Roll Call
0 members (), 45 Murran Spies, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
not just another Pantha's dismembered head thread...
by Ann Hebistand - 05/05/24 06:55 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:26 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:21 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:26 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:25 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/04/24 12:22 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:29 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Re: Legion on Smallville
#602381 01/19/09 06:24 PM
Devil's Advocate
Devil's Advocate
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
[b] very very, no need to be offin' yerself from a nerdgasm. Enjoy your nerdhood. Celibrate it.
rick,

I totally misread your comment. I thought you told vv to "Celibate" nerdhood. I almost laughed outloud until I reread the line and realized my mistake. lol [/b]
It was his mistake, too. "Celebrate" is spelled C-E-L-E-B-R-A-T-E, NOT C-E-L-I-B-R-A-T-E.

Watching television is not an activity.
#602382 01/20/09 08:55 PM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
Loved it, especially Garth. Such a cutie!

#602383 01/23/09 12:42 AM
Active
Active
I meant to weigh in after I watched it but got sidetracked. I pretty much thoroughly enjoyed the episode. I haven't watched the show on a regular basis since the 2 season or so, it's a little too teen-angsty drama for me but they throw the nerd in me a bone on occasion and this was definitely one of those occasions. I really liked the portrayal of all three Legionaires. I actually thought Clark influencing the Legion code against killing was a nice touch and tied him to the Legion a little more than just them being super-fans from the future or whatever. Couldn't really figure out why they didn't bring some future tech from the future to deal w/ Brainiac rather than using a knife but the show itself has a tendency to stymie Clark's abilities for the sake of the (again) teen angst-fuled plot.

Kinda wish the comic Legion wore outfits a little morelike the TV version.

Is that a moon?
#602384 01/23/09 04:44 AM
Active
Active
........just to follow up, anyone catch TODAY'S episode? where clark was all ready to kill for the greater good? hahahaha oh god smallville.

#602385 01/24/09 05:14 PM
Active
Active
i don't watch smallville normally can any one tell me if Brainiac always has to take a host to live? was he ever just a robot?

cause if he does how can they reprogram Brainiac with out making some on give up there life to make brainiac 5

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions
#602386 01/24/09 05:39 PM
H
Applicant
Applicant
H
Originally posted by kidflash2fan:
i don't watch smallville normally can any one tell me if Brainiac always has to take a host to live? was he ever just a robot?

cause if he does how can they reprogram Brainiac with out making some on give up there life to make brainiac 5
He was originally in an android body as Milton Fine, as I recall. Clark destroyed that body at the end of the last season.

#602387 01/24/09 06:01 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by veryvery:
........just to follow up, anyone catch TODAY'S episode? where clark was all ready to kill for the greater good? hahahaha oh god smallville.
wow. maybe i won't start watching smallville.

#602388 01/28/09 01:59 PM
Applicant
Applicant
Originally posted by veryvery:
I caught it, and in between howls of laughter, I said to my husband "Not only did Clark influence the Legion, the Legion influenced Clark!"

lol

Night Girl's mother
#602389 02/04/09 03:41 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Brainiac seems to be able to live in computer form, too (Fortress of Solitude and in Lana's computer complex.

Computo might be a better name for this creation.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#602390 02/23/09 02:49 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I'd sure like to see a sequel. It was a great moment when they invited Clark to the future. The mention of Brainiac 5 and "the rest of the Legion" gave me a feel good warm-fuzzy and makes me smile.

#602391 02/23/09 04:45 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Maybe Lana will go.

Imra certainly said she had an important future apart from Clark.

And she has lots of power now, whatever they are.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#602392 02/25/09 12:47 AM
Active
Active
The CW has announced ordering Smallville's Ninth Season! Hopes for a multi-episode Legion Arc may now officially commence...

"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63
#602393 03/15/09 11:26 AM
Applicant
Applicant
Originally posted by Korbal:
The CW has announced ordering Smallville's Ninth Season! Hopes for a multi-episode Legion Arc may now officially commence...
I heard about that! I sure hope they do.

I think I heard something about *SPOILER* the Legion may come back for Smallville's season finale.

Real Signs On Things

"Trespassers will be violated!"
"Make love, not war. But neither while driving on this highway."
"Beware of Invisibility."
#602394 05/10/09 02:33 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
Finally saw it. Was very happy. Am in love with Cos once again (shocking, I know). I did giggle a bit, though, at his rugged man-beard.

"In the future, we do not shave our facial hair because it makes us bad ass and seriously mature looking. Plus it helps with my whole moody-broody thing." -- Rokk Krinn, 3009 wink

#602395 05/10/09 04:45 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
anyone can confirm that the Legion will appear in the final episode and when will it be airing? I am gonna record in DVR. smile

#602396 05/13/09 11:07 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I saw a preview for it last night, and I'm pretty sure I saw Cosmic Boy in it.

Edit:
According to IMBD, Rokk is listed in the cast for "Doomsday", the season finale. Also in the list are Impulse (Bart Allen), Green Arrow and Black Canary. Whether or not any other Legionnaires will appear, I don't know.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#602397 05/14/09 10:51 PM
K
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
K
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
At last!
"Lois Lane and the Legion of Super-Heroes!"

Tizzles

#602398 05/15/09 12:01 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by KryptonKid:

Tizzles
Tizzles is so cute!
smile

(If you went past the above spoiler by KK, I'm going to assume you want to talk about what happened on tonight's episode.)

Yah, Lois got the ring and the future.
(What is it with Clark and that ring?!)

I'd actually love for Lois to become a superheroine ~ if Lana can, why not Lois?!

More significately, for me, Jimmy's gone, Chloe is going to live in one incredibly beautiful Watch Tower and Clark has made another bad decision about his life.

I thought DC was kind of pushing that Superman has an almost infallible sense of the right thing to do?
He certainly is having trouble with that concept this year on Smalville (he'snever really been very good at decisions on Smallville, really)!

I haven't seen that the Kryptonian half of Davis was any better or kinder than the human side of him.
Both were confused killers.

I also haven't seen in the series, that the Kryptonians show any signs of rejecting their emotions or living isolated lives.
We've seen Zod, Ursa, Lara, Kara, Kara's evil father and Kal's father(voice/thoughts).
There's not a single Vulcan in the bunch!

confused

The last 2 episodes have also introduced some form of the Kandorians. At least that's how I've interpreted those very short plot moments.

I thought that Kara left Earth to try to find them ~ it looks like they found Earth first.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#602399 05/15/09 12:46 PM
K
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
K
It would be nice if we could actually see Lois arriving in the 31st Century. Really, that could take up the entire hour. Do I remember correctly that someone on Legion World said that Brainiac 5 was going to appear?
Jimmy's death served no real purpose. It ended the human-Doomsday plot thread, but that could have been resolved in a number of ways. It also "outted" Clark to another one of his close friends, but was meaningless in the end. I guess it was just for shock value to boost ratings, rather that a commitment to good story-telling.
In all, though, it was the best episode I've seen in a while. I can't wait for next season!

For Candle:

Koko

#602400 05/15/09 11:41 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by KryptonKid:
It would be nice if we could actually see Lois arriving in the 31st Century. . .

Jimmy's death served no real purpose. . .

I guess it was just for shock value . . .

For Candle:

Koko
I agree totally with all three of those statements!

And did you figure out what actually happened to Doomsday?
Clark ran him into a bomb or building or what?!

Those scenes were too dark and fast for my eyes to catch what happened.

Thanks for Tizzles and Koko !

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#602401 05/19/09 10:35 PM
Honorary
Honorary
Agreed with above about Jimmy's death. He didn't need to die. It seemed just like a cop out. You always know when someone will die when they find out about Clark's secret.

I'm also curious to find out what really happened to doomsday. It was waaaay to ambigous.

Also Lois in the 31st century is sweet. I always get so excited when I see the flight ring on Smallville. Coolest thing ever.

There is no better Super Hero group to have ever been in comics than the Legion of Super Heroes.
#602402 05/20/09 12:51 AM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
I watched it and... mm, Rokk. You're still mature with your sexy facial hair. laugh

As for the rest-- ehhh. I have mixed feelings. I mean, <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">the Doomsday climax was a total cop out,</span></span> which pissed me off to no end. And the <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">chick fight between Lois and that Mercer woman</span></span> was pretty ridiculous and sort of offensive, even if it did make for a convenient plot device to <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">send Lois into the future. I agree that I want to see her there, by the by-- that'd be cool. And Brainy! Could be super awesome.</span></span> I will admit that I did like the reveal that <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Smallville's "Jimmy" Olsen is not the Jimmy from the comics but (most likely or at least implied a little to be) his older brother. This works especially well IMHO because it sort of validates his relationship with Chloe and friendships with Clark and Lois without tarnishing the essence of comic!Jimmy.</span></span>

Also, I'm kind of embarrassed to admit it, but I really didn't "get" the ending. <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Who is that guy that appears? Are we supposed to have any idea at all? What does that symbol mean? Ugh, I kind of don't care but I'm also annoyed by lingering curiosity.</span></span> But whatever. I only watched to see sexy!Rokk, so I got what I really wanted in the first five minutes or so. wink

By the by, remember when the three founders had no idea who Chloe was at all? Well, in keeping with comic mythology, I had a weird idea. What if something will happen a la the "silver age" Sentry so people, like, don't remember her or her contributions? That might be kinda cool. Or maybe she's got her own superheroine alias in the works. But, if that's the case, please let it be better than Stiletta. ><

Either way, that little factoid was curious to me and I hope there's some kind of payout with it. {Hey, a girl can dream, right?} Okay-- ramble off.

#602403 05/22/09 07:35 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
With Lois getting sent to the future a la the flight ring, we are guaranteed to at least see some elements of 31st century life with our intrepid future teens.
She will no doubt assume she's dreaming (thinking she must have fallen and hit her head or something) the entire time she's there, but seeing more Legionnaires will be totally cool.
Seeing Cos again in the episode's teaser was just that... a tease.
I want more!!!!
LOL

#602404 06/10/09 04:13 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I wonder if the writers realize that they've mirrored the Silver Age with this bit? As much as I'd love to see the network jump right in to a Legion TV show it would also be incredibly cool if random Legionnaires were to pop up as plot gimmicks for a year or two just like in the classic Superboy stories.

Even as a kid I thought those were hokey but they were funny and offered a glimpse into something beyond the basics. The gimmicky plot device might even work better on the TV machine than in the books. I mean how cool would it be to have Jo Nah take a class with Clark at Metropolis JuCo?

#602405 08/02/09 01:36 PM
Active
Active
HEY HEY HEY, I'm FAT.

period. Well, not really yet, but getting there...
gotta start watching what I eat...

ANYWAY, I have a MAJOR, MAJOR Question: Can anybody who was at the SD comic-con (or who has reliable first-hand info of such) tell me if the Smallville season 9 promo showed any evidence of the Legion appearing?

I have seen versions of it on youTube, but all are too murky. I see a flash of Persuader hitting Clark with his axe, but it looks like it's the scene from season 8.

What I *do* know is that Geoff Johns is writing an episode again for season 9, but it will focus on the JSA..hence, I am concerned that my hopes for more Legion may not come to fruition.

I read somewhere that there might be a scene of Lois in the future...anything LEgion-ish there? Also, there is a blurry scene with a super-powered woman facing off against Clark, which looks like it might have Garth in the background, but I can't tell.

I have searched the 'net, and found a lots of info
about season 9, but nothing mentions the Legion.

Anyone know of anything I might be missing?

thanks!!!

"I like stuff that doesn't exist."
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,116
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Reboot
Reboot
The Mainframe