Roll Call
0 members (), 36 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:58 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:54 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by razsolo - 05/03/24 06:53 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 05:30 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:45 AM
Alt Id's I might consider changing to ....
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:45 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:44 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Legion of Super-Heroes: Secret Origin
#600212 07/14/11 10:42 AM
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy

...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"
Re: Legion of Super-Heroes: Secret Origin
#600213 07/14/11 10:43 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Now we know what Chris B. is up to. Awesome!

Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.
#600214 07/14/11 10:58 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I am definitely looking forward to this! (unless they give WILDFIRE Red Tornado's body) I hope this will settle a lot of continuity questions about this Legion. The good thing (hopefully) about this origin is that everyone will be in agreement about the LSH connection to Superboy(man) so we won't have to deal with any more reboots!

#600215 07/14/11 11:26 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Awesome! I love that we're getting two Legion ongoings and a mini right out of the gate in this "New 52" DC revamp.

I'm glad Levitz is getting another crack at doing a Secret Origin story. The one he did in Adventure Comics recently was okay, but I wasn't sure it accomplished the goal of helping new readers understand Legion history.

#600216 07/14/11 12:02 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Here I was worried when Paul got chopped down to 1 series after the relaunch. Now come October he's got THREE!

#600217 07/14/11 12:38 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Wow, another new Legion offering!

Adventure kind of just finished something similar, but this could neat, since it sounds it will deal with more background stuff, like how the UP formed, and not necessarily be all 'untold tales of the Legion.'

The cover picture, of Tinya falling out of some dimensional rift, suggests that we might finally learn *something* about Bgtzl, other than that it lacks vowels...

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#600218 07/14/11 01:33 PM
C
Wanderer
Wanderer
C
Aw, man, I thought I might be able to be the one breaking the news here.

I am beyond pumped for this.

Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad
#600219 07/14/11 03:32 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm concerned it's going to cut the Super-family OUT of the LSH again. frown

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#600220 07/14/11 05:00 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
...uh, that's postboot Cos' costume. Other than SW6, has any preboot/retroboot version of him ever been shown wearing that?

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#600221 07/14/11 05:48 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Originally posted by Reboot:
...uh, that's postboot Cos' costume. Other than SW6, has any preboot/retroboot version of him ever been shown wearing that?
Wasn't there a Who's Who or something with the founders wearing the Sprouse designs when the team was founded, based on the original concept for Legionnaires as retelling stories from the Legion's early days in Glorithverse continuity? Bit of a precedent for this...

#600222 07/14/11 09:55 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Online Content
Legionnaire!
R
I am cautiously optimistic about this one...I could really live without ever seeing again the story of Garth, Imra and Cos saving RJ Brande. But I would love to see some more stories from just AFTER that point, especially once Lu and Tinya join. I don't think I've ever really seen a story with just those first five Legionnaires.

#600223 07/14/11 10:36 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Yay! We deserve this. As Legion fans we've hung on through many switches in reality, reboots, and retcons. Too often, we haven't been give clear explanations of what past events are in or out.

The DC relaunch apparently will be making changes in the Superman/Superboy back story just a short time after we've been given the most recent alterations to that story. It looks like this series is going to address the important changes to the team's origins right off the bat with the relaunch. Good move.

Beauty's where you find it. Not just where you bump and grind it.
#600224 07/14/11 10:36 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I'm concerned it's going to cut the Super-family OUT of the LSH again. frown
I do hope they keep Kal-El a part of the Legion's history, for he is the foundation on which the Legion was built!

I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.
#600225 07/15/11 05:13 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Online Content
Legionnaire!
R
I have often thought it would be kind of interesting if the Legion were overtly inspired by SuperGIRL rather than Superman-when-he-was-a-kid-but-not-actually-calling-himself-Superboy-for-legal-reasons.

For one thing, who ISN'T inspired by Superman? He's really DC's Captain America in that respect, the moral epitome of the superhero set. So the fact that he would be the Legion's influence in itself isn't really such a big deal IMO.

Post-Crisis though, Clark only really became a hero as an adult. Kara on the other hand has always been SuperGIRL, not SuperWOMAN; and it would be kind of cool if a bunch of teens took their cue from her rather than her older cousin.

It would also add something extra to the Brainy/Kara relationship, and I personally think Kara has always benefitted more from being with the Legion than Clark ever did anyway. I'm not saying Clark shouldn't be IN the Legion, I just think it would be cool if SHE was their inspiration and he was just her cousin who was a really cool guy.

Thoughts?

#600226 07/15/11 11:34 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by razsolo:
I am cautiously optimistic about this one...I could really live without ever seeing again the story of Garth, Imra and Cos saving RJ Brande. But I would love to see some more stories from just AFTER that point, especially once Lu and Tinya join. I don't think I've ever really seen a story with just those first five Legionnaires.
Yes. I don't want to be negative about a Legion book but there is so much untold - the first year with TG, PG, IK etc for example Lyle joining the Legion has never been told properly. Also the post Magic Wars x Year Gap. Another telling of the origin story seems superfluous by comparison.

