back!!! Sort of. And she turns out to be the main monster on the cover.</span></span>

The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.
#599539 11/09/11 05:54 PM
G
Active
Active
G
*delete*

#599540 11/09/11 09:58 PM
Leader
Leader
Well, this is about the ugliest cover I ever saw and Timber Wolf's exploding claws are about the lamest and grossest power enhancement ever.

And was the rdrayjj alien supposed to be eating the winged alien? Ewww!

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#599541 11/10/11 07:25 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Yeah, I'm not sure how fond I am of the fact that Yera's been killing and eating people to try and reform her DNA. Even if she was "feral" and acting on instinct, it's still a pretty heavy deal to attach to her character.

#599542 11/10/11 07:43 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Does it really matter in the end, though? Yera is a shapeshifter, so she can change her color.</span></span>
I was pointing out that I believe the confusion seems to stem from cleome45 not having seen the interior pages razsolo refferenced. The link to the DC posted interior pages is difficult to navigate and I think that perhaps cleome45 hasn't seen them, but only the cover and the pages posted at the other site which do not cover what razsolo refferenced.
Also, it is not <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">the color that mattters. It is that there is a second creature and that it is helping them against Red Rage that is the (hopeful) indication that it is Yera.</span></span>
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Oh, I understood that, NLL. I was actually responding to cleome, and I meant to point out that the color shouldn't be taken as evidence for or against that monster being Yera, since she's a shapeshifter.

Apologies if it seemed like I was commenting on your response, and thanks for taking the time to explain!</span></span>

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,983
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
jab
jab
mini mall island