"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"
#600227 07/15/11 12:37 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Originally posted by Reboot:
[b]...uh, that's postboot Cos' costume. Other than SW6, has any preboot/retroboot version of him ever been shown wearing that?
Wasn't there a Who's Who or something with the founders wearing the Sprouse designs when the team was founded, based on the original concept for Legionnaires as retelling stories from the Legion's early days in Glorithverse continuity? Bit of a precedent for this... [/b]
Tinya also seems to appear on the cover, and that costume is something I've never seen before.

Maybe it's just an art error?

Cover art appears to be Tom Feister and Tony Harris, who also did cover art for the Legion series a while back (Dream Crime and the Darkseid arc after, if I remember right).

http://www.legionwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Legion_25 Cover for issue 25 shows minor errors in Star Boy's costume too.

#600228 07/15/11 01:17 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Tinya also seems to appear on the cover, and that costume is something I've never seen before.
I was assuming those were civvies, but I dunno.

#600229 07/15/11 05:26 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Cover art appears to be Tom Feister and Tony Harris, who also did cover art for the Legion series a while back (Dream Crime and the Darkseid arc after, if I remember right).

http://www.legionwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Legion_25 Cover for issue 25 shows minor errors in Star Boy's costume too.
Yeah, they also screwed up and did a version of the The Legion #22 cover with Apparition rather than Dreamer , but that wasn't released with the solicits. I doubt Tom F going to his old files for reference by mistake (and coming from a point mechana switched Cos to blue rather than lilac!) would get to the point of an official press release without being corrected.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#600230 07/15/11 07:56 PM
Leader
Leader
I'm not crazy about the cover. Either the art style or the composition. And Cosmic Boy should be in pink dammit.

I love Razsolo's idea about making Supergirl the inspiration for LSH. Give her a chance to shine with the Legion for a change instead of Superboy I say.

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#600231 07/16/11 01:02 PM
Active
Active
I agree the cover is quite dull, with washed out colors, and not very well drawn. I dunno. it looks so lame compared to Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy covers.

Gorilla Nebula
#600232 07/16/11 02:59 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by razsolo:
I have often thought it would be kind of interesting if the Legion were overtly inspired by SuperGIRL rather than Superman-when-he-was-a-kid-but-not-actually-calling-himself-Superboy-for-legal-reasons.

For one thing, who ISN'T inspired by Superman? He's really DC's Captain America in that respect, the moral epitome of the superhero set. So the fact that he would be the Legion's influence in itself isn't really such a big deal IMO.

Post-Crisis though, Clark only really became a hero as an adult. Kara on the other hand has always been SuperGIRL, not SuperWOMAN; and it would be kind of cool if a bunch of teens took their cue from her rather than her older cousin.

It would also add something extra to the Brainy/Kara relationship, and I personally think Kara has always benefitted more from being with the Legion than Clark ever did anyway. I'm not saying Clark shouldn't be IN the Legion, I just think it would be cool if SHE was their inspiration and he was just her cousin who was a really cool guy.

Thoughts?
Legion were inspired by Supergirl as explicitly stated when they drew up the consitution. Supergirl never gets her due though. You saw the freak outs that happened when it was dared suggested she even joined before him.

'You don't need a victory to prove to me you're tops' - Supergirl to Brainiac 5 (Adventure Comics 375)

benevolentbrainiac.webs.com
#600233 07/18/11 03:07 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
I'm actually kind of excited that Tinya is on the first cover. That suggests that we aren't just going to see take five on the 'founders save Brande' storyline, but maybe see some of the stuff that happened off-screen, such as the Legion's first encounters / admissions of Tinya, Lu, etc.

Checking Wiki, it looks like the first appearances of Phantom Girl, Triplicate Girl, Colossal Boy, Invisible Kid, Chameleon Boy and Star Boy all happened 'off-screen,' as they were already members when introduced.

That's a lot of untold history!

Plus there's always room for someone to get shoved in after-the-fact, like Kid Quantum or whatever. Untold tales of Legionnaires that we may not have known existed!

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#600234 07/18/11 07:23 AM
Leader
Leader
There was an abbreviated meeting with Triplicate Girl and Phantom Girl in that Superboy 80 page giant that was devoted to the LSH, but there's certainly a lot of room for expansion.

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#600235 07/18/11 08:50 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
I haven't seen any responses to Saturday's Levitz interview posted on Newsarama about LSH:SO... seems to address some of the points raised here. I like that <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">the first Legionnaire we're going to see is a young Brainy, and the three founders aren't even going to speak in the first issue. love </span></span>

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#600236 07/19/11 05:19 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Online Content
Legionnaire!
R
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Hmm...well it's cool that Legionnaires other than the founders will be featured, but Brainy?? We don't see enough of him already? :\</span></span>

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,086
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden